Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
here is the announcement btw: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/124174/content-update-hotfix-8-2-2017#latest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
That kit is nuts. Especially since Rebels are already amazing even without him. So long diversified meta!

BobTheDestroyer
Dec 21, 2011
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/124212/character-strategy-commander-luke-skywalker

His kit seems amazingly OP

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
FYI, if you start now, you can take Old Ben from 0 to 7* in about two weeks and change.

If you have 12,800 arena currency saved up and place top 200 daily, you can 7* one of ST Han or Leia in 16 days.

If you place higher, reduce the savings buffer accordingly. If you take first, you need 8,000 saved. If you need both, you're boned. Sorry.

After that, it's down to guild shop RNG for the farmboy. He has some hard nodes and a catnina, too, if you're ahead of schedule on Old Ben. I'd also put down money on a pack showing up for the 🐳 among us.

I'm pretty sure the event won't start until after R2 ends. Minimum 11 days. Also it'll last ten days. So you have 3 weeks.

Basically, if you have or are about to get 7* R2, and have one of Han or Leia, a cantina stockpile, and at least some amount of farmboy luke, you're in good shape for this one.

If not... good luck. :(

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

The lowest character I have is R2, who is 7-star but lvl 1. I take it I should be dropping everything I'm putting energy into right now to gear R2 up over the next couple of weeks then?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I have this entire event team 7* and gear 8+

That worked out nicely

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

I have all of them seven starred except for old ben. I have 11/80 shards to unlock him. I'm going to be dumping all of my cantina energy and crystals for two daily refreshes on him.

If that's not enough and I miss out on Luke I'm probably going to throw my hands up and be done with this game.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Canemacar posted:

I have all of them seven starred except for old ben. I have 11/80 shards to unlock him. I'm going to be dumping all of my cantina energy and crystals for two daily refreshes on him.

If that's not enough and I miss out on Luke I'm probably going to throw my hands up and be done with this game.

2/day will be tight if they drop the Luke event the same day R2 ends.

3 per day you should be comfortable.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

I just splurged on the 21 day Crystal pack, so between that and my arena rank, I should be ok for three cantina refreshes a day for the next 21 days.

Edit: I don't know if they have weighted the drop tables, but in two cantina refreshes I did today I got 8 old ben shards from each refresh. If that keeps up that would be great.

Canemacar fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Aug 3, 2017

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

CaptainPsyko posted:

FYI, if you start now, you can take Old Ben from 0 to 7* in about two weeks and change.

Wait, really? With just the two cantina challenges? Or does he pop up elsewhere from time to time?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

thrawn527 posted:

Wait, really? With just the two cantina challenges? Or does he pop up elsewhere from time to time?

It's 19-20 days at 2 refreshes/200 crystals per day.

15-16 days at 3 refreshes/300 crystals per day.

Make sure you're farming his cheap 8 energy node and not the high level one.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

CaptainPsyko posted:

It's 19-20 days at 2 refreshes/200 crystals per day.

15-16 days at 3 refreshes/300 crystals per day.

Make sure you're farming his cheap 8 energy node and not the high level one.

I am. And thanks, you just decided the next 3 weeks of my activities in this game.

Seriously through, thanks for giving me hope.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Man, new Luke looks like a game changer. Who should he replace in a Wiggs-R2-STHan-Lando squad? I'm assuming Lando.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MichiganCubbie posted:

Man, new Luke looks like a game changer. Who should he replace in a Wiggs-R2-STHan-Lando squad? I'm assuming Lando.

Yeah, that.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
I'm 10 shards off of 7*ing Vader for my 5th Empire char to get R2

I have not seen any vader shards in the ship shop or shard store since they changed the inventories around.

I'm getting paranoid now like they made vader shards a lot rarer or something.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

MichiganCubbie posted:

don't know, according to the announcement STHan, Leia, Old Ben, and Luke (farmboy) are all getting reworked. Farmboy Luke is getting a flash event that will likely reward shards for Luke, possibly others as well, so we may be in better shape than we currently think (but not likely). Flash even starts tomorrow btw.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
So after i started using my lowly Phoenix Squad for GW i noticed GW got easier to complete. I am assuming this was due to doing the first fight with a pretty crappy team. Now that my PS have gotten a lot stronger and are creeping up on the power level of my best team GW has gotten a whole lot more challenging. Should i stop leveling/gearing my PS, (who i use for the first 9-10 GW battles) and start powering up my main squad instead? (whom i use for battles 11 and 12) to prevent my PS making the end battles of GW too hard?

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

GW becomes attrition and you sometimes just end up tossing your Rebels, Empire, and Phoenix squad at a stubborn finale node with some dickhead's whale squad. Once I had a Palpatine lead second squad and Wiggs it all became so much less awful than me and my one squad.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
Crouching Rancor says 19 days to 7* Old Ben... I wonder if it will be ok.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

thrawn527 posted:

I am. And thanks, you just decided the next 3 weeks of my activities in this game.

Seriously through, thanks for giving me hope.

Rebellions are built on hope.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

...so did they just cancel the Yoda event? It's no longer on my list of upcoming events.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Hockles posted:

...so did they just cancel the Yoda event? It's no longer on my list of upcoming events.

