Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I can communicate with the ghosts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Xenoblade for the 3ds is the loving worst. I ended up emulating the wii ver so I could see what the hell is going on.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Dizz posted:

Know anyone who talks to dead people?

:(

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

LethalGeek posted:

I've noticed the gbs thread on this topic has pretty much sputtered to a stop

LethalGeek posted:

Anyone who gives a poo poo about how well a product they don't want does has too much time in their hands.
:thunk:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm starting to feel like the planned video clip capture feature isn't coming.:smith:

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'm starting to feel like the planned video clip capture feature isn't coming.:smith:

aka the switch is dying

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I have BOTW on my Wii U. I should probably get around to finishing it some day.

Is MK8D worth it if I played it a ton on WiiU and got all the dlc?

Only if you still want to sit down and play it. It's cool to have the game portable but I played it so much on the Wii U. I didn't put nearly as much time in the Switch version. The goon room died within 2 weeks.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Rufio posted:

Is it still possible to play the Switch on my home entertainment system?
The screen as in the FOV of the video game Stardew Valley.

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!
All these games that are coming to the switch this year and all I have to do is wait in my chair for the games to come out. Feels good to be a Switch-haver.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

You should probably get out of your seat sometime this year

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

a.lo posted:

my two dads have a nintendo switch and splatoon 2 but the internet is so bad I literally can’t stay connected to one match

Have a similar issue here. Have basically garbage-tier internet through my landlady. DSL over WiFi, in a house with 4 other people. The lovely internet is enough to make me want to move out, nevermind the other issues living with crazy-wackadoodle housemates. I mean I just wanna splat some people in the comfort of my own room, but it's too far from from the modem/router to reliably connect. :smith:

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Pindakaas posted:

All these games that are coming to the switch this year and all I have to do is wait in my chair for the games to come out. Feels good to be a Switch-haver.

don't forget to get a thigh massage now and then

thank me later

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

GreenNight posted:

Xenoblade for the 3ds is the loving worst. I ended up emulating the wii ver so I could see what the hell is going on.

I had to give up after a couple hours. I couldn't see anything and whatever quest I was on had no marker or text so I was running around aimlessly.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Any games come out recently?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Yes, Stardew had a surprise unannounced release. I'm shocked no one told you.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

wordsgame dot lul

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Splatoon 2 is very good.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

This console is perfect for coming home drunk and playing Neo Turf Masters.

Gotta get on dat green.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Pyre would be perfect for the Switch.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

1500quidporsche posted:

Gotta get on dat green.

I thought this was gonna be some kind of cool arcade-y game from some older era about claiming turf with some neon aesthetic or something.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

1500quidporsche posted:

Gotta get on dat green.

Sad but agreed, still the best game on the Switch.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Harvest moon when?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WJEY-lVwTQ

Oh... um... Stardew when?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Harvest moon isn't actually harvest moon anymore

Youre looking for story of seasons

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Dizz posted:

Whatever the combination of disgust and pity is.

That would be "tiddy"

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Modus Pwnens posted:

Harvest moon when?

Love that "walking speed doesn't match the animation speed" ice-skating look I've come to expect in quality game releases. :allears:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

jokes posted:

I thought this was gonna be some kind of cool arcade-y game from some older era about claiming turf with some neon aesthetic or something.

That premise sounds dumb, which is the opposite of what Neo Turf Masters is.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Modus Pwnens posted:

Harvest moon when?

lmao how have they not realized that people want sprites way more than they want 3d character models

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Just installed a screen protector. It's guaranteed for life which is cool, but I apparently have to wait 36 hours before docking or "heavy gameplay". I'm assuming it has something to do with letting the adhesive cure. I don't know what to do when I get home now.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

dog nougat posted:

Just installed a screen protector. It's guaranteed for life which is cool, but I apparently have to wait 36 hours before docking or "heavy gameplay". I'm assuming it has something to do with letting the adhesive cure. I don't know what to do when I get home now.

Play a non heavy game handheld like Shovel Knight, Blaster Master, Gunvolt, Kamiko, or Neo Turf Masters

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

More arcade and shmup ports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXDT6GSOClA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wir5mOQisJg

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Not a Children posted:

lmao how have they not realized that people want sprites way more than they want 3d character models

low effort 3d is easier to do

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Picked up Namco and it's a nice package. I think it's worth it if you like the roster of games.

It's a must if you have friends with Switches just to play Pacman Vs. They can download a free app in the eShop to play it with you even if they don't own the game.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

SeANMcBAY posted:

Picked up Namco and it's a nice package. I think it's worth it if you like the roster of games.

It's a must if you have friends with Switches just to play Pacman Vs. They can download a free app in the eShop to play it with you even if they don't own the game.
This is a cool evolution of the old DS "local download and play" multiplayer modes. I'd probably never use it myself cause I have no friends but it's nice that options are available for stuff like that.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Bill Barber posted:

This is a cool evolution of the old DS "local download and play" multiplayer modes. I'd probably never use it myself cause I have no friends but it's nice that options are available for stuff like that.

a gasp is heard from the crowd

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

a.lo posted:

I can communicate with the ghosts

suspicious

enojy posted:

That would be "tiddy"

loving hell

get tricked

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I got peer pressured into buying splatoon 2 because my friends all have it
I've spent more than $200 on switch games in the month I have owned it

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bill Barber posted:

I wish it was streamlined into the OS like with DS and 3DS but I'm glad it's an option.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You got pier pressured.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Al Borland Corp. posted:

You got pier pressured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU