Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Conspiratiorist posted:

Not while North Korea is going on.

You'd think of all the lessons Trump and his hyper-right wing cabinet would learn from their inspirations, it would be not to fight a two-front war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Why, pray tell, did we include the Iran sanctions in the bill?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Teddybear posted:

Republican Foreign Policy necessitates death to maintain its legitimacy with its voters

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ogmius815 posted:

The US public quite likes Francis anyway. It's just your weird aunt on Facebook who likes to be holier than thou to make up for the fact she has no family or career who hates him.

Pope should excommunicate America, make Trump install an anti-pope

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

The left on twitter appears to have decided that this is wholly one hundred percent the fault of the Democrats for wanting to dunk on Trump and Russia.

2nd Rate Poster
Mar 25, 2004

i started a joke

Azhais posted:

Pope should excommunicate America, make Trump install an anti-pope

viva il papa

I've not heard of many catholics who dislike Francis -- I winder if likening to conservatives to isis will result in much backlash.

2nd Rate Poster fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Aug 3, 2017

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Teddybear posted:

You think Trump will think of things like "troop numbers" and "logistics" before declaring in four hours while he squeezes out yesterday's McDonald's that we're invading the neighbor countrybaddies Iran and North Korea bing bing bong so simple?
How likely do you think it is he doesn't know how to order an invasion beyond making a tweet that the pentagon shrugs off?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Sneakster posted:

How likely do you think it is he doesn't know how to order an invasion beyond making a tweet that the pentagon shrugs off?

If he declares war via tweet then the order country will probably take that seriously and mobilize. The pentagon would have to follow along in some way. You can't shrug off foreign policy like they are shrugging off his trans tweet.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

2nd Rate Poster posted:

viva il papa

I've not heard of many catholics who dislike Francis -- I winder if likening to conservatives to isis will result in much backlash.

I'm Catholic. My main issue with Francis is he is still anti-gay marriage. Otherwise, he's a good Pope. That's a BIG issue to me, though. But, compared to the predecessor, he's a lot better on gay rights.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean you totally can, especially no-one's going to go to war over a tweet.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

This guy is an rear end in a top hat egomaniac so he'll fit right in until Trump thinks he's having to share the spotlight.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

pillsburysoldier posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTyQgwVvYyc

I want Cernovich to lose his mind over this so bad

Of course a beta male would make a video that says alphas don't exist :smug:

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Teddybear posted:

If he declares war via tweet then the order country will probably take that seriously and mobilize. The pentagon would have to follow along in some way. You can't shrug off foreign policy like they are shrugging off his trans tweet.
Did you have this view towards a sitting predisent banning an entire class of people from serving in the military via tweet he then promptly forgot to no consequence?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

pillsburysoldier posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTyQgwVvYyc

I want Cernovich to lose his mind over this so bad

First off, Adam Ruins Everything is a good show that you should be watching.

Secondly, check the comments. Nothing but "alphas" crying and whining while trying to seem on top. lol.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Sneakster posted:

Did you have this view towards a sitting predisent banning an entire class of people from serving in the military via tweet he then promptly forgot to no consequence?

I... I literally said how they're different. The pentagon can just nod and say "sure sure whatever" for a thing like the trans tweets because ultimately they're the only party reacting directly to it-- if they do nothing and he does nothing, nothing happens.

If he goes "maga maga we're invading Iran" then Iran is gonna start doing poo poo commensurate with having war declared on them. The pentagon will have to do something as far as that goes, even if Trump doesn't do anything further.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

2nd Rate Poster posted:

I'm a non-practicing Catholic, but my wife's family is very catholic, and pretty conservative.

I think he's a great pope, and my wife's family love Francis. A big part of the love for him is that he doesn't just talk the talk. He still just takes a regular car when going places, and there were stories of him sneaking out to feed the poor when he first became pope.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Glad the bar is set so low for the Pope that " He doesn't actively tell us to murder the gays, so he is okay with me".

Catholic Church and the Pope is a antediluvian mysgonistic cult that perpetrates some of the worst ideals for the human race and still advocates against the use of condoms in African which is one of the reason HIV is so widespread among other things like conspiring with literal Nazis, covering up the rape of children, basically theft from the poor, torturing people who are dying by withholding pain medication etc.. etc..

All while their leader literally holds court from a throne of gold.

Popes not cool and anyone who thinks that has bought into their bullshit propaganda.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Aug 3, 2017

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
^like seriously, do you understand anything about the power struggles within the church?