Pushed back two weeks to make room for R2

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

TheAnomaly posted:

welp, you need a 7* R2, Farmboy Luke, STHan, Leia, and Old Ben to 7* commander Luke. LIkely the event will be tiered with star rating giving you and equal star rating, hopefully. My Luke will be ready... I don't know about my Old Ben though.

They can go gently caress themselves. Old Ben was cool for about 2 months over a year ago. There's no reason to 7 star him in the current game.

Somebody, somewhere, did crack the code, though.

Flash events were "Farmboy" Luke so you needed Jawa to help fight Tuskens.

The next part of his journey was the Death Star.

I guess this means be sure to get your resistance team to 7* before the next go-round with Luke.

Mister Blueberry posted:

Crouching Rancor says 19 days to 7* Old Ben... I wonder if it will be ok.

The math adds up if you can do 2 refreshes a day. I picked the worst time ever to run out of sim tickets...

tadashi fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Aug 3, 2017

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

tadashi posted:

The math adds up if you can do 2 refreshes a day. I picked the worst time ever to run out of sim tickets...

If you're ok with spending money, the 21 day pack of crystals can be very helpful in getting those refreshes.

Also, has anyone else been extremely lucky with Ben shard drops since the update? I got a shard on 8 out of 12 runs twice yesterday. I'm wondering if they tweaked the drop tables to help people out.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

If you're doing the Farmboy Luke event on the 6* setting for the first time and need a handThe whole thing is all about setting up your turn meter so Luke shoots first on stage 2 and 3. Pop the Raider in stage 1 with your secondary to open and it should set you up well.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

tadashi posted:

I guess this means be sure to get your resistance team to 7* before the next go-round with Luke.

Yeah, I've been slowly building up my Resistance and First Order teams in anticipation of Episode VIII putting out some characters that will need them.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

tadashi posted:

They can go gently caress themselves. Old Ben was cool for about 2 months over a year ago. There's no reason to 7 star him in the current game.

In mitigation of the BS, they are reworking all the old rebel characters involved. So Old Ben, Luke (Farmboy), Leia, and STHan are all getting an upgrade. They also mentioned updating Han Solo's abilities as well, so I guess raid Han is getting some kind of update but maybe it's just numbers or a Zeta on something.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
So drat, 7* R2 battle is kind hard. Dunno even if my 7* 8+ modded guys can cut it.

Running EP, Vader, Snow, Magma, RG (I have Tarkin at 7* but he's kinda weak it feels).

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

I think I managed to beat it by focusing Leia first since she's the biggest threat. Then R2 so doesn't burn your entire team to death. The rest aren't really dangerous, they are just annoying

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Kill Leia, Deathmark R2, turn on auto :smug:

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Canemacar posted:

Also, has anyone else been extremely lucky with Ben shard drops since the update? I got a shard on 8 out of 12 runs twice yesterday. I'm wondering if they tweaked the drop tables to help people out.

It certainly does seem like it; I got 40 OB pieces from my 100pt refreshes last night and today. Luckily I had mine at 5* for some reason so at this rate should be fine.

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.
drat those requirements. I'm trying to figure out if it's even viable for me to try to finalize the 7* team, I have STH and Leia at 7* but Ben, Luke and R2 only at 5* (with Ben being 3/85 and Luke 19/85). Problem with R2 is that I've only four Empire dudes at 7*, so I'd need to get either TFP (51/85) or Snowtrooper (32/85) to 7* during the next week... and with TFP being Cantina only, that'd gently caress up my Ben grind. And if I can't get it all together in time, then I'd rather work towards something more useful.

Goddamn it CG, why u gotta be like this! :sweatdrop:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ALLAN LASSUS posted:

drat those requirements. I'm trying to figure out if it's even viable for me to try to finalize the 7* team, I have STH and Leia at 7* but Ben, Luke and R2 only at 5* (with Ben being 3/85 and Luke 19/85). Problem with R2 is that I've only four Empire dudes at 7*, so I'd need to get either TFP (51/85) or Snowtrooper (32/85) to 7* during the next week... and with TFP being Cantina only, that'd gently caress up my Ben grind. And if I can't get it all together in time, then I'd rather work towards something more useful.

Goddamn it CG, why u gotta be like this! :sweatdrop:

I mean, you shoulda known to get an empire squad together, that being said, R2 wasn't supposed to be due for another month or so, so yes... gently caress CG.

BobTheDestroyer
Dec 21, 2011
Can anyone tell my why I'm sliding on arena defence lately?

https://swgoh.gg/u/BobTheDestroyer/

From a peak of 17 I'm going further and further down and thats even after getting GK to gear XI and giving R2 his 2nd zeta :S

BobTheDestroyer fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Aug 4, 2017

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

BobTheDestroyer posted:

From a peak of 17 I'm going further and further down and thats even after getting GK to gear XI and giving R2 his 2nd zeta :S

From what i can see, is that your mods are pretty meh. GK, R2 and Kylo could really use some protection secondaries, preferably in the 1.5k and upwards.
Your GK should have at least 60k protection, even at 6*.

