Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I always thought it was "up above uplander"...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The real challenge is yelling "bow down overdweller" in only four syllables.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

O'er you could find a way around it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Control Volume posted:

O'er you could find a way around it

that's still 5

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

cheetah7071 posted:

that's still 5

dw'ler.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

hobbesmaster posted:

They should fix the "problem" by making everyone get a speed buff for sitting in ley lines. :getin:

That would be really funny if they did that. Now everyone can die on this hill I placed my circle on. Together!

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Farg posted:

I always thought it was "up above uplander"...

https://gamerescape.com/2017/06/06/lyrics-for-exponential-entropy-and-rise-revealed/

Keepin the pace up is easy, it's when the gobbies start yacking about their problems that I get tongue tied.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The official lyrics don't even know what the lyrics are.

I'm pretty sure Koji just recorded himself having a stroke.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Also I'm really disappointed that it's "time out of time" instead of "die Alex die".

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

Also I'm really disappointed that it's "time out of time" instead of "die Alex die".

SAME

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm surprised that it's not "super-powerful aegis" at the end of that first paragraph.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Just sing along with the misheard lyrics instead and you'll be close enough AND on meter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hrbcCqX_PY

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm an armadillo
I'm an armadillo
I'm an armadillo

TITAN!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ciaphas posted:

Just sing along with the misheard lyrics instead and you'll be close enough AND on meter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hrbcCqX_PY

The best part of that is them listing one section as intrumental when there's a guy singing really quietly during it

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Soken went into a fugue state while making Rise

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I have a lot of fun whistling Susano's theme during every run. The slow bit when he transitions to stage 2 is pretty wild, pure, and forever free.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Hey, I have to look at anyone who has a neat-looking glamour so I can maybe steal it. Anyways, Lalafell racism should be limited to calling them potatoes and unsolicited /pet-ting until we come up with a final solution.

Speaking of glamours, it was totally worth blowing all of my gil and MGP for this look. I love it and (hat aside) it works on all classes.

whats this set from, is it just redeemed for MGP in gold saucer or something more elaborate?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The A11 theme makes me laugh because I always mishear "entropy" as "anchovies".

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

RME posted:

whats this set from, is it just redeemed for MGP in gold saucer or something more elaborate?

It's the taoist set. You can craft it or get it off the market for way too much money.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

RME posted:

Only the tights there are from MGP.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

RME posted:

Most of it's available on the market board, actually.

Hat: Red Hat (from doing the very first RDM quest)
Top: Taoist's Shirt (market board or crafting)
Legs: Bunny Chief Tights (36,000 MGP)
Feet: Thavnairian Babouches (Market Board, Dalamud Red Dye)

I'm a bit annoyed because I just realized that the sword clips, oh well.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The Taoist Hat is also very big, red, and suitable for classes that aren't RDM but wish they were.

It is however also expensive as gently caress off the mb.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i just did deltascape, cool fights.

had an exdeath both with a samurai with literally sub-300 dps and a blm with 4600 dps. that was cool.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I did Garuda Extreme and it wasn't that difficult but like....

Are some people just braindead?

I watched as they explained the mechanic to get in the bubble, and then one red mage just kept not getting in the bubble. Everyone was standing inside the bubble and he just looked at us and....didn't. And then he died.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Occasionally people will swear "No, I am right. Everyone else must be wrong and they're gonna feel dumb when all 7 of them die."

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the worst feeling is when someone else gets the stack marker and no one is stacking with them so you have to make the split-second call whether to stack with them and at best leave you both with 10% life (but probably both dead) or just letting them die

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I did Garuda Extreme and it wasn't that difficult but like....

Are some people just braindead?

I watched as they explained the mechanic to get in the bubble, and then one red mage just kept not getting in the bubble. Everyone was standing inside the bubble and he just looked at us and....didn't. And then he died.

I like to think that sometimes they're just tunnel visioning hard and not paying attention to anything other than their hotbar and the mana gauge.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Xarbala posted:

The Taoist Hat is also very big, red, and suitable for classes that aren't RDM but wish they were.

It is however also expensive as gently caress off the mb.

Buy the mats and get a crafter to make the stuff for you. Or look me up in game and I can make all the Taoist stuff (Mordiceius Ketsumei)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Thundarr posted:

I like to think that sometimes they're just tunnel visioning hard and not paying attention to anything other than their hotbar and the mana gauge.

Yeah but... every time? Come on. I get getting killed by a mechanic once or twice, but if you're attempting extreme (this was sync'd) or w/e you should be cognizant that it's probably not going to be a steamroll.

I mean, we eventually did it, after about 10 times. (mostly due to the offtank not pulling one of the bird adds at the right time, or people not focus firing down the adds at first because no one said to and about 5/8 of the people there were new to the fight)

30m+ wait times for dps, could at least look up the fight guide in that time.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Tell me what you do for a living*

*that lets you pay the sub of the seven other people in your party. :smugbert:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Some people just have insanely bad pattern recognition to the point where even Shinya Arino would be shocked.

Also nobody sane would be DFing ARR EX primals.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah that's the sort of thing you unsync nowadays, especially since DFing an EX primal means they're still a threat and not, you know, a WT novelty fight for you and your friends to bang out in a minute or so.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I did a PUG against regular story mode Garuda as a 46 Scholar because I wanted to learn to heal and when the feathers popped I was like "hey they gave scholars Miasma 2 I can just just that and be a credit to my group" and then after casting it twice I realised it cost 300 mana and I ran out and caused us to wipe.

I am shameful.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

bewilderment posted:

I did a PUG against regular story mode Garuda as a 46 Scholar because I wanted to learn to heal and when the feathers popped I was like "hey they gave scholars Miasma 2 I can just just that and be a credit to my group" and then after casting it twice I realised it cost 300 mana and I ran out and caused us to wipe.

I am shameful.
The secret is that story Garuda is actually the hardest mode, even synced EX is easier as long as like two mechanics are paid attention to.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

homeless snail posted:

The secret is that story Garuda is actually the hardest mode, even synced EX is easier as long as like two mechanics are paid attention to.

Frankly the experience of learning to be a healer has been very beneficial for when I go back to WAR main and encouraging me to push my cooldown buttons because now I know what's going through my healer's head when I have 20%HP and they're sitting there or casting who knows what.

I cannot say "bad healer l2p" until I myself have been in the shoes of the bad healer.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

bewilderment posted:

Frankly the experience of learning to be a healer has been very beneficial for when I go back to WAR main and encouraging me to push my cooldown buttons because now I know what's going through my healer's head when I have 20%HP and they're sitting there or casting who knows what.

I cannot say "bad healer l2p" until I myself have been in the shoes of the bad healer.

Playing every job to max level or at least every role is a very enlightening experience. MNK teaches you to loathe most pubbie tanks with a burning passion.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Obligatum VII posted:

Playing every job to max level or at least every role is a very enlightening experience. MNK teaches you to loathe most pubbie tanks with a burning passion.

Also gently caress positionals.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
positionals are fun

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Positionals are only fun for people who enjoy doing their own taxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jimbot posted:

Positionals are only fun for people who enjoy doing their own taxes.

But I like doing my own taxes and dislike positionals?