Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I tried it with randoms but I couldn't do my usual go-to strat of "play Berserker and hope they die and leave" because they would leave behind a horde of giant-sized enemies. Demo/Sharpshooter works just fine because you kill everything before the gimmick can kick in and Sharpshooter still wrecks the bosses before they get a chance to hit anybody. All this weekly really does is punish uncoordinated teams, otherwise it's indistinguishable from Suicidal 7-wave.

The armor is nice, although I think it looks like spray-painted plastic, but I find that charming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Theta Zero posted:

All this weekly really does is punish uncoordinated teams, otherwise it's indistinguishable from Suicidal 7-wave.

Pretty much how I felt, although it was kinda funny seeing a siren come around the corner who was both on fire and 10 feet tall.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea I tried to do it with pubs and died on wave 6, shout-outs to the level 12 sharp and level 15 zerk who had a combined total of 40 kills by wave 6, good job friends, you are a credit to team. I'll just do it solo at 4am like I always do.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Sounds like there's at least six people in here that don't want to play it with random people.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
I did it on Solo and got it on the first try. Like always. :smug:

That's it I'm adding Theta cuz the weeklies are always harder with more people.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Alteisen posted:

Yea I tried to do it with pubs and died on wave 6, shout-outs to the level 12 sharp and level 15 zerk who had a combined total of 40 kills by wave 6, good job friends, you are a credit to team. I'll just do it solo at 4am like I always do.

I hope this doesn't mean you are waiting until 4am to find an empty server you can solo on. Because you can just start a solo game on your own PC any time you want.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gromit posted:

I hope this doesn't mean you are waiting until 4am to find an empty server you can solo on. Because you can just start a solo game on your own PC any time you want.

Na this would be on PS4 and I'm so astonishingly stupid I always though the weekly's where matchmaking only

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I got it with randos yesterday on that Super Mario server with the pipes. We were all Sharpshooter and just stayed up on that big green block headshotting poo poo until boss.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
http://i.imgur.com/zUJgIVr.gifv

KF2 shotguns = best shotguns.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Actually batting 500 with pubs on this week's mutation. With a decent team it's pretty indistinguishable from vanilla Suicidal, uncoordinated teams wipe which generally happens anyway. At least holding down the right side of the beach on Zed Landing for 2 games finally got me to lv15 SS, now I can fail to Rack Em Up like a big boy :downs:

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Rack Em Up is bad :ssh:

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I'd use it more but it's competing with fast reloads so no thanks. The gunslinger version is super good at least.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I just soloed the weekly with Firebug and then tried out the "Shaprshooter - all left skill tree" for the boss wave. The first shot or two were nothing special and then "whoops, looks like the boss is dead". I only hit a couple of headshots and Hans grabbed a heal off me once but that was it.
Camping on the rollercoaster track on Tragic Kingdom is great for only having stuff come from one choke-point. If it gets a bit too hot you can bail off the side, and the FB often confuses zeds so they fall off and have to run back around. It's a real treat.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Takes No Damage posted:

Actually batting 500 with pubs on this week's mutation. With a decent team it's pretty indistinguishable from vanilla Suicidal, uncoordinated teams wipe which generally happens anyway. At least holding down the right side of the beach on Zed Landing for 2 games finally got me to lv15 SS, now I can fail to Rack Em Up like a big boy :downs:

With a primary choice between either the centerfire or .500, both one-shot everything they need to (literally everything but Scrakes and Fleshpounds) with the railgun oneshotting (or two-shotting) everything your primary can't, so there's no point in using rack-em-up.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Rack em up is needed to get the 1shot on 6 player HOE; just sayin'.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Rack em up is needed to get the 1shot on 6 player HOE; just sayin'.

If you need rack em up to one-shot something then you're shooting twice anyways.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The first stack of 10% applies on the first shot.

Also you could just build stacks with your 9mm instead of wasting a 2nd railgun shot but that assumes your team is actually coordinated and not pissing off big zeds the moment they show up.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I'd rather just take a second shot and always have fast reloads instead of swapping two and from the 9mm for a perk I need for exactly one situation.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Did the challenge solo and I got my last ticket which gave me the tiny hat I wanted.

Looking good me. :thumbsup:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Theta Zero posted:

With a primary choice between either the centerfire or .500, both one-shot everything they need to (literally everything but Scrakes and Fleshpounds) with the railgun oneshotting (or two-shotting) everything your primary can't, so there's no point in using rack-em-up.

Is the centerfire worth fielding over jumping to the .500 from the LAR? It fires slower and takes longer to reload the the LAR and doesn't seem to do much more damage.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Revolver Bunker posted:

Is the centerfire worth fielding over jumping to the .500 from the LAR? It fires slower and takes longer to reload the the LAR and doesn't seem to do much more damage.

I can't notice much of a difference damage-wise between the centerfire and the .500, but I got with the .500 because I favor the magazine-based reloading and the ironsight, the centerfire's ironsight wiggles too much.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Killing Floor 2 is the headline game for next month's HUMBLE monthly. Heck yeah! Should get a nice influx of people in about a month.

https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
The game they reveal is the one you get up front so the influx should start immediately.

Edit: vvv Ok that makes sense I guess. Didn't know it cause I don't know anybody who actually subscribes and doesn't just grab a single month when something interesting is in there.

DatonKallandor fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 5, 2017

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
You don't get charged/given the headline game until a week before the bundle releases unless you manually choose to pay early.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Its the zeds blow up challenge again, first time on consoles but PC already got it.

Also the summer event ended on console but we didn't get 2xp or double drops.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
We did definitely get double drops, they were on a 2 hour timer all weekend. Double XP was for non-solo games only though so that might be what you were seeing.

Thanks to my :spergin: over the event, I've been able to nail down the drop system pretty well. PS4 seems to default to a 12 hour timer, events are a four hour drop, and double XP weekend meant two hours between drops.

And yet, none of that effort will bring my beloved Pukey back. :smith:

I really wish they'd have the carnie zeds as a permanent option. I'd even give them money for zed skins. :ohdear:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Dewgy posted:

We did definitely get double drops, they were on a 2 hour timer all weekend. Double XP was for non-solo games only though so that might be what you were seeing.

Thanks to my :spergin: over the event, I've been able to nail down the drop system pretty well. PS4 seems to default to a 12 hour timer, events are a four hour drop, and double XP weekend meant two hours between drops.

And yet, none of that effort will bring my beloved Pukey back. :smith:

I really wish they'd have the carnie zeds as a permanent option. I'd even give them money for zed skins. :ohdear:

On PC I found a few servers that still had carnie zeds running around. It was most likely a mod or mutator or something, but of course it's probably small comfort if you're playing on console.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Theta Zero posted:

On PC I found a few servers that still had carnie zeds running around. It was most likely a mod or mutator or something, but of course it's probably small comfort if you're playing on console.

I haven't played in a few weeks, but running my own server with no mods would have, out of the 6 of us playing over a LAN, one or two still with the carnie zeds. It was weird and I've no idea what causes it.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
I've been playing Commando a lot lately and loving it, but one thing I wish is that the Medic AR weighed just one less so I could use it with the Stoner. The Medic AR does the same damage as the AK and has the same mag size (albeit like a hundred more rounds and of course healing darts when your Medic is useless, if you even have one) with more spread, but the fact it weighs 7 and that I can't use the Stoner with it means I never pick it, the Stoner is just too good. Plus I can't use a Medic pistol when I run Stoner and AK/SCAR. I like healing but sometimes our team already has a Medic.

I know the one guy who worked on KF got scared away, but I'd also like to see:
Joining games late doesn't count you as dead
Not counting you as dead means you don't take a dosh penalty upon spawn (e.g. if I join a Long Suicidal game on Wave 1 and spawn on Wave 2 I have 170 dosh instead of 250)
Spawning you by the Trader pod instead of some random place around the map

Abandoned Toaster fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Aug 12, 2017

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011
So has anyone had a chance to try out KF: Incursion, the oculus rift game they released a few days ago?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TI50RDDWIE

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

I know a few people that tried it at various conventions and expos and said it's fun, but unremarkable. VR as a whole is kinda like that.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I like my xbox one, but I believe the reason this game isnt on xbox is because it couldnt handle this game, hardware wise. After playing FFXIV on PS4, its clear it to me that it can hang with gaming PC's, when the game is coded right.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

ChocNitty posted:

I like my xbox one, but I believe the reason this game isnt on xbox is because it couldnt handle this game, hardware wise. After playing FFXIV on PS4, its clear it to me that it can hang with gaming PC's, when the game is coded right.

Maybe at 720p30 or 900p30, if you call that a good experience well... enjoy

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ChocNitty posted:

But it is coming to Xbox one.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Is the weekly on PS4 bugged? I cleared it solo twice and got normal drops instead of the prize.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Marogareh posted:

Is the weekly on PS4 bugged? I cleared it solo twice and got normal drops instead of the prize.

I don't know how it is on the PS4 but on PC the weapon skin doesn't drop, it just appears in your inventory.

I also don't know if the weekly is headshot only mode, but if it is then the reward is a weapon skin instead of a cosmetic, so also make sure you're trying to find that instead of a hat or something.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Yeah it's not in my inventory and the weekly doesn't have a checkmark on it either like the other ones.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Marogareh posted:

Servers have been screwy for me all week so far. It eventually showed up in my inventory after a normal round at one point, but I've been having trouble with regular drops too.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0uNhsLmGWA&t=24s

I guess they outsourced the composer for KF2 over to these guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
I don't "get" sport fishing because I'm a minority but drat that game looks sick