Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
OK, so I seem to have a bizarre problem where some of my Record Materia are... missing? :psyduck: I was rearranging my favorites when I realized that Auron's RM1 and RM2 were nowhere to be found, despite him being level 80 and the Library showing that I had gotten both of them. I unequipped all my poo poo from the party menu and even went as far as to get Auron's MC3 and egg him to 99. I got his RM3 no problem, but the two earlier ones are still missing. Anyone ever have something like this happen? It's not like I need those specific Record Materia for anything right now, but it's weird as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Star Platinum posted:

OK, so I seem to have a bizarre problem where some of my Record Materia are... missing? :psyduck: I was rearranging my favorites when I realized that Auron's RM1 and RM2 were nowhere to be found, despite him being level 80 and the Library showing that I had gotten both of them. I unequipped all my poo poo from the party menu and even went as far as to get Auron's MC3 and egg him to 99. I got his RM3 no problem, but the two earlier ones are still missing. Anyone ever have something like this happen? It's not like I need those specific Record Materia for anything right now, but it's weird as hell.

Did you stash them in the vault?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Was running through the D200 and D250 and Cloud's LM2 procced his CMD1, killing both the fire and ice gigas from half health with Zack getting ready to use fira strike on the ice gigas. Missed mastery because of a damage taken medal and no fire dmg on the ice gigas. :suicide:

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

saltylopez posted:

Did you stash them in the vault?

Oh hey I sure did. :downs: Thanks!

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

alansmithee posted:

Thanks a lot for this, was exactly what I was looking for (actually, more than I was looking for). Figured since I've had to move more and more away from my main teams, it's probably also good to look at the different skills that I've not really branched into.

Something that wasn't mentioned about Mug Time is that it's a 100% guaranteed slow as long as the target isn't immune. This makes it a bit more useful than you'd initially think for times when slow is applicable or necessary. Still low on the priority list though.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
luckily the new D300 torment drops 3x Major Fire so now I have a new farming goal to replenish that stock

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Gonna try my luck with emulation. Anyone have any program recommendations?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Aaaaaaaa gently caress Edea aaaaaaaaa what do I do?

I tried an imperil dark mage team with native Nabaat BSB and RW Raines BSB. I wasn't doing nearly enough damage and then dispel happened. Even though I renewed proshellga immediately and healed the gravity with Selphie, the next lightning spell on OK hit for 5300 and killed him. gently caress. gently caress everything. gently caress.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
magic seems bad against her unless you have a play rough or edea's bsb for the versatility as she moves thru vulnerabilies and immunities

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Snazzy Frocks posted:

magic seems bad against her unless you have a play rough or edea's bsb for the versatility as she moves thru vulnerabilies and immunities
or non-elemental damage

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I have Play Rough. :(

Gonna try a Zack wind chain team. :sigh:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
shes immune to wind, friend

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Snazzy Frocks posted:

shes immune to wind, friend

Just realized that. :doh:

I tried again with my imperil wind team and this just isn't going to work. I get to 2 imperils and then right before Luneth gets his 1st BSB off the dispel goes off and kills the Shout boost and he does like 5-6k per hit on entry. This stupid dispel meta is infuriating.

So now what? Imperil lightning?

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Edea is OMNI-INMUNE to every element except one of [ Lightning / Fire / Ice ] depending on how much health she has.

If you are going Mage-heavy, make sure you can bring Bursts that cover at least one of those elements (or have a Non-Elem Fallback Option) and cover with Hones the Weakness you can't hit...

And bite the bullet and make some space for Shellga and Dispel.

AstraSage fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 1, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Attestant posted:

I wonder if I could do the CM based solely around Tifa BSB + Cloud USB RW shennanigans, while hauling three FF2 idiots to the fight with old SSB's.

Or maybe I should just wait and see if I ever get FF2 goodies.

I mean, I saw a stream last night that did the 3 person CM with Raines BSB, Alph SSB/BSB, and Minwu SSB. Maria and Emperor tagged along as healbots with shared medicas and Haste.

(Don't pull on the FF2 banners unless you like FF2 characters. Most of the banners are less than stellar and exist solely for clearing CMs.)

Elephant Ambush posted:

How are people beating the Edea JS? Just ignoring sleepga and dispel and whatever and just going in with Cloud USB and imperils?

