Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Pendent posted:

Out of curiosity, were the Stormtalons moving? If they were they'd have been hitting you on threes given that they don't have power of the machine spirit.

No for the first couple of turns he had everything in a big pile to benefit from sicarius who was also in cover, was why the orbital bombardment worked out.

dexefiend posted:

Are the Hunters any good?

Twin anti air cannons seem good to me. Is it just that it would get blasted off the board if you didnt go first?

The latter I think. My contemptor only survived like 7 lascannon shots before going down because of atomantic shielding, more and more I doubt ill ever actually field a redemptor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Honestly if id had a unit of reivers instead of a unit of inceptors and got into his big marine pile it probably would have gone very differently.

Finishing off 2 of the tactical squads would have forced a draw if nothing else (we were playing the first konor mission).

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Hell yeah, turned in my first campaign results today. It feels good to play but it feels awesome to completely crush the other dude.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Super late to the party on this but the 40k badcast owns bones

Also does anygoon know when more codex release dates are getting announced? Hanging out for orks and crons in particular

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

DumbparameciuM posted:

Also does anygoon know when more codex release dates are getting announced? Hanging out for orks and crons in particular
All we know so far are the first four: Space Marine, Chaos Marines, Grey Knights, and Death Guard. Space Marines are out, Chaos Marines and Grey Knights go up for pre-order this weekend, and Death Guard will probably follow in a couple of weeks. Beyond that, it's a mystery though I'm sure there'll be some hints posted on the community site before too long.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

PantsOptional posted:

Quick check: if I'm using Codex SM and we're playing with PL, I don't pay any cost for a Relic, do I?

Nope. Taking a Relic doesn't cost points or increase your power rating. It's just a "free" upgrade of whatever piece of equipment it says it's upgrading. Now, if you take 2-3 relics, that'll cost you some command points, but the first one is free in every sense.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Safety Factor posted:

All we know so far are the first four: Space Marine, Chaos Marines, Grey Knights, and Death Guard. Space Marines are out, Chaos Marines and Grey Knights go up for pre-order this weekend, and Death Guard will probably follow in a couple of weeks. Beyond that, it's a mystery though I'm sure there'll be some hints posted on the community site before too long.

They've also hinted at Astra Militarum getting a release this year and I'd bet money we'll see Thousand Sons, Daemons, Space Wolves, Blood Angels, and Dark Angels before the year's out. That'd cover 8 out of the 10 they said are coming before Christmas.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

I finished my Nork Doombull finally.

Beginning... gently caress finecast.

Random bits to make a large enough autogun

Things didn't really fit the way I wanted

Cut the right arm up and re-positioned the bend at the elbow

The shield is for when I want him to be a Bone'ead Ogryn instead of Nork. Took a while to find a way to make a shield secure and also easily removable

Just finished painting this little poo poo, didn't have my good camera so iphone will have to do

With the shield

Magnets hold it on

Maybe I should put casings on the base or something?

OhDearGodNo fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Aug 3, 2017

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

dexefiend posted:

Are the Hunters any good?

Twin anti air cannons seem good to me. Is it just that it would get blasted off the board if you didnt go first?

Edit: i meant Stalkers with the guns, not Hunters with the missiles.

Stalkers seem pretty good to me, but hunters seem hilariously underpowered. 1 shot a turn just doesn't cut it.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Safety Factor posted:

From what I remember the GW blog hinted at AdMech after that.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

From what I remember the GW blog hinted at AdMech after that.

Don't. Don't play with my emotions like this.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Do death masks from different sources stack?

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Safety Factor posted:

TheChirurgeon posted:

They've also hinted at Astra Militarum getting a release this year and I'd bet money we'll see Thousand Sons, Daemons, Space Wolves, Blood Angels, and Dark Angels before the year's out. That'd cover 8 out of the 10 they said are coming before Christmas.

