Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone know of a mod that removes or extends the time a caravan can stay at an area for more than 2 days? I don't intend to use the small area permanently, but having a little time to treat wounded or strip mine the area before moving on would be nice, as well as it would give me time to actually make use of the muffalo swarms from the recon mod.

Edit: Having people transiting the world as part of a caravan have a break down because someone back at base told lies about them (Part of the Deception Mod I think) seems kinda dumb.

E2: How do you efficiently unload a caravan? I just got one back that took a half year march around the place and returned with many pack animals and items, and I can only get the items from the animals by individually going to each pack animal and manually removing each item from their bags one by one? Surely I am missing something and there is a vastly more efficient way.

E3: And now none of my colonists will eat anything unless manually instructed to do so. No zones are set, food is unforbidden, nothing is preventing them from pathing to it and eating it. Rip established colony.

McGiggins fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Aug 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Bhodi posted:

Man it would be really neat if the inside of the dropship was a room you could build in, then you could just put all your beds in there and not have to worry about setting everything up.

There's a mod trying to do this in the Ludeon Unfinished forum, but who knows when we'll see it

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
What was that mod that made combat 'realistic' and much much more deadly at the expense of adding a bunch of ammo types you have to build then equip? Did they update that for .17? Is it a forums-only download still?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
he didn't update that one past like alpha 13 or something because he had a tantrum about the developer changing a bunch of variables and stuff and making life difficult for him as a modder

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Croccers posted:

What was that mod that made combat 'realistic' and much much more deadly at the expense of adding a bunch of ammo types you have to build then equip? Did they update that for .17? Is it a forums-only download still?

Combat Extended is the successor to it. It's up on the workshop too, but the github version tends to be more up to date.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Unsurprisingly, the guy who works on it now isn't really any less spergy than the previous maintainer.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
It's always Russian guns too.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

That's mostly because the mod is made (and played) almost exclusively by Russians.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I could have sworn I remember someone here posting a short instruction for getting rid of the tremors from the Recon and Discovery mod, but looking over the last 10 or so pages I can't find it. Keep getting collapses, but have no generator quests in the overworld map.

Shits unplayable yo, and the mod can't be removed mid game without breaking :/.

E: Tried editing the incident file, but that only seems to reduce them to once a day, and any larger value input causes an error.

McGiggins fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Aug 3, 2017

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Have you tried debug menu under events?

The tremors is caused by a site with a faulty geothermal generator or something like that. So you gotta go out there and blow it up.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Thats the thing, there is no generator in the overworld.

I will look into the debug menu now.

Edit: according to Tynan himself, there is no way to end or otherwise modify an event, save to start one, via the debug menu. I will start another colony and see if i can just remove it via the scenario settings instead.

McGiggins fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Aug 3, 2017

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

McGiggins posted:

I could have sworn I remember someone here posting a short instruction for getting rid of the tremors from the Recon and Discovery mod, but looking over the last 10 or so pages I can't find it. Keep getting collapses, but have no generator quests in the overworld map.

Shits unplayable yo, and the mod can't be removed mid game without breaking :/.

E: Tried editing the incident file, but that only seems to reduce them to once a day, and any larger value input causes an error.

How long have the tremors been going on? There's a shorter tremors event that doesn't have a generator associated with it. You just have to endure it for a couple days. The longer-lasting one should have an icon on the overworld map "near" you. The icon looks like an Erlenmeyer flask, if I recall.

Even the longer-lasting one should peter out after a month or so.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Geradon picked up the only slightly damaged LMG to help defend the colony, and bravely charged into the 7 raiders, giving time for the other colonists to flank. He took many hits but surprisingly never went down (only losing his right big toe) and the raiders fled... one fled right at him, which because I missed placement issues, a colonist with an auto-shotgun happened to nail Geradon in the gut instead of hitting the fleeing raider.

He limped back to bed, so I healed him. Well, turns out one of the raiders was their faction leader, and he got the kill shot, so now most of the colonists like him.