I'm having a tough time here with only a couple sleep resist accessories. I might throw in a medica. I dunno.

Any advice is welcome.

I cleared with three mages: Edea (w/BSB) to take out the Ice phase, Terra (w/OSB) to take out the fire phase, and OK (w/BSB) to offer Faithga/Hastega. Chain Thundaga/Ixion/Hell Thunder were used to push past to the first dispel, then it was just unloading with the nuke of choice and having the other two chip in if possible.

tl;dr: exactly this

AstraSage posted:

If you are going Mage-heavy, make sure you can bring Bursts that cover at least one of those elements (or have a Non-Elem Fallback Option) and cover with Hones the Weakness you can't hit...

And bite the bullet and make some space for Shellga and Dispel.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

KataraniSword posted:

I mean, I saw a stream last night that did the 3 person CM with Raines BSB, Alph SSB/BSB, and Minwu SSB. Maria and Emperor tagged along as healbots with shared medicas and Haste.

Tell me more about this. Because I've been banging my head against that CM with Tyro on dances and Terra En-Fire SSB w/ Titan and Chain Blizzaga while Gordon gives Atk/Mag and Emperor RWs Raines BSB and drop fat birds. I've come excruciatingly close several times before running out of hones. And If I could figure a way to keep Tyro not having to throw Hastega from his USB and just keep his gauge for SG I'd remove a lot of variance from the fight.

But if there's a way I could tackle it just bringing Raines and Rapha to pour on the magic without worrying about medals, I'd love to hear it.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ZiegeDame posted:

Tell me more about this. Because I've been banging my head against that CM with Tyro on dances and Terra En-Fire SSB w/ Titan and Chain Blizzaga while Gordon gives Atk/Mag and Emperor RWs Raines BSB and drop fat birds. I've come excruciatingly close several times before running out of hones. And If I could figure a way to keep Tyro not having to throw Hastega from his USB and just keep his gauge for SG I'd remove a lot of variance from the fight.

But if there's a way I could tackle it just bringing Raines and Rapha to pour on the magic without worrying about medals, I'd love to hear it.

It was Dirge_IX's twitch stream, which I just happened to stumble on in the middle of a bored-rear end night. I can't remember specific equipment or hones, but I know at the very least he had:

Alphinaud (SSB/BSB, Titan/Valigarmanda R2)
Raines (BSB, Memento Mori/I think a dead slot)
Emperor (Curaja/Protectga, Shared Medica SB)
Maria (Curaga/Haste, Shared Medica SB)
Minwu (SSB, Ultra Cure/Shellga)
RW Wall

Rough order of operations was for Alph to drop Deployment Tactics, Maria to Haste him, then herself/Minwu/Emperor, while Raines popped MM then his burst. Alph dropped both Vali casts then popped his BSB, focusing on the ice guy while Raines chipped away at Thunder. Meanwhile, the FF2s were on healbot duty, only using WIll of the White Mage in emergencies, using the shared medicas otherwise.

By the time Raines dropped from MM, Alph was about to run out of his second (and last) Aerial Blast, and had to coast by on the last few hones of Titan and Val.

I've heard of other poverty CM builds on Reddit using Indomitable Blade to recharge Valigarmanda on Alphinaud, but honestly, it seems like Val/Titan is key to getting through the CM without Iceman murderizing you. That Alph BSB is so good (and the fact he has a Radiant Shield to help things along) is why he's the top choice.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
So how important is Radiant Shield to that kill? It seems it would be responsible for a lot of the damage. I'm starting to wonder if I can just take Delita in with Cloud USB and God King the Ice Gigas into oblivion.

e: God King targets randomly, Delita worthless

ZiegeDame fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Aug 2, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ZiegeDame posted:

So how important is Radiant Shield to that kill? It seems it would be responsible for a lot of the damage. I'm starting to wonder if I can just take Delita in with Cloud USB and God King the Ice Gigas into oblivion.

On average it was contributing about 2500-3000 damage per turn from hitting five team members for ~500-700 an attack. It wasn't nearly as big a difference as consistent Valigarmandas, but it wasn't nothing.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Did Japan ever the the option to upgrade major orbs in to crystals or are 6* materials still kept separate?

