Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

a new study bible! posted:

Getting into a morality pissing contest over football players is stupid, but here's a picture of Zeke sexually assaulting a woman.

Speaking of assault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvXNjfXbUaQ

I am sure these are fun until there are things in the snowballs or no longer snowballs.

I am sure all fans are equally poo poo and eagles fans aren't especially poo poo. gently caress those guys who buying tickets to such a poo poo stadium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Sickening posted:

Speaking of assault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvXNjfXbUaQ

I am sure these are fun until there are things in the snowballs or no longer snowballs.

I am sure all fans are equally poo poo and eagles fans aren't especially poo poo. gently caress those guys who buying tickets to such a poo poo stadium.

Pictured: The bruises those snowballs left

a new study bible! fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Aug 3, 2017

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Every team has their share of poo poo-heels and bad guys, but the Cowboys have made it a point to court those types of players over the past few years. Also, lol at trying to equate fans throwing snowballs to beating your girlfriend.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Didn't they throw battery filled snowballs at santa?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Mr. Nice! posted:

Doug Pederson said that he had batteries thrown at him when he was playing QB for Philly. IDK about snowballs though. That was back in the 90s anyway. You'd probably have to pack the battery into the snow pretty tightly if you wanted it to travel all the way down to the field.

Alternatively, if you wanted to get a bunch of batteries on the field you could just pack them in Cowboys jerseys.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Cowboys fan facing death penalty for double murder shows up to sentencing in Tony Romo jersey

Fans encouraged man to shoot victim after Cowboys game

I've heard that cowboys fans sometimes throw batteries at you before they murder you.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cowboys fan should be in the DSM-5

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

All NFL fans are sociopaths to some degree. We actively cheer as young men destroy their body and minds just so we can talk poo poo on the train or WE.

I would like to run a tournament to determine the worst player in the NFL, starting with determining the worst player on every team. I know there are some Sandy Hook Truthers in the NFL.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Serious talk: I'm thinking of giving up football because fandom of the brain issue

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

I'll keep my season tickets even when the NFL goes flag football.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

euphronius posted:

Serious talk: I'm thinking of giving up football because fandom of the brain issue

same, actually

already determined that my son will never play tackle football

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Eagles fans threw batteries at Santa or something. Whereas a Dallas Cowboy wouldn't even know the meaning of the word battery*.

*Unless paired with the word "assault."

Seriously though where did all these Eagles fans get the batteries from, was it free battery day?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I was at the snowball game. While I was not in a section with access to snow, I can't even begin to describe how loving hilarious it was at the time. Throwing snowballs is fun! Who doesn't like throwing snowballs?!! Little did we know at the time that they rest of the nation was sitting around like a bunch of prudes saying "throwing snowballs? No, I don't approve of that at all."

edit: for clarity I wasn't at that 49ers games, I was at this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ_ZM7BhPmU

FuriousxGeorge posted:

He's been climbing up (and briefly down) the front office for seventeen years and has skated on really taking blame for any of the disasters that have occurred in that time. I don't buy it, personally.

While I respect you immensely because of your Buddy Ryan avatar, I disagree with your opinions a lot. I am aware of the popular characterization of Howie Roseman as some kind of Machiavellian manipulator leaving a trail of fired "Football Guys" in his wake as he weasels himself ever closer to Jeffrey Luries' bosom despite his overwhelming incompetence. But I think it's more likely that Howie Roseman has risen up through the organization and all those other guys got fired because he was right more often than they were.

I think you should consider changing your opinion on Roseman. First of all, it's a bad opinion most often expressed by the worst of fans, like the kind that call sports radio. But more importantly I think it creates a psychological barrier that prevents you from giving yourself fully to the Wentz.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 3, 2017

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

euphronius posted:

I'm a fan of the brain issue too. :hfive: #CTEHasDefeatedAll32Teams

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

TheChirurgeon posted:

already determined that my son will never play tackle football

You are a good dad!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Mr. Nice! posted:

The batteries and the snowballs were two separate things.

They threw batteries at a really drunk random from the stands who had to take the original guy they got dress up as Stanta's place. The guy apparently was acting like a total shithead and threw up down the costume.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Why does the category say Swag?

Why isn't it it's own custom Eagles category? Cause we rule this bitch.

18-1

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

The batteries and the snowballs were two separate things.

They threw batteries at a really drunk random from the stands who had to take the original guy they got dress up as Stanta's place. The guy apparently was acting like a total shithead and threw up down the costume.

I thought they threw batteries at JD Drew at a Phillies game for being a traitor

Also the Snowballs at Santa thing happened in the loving 60s and still gets brought up like it happened last week.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

axeil posted:

I thought they threw batteries at JD Drew at a Phillies game for being a traitor

Also the Snowballs at Santa thing happened in the loving 60s and still gets brought up like it happened last week.