Little buddy, you can just eat ambrosia all the time, we had two spawn events a day apart and have 300 pieces. I guess you're not voted off the Rimworld.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
How do you prevent sleeping sickness? All I can do is treat it, and that takes like a whole month.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

HelloSailorSign posted:

Geradon picked up the only slightly damaged LMG to help defend the colony, and bravely charged into the 7 raiders, giving time for the other colonists to flank. He took many hits but surprisingly never went down (only losing his right big toe) and the raiders fled... one fled right at him, which because I missed placement issues, a colonist with an auto-shotgun happened to nail Geradon in the gut instead of hitting the fleeing raider.

He limped back to bed, so I healed him. Well, turns out one of the raiders was their faction leader, and he got the kill shot, so now most of the colonists like him.

Little buddy, you can just eat ambrosia all the time, we had two spawn events a day apart and have 300 pieces. I guess you're not voted off the Rimworld.

Even the most abrasive rear end in a top hat in the colony is capable of redemption through unspeakable violence :unsmith:

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Crimson Harvest posted:

How do you prevent sleeping sickness? All I can do is treat it, and that takes like a whole month.

Pretty sure that's prevented by penoxycyline along with malaria and some other stuff.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

Is there a decent medieval mod for this yet?

Heffer
May 1, 2003

McGiggins posted:

Thats the thing, there is no generator in the overworld.

I will look into the debug menu now.

Edit: according to Tynan himself, there is no way to end or otherwise modify an event, save to start one, via the debug menu. I will start another colony and see if i can just remove it via the scenario settings instead.

Can always edit the save file. The tremors block should be at the bottom, if I remember right.

Ahead of time you can adjust the days till it can happen in the mods XML config, but once its active I only know of editing the save.

------------------

Anybody know of a mod that shows the near/middle/far weapon range bands when you click on a pawn's gun? Would help in positioning.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Slung Blade posted:

Even the most abrasive rear end in a top hat in the colony is capable of redemption through unspeakable violence :unsmith:

This really made me laugh. It's not the first game I've played where something similar has happened... luckily there were no relations in that raid.

On another note, are there any good tranquilizer dart mods people have tried? I'd like a decent method of downing pawns at range that doesn't involve everyone dying to gunshot wounds or charging with wooden clubs.

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance
Does luciferium cure artery blockages eventually?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

boneration posted:

I should hope so, that sounds like the easiest thing a bloodborne nanomachine COULD fix :v:

But for real, I'm not actually sure. You can 'cure' it pretty easy with a prisoner and a moderate mood debuff though

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

The extended prosthetics mod has two flavours of artificial heart.

So you can either give your people high efficiency synthetic organs, or you can make lovely off brand surrogates to give to guests (and then take their organs and use them in your colonists).

The production chain is big on huge cost sinks though. Plasteel, hyperweave and uranium will be in even shorter supply if you choose to go this route to fixing your guy's lovely ticker.

It's fun though.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

boneration posted:

Luci doesn't cure any age related ailments like bad back, frail, cataracts, or artery blockage. Just old injuries and scares

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

One of my dudes took luci, and I'm not even sure how, maybe it was dropped by raiders. But now they have the nanites thing and there's no cure. So far i've just been treating with meds and it's fine. Is it a problem once it says there is an addiction, or is it a problem after the first hit?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Eltoasto posted:

One of my dudes took luci, and I'm not even sure how, maybe it was dropped by raiders. But now they have the nanites thing and there's no cure. So far i've just been treating with meds and it's fine. Is it a problem once it says there is an addiction, or is it a problem after the first hit?

Are you referring to Fibrous or Sensory Mechanites? Those aren't luciferium, those are a disease you just randomly acquire from the storyteller hating you. It'll clear up after a certain number of treatments. High treatment quality (good doctors, quality meds) will make the disease less painful until it runs its course and clears up.

