Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Haifisch posted:

My brother (35M) is an evangelical Christian now, and he has decided to cut me (25F) out of his children's lives because neither me nor my boyfriend (27M) meet his religious standards

Respond by saying "Well, God has a plan for all of us so I'm sure this'll turn out just as planned. :sun:" Then :sever:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

dudeness posted:

I get that they're in the right but lol at being super private about your B12 deficiency. Like, you could've nipped this in bud really early but you waited and blew up which makes me think they were just looking for an excuse to get this woman out of their lives while keeping the moral high ground.

wife is definitely the kind of person who makes normal folks instantly get all 'gently caress you I don't have to explain myself to you' over, like, why you changed the empty toilet paper roll

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

dudeness posted:

I get that they're in the right but lol at being super private about your B12 deficiency. Like, you could've nipped this in bud really early but you waited and blew up which makes me think they were just looking for an excuse to get this woman out of their lives while keeping the moral high ground.

It's prolly more of a "I feel like I can't properly feed my baby and feel worse as a mother and what about the bonding and omg omg" thing.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
The Breastfeeding People are loving Nazis about it, it's nuts.

And they believe poo poo like, "microwaving bottles destroys the nutrients in breast milk."??

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm reminded of that crazy-rear end Hathor The Cow Goddess pro-breastfeeding comic.

Pretty much anything involving parenthood makes some people go round the bend.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
they think bpa makes your kids homosexual, which they don't object to on the basis of homosexuality as such, only that they demand all-natural homo and don't want it chemically induced. i don't freaking know.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Breastfeeding probably carries benefits that bottlefeeding doesn't, but it's really loving nuts to go off on people for not breastfeeding, especially since there's plenty of medical conditions that make that a bad idea, including just regularly taking any medicine at all. Bottle formula is pretty good.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

PetraCore posted:

Breastfeeding probably carries benefits that bottlefeeding doesn't, but it's really loving nuts to go off on people for not breastfeeding, especially since there's plenty of medical conditions that make that a bad idea, including just regularly taking any medicine at all. Bottle formula is pretty good.

Except there are no studies that show a baby specifically benefits from breastfeeding instead of formula, aside from the effects of contact with the baby*. And you should be having plenty of contact with your baby anyway while you're feeding, cleaning, changing diapers, playing etc etc.

*According to an Adam ruins everything show I think.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I thought the mother's immune system could be temporarily passed on to the baby? Which, uh, only helps if the mother has a GOOD immune system, mind.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

new phone who dis posted:

Big birds are terrible pets.

No way dude. Chickens are loving awesome.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Outrail posted:

Except there are no studies that show a baby specifically benefits from breastfeeding instead of formula, aside from the effects of contact with the baby*. And you should be having plenty of contact with your baby anyway while you're feeding, cleaning, changing diapers, playing etc etc.

eh depends on if you're in africa and whether nestle has been moving in for market share

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Pick posted:

eh depends on if you're in africa and whether nestle has been moving in for market share

That is a valid point. Assume there's a ** on the end of that.

**Assuming clean water is used to mix formula not tainted with melanin, heavy metals or is just ground up bugs and aspirin.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Outrail posted:

That is a valid point. Assume there's a ** on the end of that.

**Assuming clean water is used to mix formula not tainted with melanin, heavy metals or is just ground up bugs and aspirin.

Was about to mention China's formula scandal, and apparently breastfeeding is super unfashionable there.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
I can't wait for the update for this

My (29F) husband (31M) of 10 years has been lying to me about where he's being going on business trips, but for no reason (he's not cheating or anything) and for the life of me I can't figure out why.

quote:

u/F123_f345
this is hard to jump into because it just seems so silly. For three months every Monday and Tuesday (and rarely Wednesday...he's on his way home now) my husband has travelled out of town for business to help build a new facility for the military. I won't use our real town but the distances of these "fake" cities and directions are similar. For example say we lived in Chicago. He would say he was driving to St Louis every week.

