Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Duck and Cover posted:

Will this convert ethereal knives into lightning (cast on channel)? I've been working on the assumption that no it won't but I get the feeling that was wrong and my original thought that it would was right.

no

Zore posted:

So after being horribly burned by the D3 necro, can I make a good pet centric build in this game that centers around permanent pets? And not just spammimg ones that live for 6 seconds because goddamn is that tedious.

Spectres and Zombies and Golems are all good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Duck and Cover posted:

Will this convert ethereal knives into lightning (cast on channel)? I've been working on the assumption that no it won't but I get the feeling that was wrong and my original thought that it would was right.
It shouldn't. It should only convert damage for its own skill effect.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Kild posted:

Spectres and Zombies and Golems are all good.

Well, Golems pretty much require the Primordial jewels in order to be your primary, right?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Well, Golems pretty much require the Primordial jewels in order to be your primary, right?

yes

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Duck and Cover posted:

No, but if you're using Phys to Lightning to get the conversion on Charged Dash all the way to 100%, you'll be converting 50% of EK to Lightning.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Edit: Missed new page.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Threw together a tree for an Oroflicker Slayer for 3.0 here. Anyone who's done the build before with feedback? PoB says I can hit a 98% ignite chance :supaburn:

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Have you ever seen the true face of God, exile?
/

urzaserra256
Nov 29, 2009
Can i get an invite

Pulses_Are_Us

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Mark released an updated description

http://i.imgur.com/0m6ScbS.jpg

With 9k life it is like 4k raw DPS

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

lamentable dustman posted:

Mark later posted saying the he thought a bugfix was in that isn't and now they're trying to throw together a panic redesign. Good chance it's getting pulled tomorrow since it really needs some more time in the oven.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

lamentable dustman posted:

Approximately how much health does a level 20 spell totem get?

Dark Pact Totem Occultist sounds fun.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Mover posted:

ooh, don't think we've seen the full stats for this yet

Time for a zero movespeed build?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnKR1vcxyK0&t=108s

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Budgie posted:

Time for a zero movespeed build?

It is always better to have more movespeed because your charge time is how long it takes to walk 60 units in a straight line. Just charge again if you want more hits on one guy.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

redneck nazgul posted:

Approximately how much health does a level 20 spell totem get?

Dark Pact Totem Occultist sounds fun.

I don't think the numbers have ever been released but its estimated to be around 5000 before 3.0. Not sure with the nerfed totem life.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

tithin posted:

Anyone got any recommendations for an archer-esque starter, my verrrrrrrry first character back in technical alpha (who I'd like to stress was god awful) was basically a walking shotgun with chaining shots and I'd like to use something like that again but that's hopefully end game viable

The short version I can give you right now is to go elemental, either Doomfletch's Prism stacking physical damage on gear and using Chance to Bleed support, or Windripper and either Added Cold or Added Lightning. Both of these are buffed quite a bit with this patch, so old guides might not be optimal.

I can throw together a quick tree based on what I would recommend for softcore: raider based on which version you want - or maybe another ascendancy if you have something in mind already; provided I have time left over after I am done with my own tinkering.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Death's Oath is changed but it's still not very good. Its free damage I suppose but even with the 4 applicable gems (5? with generosity) and assuming aura effectiveness is a more multiplier it's barely 40k.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

Mark later posted saying the he thought a bugfix was in that isn't and now they're trying to throw together a panic redesign. Good chance it's getting pulled tomorrow since it really needs some more time in the oven.

Booo, that was the one skill I was excited to make a build around.

Oh well, PoB doesn't seem to add the %life damage into its calculations anyway so it's not like I'm getting an accurate picture of how it'd perform.

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

Insurrectionist posted:

Booo, that was the one skill I was excited to make a build around.

Oh well, PoB doesn't seem to add the %life damage into its calculations anyway so it's not like I'm getting an accurate picture of how it'd perform.

