Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Ancelm posted:

After re-reading the first page, it seems I've glossed over that. Awesome! Do you get any benefits when somebody uses your referral code? If PM me yours, I could just use yours for alerting me of the free character transfer, assuming you still play SWTOR.

Mines in the OP. :). There's benefits to clicking, honestly you and your friend can click each other's and you'll both get a few free cartel coins assuming you're subscribers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ancelm
Apr 10, 2016

You'll never take me alive, copper!

Medullah posted:

Mines in the OP. :). There's benefits to clicking, honestly you and your friend can click each other's and you'll both get a few free cartel coins assuming you're subscribers.

Oh durr, you're the OP. I really need to start reading the first page of posts more. Anyway, thanks! Who doesn't like free currency?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Medullah posted:

RANDOM.ORG SHALL BE EXECUTED FOR TREASON AS IT DID NOT PLACE GLORIOUS LEADER IN 1ST PLACE.

Airspace, M_Sinistari, Ossipago, Darfuri War Orphan, Preechr, pick your poo poo. Ideally post the top 3 items you want if someone ahead of you didn't post already.

Deadline to pick your poo poo is next Friday - 8/4. If you aren't able to log in let me know and I'll post some of the treasures in our Glorious Vault.

Preechr I mailed your Hutt Cantina Skiff to Cesp'ree'chralt
Airspace is browsing for his choice so once he decides I'll sort out the rest.

Also Non-Entity gave us more gifts so I'm thinking PVP DUELING CONTEST!!!!!!!!!!

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.
Yes, enjoy.

I will try and find more fun things to give out.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

nonentity posted:

Yes, enjoy.

I moved a bunch of the bronze/silver/not rare things to the "Cartel Items" tab - people can grab 1 or 2 of the things in that tab if they want.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I've been solo-pubbing PVP lately to get enough valor to cover my stronghold in Imperial flags.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nonentity posted:

Yes, enjoy.

You're pretty

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Eagerly awaiting being able to participate in my first contest :D

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Currencies to be legacy based at some point in the future: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9373053#edit9373053

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Ossipago posted:

Currencies to be legacy based at some point in the future: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9373053#edit9373053

I look forward to when I don't have to play mail around with credits when I want to buy something pricey on the AH.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
I wonder how it would work for f2p. When I don't have an active sub I still have a legion of alts at the 350k credit cap and buy items as needed and mail to my main. If this is going to be a shared wallet then they really need to raise the cap (which they should have done a long time ago anyway due to all the inflation of the last few years).

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Whoo boy Chapter X in Master Mode is no joke.

I'd go so far as to say the Overwatch Hunter fight is impossible without a 60s CC. Both my 248 Immortal Jugg and 248 Sorc got completely chumped...managed to finally finish it with reflect cheese on my Merc.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

Also Non-Entity gave us more gifts so I'm thinking PVP DUELING CONTEST!!!!!!!!!!

I've been away all weekend but I agree, only it should be naked dueling. With the dancers.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Just starting playing again after over a year and I have 7k cartel coins. What is good to buy?

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Rad Valtar posted:

Just starting playing again after over a year and I have 7k cartel coins. What is good to buy?

:catdrugs:

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Rad Valtar posted:

Buy every QOL unlock you don't already have.

The Tulak Hord armor is available for direct sale for one more day. GTN Price have dropped because of it, but if you buy it and sit on the set for a few months it should be worth a ton--assuming you ever need credits.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

RANDOM.ORG SHALL BE EXECUTED FOR TREASON AS IT DID NOT PLACE GLORIOUS LEADER IN 1ST PLACE.

Airspace, M_Sinistari, Ossipago, Darfuri War Orphan, Preechr, pick your poo poo. Ideally post the top 3 items you want if someone ahead of you didn't post already.

Deadline to pick your poo poo is next Friday - 8/4. If you aren't able to log in let me know and I'll post some of the treasures in our Glorious Vault.

Unrelenting Terror BP sent to Airspace as desired. :shrug:

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Aleth posted:

If you want true madness, I was tempted to grab the Hutt Cartel shirt thingy for a while.

I mean, I only stopped because it was pretty cheap on the AH but still.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aleth posted:

Mailed Volatile Tuning to M_Sinistari, you get to guess which character because you didn't post a character name, and same with Ossipago and your Rakghoul tuning.

(Hint, I went by last played)

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Thanks bro!

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Medullah posted:

Mailed Volatile Tuning to M_Sinistari, you get to guess which character because you didn't post a character name, and same with Ossipago and your Rakghoul tuning.

(Hint, I went by last played)

Ahdiia's fine if we have to pick someone specific. It's easier to just consider her my default for any mailings and I can legacy bank around if need be, but any of my roster's fine.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Finally got the Gamorrean. It took about 10 million credits. By the time I won that thing, I had piled up over 150 golden certificates and 7 speeders. And I caught up on some good podcasts...

Darfuri War Orphan
Feb 28, 2006

My, Earth really is full of things!

Medullah posted:

Oh, snap! Work caught up a bit and almost missed this deadline. Lemme see. Top three pics...

1. Black and Black Dye Module
2. Sign of Havoc Flair
3. Laser Tuning

Thanks so much for the golden opportunity to post my toon being a dumbass!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Finally got the Gamorrean. It took about 10 million credits. By the time I won that thing, I had piled up over 150 golden certificates and 7 speeders. And I caught up on some good podcasts...

I lucked out this year, 3 Guards, 5 speeders, probably 5 million spent.

