Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

So who is the Secret Nazi in this scenario?

Cio?
Here's where I realize this is the wrong tab I posted in, whoops.

And really, it's Alison. Consorting with someone of immense eldritch power and probably going to betray the team and gently caress everything up.

KaosMachina fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jul 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

So, this is only very tangentially related to K6BD, but over in TG's Game Room, i'm trying to start up a discord game of Exalted. For the uninitiated, Exalted is a pen and paper game about playing the returned heroes of the sun, reclaim your right as kings of all creation, beat up gods that get in your way and do a shitton of kung fu and awesome heroics and binding spirits and demons and various other wierd fantasy poo poo. While the setting is very different from K6BD, as you can probably hear, a lot of the themes and aesthetics are fairly similar, though the power scale and poo poo is a bit different. Exalted's not the most welcoming game to new players, but this game is explicitly welcoming to new players and set up to help new players get into the game. The game is only going to be about 5-10 sessions long, and will take place during the wierdest part of the setting's calender for maximum cool poo poo and kung fu. So far one person has already apped an aunty maya type character. Any way, i thought some of you might be interested in it, and just in case i'm right, here's the link:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3827407

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Magnusth posted:

So, this is only very tangentially related to K6BD, but over in TG's Game Room, i'm trying to start up a discord game of Exalted. For the uninitiated, Exalted is a pen and paper game about playing the returned heroes of the sun, reclaim your right as kings of all creation, beat up gods that get in your way and do a shitton of kung fu and awesome heroics and binding spirits and demons and various other wierd fantasy poo poo. While the setting is very different from K6BD, as you can probably hear, a lot of the themes and aesthetics are fairly similar, though the power scale and poo poo is a bit different. Exalted's not the most welcoming game to new players, but this game is explicitly welcoming to new players and set up to help new players get into the game. The game is only going to be about 5-10 sessions long, and will take place during the wierdest part of the setting's calender for maximum cool poo poo and kung fu. So far one person has already apped an aunty maya type character. Any way, i thought some of you might be interested in it, and just in case i'm right, here's the link:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3827407

I can't commit to any live games, but if you ever start a PbP hit me up. I've always wanted to try Exalted.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Who What Now posted:

I can't commit to any live games, but if you ever start a PbP hit me up. I've always wanted to try Exalted.

So, it turns out that quite a few people feel like this, so i'm doing basicly the same game, but as a pbp.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3828509

We'll go for max wuxia and plenty of strange wierdness.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

So while we're waiting for the update I've been going over the current arc in my head. Cio shows all the signs of relapsing but I think it's actually going to be Cio who ends up realising what's happening to Allison and pull her back. Allison has tasted the power of the goblin king and is aggressively heading towards Cio's demon state from when she stole the key.

Cio will save herself and Allison.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Demiurge4 posted:

So while we're waiting for the update I've been going over the current arc in my head. Cio shows all the signs of relapsing but I think it's actually going to be Cio who ends up realising what's happening to Allison and pull her back. Allison has tasted the power of the goblin king and is aggressively heading towards Cio's demon state from when she stole the key.

Cio will save herself and Allison.
I really don't feel like either of them are going to come out of this as morally clean as you suggest. The path her and Cio's character development seems to be on is really fascinating to me, and being able to simply step back some of their growth like so, for no real reason, is like the opposite of my takeaway of k6bd's themes.

(and spoiler) http://killsixbilliondemons.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/who.jpg

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Yre, aka Neo Tomb of Horrors

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

The loving blurb about the mimics being idiots.

I love this so much.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
M...
Maybe Mammon just has a huuuuge surplus of chairs?

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Aug 3, 2017

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
He probably does. Just not in that room.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

perfect

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
It's like a goddamned Dark Souls romhack

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

This comic owns so much.

Idiot mimics lol

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
It's not as bad as it looks- there has to be at least ONE of them that is actually a chair. Probably.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

:laffo:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Funny thing is that in SWTOR people will fill their strongholds with chairs just to get the boost the completion gives them

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

Even the onomatopoeia is mimics.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Re: the blurb

Jackard fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Aug 3, 2017

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Parzy de Peroxes was clearly a mimic disguised as a naysayer :tinfoil:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Archenteron posted:

It's like a goddamned Dark Souls romhack

Dinobutts as far as the eye can see

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

I'm not sure Tomb of Horrors has even one mimic. It fucks with players in other ways.

This? This is something much more ridiculous.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

At last, a place to sit and relax after all that unpleasantness with the mimics :)

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

So about that family of chair thieves...

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

*IndianaJonesishly*: Chairs. Why did it have to be chairs?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Mimic comedy aside, I'm liking the differences in wire-traversing ability here.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

What they need is a table so they'd have a nice dinette set.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Columns and statues not being mimics is some casual poo poo.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Fish Noise posted:

Mimic comedy aside, I'm liking the differences in wire-traversing ability here.

Yeah, I'm enjoying that Charon is on all fours walking across the top.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

OgreNoah posted:

Yeah, I'm enjoying that Charon is on all fours walking across the top.

coca cola standing right on top of the wire also

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lucky Felicia seems to be handling herself well too, which is appropriate really given the whole cat thing.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Bunch of idiot guards that get really angry when disturbed?

Allison better be careful. Mammon has also harnessed the power of the furious dumbass.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

ConfusedUs posted:

Allison better be careful. Mammon has also harnessed the power of the furious dumbass.

Zoss appears, yanks the key out of Allison's skull, and then plunges it into an armchair.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

how is each page of this comic always exactly the perfect thing goddamn

who do you think's going to win the inevitable chair-on-teacup war

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 4, 2017

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Teacups. Some chairs will imitate the teacups, then others will, and so on, until only teacups remain.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Pree Parzy de Peroxes posted:

These creatures, however, are rumored to have the devilish power to conceal themselves as furniture, or puddles of water, or even men.
And then someone starts pouring tea.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Roland Jones posted:

Teacups. Some chairs will imitate the teacups, then others will, and so on, until only teacups remain.

Teacups are so last chapter. We're all about the chairs now.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...

Paramemetic posted:

I'm not sure Tomb of Horrors has even one mimic. It fucks with players in other ways.

I don't remember if there's a mimic but it does have several creatures in that vein - there's a gelatinous cube masquerading as murky water in a tub, a set of animated wall decorations, and a mutant four-armed gargoyle that looks identical to a four-armed statue seen earlier in the dungeon.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Also tapestries that are in reality living molds, iirc.

Slashrat fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Aug 5, 2017

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
A tedious, oppresive adventure module disguised as a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Dartonus posted:

I don't remember if there's a mimic but it does have several creatures in that vein - there's a gelatinous cube masquerading as murky water in a tub, a set of animated wall decorations, and a mutant four-armed gargoyle that looks identical to a four-armed statue seen earlier in the dungeon.

Is that the one that has a bunch of zombies in plate armor designed to look like iron golems, or was that Rappun Athuk?