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

I thought the Torment 300 JS CM would be beyond me, since I only have 4 relics from FFII, none above SSB and one being Josef's hilarious self-sacrifice.

Then I realized those 3 SSBs were actually the perfect combination to Master and get all 30 Wisdom 5* motes with the following party:

Guy (SSB, Full Charge/Fires Within)
Firion (SSB, Flashing Blade/Hailstorm)
Minwu (SSB, Curada/Ultra Cure)
Ramza (Shout/BSB etc, Full Break/Armor Breakdown)
Tyro (SG/BSB/USB, Bio Grenade/Mug Bloodlust)

RW: Cloud's broken USB

Took a couple runs only because it became difficult to hit the Ice Gigas with Fires Within and not die to the AoE barrage. But having Guy and Firion drop Cross Slash after buffs and debuffs were applied, then spamming triple AoE SSBs just melted the bosses. Minwu's instant AoE heal was also crucial.

I am astounded to have collected the 30 Wisdom 5* motes. Of course the 55 total is still frustrating.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

Did Japan ever the the option to upgrade major orbs in to crystals or are 6* materials still kept separate?

Still can't upgrade to 6* crystals, but they are farm-able as rare drops from dailies now.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Mastered geosangano JS CM minutes before deadline passed. Very happy to finally do my first d250 and d300. The 300 was easier than the 250.

No cloud fuckery, just native rikku bsb to water imperial, native and RW tidus OSB to burst, and native Lulu bsb, then USB and bsb to keep steady damage incoming with Ramza and yshy doing their usual thing.

Not a ton of fun fight but not the worst thing ever either. Nice not getting dispelled like edea js.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Figures that of everything on this II Torment that the D200 CM would be the last one I'd clear. I knew I had access to the right SBs, but I kept thinking that a lack of any native medica for Minwu would put it out of reach. Finally rubbed some brain cells together and figured out what I needed to do. More ice resist accessories, and getting Leon and Minwu up to level 99 were big parts of that.

But this doesn't happen period without Firion's BSB. The Ice Gigas doesn't counter the entry, and then the 8xCMD1 I had built up by then was basically "free" since the magic blink ate the counter. When I had only the Ice Gigas to go, I had 3 full charges on Firion and alternated BSB entry and CMD1 until it died. Good thing too, because Gordon and Leila got picked off by the stupid loving Boulders attack (and seriously, gently caress that poo poo forever) as did Minwu right at the end as my wall wore off.

Leon contributed a little DPS and was mainly there to be a damage sponge for the trash. Gordon's ATK/MAG break SB was very handy, and it really paid off to make him a backup healer. Leila has her Shellga/Hastega SB, which was key in freeing up an ability slot and, you know, providing a damned source of haste. Minwu's job was to heal and break out the shared medica I put on him when poo poo got dicey. Just happy to have taken down this CM with only 4 SBs in the whole realm and not a single native medica.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Was running the D250 and apparently both shell and wall fell off right before the boss so I was stuck taking 4-6k damage from the thunder gigas's first action no matter what. A nice waste of 10-15 minutes. The 3-5 trash per wave thing is really loving tedious.

e: Just had a 3x MLO level in the daily dungeon. :whatup:

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Aug 2, 2017

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Finally managed that JS CM

Tyro on USB for Hastega (and bonus 2k pre-heal) and SG
Minwu on Insta-medica
Gordon on Atk+/Mag+/Blink
Emperor, lord of the Fatbird
Terra with En-Fire AoE SSB

Key elements that made the difference:
Tyro goes USB -> Multi Break -> SG; Early turns are easy, might as well give Minwu something to heal, and I'm positive I ate a Thunderbolt in the extra 5 seconds of SG this bought me
Emperor goes Hat SB -> RW on Thunder -> CMD2 - > 2x Fatbird -> CMD2; by refreshing the mag boost right before burst mode ends, he keeps doing big damage with all 5 Fatbird charges

Once the first RW and hate start to run out, Tyro does USB with his last charge for the haste, then uses the instant casts to refresh Multibreak, then drop the second RW charge so he can contribute damage in the home stretch. Once Terra and Emperor are out of Summons, Ice Gigas will be dead and it's just a matter of burning down the other two with Chain-gas before they atomize my Wall-less team, and having two shots of Will of the White Mage really helped with that.