Covok posted:

I'm Catholic. My main issue with Francis is he is still anti-gay marriage. Otherwise, he's a good Pope. That's a BIG issue to me, though. But, compared to the predecessor, he's a lot better on gay rights.

he can't just overturn catholic doctrine like that. If he would go for some big flashy move he would be out on his rear end and everyone of his school of thought would be marginalized as all hell. the longer he spends as the pontiff the better since his allies can become an institutional force unto themselves.

the catholic church is literally the oldest institution by a huge margin to this day, and you drat well better believe it has 2 millenia worth of resistance to change to overcome.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Teddybear posted:

It was an Iran sanctions bill that had russian sanctions added to it.

Teddybear posted:

The left on twitter appears to have decided that this is wholly one hundred percent the fault of the Democrats for wanting to dunk on Trump and Russia.

The "left" on twitter seems to be mainly bots, russians posting from an office in st petersburg or russian bots. Also idiots.

It's pretty amazing how fast RT/Sputnik disseminate their talking points to bernie supporters and maga crazies.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
When the pope orders all the gold in the Vatican to be melted down then used to feed the poor I'll be impressed

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

PotatoManJack posted:

I'm a non-practicing Catholic, but my wife's family is very catholic, and pretty conservative.

I think he's a great pope, and my wife's family love Francis. A big part of the love for him is that he doesn't just talk the talk. He still just takes a regular car when going places, and there were stories of him sneaking out to feed the poor when he first became pope.

How do they square his confronting American Conservatism pretty regularly as Bad/Not-Catholic things?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Hollismason posted:

When the pope orders all the gold in the Vatican to be melted down then used to feed the poor I'll be impressed

dude the catholic church donates north of 4 billion a year to charity. that gold is a pittance by comparison. besides, dude was a loving jesuit, they are all about the vow of poverty and simple adornments, as francis has done.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Religion sucks.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Sure is a lot of money for a organization that doesn't publish any financial records whatsoever

I'm not arguing the Catholic Church doesn't donate money or set up charities. I am saying that no amount of money buys you a free pass to be a piece of poo poo organization

Bill Gates can donate 50 Billion dollars to charity but that doesn't give him a free pass to murder one person each year

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Now now, let's not be hasty. Do we get to choose which person he murders?

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Teddybear posted:

I... I literally said how they're different. The pentagon can just nod and say "sure sure whatever" for a thing like the trans tweets because ultimately they're the only party reacting directly to it-- if they do nothing and he does nothing, nothing happens.

If he goes "maga maga we're invading Iran" then Iran is gonna start doing poo poo commensurate with having war declared on them. The pentagon will have to do something as far as that goes, even if Trump doesn't do anything further.
What if they end up just talking to a diplomat or high ranking official who says just ignore the predisents twitter? What makes you so sure you didn't have a stroke and are imagining all of this?

Covok posted:

First off, Adam Ruins Everything is a good show that you should be watching.

Secondly, check the comments. Nothing but "alphas" crying and whining while trying to seem on top. lol.
Does alpha mean being conventionally attractive and able to acquire sexual partners, or exerting will through boisterous naked boorish aggression? Cause those are two different skill sets.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Unlike the previous pope, he does not look like a living corpse.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

CNN posted:

Anthony Scaramucci wants to tell his own story.

Following his departure from the White House after less than 11 days as communications director, Scaramucci will be hosting an online event on Friday where he will address the American people directly.

Also:

CNN posted:

Scaramucci told CNN he still considers his short tenure in the White House successful.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/02/politics/anthony-scaramucci-online-event-friday/index.html

Covok
May 27, 2013

Sneakster posted:

What if they end up just talking to a diplomat or high ranking official who says just ignore the predisents twitter? What makes you so sure you didn't have a stroke and are imagining all of this?

Does alpha mean being conventionally attractive and able to acquire sexual partners, or exerting will through boisterous naked boorish aggression? Cause those are two different skill sets.

Ah, you are out of the loop. See, first off, watch the video if you got the time because it will explain a lot, including how "alpha" means nothing and its origin was rescinded. Secondly, Pick-UP Artists have been calling themselves "Alpha Males" for years and try to convince people that being a douchebag who practically rapes people (or literally does, according to the books they write) is how to get women.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Well, as Malcolm Tucker has been many times quoted already, if you're fired after two weeks, it looks like the person hiring you hosed up, if you're fired after 12 months, it looks like you hosed up.

Jygallax
Oct 17, 2011

Every human being deserves respect. Even if if they are a little different.

mango sentinel posted:

This guy is an rear end in a top hat egomaniac so he'll fit right in until Trump thinks he's having to share the spotlight.

Not to derail but how so? I've started to get into their music a little lately.

Uncleanly Cleric
Oct 17, 2005

Jygallax posted:

Not to derail but how so? I've started to get into their music a little lately.

He’s an idiot rear end in a top hat that’s trying to screw the first generation of ghouls out of songwriting credits and money.