Also, it depends of your shard, with that team, you wouldn't hold top 100 on mine. What are the teams you are facing the most? If your R2 is giving stealth to everyone just before baze goes, he will AOE dispell you.

I'ts really a case per case to be honest, you should check who is dropping you and what their mods are.

Edit: Also, did you think about shard collusion? Sometimes the top 20 are on discord and snipe newcomers out of 50. You are the enemy

Mister Blueberry fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Aug 4, 2017

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I recently hit 60 and unlocked ship battles. I don't find them interesting at all and just fully automate both the arena and the challenges, which has worked fine. I got as high as top 40 or so in the first few days of ship arena. However my ranking has been steadily dropping day after day. I had been neglecting the gear levels and character levels of my pilots since all my pilots except JC are poo poo but i have started gearing and leveling them up now and started climbing in ship arena again.
I have not spent any fleet tokens on ship shards; how important is it to increase the stars on ships? The first star gives a 1,05 multiplier to the pilot power which seems pretty low. Do more stars exponentially increase this?
I am perfectly fine sitting in top100 ship arena as that is a decent amount of tokens and i'd honestly rather spend fleet tokens on Wedge and whatnot.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Ineptitude posted:

I recently hit 60 and unlocked ship battles. I don't find them interesting at all and just fully automate both the arena and the challenges, which has worked fine. I got as high as top 40 or so in the first few days of ship arena. However my ranking has been steadily dropping day after day. I had been neglecting the gear levels and character levels of my pilots since all my pilots except JC are poo poo but i have started gearing and leveling them up now and started climbing in ship arena again.
I have not spent any fleet tokens on ship shards; how important is it to increase the stars on ships? The first star gives a 1,05 multiplier to the pilot power which seems pretty low. Do more stars exponentially increase this?
I am perfectly fine sitting in top100 ship arena as that is a decent amount of tokens and i'd honestly rather spend fleet tokens on Wedge and whatnot.

Ships allow you to farm Zeta mats, which is no small feat. Zeta mats are endgame poo poo, but start planning ahead and get the following:

1. You need five 4* DARK SIDE ships in order unlock the capital ship battle to get Tarkins ship to 5*
2. You need eight 5* ANY FACTION ships (plus Tarkins Capital Ship at 5* that you unlocked earlier with the dark side ships) in order to be able to compete for the Zeta challenge

The best way is to concentrate on dark side ships first.

The best DS toon/ship combos are these, in a more or less, ease of farm order:

- TFP/Imperial tie Fighter, both are fairly easy to 7*, toon is great in raids, ship is great for arena
- Geo Soldier/GS Starfighter : toon will get obsolete in endgame, but his ship is great
- Sun Fac/SF Starfighter : great tank for starting out, ship is an awesome tank that dishes out pretty good damage and under Tarkins lead will put target lock on EVERYONE
- Boba/Slave1, great toon and ship. Farm this ship first in fleet shop, and this toon first in cantina shop

Fifth DS ship:
- Maul/Scimitar : Maul zeta is done, but he's still a pretty powerful toon, easily farmed in guild shop. His ship appears on the same node as Slave1/Tie Advanced and ITF, so harder to farm
- Vader/Tie Advanced : Vader is an awesome toon, has a versatile zeta for raids and arena. Tie Advanced is awesome. Made of paper, sure, but his damage is unavoidable, as well as his target lock.
- Gar Saxon+Imp Commando/Gauntlet Starfighter : Both toons are meh, but easily farmable. Also Empire, so you have empire toons to unlock R2. The ship is pretty good under Tarkin lead but are you willing to gear 2 toons just for one ship? Maybe later on in the game.
- FO TFP/FO TF : Awesome toon, hard to farm, Awesome Ship, but if you arent farming the toon, skip for laters.

The best LS ship is Biggs. He's actually the best ship period, if you have a reliable way to apply target lock (Slave1, Tie Advanced, ITF)

Other notable LS ships to aim for so you get your 8x5* ships: Jedi Consular, Ashoka's ship, Clone Sargeant's ship, Wedge... These are not the best ships, but they are easy to farm.

Of course, you should be aiming at gearing your pilots as the ship's abilities depend on the gear level. Gear Tarkin as well as his capital ship is the best.

Edit: Don't spend fleet tokens on farmable toons btw. Farm Wedge in cantina, you will get creds, ship creds and EXP that way. They are better spent on rare ships, Vader and Chirrut Imwe (chirrut can't be found anywhere else, just in fleet shop), Zeta Mats and gear.

Mister Blueberry fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Aug 4, 2017

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I love Wedge's ship as a late reinforcement. His secondary attack is awesome for blowing up target locked ships the gently caress up and I feel like the late stages of most of my ship arena battles come down to a DPS race once the cap ship ultimate abilities are blown.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

BobTheDestroyer posted:

It's seriously just because you don't have a nihilus, which paints a big target on your back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

I'm starting to think even a fully geared Chaze is officially garbage at this point. It's been a week since I could finish the last node in GW. These DN + GK teams are loving invincible.