Well I was talking to his traveling partners wife and she sort of casually said "I'll bet your as ready for these Cleveland trips to come to an end as I am." I thought I misheard her and said "you mean St. Louis?" She looked really confused and said well maybe they weren't on the same work crew because her husband was going to Cleveland every week. But I knew they are on the same crew, my husband has sent me pictures of them watching sports together in the condo that their company rents.

I was so confused I decided to call this lady's husband and make sure he was with him. He said yes. I asked him what city, he was really confused and said Cleveland. I was so shocked and said I hated to put him in the middle of things but could he please vouch that my husband is not doing anything wrong. He said he and my husband are good friends would swear on a bible that the most excitement they ever had was eating at Longhorn steakhouse and my husband is in bed by 9 every night he's away (like he is here) and they get up together, go to work together and back to the condo together. He asked if there was anything else, I said no.

I tried to call my husband but he was in a secure facility and didn't have his phone with him. They are driving back tonight and my husband let his phone run out of battery as usual (he does it all the time) he didn't pick up. I called the co-worker again just to see they are on their way home and he answered and said yes, they are on the road and my husband is asleep and he could wake him up if I needed him. I said no.

Well they will be home in an hour and I'm so confused as to why he would say he's in St. Louis but actually be in Cleveland, especially when he's doing nothing wrong.

Can someone help me figure out how I talk to him about this? It seems so stupid.

tl;dr: Husband is lying to me about where he's going on business but he's not doing anything wrong. I'm so confused I don't know how to even broach the subject.

Comments point out maybe he's not meant to tell people where he really is, if he's working in a secure facility, and that he takes it more seriously than his coworker.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
He's cheating on her with the most beautiful woman of all, Lady Liberty :911:

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Incoming personal story about breastfeeding. Feel free to skip.

Though fortunately we never ran into a zealot 'Breast is Best' is a big thing around here. My wife was totally into it and when we had our first kid she was eager to do it all right....Unfortunately our daughter is/was insane. She'd only feed if she was starving and would throw big screaming tantrums everytime my wife tried to get her in position. Now I'm not talking about my wife trying to feed her when she wasn't hungry I mean my daughter would clearly be hungry and yelling for food but would then flip out when we tried to feed her. We even when to a breast feeding coach which saw what was going on and basically went 'uhhh you're doing everything right. I dunno what to tell you'.

So for 2 months I'd have my wife sobbing feeling like she was a failure of a mother with a screaming starving baby that just wouldn't eat. Finally I got her to agree to feed from a bottle with breast milk which was so much better but that still was super stressful. After three months her milk supply dropped no matter how much she pumped and finally agreed to switch to formula. Oh what a grand day that was.

Goddamn what a mess. If we had some zealot bitching us out while all this was going on I probably would have killed them. We all were running on about 3 hours of sleep at night for 3+ months.

Thankfully when my son came along he was just fine with it. Still don't know what was up with my daughter.

Darkhold fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Aug 3, 2017

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Darkhold posted:

Incoming personal story about breastfeeding. Feel free to skip.

Though fortunately we never ran into a zealot 'Breast is Best' is a big thing around here. My wife was totally into it and when we had our first kid she was eager to do it all right....Unfortunately our daughter is/was insane. She'd only feed if she was starving and would throw big screaming tantrums everytime my wife tried to get her in position. Now I'm not talking about my wife trying to feed her when she wasn't hungry I mean my daughter would clearly be hungry and yelling for food but would then flip out when we tried to feed her. We even when to a breast feeding coach which saw what was going on and basically went 'uhhh you're doing everything right. I dunno what to tell you'.

So for 2 months I'd have my wife sobbing feeling like she was a failure of a mother with a screaming starving baby that just wouldn't eat. Finally I got her to agree to feed from a bottle with breast milk which was so much better but that still was super stressful. After three months her milk supply dropped no matter how much she pumped and finally agreed to switch to formula. Oh what a grand day that was.

Goddamn what a mess. If we had some zealot bitching us out while all this was going on I probably would have killed them. We all were running on about 3 hours of sleep at night for 3+ months.

Thankfully when my son came along he was just fine with it. Still don't know what was up with my daughter.

