Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Pearl: Dares people to commit suicide
Marina: Is cool under pressure

Why does anyone like Pearl again

Game respects game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evil Eagle posted:

contrarianism

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Evil Eagle posted:

They identify with the Mayo chugging gremlin

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've been on Pearl's side for both Splatfests so far and I'm not happy about it

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

News on some 2K Switch games

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/892841475033190400

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Evil Eagle posted:

I think this is clear as night and day. It's. Black and white kinda thing.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Wow racist much

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

I wanted to get this on launch but not digitally, booo.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Wow racist much

We won't have any of those octophobic comments in here

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The Bloop posted:

We won't have any of those octophobic comments in here

If the Octarians would just learn to integrate with Squidling culture instead of trying to keep their own we wouldn't have this problem.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

None of that will matter when the Switch gets Mario Strikers and Inazuma Eleven

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Goddamn Mario strikers was such a good game. Mario strikers charged is also a good game but it's very different

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

I waited the whole Wii U gen for a new Mario Strikers or Sluggers. Hopefully this gen isn't as disappointing.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Sega Soccer Slam was a good soccer game!!!! Although it made my friends and I very angry with each other.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kirios posted:

If the Octarians would just learn to integrate with Squidling culture instead of trying to keep their own we wouldn't have this problem.

We're all ink under the skin. We all bleed the color of the team we are temporarily a part of.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Guy Goodbody posted:

When's Mario Grapplers

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Nintendo is also known as Schrödinger's Company; a company that is both doomed and not doomed at the same time

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Nintendo is also known as Schrödinger's Company; a company that is both doomed and not doomed at the same time

You have a box that says "Stardew Valley" on the front but you don't know if there's a cartridge in it until you open it

it's empty

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Evil Eagle posted:

I like mayo?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I like Jell-O but that doesn't mean I have to support Cosby

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

The Bloop posted:

I like Jell-O but that doesn't mean I have to support Cosby

I'll have you know that Kraft Foods is no longer associated with Bill Cosby.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

dog nougat posted:

Just installed a screen protector. It's guaranteed for life which is cool, but I apparently have to wait 36 hours before docking or "heavy gameplay". I'm assuming it has something to do with letting the adhesive cure. I don't know what to do when I get home now.

Play in your bed as Iwata intended

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Does the 8bitdo’s NES30 Pro control have motion controls like the real Nintendo pro controllers do?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Spacebump posted:

Does the 8bitdo’s NES30 Pro control have motion controls like the real Nintendo pro controllers do?

I do not believe so. I wonder if the new ones they showed off at E3 this year do however...

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Guy Goodbody posted:

contrarianism

it's true, the popularity of the opposing representative last election caused me to vote for white mayo supremacy out of spite

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

I found out finally why I like Pearl.

https://twitter.com/milonssecretcat/status/892922150201561092

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

LethalGeek posted:

I've noticed the gbs thread on this topic has pretty much sputtered to a stop cause whatever nerd talking points they had didn't hold up to units being moved. Yeah voice chat is dumb everyone knows it no one cares really.

Anyone who gives a poo poo about how well a product they don't want does has too much time in their hands. I don't spend any time pondering how well Apple or Xbox products are doing. If your friend is even giving a poo poo ask them why they have nothing better to do then think about things they don't like.

Aren't you like 40 years old? Are you really gloating over the post count in a GBS thread about a toy?

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Spacebump posted:

Nope, no NFC or rumble either. Apparently the upcoming SNES 30 Pro is more Switch-friendly with "rumble vibration, motion controls and player indicator LED’s."

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Manky posted:

Nope, no NFC or rumble either. Apparently the upcoming SNES 30 Pro is more Switch-friendly with "rumble vibration, motion controls and player indicator LED’s."

As decent as those controllers may be, I would not trust motion controls from a 3rd party controller.:lol:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Aren't you like 40 years old? Are you really gloating over the post count in a GBS thread about a toy?

:allears:

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Dizz posted:

Know anyone who talks to dead people?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I have downloaded BOTW two times now and both times I get error screens. I might be able to play for a few seconds sometimes but then BAM error screen. I am now redownloading again. I played one of the demos (that cut thing) and it worked fine. Am I hosed and need to send this switch back?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

James Woods Fan posted:

I have downloaded BOTW two times now and both times I get error screens. I might be able to play for a few seconds sometimes but then BAM error screen. I am now redownloading again. I played one of the demos (that cut thing) and it worked fine. Am I hosed and need to send this switch back?

Is it downloading to the system or a memory card? If the later, try a different memory card. If not, I'd call Nintendo.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I didn't buy a memory card. Nintendo it is.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

James Woods Fan posted:

I didn't buy a memory card. Nintendo it is.

Yeah, bad flash memory is terrible. I'm glad you caught it early.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

SeANMcBAY posted:

As decent as those controllers may be, I would not trust motion controls from a 3rd party controller.:lol:

I haven't really had time to test it to verify but the NES30 Pro has some issues that really annoy me. It doesn't stay synched when you power off the controller or the switch and you have to spend 10 minutes fiddling around to get it to work every time. That's assuming that the tiny battery didn't die overnight and you have to spend an hour of your limited time charging it up. I can't even use it to power up the console that I normally leave docked so it becomes a tedious process to get it working every time you want to play. The flashing lights surrounding the controller blink constantly too.

Rexroom posted:

I'm an alanyst and can confimr.

I'm an analist

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!

GreenNight posted:

Xenoblade for the 3ds is the loving worst. I ended up emulating the wii ver so I could see what the hell is going on.

It gave me lotion sickness trying to use the 3D effect. I have zero problems with any other game but that one. Turning 3D off and the game looked like jagged mud.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Klisejo posted:

It gave me lotion sickness trying to use the 3D effect. I have zero problems with any other game but that one. Turning 3D off and the game looked like jagged mud.

Don't play it immediately after Senran Kagura. That's probably the cause of your lotion sickness

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I tried playing it on the 3DS too but drat the emulated Wii version is just so much better. It's a drat shame because I love the game and would much rather play it on the 3DS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Yes that was exactly my point. Good job

• Locked thread