I haven’t heard anything from Tobias that makes me think turbo-racist maga dipshit, but given that we live in a five minute news cycle, who knows?

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Giggy posted:

I know part of Russia's 'plan' was to undermine American's faith in their democracy, institutions, etc. But it really seems like their leaders have no clue how the government works and genuinely thought Trump could strong arm everything.

e: You would think after 70+ years of hostility there would be a general understanding.

They may be legit pissed, but this does fit perfectly well in the undermining-American-democracy bit. They're encouraging Trump to feel humiliated by congress and further antagonize them in hopes it will whip up segments of the population in turn. Basically spreading the notion that the US government's checks and balances are a bad thing that should be curtailed.

If there's been a consistent message in all of Trump's political career starting from his campaign, it's that the American system of government and its purported values are terrible and power should be consolidates to a central authority (in this case Trump). The Republicans are not fair, the democrats are crooked, the election is rigged, the media is the enemy, congress is lame, the military is dumb, the intelligence community is incompetent and untrustworthy, POWs are losers, I doubt any aspect of the American government or generally western democracy and liberalism will escape the treatment by the end of his term. Even the implied message of his campaign slogan was "America sucks".

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

lizardman posted:

They may be legit pissed, but this does fit perfectly well in the undermining-American-democracy bit. They're encouraging Trump to feel humiliated by congress and further antagonize them in hopes it will whip up segments of the population in turn. Basically spreading the notion that the US government's checks and balances are a bad thing that should be curtailed.

If there's been a consistent message in all of Trump's political career starting from his campaign, it's that the American system of government and its purported values are terrible and power should be consolidates to a central authority (in this case Trump). The Republicans are not fair, the democrats are crooked, the election is rigged, the media is the enemy, congress is lame, the military is dumb, the intelligence community is incompetent and untrustworthy, POWs are losers, I doubt any aspect of the American government or generally western democracy and liberalism will escape the treatment by the end of his term. Even the implied message of his campaign slogan was "America sucks".

Basically, what this dude said.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

EngineerJoe posted:

Zuckerberg is going to win the democratic primary and lose to trump in 2020

He's going to do what the GOP feared Trump would do, which is lose the primary, run as an indie and lose the election for the party whose nominee he wanted to be. He's exactly the type of person to be so high on his own supply to think he can run as a third party candidate and win. The mere fact that he's planning a bid signals it. If he was serious about going into politics he'd look into lower level runs instead. It's the Ralph Nader syndrome of deciding that everything revolves around the Presidency and the presidential election, which amounts to getting a couple of points in the election to tilt it this way or that and then going radio silent for the next 3½ years.

Edit: "But Trump had no experience and won!"

Yes, but you are not going to out-Trump Trump.

Of course the bigger problem is that he represents all the things that are horrible about the Democratic party right now.

Sulphagnist fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Aug 3, 2017

Jygallax
Oct 17, 2011

Every human being deserves respect. Even if if they are a little different.

Uncleanly Cleric posted:

He’s an idiot rear end in a top hat that’s trying to screw the first generation of ghouls out of songwriting credits and money.

I haven’t heard anything from Tobias that makes me think turbo-racist maga dipshit, but given that we live in a five minute news cycle, who knows?

Ah ok so normal music industry assholery so far I guess

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Covok posted:

Ah, you are out of the loop. See, first off, watch the video if you got the time because it will explain a lot, including how "alpha" means nothing and its origin was rescinded. Secondly, Pick-UP Artists have been calling themselves "Alpha Males" for years and try to convince people that being a douchebag who practically rapes people (or literally does, according to the books they write) is how to get women.
I saw it, just thought it was silly. To get women all you need to do is be pretty.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

A big flaming stink posted:

dude the catholic church donates north of 4 billion a year to charity. that gold is a pittance by comparison. besides, dude was a loving jesuit, they are all about the vow of poverty and simple adornments, as francis has done.

You can gently caress right off with this, mate.

The Church, in my tiny country alone, owes the State €1.4bn in restitution payments to sexual abuse victims, which it refuses to pay. Oh, and that money has nothing to do with the thousands of women who were kept as literal slaves for the crime of becoming pregnant or being born with learning difficulties. Or the septic tanks full of hundreds of little kid skeletons that have been uncovered, blameless little kids left to die and then interred in a big tank full of poo poo.

Oh yeah and the cool new Pope is right now sheltering one of Australia's top clerics from facing justice for loving kids. And was actively involved in shuttling rapist priests between dioceses to avoid prosecution, just like Ratzinger.

Seriously, gently caress you.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Teddybear posted:

Democrats should not have voted for the bill which shitcanned one of the few truly good diplomatic achievements of the last Democratic President.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Teddybear posted:

Well, it's a bad bill all around. Why the gently caress did they vote for it?

• Locked thread