Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
You're all just mocking me now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

That DICK! posted:

Listen to Cum Town

Already do, friendo.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

An 8 hour podcast a few times a year is not remotely the same thing as weekly 3+ hour podcasts (never mind how much audio Dave puts out in a week). Not that I really mind them, but they're not comparable.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Andy Dufresne posted:

I love how Dave casually slips in that he was talking old Hogan matches with a guy at the post office

I took it that 25 years ago a postal worker told him his rating sucked, it made him go back and rewatch the match and he remembers it to this day.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Yeah I think the story was from when Warrior came back to the WWF in 96

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

wtf else would you talk to Dave about? The weather? Of course people that know him are gonna wanna talk wrestling with him.

Also that post office worker probably read observers before delivering them. pretty common.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I'm glad John Cena got that movie role so now I can hear Bryan and Dave say 'Bumblebee' 8 times a day

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

wtf else would you talk to Dave about? The weather? Of course people that know him are gonna wanna talk wrestling with him.

Also that post office worker probably read observers before delivering them. pretty common.

Roller derby

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Andy Dufresne posted:

I love how Dave casually slips in that he was talking old Hogan matches with a guy at the post office

I took that anecdote to mean he was talking at the post office around the time it happened

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

MassRafTer posted:

I took it that 25 years ago a postal worker told him his rating sucked, it made him go back and rewatch the match and he remembers it to this day.

mkay0 posted:

I took that anecdote to mean he was talking at the post office around the time it happened

These scenarios are honestly just as funny to me... I'm not even making fun of Dave, I just can't see that happening to anyone else

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

How good a heel JR Ewing was.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

How good a heel JR Ewing was.

I'd love an hour long show of Dave breaking down classic TV in wrestling Heel/Face terms actually

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr7YipwRmHM

This might be my favorite one yet.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sunset flip my rear end. this is an incredulous statement as well as a separate command. big dog eats

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'd love an hour long show of Dave breaking down classic TV in wrestling Heel/Face terms actually

I would also be down for this. Also Dave explaining politics in Heel/Face terms and making references/comparisons to the territory era.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
As someone who is allowed to listen to music/podcasts at work for 8-10 hours a day depending on workload (creeping closer to 10 more and more lately), I appreciate podcasts of all length (the longer the better) as long as they're good.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Jerusalem posted:

I would also be down for this. Also Dave explaining politics in Heel/Face terms and making references/comparisons to the territory era.

So who would Toots Mondt, well known crookedest motherfucker in the world be?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'd prefer shorter podcasts on a wider range of topics. There's very few things I want to hear 3+ hours on, but shorter pods about less-covered aspects of wrestling would be cool. I'm liking VOW's wrestling music podcast a lot, and the Fully Poseable post about wrestling toys lately because they're a break from the same wrestlers making the rounds to JR/Austin/Jericho/etc and then eventually getting their own pods.

Give me a pod about putting promo packages together, or programming the Titantron, designing merch and gear, or doing pyro. Hell I'd way rather someone talk for an hour about catering for wrestlers than another three hours about the Screwjob or the Invasion (complete with your totally sweet fantasy booking ideas).

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Most longer pods are just people jerking each other off over inside jokes and trying super hard to be funny. The lapsed fan is the worst offender in this regard.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Most longer pods are just people jerking each other off over inside jokes and trying super hard to be funny. The lapsed fan is the worst offender in this regard.

pisscast is back

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'd prefer shorter podcasts on a wider range of topics. There's very few things I want to hear 3+ hours on, but shorter pods about less-covered aspects of wrestling would be cool. I'm liking VOW's wrestling music podcast a lot, and the Fully Poseable post about wrestling toys lately because they're a break from the same wrestlers making the rounds to JR/Austin/Jericho/etc and then eventually getting their own pods.

Give me a pod about putting promo packages together, or programming the Titantron, designing merch and gear, or doing pyro. Hell I'd way rather someone talk for an hour about catering for wrestlers than another three hours about the Screwjob or the Invasion (complete with your totally sweet fantasy booking ideas).

I was really hoping Colt's shortform podcast he did for that one network was a bit more fleshed out.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

pisscast is back

:swoon:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Bard Maddox posted:

pisscast is back

Don't toy with my emotions like this

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yeah. I'd tuned into the Lapsed Fan a couple of months ago thanks to the thread. By the late teens it started to wear on me and by twenty or so I've just stopped entirely.

I really and truly don't need to - ever again from any podcast - hear a Vince McMahon impression that then turns into a skit that goes on 5 - 10 minutes after it stops being funny. The Place to Be's Vintage Vaults were a fun listen until McMahon skits turned into 20+ minute serialized fanfiction.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Nia Jax was on Talk is Jericho and explained that she changed her original ring name because Triple H hates the name Zeda.

Welp

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

I now want a podcast just about wrestling costumes. Lovely wrestling costumes. And sometimes not so lovely wrestling costumes.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Nia Jax was on Talk is Jericho and explained that she changed her original ring name because Triple H hates the name Zeda.

Welp

Nia's was Zada maybe he just really hated that spelling

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Welp

when did natty become chinese

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

CoolCat posted:

I now want a podcast just about wrestling costumes. Lovely wrestling costumes. And sometimes not so lovely wrestling costumes.

Me too! Who could possibly care about a literal Sean Mooney cast when you could get Sandra from Total Divas to give advice about life and keeping your hoo-ha in your booty shorts

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The Edge and Christian podcast is interesting in how much Christian goes out of his way to avoid saying anything even remotely critical about WWE, but Edge by contrast doesn't seem to give a gently caress and can't stop from laughing at some of Christians defences.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skinty McEdger posted:

The Edge and Christian podcast is interesting in how much Christian goes out of his way to avoid saying anything even remotely critical about WWE, but Edge by contrast doesn't seem to give a gently caress and can't stop from laughing at some of Christians defences.

Christian has PTSD from his stint in TNA. Edge, on the other hand, is almost a real actor, and had a regular role on a cable sci-fi drama.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Skinty McEdger posted:

Edge ages ago appeared on a Talk Is Jericho and threw made shade towards Triple H for cutting him off at the knees.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Richmond, Virginia :china:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Is there any reason at all to listen to JRs podcast with Sunny

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Probably not. I've only listened to one or two podcasts with JR with a female guest but he came off as a creep each time.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

CoolCat posted:

I wonder if Mikaze can talk?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

CoolCat posted:

Nobody Watches Wrestling literally did that with NJPW

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Big Dave gave Elgin/Omega and Ibushi/Tanahashi 4 and 3/4 stars which means this G1 has to have the highest amount of 4 and 1/2 star or higher rated matches for a heavyweight tournament right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

mariooncrack posted:

Probably not. I've only listened to one or two podcasts with JR with a female guest but he came off as a creep each time.

https://twitter.com/JRsBBQ/status/892758657917743104

• Locked thread