Correct on both points.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

While I respect you immensely because of your Buddy Ryan avatar, I disagree with your opinions a lot. I am aware of the popular characterization of Howie Roseman as some kind of Machiavellian manipulator leaving a trail of fired "Football Guys" in his wake as he weasels himself ever closer to Jeffrey Luries' bosom despite his overwhelming incompetence. But I think it's more likely that Howie Roseman has risen up through the organization and all those other guys got fired because he was right more often than they were.

I think you should consider changing your opinion on Roseman. First of all, it's a bad opinion most often expressed by the worst of fans, like the kind that call sports radio. But more importantly I think it creates a psychological barrier that prevents you from giving yourself fully to the Wentz.

The bottom line is the Eagles brought this on themselves by being cagey about the exact nature of the chain of command in the past while at the same time having some huge first round busts. The team hasn't won a playoff game since the 2008 season so it's not like there is some meteoric success to point to as a contrast. The team has yet to return to close to the success of the Reid/McNabb teams, even that last legs 2008 team. If he busts on Wentz, there is nobody left to blame and he I think we all agree he would have to go. Every other head has already rolled and it's 100% his team now. Anyway, as I mentioned earlier this is a ridiculous fantasy scenario because Wentz is in fact the greatest football player who will ever live.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Carson Wentz gets traded to Patriots for a first and a second after a bad season, continues Brady's reign of terror

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Carson Wentz gets traded to Patriots for a first and a second after a bad season, continues Brady's reign of terror

It will probably be a conditional 5th

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

axeil posted:

They're just the most memorable. It's not like Philly fans don't also regularly do other terrible poo poo

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheChirurgeon posted:

They're just the most memorable. It's not like all other fans don't also regularly do other terrible poo poo

Dont try single out one teams fan base because we all know how that will end up

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

CyberPingu posted:

Dont try single out one teams fan base because we all know how that will end up

Like the last two pages of posts?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheChirurgeon posted:

Like the last two pages of posts?

Exactly, dont really want to go down that again

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

CyberPingu posted:

Exactly, dont really want to go down that again

You act like the same two pages of posts haven't just been recurring in this thread for 6 months

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheChirurgeon posted:

You act like the same two pages of posts haven't just been recurring in this thread for 6 months

Yes but people want to hear about Wentz

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Sproles threw a TD pass off of a toss today, lol.

Also, Big V lined up as a 6th lineman and caught a TD pass in the redzone. Then the offensive line got into the formation of bowling pins, somebody threw the ball at them and they fell over. To practice the loosened TD celebration rules.

89 fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Aug 3, 2017

illezt
Mar 1, 2005

TheChirurgeon posted:

They're just the most memorable. It's not like Philly fans don't also regularly do other terrible poo poo

Didn't they throw empty prescription pill bottles at TO after he tried to overdose and commit suicide?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Yeah, but that's hilarious.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

At least they were empty !!!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

FuriousxGeorge posted:

The bottom line is the Eagles brought this on themselves by being cagey about the exact nature of the chain of command in the past while at the same time having some huge first round busts. The team hasn't won a playoff game since the 2008 season so it's not like there is some meteoric success to point to as a contrast. The team has yet to return to close to the success of the Reid/McNabb teams, even that last legs 2008 team. If he busts on Wentz, there is nobody left to blame and he I think we all agree he would have to go. Every other head has already rolled and it's 100% his team now. Anyway, as I mentioned earlier this is a ridiculous fantasy scenario because Wentz is in fact the greatest football player who will ever live.

A subsection of fans want a scapegoat, one guy they can blame every failed draft pick on. But the reality is draft decisions are made by committee. The Eagles have been pretty up front about that, but people just don't want to believe it.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

A subsection of fans want a scapegoat, one guy they can blame every failed draft pick on. But the reality is draft decisions are made by committee. The Eagles have been pretty up front about that, but people just don't want to believe it.

Yeah, and the rest of the committee has turned over already. Meanwhile, we are looking at almost certainly another total first round bust in Agholor.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

CyberPingu posted:

Yes but people want to hear about Wentz

Wentz is the perfect combination of size, athleticism, intelligence, leadership and the type of relentless motivation that can only come from being a religious lunatic.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nelson has been balling out in camp

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

euphronius posted:

Nelson has been balling out in camp

He's being hyped up in camp this year instead of some random UDFA. I've seen the guy play real NFL games.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

FuriousxGeorge posted:

He's being hyped up in camp this year instead of some random UDFA. I've seen the guy play real NFL games.

We all have. The hope is he can at least retain some value so when we get rid of him it's not for a conditional 6th. And it's not as though it's impossible for him to turn it around.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

FuriousxGeorge posted:

They have Marcus Johnson for the random UDFA hype. But with that hair maybe they should consider moving him to CB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Yeah, and the rest of the committee has turned over already. Meanwhile, we are looking at almost certainly another total first round bust in Agholor.

I Believe In Nelson Agholar And His Stone Hands.

He just needed love to turn them into uh mud? lava? something that sticks real well?

• Locked thread