I'd wait to see how severe the nerf is first, they could nerf that by 66% and it would still be the best spell in the game.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Yeah I'm not worried about a nerf (unless it's absolutely ridiculously huge anyway), I'm worried about them leaving it out for launch

Also I've been building it as a Life-regen Jugg and drat has it emphasized how useless flat life regen on items is. Hmmm yes I'm regening 2k hp/sec, I sure would love to waste an affix on a whole extra 5!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Flat life regen, thorns, and a few other affixes are deliberately bad to dilute the affix pool.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
hmmm seems to me low rolls fulfill that role on their own

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Kinda wish thorns and flat life had some consolation prize tier modifiers, like have 30 regen per second as the top tier instead of... 7.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
The final 3.0 skill tree is out and Path of Building has been updated.

They went and slapped %Increased Damage with Ailments on just about every physical damage node. Bleed and Poison are now looking pretty drat good (again...)!

E: I'm so happy, Poison Blade Flurry has great dps again. I've got my starter!

Twist And Pout! fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Aug 3, 2017

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Vasudus posted:

So since Hyaon's Fury is now 1% damage taken per frenzy down from 3%, I want to do something with it this league. 10% damage taken is a lot more manageable. I just don't know what.

Blade Flurry or Lacerate

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
What time is the patch and the league coming out?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What time is the patch and the league coming out?

1 day, 7 hours and 41 minutes from now. Patch is 3 hours earlier.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
I could use a re-invite, char name is Fewd, tia

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Fewd posted:

I could use a re-invite, char name is Fewd, tia

sent

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Twist And Pout! posted:

They went and slapped %Increased Damage with Ailments on just about every physical damage node. Bleed and Poison are now looking pretty drat good (again...)!

yeah if they keep that... :stare:

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Looking for a guild re-invite please, character name is Everslain.

Tia~

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Twist And Pout! posted:

I'm probably missing something obvious but is there any reason NOT to go for poison with physical builds that don't go for ele conversion now? Or Bleed I guess if that's any good, can't imagine it being better than poison though.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Nechronic posted:

Looking for a guild re-invite please, character name is Everslain.

Tia~

sent

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Insurrectionist posted:

I'm probably missing something obvious but is there any reason NOT to go for poison with physical builds that don't go for ele conversion now? Or Bleed I guess if that's any good, can't imagine it being better than poison though.

There never was a reason not to go for poison on non-conversion phys builds.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008
Not sure whether I'll play this league a lot or if I'm still burnt out on poe, but please invite me: Lobbyist

And do you still have to decorate a new hideout each league or is there a way to import it from standard or past leagues?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

There never was a reason not to go for poison on non-conversion phys builds.

True, but Poison was also strong as gently caress before. It was hard to tell whether it was meant to be a no-brainer choice or if it just happened to become one due to the mechanics of Poison. With the rework and adding ailment damage you'd think they might want to more clearly separate 'physical' and 'poison'. Compare it to poisoning from Chaos spells which is often very much a choice, for example after Decay came on the field even pre-nerfed Poison was still something you only threw in for bosses in many ED builds, and Poison Support currently simulates very underwhelmingly compared to other options on my current Dark Pact build in PoB (granted I'm gonna have to rejig it now that PoB was updated to support the %Life scaling so it's not optimized). It's a bit strange if Poison is now back to default status for physical builds.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
How effective is Rearguard? You'd need to have a Rumi's too, what else can you do to get an okay amount of block? Maybe Bringer depending on your build?

e: didn't mean to quote

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

and the claw won! posted:

Not sure whether I'll play this league a lot or if I'm still burnt out on poe, but please invite me: Lobbyist

And do you still have to decorate a new hideout each league or is there a way to import it from standard or past leagues?

sent. Decoate new for every league still, I believe.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

drat with those bleed changes DW sunder Gladiator gonna be an awesome League starter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

drat, the actual Storm Burst numbers are not inspiring a league starter worthy confidence.