Fair enough. I'm guessing Necrons are going to be towards the end of the list which is a bit of a pain, but I'm having lots of fun with the scumbag combos in the Index already.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

OhDearGodNo posted:

I finished my Nork Doombull finally.

Beginning... gently caress finecast.

Random bits to make a large enough autogun

Things didn't really fit the way I wanted

Cut the right arm up and re-positioned the bend at the elbow

The shield is for when I want him to be a Bone'ead Ogryn instead of Nork. Took a while to find a way to make a shield secure and also easily removable

Just finished painting this little poo poo, didn't have my good camera so iphone will have to do

With the shield

Magnets hold it on

Maybe I should put casings on the base or something?

I agree casings. All your stuff is loving amazing by the way. I can't get enough of seeing it. The combination of innovation, old school idea and your execution just ticks every box for me. Thanks for sharing.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Zuul the Cat posted:

Don't. Don't play with my emotions like this.

It was the 7/22 Warhammer Community post! "...Soon you'll have your own tricks and ploys to play, and unique rules for your Traitor Legion, Astra Militarum Regiment, or Forge World of choice."

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/22/the-other-angels-of-death-and-codex-space-marines/

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone else feel like the sicaran venator is a bit overpowered? I just had a game where it knocked 12 wounds off a storm raven turn 1 and spent the next 3 turns 1-shotting a razorback every turn. My opponent didn't have much on the way of antitank, but it felt really powerful.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

It was the 7/22 Warhammer Community post! "...Soon you'll have your own tricks and ploys to play, and unique rules for your Traitor Legion, Astra Militarum Regiment, or Forge World of choice."

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/22/the-other-angels-of-death-and-codex-space-marines/

So that's foreshadowing Admech and Imperial Guard soon. I wouldn't be surprised if Chaos Demons was also coming, as well as Thousand Sons and probably at least one non-codex Marine.

I know my initial forecast was a lot of Xenos to represent each "main" faction, but it sounds like Year 1 is heavily dedicated towards pushing Imperium vs. Chaos. I think if any Xenos show up it'd be the Tau, especially if Chaos Tau happen.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Booley posted:

Does anyone else feel like the sicaran venator is a bit overpowered? I just had a game where it knocked 12 wounds off a storm raven turn 1 and spent the next 3 turns 1-shotting a razorback every turn. My opponent didn't have much on the way of antitank, but it felt really powerful.

I mean, it's strong but I wouldn't say it's overpowered. You're paying 305 points for essentially 5 lascannon shots (S12 vs S9 doesn't matter in practical terms vs heavy vehicles), a godhammer with 4 lascannons and a multimelta is 383 (and has more wounds, a better save, and transport capacity) and a quad lascannon predator is 190. The predator is super efficient at damage output, the sicaran is much more mobile and can debuff stuff with its main gun.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

The Bee posted:

So that's foreshadowing Admech and Imperial Guard soon. I wouldn't be surprised if Chaos Demons was also coming, as well as Thousand Sons and probably at least one non-codex Marine.

I know my initial forecast was a lot of Xenos to represent each "main" faction, but it sounds like Year 1 is heavily dedicated towards pushing Imperium vs. Chaos. I think if any Xenos show up it'd be the Tau, especially if Chaos Tau happen.

The black library previews for November sound like they'll cover the new rulebook blurb about Daemons showing up to stop Leviathan at Baal. That makes me think that we'll see BA and Chaos Daemon books around then as some of the last ones before Xmas.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

JackMack posted:

I agree casings. All your stuff is loving amazing by the way. I can't get enough of seeing it. The combination of innovation, old school idea and your execution just ticks every box for me. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks :hfive: it's something I've been wanting to do since 3rd and it's been a challenge, most of these sculpts are 20+ years old and it shows. I'll do the casings and maybe glue a few together to form a chain of falling brass from the ejection port- hopefully it won't look terrible.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

The Bee posted:

GW basically said in the promo stuff that they wanted to concentrate on Imperium versus Chaos and bring that conflict to the fore.