M_Sinistrari posted:

Ahdiia's fine if we have to pick someone specific. It's easier to just consider her my default for any mailings and I can legacy bank around if need be, but any of my roster's fine.

Oh it's already sent!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Darfuri War Orphan posted:

Oh, snap! Work caught up a bit and almost missed this deadline. Lemme see. Top three pics...

1. Black and Black Dye Module
2. Sign of Havoc Flair
3. Laser Tuning

Thanks so much for the golden opportunity to post my toon being a dumbass!

drat didn't even realize there was a black/black dye. A winner is you! What's your character name?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I noticed that had been added last night actually, forgot to check who had donated it but it wasn't there originally when the contest ended I don't think.

Darfuri War Orphan
Feb 28, 2006

My, Earth really is full of things!

Medullah posted:

drat didn't even realize there was a black/black dye. A winner is you! What's your character name?

His mama back on Korriban named him Chupas.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Hunter is honestly one of the creepiest characters in any game I've ever played.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Changes in unassembled components in warzones -

Hey Folks,
As we have mentioned a few times over the past couple of weeks, we are planning some Unassembled Component changes in GU 5.4. This thread is to outline the exact changes you can expect. We had a few goals we wanted to focus on:
* Increase the overall Components a character can get each week via Missions.
* Increase incentive for Ranked Warzones to increase participation and to ensure it is being properly rewarded compared to unranked.

* Shift some of the rewards from the Daily Missions into Weekly Missions so it is less punishing if you miss a day.

With that in mind, here are the specifics!

Unranked - Overall, Component rewards earned per week unchanged.
* Daily Mission: Now rewards 10 Components, down from 12.
* Weekly Mission: Now rewards 54 Components, up from 40.

Ranked - Large changes were made here to really amp up the value of Ranked Missions.
* Solo Daily: Now rewards 15 Components, down from 16.
* Solo Weekly: Now rewards 100 Components, up from 30.
* Group Daily: Now rewards 30 Components, up from 20.
* Group Weekly: Now rewards 200 Components, up from 60.

It is worth noting that the Command XP values of almost all of these Missions have also been buffed. The same is true of the Ranked Season Tokens that you earn from the Ranked Missions. Those are the Mission changes you can expect for Ranked and Unranked coming in 5.4. Thanks everyone.

So big changes for Ranked, but uhhh unranked pretty much stays the same. Play 6 or 7 days and you get the exact same amount as you did before, play 5 or less it's a slight improvement.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
For gently caress's sake all this is going to do is encourage wintrading and throwing which are already a problem.

Also nobody seriously queuing Ranked is in need of gear. Step into a Ranked match with less than full-248 and you're a dead man.

REWARDS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM IN RANKED, it's class balance, hackers/troll/et al, and overall population making the Elo rating system worthless.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

For gently caress's sake all this is going to do is encourage wintrading and throwing which are already a problem.

Also nobody seriously queuing Ranked is in need of gear. Step into a Ranked match with less than full-248 and you're a dead man.

REWARDS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM IN RANKED, it's class balance, hackers/troll/et al, and overall population making the Elo rating system worthless.

I fully expected a reply from you. :)

It's a double edged sword, here new people are encouraged to get into ranked, but on the downside, new people are encouraged to get into ranked.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

I fully expected a reply from you. :)

It's a double edged sword, here new people are encouraged to get into ranked, but on the downside, new people are encouraged to get into ranked.

If UC's were Legacy then this change would make some sense. Right now it smacks of "we want to increase participation in Ranked what is literally the easiest thing we can do towards this goal."

Getting carried in Ranked is not going to happen. The community is small and once you're marked as easy target your groupmates are going to abandon you and your enemies are going focus you every time. Sorry to go off but what exactly does BW expect to happen here? People to sincerely keep plugging away once they've been destroyed a few times? No baddies and PvE'rs who don't care about Ranking are going to roll their face across the keyboard a few times and claim they tried when Ranked players start reporting them for throwing matches. Nobody wins in that scenario.

I believe in the trickle effect...increase participation in unranked and participation in Ranked will increase as a natural byproduct.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Started playing recently (got my first character past act 3 yesterday) and I read up a bit about the PvP of this game, just wanted to say I have no desire play Warzone, I have no desire to grind for Warzone to be 'okay' at Warzone, and I have no desire to put with the overall star community that makes up Warzone. Everything about it just sounds to be unfun as unfun can be.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Whorelord posted:

Hunter is honestly one of the creepiest characters in any game I've ever played.

I want to say there was someone else in the game creepier, but I can't think of one.

Hunter is pretty high up there, though.

EDIT: Also, hello new Stupid Newbie avatar.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Back Hack posted:

Started playing recently (got my first character past act 3 yesterday) and I read up a bit about the PvP of this game, just wanted to say I have no desire play Warzone, I have no desire to grind for Warzone to be 'okay' at Warzone, and I have no desire to put with the overall star community that makes up Warzone. Everything about it just sounds to be unfun as unfun can be.

For what its worth as an also new player I really enjoy Warzone, it's fairly balanced thanks to boosts. Fairly easy to hold your own.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Airspace posted:

I want to say there was someone else in the game creepier, but I can't think of one.

Male Jedi consular hitting on his young padawan.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Airspace posted:

Stupid Newbies is what people who don't pick an avatar get. :D

Aleth posted:

Male Jedi consular hitting on his young padawan any female companion.

Clarified that a bit for you.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Airspace posted:

Vette's shock collar.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

skadge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Skadge is just trying to make Space-America Great Again.

• Locked thread