But all in all, the real game changer for my strat was dropping Power Breakdown and bringing Mental Breakdown instead. That accounted for at least 8k extra damage per Fatbird or Rainse CMD2, and way more than that on Terra's SSB shots. Went from running out of hones to having 2-3 Chain-ga shots to spare, so you could theoretically do it with one fewer Titan hones.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Finally got Edea JS!

That new Rinoa BSB I got in the dollar pull helped a lot but I probably could've done it anyway. I just needed to stop being lazy and actually play the fight the intended way instead of looking for cheap easy poo poo.

My RW was Sheepsong. Shantotto BSB is loving insane when both Sheepsong and OK BSB are stacked.

I am definitely going to hit and run the A+ version and do the exact same thing because gently caress doing that without 3 bars each at the start. This will be my first hit and run fight and I will not feel guilty about it at all.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Had enough mithril for a second 11 draw, got Seifer bsb :toot: and Laguna's Vega. Beats another dress

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i haven't been playing this much lately but i've been coasting on getting daily mythril and somehow i suddenly had 110 mythril somehow? so i threw a draw at trying to get squall's second burst soul break because my final fantasy 8 synergy is reasonably lousy and i remember hearing that it's pretty good. i wound up getting his ultra soul break instead, so definitely not a wasted pull, is the idea to cast it and then just spam something like snowspell strike to get bonus attacks?

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT

Cowcaster posted:

i haven't been playing this much lately but i've been coasting on getting daily mythril and somehow i suddenly had 110 mythril somehow? so i threw a draw at trying to get squall's second burst soul break because my final fantasy 8 synergy is reasonably lousy and i remember hearing that it's pretty good. i wound up getting his ultra soul break instead, so definitely not a wasted pull, is the idea to cast it and then just spam something like snowspell strike to get bonus attacks?

Pretty much, it synergises best with his bsb, but snowspell strike will work. With a r2 SSS you'll only get two procs, so it's probably worth bringing blizzaga/ra strike as a backup

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

So when's the next banner with decent FF2 relics? Because holy hell this lack of FF2 synergy gear sucks.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Evil Fluffy posted:

So when's the next banner with decent FF2 relics? Because holy hell this lack of FF2 synergy gear sucks.

Schedule should be: VII tomorrow=>IV=>XV=>XI=>Element Fest=>V=>VI=>II=>Tactics=>30th Anniversary=>III
Assuming no changes!

So II is wedged between a lot of much better options, unfortunately. First banner introduces Scott, and has Gordon relics (II's Support), Second Banner is Dark oriented(ish) with Emperor (who has Dark, Wind, and Earth related relics), Leon, and Firion. Oh, and Josef, an Ice Monk.

The first banner of the 30th anniversary is going to be for the NES games (I-II-III), and has some of the best II relics (Firion, Maria, etc) on it. You might want to wait until then.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

I have no idea if these are good? I have no experience with neither Hope nor Sazh.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
Hope is bad in the upcoming USB + honed ability meta because the best magic holy attack is a 4* summon and he is a holy wizard.

That BSB is perfectly serviceable in the meantime if you are running a mage team, but mage teams require multiple stacking magic buffs to be good.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Got

Ingus BSB
Lightning OSB

Pleased with this. My Lightning is becoming pretty strong. I don't plan on using the OSB much, but that relic will help me big time in that realm. I have her BSB2 and en-thunder SSB(with the lightning boost on the armor too). She's gonna do some nice damage especially in-realm.

Ingus rounds out my physical earth team with Tifa and Guy.

Social Psychology
Mar 25, 2015
Hope's BSB2 does have an AoE Dispel, so he's got that little niche going for him

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Time to retire the Vega 42s. They served me well.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
1/11 Hope's BSB2. So that'll never get used.

Social Psychology posted:

Hope's BSB2 does have an AoE Dispel, so he's got that little niche going for him

Yeah, but AoE dispel is good for the Mandragora fight and, uh.... that's it.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

1/11: Sazh SSB The Choco-Chick (ATK +50% & Magic Blink)

Would be cool if I didn't already own his BSB, but hey I'll take another +10 ATK on him. Plus having both will be pretty cool for Jump Start fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I got Desch's BSB, Ingus's SSB, and a loving dupe Raines BSB. Could be worse I guess.

• Locked thread