Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Like, it's a dumb plot, but Rick and Morty has made dumb plots really loving hilarious in the past, so I don't think that's any reason to start groaning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I dunno I feel like people should continue groaning about SA-homegrown Rick And Morty pregnancy fan fiction in this thread

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Last Chance posted:

I dunno I feel like people should continue groaning about SA-homegrown Rick And Morty pregnancy fan fiction in this thread

SA-homegrown Jerry and Summer pregnancy fan fiction :piss: :barf:

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
haha my sister died in the spaghetti

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I don't know about you guys but I watch Rick and Morty primarily for the emotional plot lines, so this divorce thing is the solid gold I've been waiting for. Do they sell R+M shirts at Hot Topic or what? Might have to cruz by there later.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Last Chance posted:

Yeah there's a gulf between "Rick and Morty take dumb plots and make them good" and "..therefor Rick and Morty are definitely going to use this dumb potential plot despite no evidence"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Have they done the sad song over a sad scene yet? What about the TV show episode?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Taima posted:

I don't know about you guys but I watch Rick and Morty primarily for the emotional plot lines, so this divorce thing is the solid gold I've been waiting for. Do they sell R+M shirts at Hot Topic or what? Might have to cruz by there later.

Yes, it's the new Invader Zim in that regard

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Have they done the sad song over a sad scene yet? What about the TV show episode?

Too early for either of those, sad song scene has to wait til back half of the season at least.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Guy A. Person posted:

Yeah there's a gulf between "Rick and Morty take dumb plots and make them good" and "..therefor Rick and Morty are definitely going to use this dumb potential plot despite no evidence"

i'm not really saying the latter, i'm just reacting to the outright hostility to the idea

they might do it, they might not, but if they do it'll probably be good because this is a good show

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Venuz Patrol posted:

haha my sister died in the spaghetti

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Of course it's a great outfit, it's based on a wastelands classic:

drat, how'd I miss that obvious pop culture reference?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i'm not really saying the latter, i'm just reacting to the outright hostility to the idea

they might do it, they might not, but if they do it'll probably be good because this is a good show

I'll agree with that for sure, I guess we will find out Sunday if they decided to do that gag as the B story to Pickle Rick

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Maybe my favorite gag of the episode is Rick stealing their rock that is powering the society he gave them. Having accomplished his mission in true dick fashion just loving ruins it for everyone because.

X + 0.000000X > X

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Guy A. Person posted:

I'll agree with that for sure, I guess we will find out Sunday if they decided to do that gag as the B story to Pickle Rick

I like how if you follow the thread of this conversation, it leads to the realization that Pickle Rick is one of the dumbest plots I can possibly think of, and yet I can't wait for it.

So dumb plots be damned, really. Part of the joy of this show is taking dumb plots (Rick turns himself into a pickle) and mining them for concepts that are still valuable.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
What if pickle Rick, somehow rendered mute, is inserted... into Summer?

:goonsay:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

ashpanash posted:

I like how if you follow the thread of this conversation, it leads to the realization that Pickle Rick is one of the dumbest plots I can possibly think of, and yet I can't wait for it.

So dumb plots be damned, really. Part of the joy of this show is taking dumb plots (Rick turns himself into a pickle) and mining them for concepts that are still valuable.

It's beautiful, it's like they dared themselves to come up with the dumbest most pointless episode hook they could think of and then run with it and make it badass

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Crossover!

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

What is that from?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Who's the lady with the flaming hair?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Yeah wtf is that lol

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I Googled "cartoon red hair horns flame above head" and got the answer: http://starvstheforcesofevil.wikia.com/wiki

I recognize the name of the show. It's one of those Stephen Universe kinda things, but for some reason Goons haven't latched onto it quite as hard yet.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
:stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-4sXhxAP0U

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That poo poo looks gorgeous animated.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

When Rick says "Vacation" I'm sure they'll go to some universe with paradise earth but I'm also wondering if they just go to some dumpy tourist town with a completely average amusement park

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

There's an episode with a roller coaster.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Was that green rock at 1:06 the same green rock they got from Mad Max dimension?

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 3, 2017

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

rydiafan posted:

I Googled "cartoon red hair horns flame above head" and got the answer: http://starvstheforcesofevil.wikia.com/wiki

I recognize the name of the show. It's one of those Stephen Universe kinda things, but for some reason Goons haven't latched onto it quite as hard yet.

There is a thread for it that I made but it's pretty slow since it's on hiatus. It is a good show, though-it starts off somewhat rough and uneven, but by the last half of the second season the quality becomes a lot more solid and consistent.

Edit: It also shares a similar premise of "Two people going on adventures through interdimensional portals and running from their problems," though significantly less alcoholism and existential depression is involved.

CelticPredator posted:

That poo poo looks gorgeous animated.

Seriously, the animation this season is absolutely phenomenal. The hiatus was rough, but it's pretty clear it was worth the wait.

Was that green rock at 1:06 the same green rock they got from Mad Max dimension?

Looks like it, and he was sticking it in the universe box from the Colbert guest episode. They're definitely leaning harder on continuity this season, which could lead some interesting places.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Aug 3, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Acebuckeye13 posted:

They're definitely leaning harder on continuity this season, which could lead some interesting places.

I just noticed that the U-To truck that Jerry is using to move all his stuff out of the house last episode is the same U-To truck they hired to move Rick into the retirement home all the way back in the pilot episode four years ago.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I just noticed that the U-To truck that Jerry is using to move all his stuff out of the house last episode is the same U-To truck they hired to move Rick into the retirement home all the way back in the pilot episode four years ago.

I hope Jerry remembered to take his Titanic model and his framed photo of Doofus Rick. (He was keeping them in the garage.)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What the gently caress is "penis in the foreskin kind of love"? I kind of wish there was someone that could veto some of the dumb poo poo they say in the show.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Cojawfee posted:

What the gently caress is "penis in the foreskin kind of love"? I kind of wish there was someone that could veto some of the dumb poo poo they say in the show.
Maybe referring to docking?

EDIT: I just watched the clip, she actually says docking, so you even have context.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Cojawfee posted:

Oh you sweet delicate little snowflake, we have such sights to show you :allears:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I love that Rick was as freaked out as Morty in that Clip. "I wasn't in control of that situation.. like AT ALL!:gonk:"

Big Ink
Jun 26, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

DarklyDreaming posted:

When Rick says "Vacation" I'm sure they'll go to some universe with paradise earth but I'm also wondering if they just go to some dumpy tourist town with a completely average amusement park

Based solely on various short shots and previews. It'll be the apocalypse world with Hemorrhage, or at least in his house.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
"Oh man this episode was bad all they did was cover mad max"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zw_E4qwuNs

This thread is getting really bad in a LOT of ways really fast

pull up

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

"Oh man this episode was bad all they did was cover mad max"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zw_E4qwuNs

This thread is getting really bad in a LOT of ways really fast

pull up

There is no way in hell I'm watching that video

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Last Chance posted:

There is no way in hell I'm watching that video

:same:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I watched it and it's not great. So good choice there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Cojawfee posted:

Holy lol