If they don't have a Luciferium need on their needs tab, they're not addicted to Luciferium.

If they DO have that need, then yeah it's a problem. There's no treating it, and they'll go insane eventually unless they get more luciferium every few days.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Ah ok thanks, I just saw it at the same time I noticed some unforbidden luci in the fridge.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Once you take luciferium for the first time you're permanently addicted with no cure; the only solutions are to continually take luciferium every few days or get rid of the colonist permanently.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
cryptosleep caskets work too but that's effectively getting rid of the colonist

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
How long can a colonist go without Lucy? I've read like, seven days, so a small supply will go a long ways if it's just one person. If you have a pod you can dunk them into during a shortage, the drawbacks don't really seem that bad for the crazy health boosts.

With that said I've never really sacked up and tried it myself. Permanent stuff makes me nervous :saddowns:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Danaru posted:

How long can a colonist go without Lucy? I've read like, seven days, so a small supply will go a long ways if it's just one person. If you have a pod you can dunk them into during a shortage, the drawbacks don't really seem that bad for the crazy health boosts.

With that said I've never really sacked up and tried it myself. Permanent stuff makes me nervous :saddowns:

You need to take a dose once every 6 1/2 days before withdrawal symptoms set in; once withdrawal sets in the colonist will pretty much chain-berserk over and over until you either get them more luci or they die(takes about a week and a half from when withdrawal sets in). If you're out of drugs, put them in a pod before withdrawal begins, because fighting off a berserked luci addict is surprisingly dangerous due to their pain tolerance and stat boosts.

Luciferium is super useful in well developed colonies where you can sustain a regular supply because it turns the person taking it into a badass and it's generally pretty easy to keep one or two luci addicts in nanomachines indefinitely, especially since it can make an old or badly crippled colonist useful again. I wouldn't use it early on but it's pretty safe once you've hit the ground running.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Recon and Discovery adds Seraphites which instantly cure Luci addiction as well as giving a permanent lifetime Luci benefit. You can get one pill through a very rare event or get incredibly lucky like I did and have a raider drop a four pack.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Heffer posted:

Recon and Discovery adds Seraphites which instantly cure Luci addiction as well as giving a permanent lifetime Luci benefit. You can get one pill through a very rare event or get incredibly lucky like I did and have a raider drop a four pack.

Alternatively they can show up in ancient ruins. 27 sera pills baby! Everyone can be special.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

R&D had me wondering if there was a cure after the first time I got that quest and it didn't pan out. In an outpost attack a few days after, a pack of 5 pills dropped. :toot:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

That kinda sounds OP as gently caress. Way to negate the entire Devil's bargain point of luci.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

That kinda sounds OP as gently caress. Way to negate the entire Devil's bargain point of luci.

Welcome to mods, though when I had 300 luci pills sitting in the medicine cabinet, it is functionally the same thing.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Cup Runneth Over posted:

If it was only available from the once on forever special events it'd be okay, but the fact that it can accidentally show up other places breaks it.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Warmachine posted:

Welcome to mods, though when I had 300 luci pills sitting in the medicine cabinet, it is functionally the same thing.

I use mods and I still try to create a balanced game experience. Modding != cheating

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

Good, bad, I'm the one with the gun.
One of my ~20 mods is causing the storyteller to not trigger events, i.e. raids, caravans, wanderers, etc. This has happened across multiple games now. Any easy way of debugging to figure out which one is the culprit?

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I feel the same when a colonist gets permanent brain damage and someone suggests a surgery mod that lets you install new brains :v:

The point is that you've had many in game years to develop an attachment to this colonist and now he's a cripple that can barely contribute. So what do you do?

I'm sure everyone has at one point or another had a veteran super soldier who survived a hundred fights only to get get tagged in the head by friendly fire and turned into a drooling mongo that needs a stroller to get around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Doesn't luci heal brain damage? And, you know, the tradeoff is that they're addicted to it forever.