Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Monkey Fracas posted:

I cannot believe Piss Tub

Piss tub is real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Piss tub is real

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
#pisstub

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Every night it's a piss festival

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Unwiped biker assholes.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I was searching for the pisstub but came across this which is quite a lot weirder :stare:

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Zzulu posted:

I was searching for the pisstub but came across this which is quite a lot weirder :stare:

That reminds me, when is Hollywood gonna get off its rear end and get the Lexx Cinematic Universe going?

e:f

bloom fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Aug 1, 2017

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
:yikes:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

bloom posted:

That reminds me, when is Hollywood gonna get of its rear end and get the Lexx Cinematic Universe going?

The Riddick movies are pretty close sometimes. Sounds like crossover potential.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Zzulu posted:

I get home from work and can barely muster the energy to get the dishes done and here's this guy with a tub full of brains.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Best of the Worst should do another ninja month and look at Ninja Terminator with Richard Harrison.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P-oX2dMph4

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Why did Tiny Canadian have a copy of the dirty rear end in a top hat teen rape nazi dick eating toilet exploding piss sex movie?

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
It gets cold, dark and lonely in Canada.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Why did Tiny Canadian have a copy of the dirty rear end in a top hat teen rape nazi dick eating toilet exploding piss sex movie?

oh please, don't act like Jay doesn't have even worse VHS tapes sitting around

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

This sounds like the beginning of an Aristocrats joke.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

the real question is how did jay not already own it?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

bring back old gbs posted:

the real question is how did jay not already own it?

Jay simply said Colin picked it, he didn't deny seeing it before or having copies or even that the copy they watched could have been Jay's.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

jay personally funded a serbian film.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

KakerMix posted:

Jay simply said Colin picked it, he didn't deny seeing it before or having copies or even that the copy they watched could have been Jay's.

Yeah, Colin picked it, but I don't think he's foolhardy enough to try and get a physical copy through customs.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I watched V for Vendetta for the first time the other night and I cried several times.

I don't care who judges me.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's a bad adaptation but a decent film

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Its okay to feel things when watching a movie that I have deemed good so you are in the clear.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Arcsquad12 posted:

It's a bad adaptation

This is a pretty meaningless statement TBH, for example just about every single Kubrick movie was a bad adaption but they were pretty loving kickass films.

And when Steven King put his weight behind a good adaption (re: close to the book) of the Shining it sucked.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Stephen King and Michael Crichton benefit greatly from filmmakers being like "no, that's loving stupid, we're doing it my way".

Basically every King story is him saying "how far up my own rear end can I go with ancient curses or indian burial grounds this time (and for later books: before the alcoholic gets hit by a van)?"

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wow that was a really good best of the worst

naem
May 29, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

wow that was a really good best of the worst

:agreed:

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
I agree and in fact would say that every episode is good - just some are more good than others.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

rlm... good??

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

HoAssHo posted:

I agree and in fact would say that every episode is good - just some are more good than others.

4 legs good, 2 legs better!

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

khwarezm posted:

This is a pretty meaningless statement TBH, for example just about every single Kubrick movie was a bad adaption but they were pretty loving kickass films.

And when Steven King put his weight behind a good adaption (re: close to the book) of the Shining it sucked.

I like how in the miniseries when family first arrives at the hotel you can clearly see the whole loving film crew reflected in the glass of the front doors. lol

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I'm going to be an annoying contrarian, I saw Dunkirk yesterday and it was just kind of... meh? It was fine mostly but felt like a fairly by the numbers war movie without much to make it stand out.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Vastarien posted:

I like how in the miniseries when family first arrives at the hotel you can clearly see the whole loving film crew reflected in the glass of the front doors. lol

I like that visionary director mick garrett decided to depict the spooky topiary that move when you're not looking by having a bunch of cgi bushes move around on screen

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

corn in the bible posted:

a bunch of cgi bushes move around on screen

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
There really is nothing new under the sun.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

khwarezm posted:

I'm going to be an annoying contrarian, I saw Dunkirk yesterday and it was just kind of... meh? It was fine mostly but felt like a fairly by the numbers war movie without much to make it stand out.

eh, there are enough reviewers who weren't terribly impressed with Dunkirk that this isn't that contrarian? a lot of criticism i've heard deals with Nolan's timeline editing and schlocky feel-good moments.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
genuine mike smile incoming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXYcFYaN_ns&t=317s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

How do you keep a straight face when near Rich, and say "192 mins" so convincingly. God I love this moment between them.

It seems lately Mike has been laughing at Rich's jokes more often. Either Rich is getting funnier or Mike is loosening up a bit. Either way good for them. :)

• Locked thread