As if they didn't already have an entire other game designed based on that...

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

It seems that GW tries really hard to pretend that 30k doesn't exist.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

Floppychop posted:

It seems that GW tries really hard to pretend that 30k doesn't exist.

Yes, the two boxed 30K games, featuring plastic heresy kit, released in the run up to Xmas, with big splashes in white dwarf, and split out into normal box kits, and stocked in GW stores, usually alongside the 30K black library novels is definitely an attempt to hide it.

Imperium vs Chaos sells. Whatever the era.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Floppychop posted:

It seems that GW tries really hard to pretend that 30kxenos doesn't exist.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Zark the Damned posted:

As if they didn't already have an entire other game designed based on that...

I am excited for all the young bucks out there today with their snap together primaris Marines and wacky Plague Marines to reach a certain age. As they begin raising a family, that slide into button colors and period appropriate uniforms will inevitably begin. Then they will find the purest hobby calling.

Future Space Historicals

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Floppychop posted:

It seems that GW tries really hard to pretend that 30k Xenos Heterosexuals doesn't exist.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Sounds like we have another month or so before AdMech drops. I certainly hope that's the case!

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

World Eaters are up.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/03/legion-focus-world-eaters-aug-3gw-homepage-post-2/

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

World Eaters are gonna be so loving strong. 3CP is a lot to pay for a unit to fight again but on Berserkers it can be absolutely loving brutal.

Also that Warlord Trait owns

Also the Relic owns

Holy poo poo World Eaters own

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks a lot like a World Eaters Khorne Berzerkers unit could activate four times on a charge if you use the stratagem?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

PantsOptional posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks a lot like a World Eaters Khorne Berzerkers unit could activate four times on a charge if you use the stratagem?

No they just get an extra attack on a charge. They don't get to fight again, that would be too strong.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

PantsOptional posted:

It shouldn't. The wording is "This unit can fight twice in each fight phase, instead of only once," not "When this unit fights, it fights twice"

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

No they just get an extra attack on a charge. They don't get to fight again, that would be too strong.

Where does it say that?

E: I think I was misunderstanding the original question, my bad.

Pendent fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Aug 3, 2017

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

That's what I get for quick skimming. Still, it looks like you could get three activations (two for Blood for the Blood God, one for the Stratagem) with +1A per model on a charge which isn't shabby at all.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Haha they gave Kharn the 30k version of the Butcher's Nails, that's rad.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Also the Relic owns

What's the relic? I'm looking in the article but I must be missing it..

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

TheChirurgeon posted:

It shouldn't. The wording is "This unit can fight twice in each fight phase, instead of only once," not "When this unit fights, it fights twice"

I'd say you can do three times, but what isn't going to be dead after the second? You still can't attack units you consolidate into in a charge.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

DO IT TO IT posted:

What's the relic? I'm looking in the article but I must be missing it..

The collar of Bhorghaster
https://17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/40kLegionFocus_WorldEaters_Image7kzx.jpg

Basically lets you Deny the Witch, but if you get a successful denial, the psyker auto-perilses

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I'd say you can do three times, but what isn't going to be dead after the second? You still can't attack units you consolidate into in a charge.

It's pretty clearly just going to give you one extra fight. I'd have to see the wording on Consolidating to verify not being able to fight them, though.

Also you're right on killing most things in a double-fight, but sometimes you charge lots of units or need to close things out against a big target. Or you need to get some extra hits in with your non-Berserker fightmans with heavier weapons, I guess.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

TheChirurgeon posted:

It's pretty clearly just going to give you one extra fight. I'd have to see the wording on Consolidating to verify not being able to fight them, though.

On the turn you charge you can only allocate attacks against a unit that you charged this turn. You can consolidate into other units, but can't hit them because you didn't charge them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Fortunately multicharging is a lot simpler these days than it used to be