Yeah, some kids just don't go for it, or they can go for it but it winds up being super painful for the mother, or all sorts of other poo poo. I think most midwives in the UK still push breast feeding as The One True Way, which is annoying when, as said upthread, there's no evidence that formula is significantly worse.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

dudeness posted:

He's cheating on her with the most beautiful woman of all, Lady Liberty :911:

He owes LeBron James a life debt.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

D&D kid is going full redpill when that woman laughs in his face.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Milotic posted:

I can't wait for the update for this

My (29F) husband (31M) of 10 years has been lying to me about where he's being going on business trips, but for no reason (he's not cheating or anything) and for the life of me I can't figure out why.

Comments point out maybe he's not meant to tell people where he really is, if he's working in a secure facility, and that he takes it more seriously than his coworker.

Only possible solution: co-workers are having an affair with each other

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Fil5000 posted:

Yeah, some kids just don't go for it, or they can go for it but it winds up being super painful for the mother, or all sorts of other poo poo. I think most midwives in the UK still push breast feeding as The One True Way, which is annoying when, as said upthread, there's no evidence that formula is significantly worse.

I was allergic to my mother's milk, developed an allergy to formula, and finally had to be raised on goat's milk. Had someone harassed my mother, she would've put her cigarette out in their eye.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

WampaLord posted:

Me [21 M] feeling pressured by GF [22 F] to finish inside her during sex

Run. Run screaming and never look back. Do not pass go, do not gently caress her again.

Agreed. Do not let this woman near your penis.

Errant Gin Monks posted:

No way dude. Chickens are loving awesome.

Chickens are in fact awesome, but they don't live 80 years and if they get too bitchy they're on the menu.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Aug 3, 2017

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Outrail posted:

There are real studies that show infants breastfed in the first year of life have decreased rates of GI infections, ear infections, and less obesity as teenagers.

There are few true contraindications to breast feeding in the USA such as maternal HIV or thee need for the mother to be on certain drugs like anti seizure medication.

There is no medically agreed upon age to end breastfeeding and the current recommendation is up to 12 months or "until the mother decides."

Pretend I posted the "Want Bitty" sketch here.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Bf [24M] is extremely enthusiastic about our heights and potential for tall children. Friend has warned me that this is actually abusive and shallow. I [24F] have no idea what to think here.

quote:

Bf is 6'6", I am 5'11".

So, David has always been pretty supportive/complimentary about my height, happy about his own height, and pleased by being surrounded by tall people in general (I know that sounds odd but he loves it when he can go without "you're so tall! comments as we live in a relatively short area)

We've gotten more serious lately, which involved me going to his family's bbq and him coming to my sister's birthday. Both of our families are full of big/tall people but when he saw my family...I don't think I've seen him that giddy in a while! I mean...so many compliments! This is great, your family is beautiful, I love how being around you all feels, and more height based compliments/comments like I'm so relieved you're all tall and I bet these kids are going to be huge. With the hugest smile on his face. (My sister has 2 boys that are 6'1 already and a girl that's 5'9 and he loved holding my brothers big/long toddler)

I commented on this later when we were alone and his answer was pretty upfront but also...weird? Basically, he told me he was relieved that my height wasn't a fluke (i.e. one tall kid to average parents) and he told me he couldn't imagine "wasting his height by having children with someone that isn't tall." He talked about how exciting it would be to have an entirely tall family. To feel like he finally fits in and to have a home where he doesn't feel out of place. He then kissed me and said "I know you're going to give me some big rear end kids and I love it." I busted out laughing at that! And while yeah, I probably will have big kids, it's still a pretty odd thing to comment on!

So I told this entire tale to a friend and she was...horrified. Her thought process is that this is abusive because he's making it my fault if I don't have tall kids, that he wouldn't have dated me unless he felt like I could give him what he wanted, and that he's just shallow because if I was 5'5" he wouldn't have taken a second glance at me. That if our kids werent tall, it would be my fault for taking away his chance to finally fit in. Basically, his love is conditional and the way he handles the situation is abusive.

Honestly, I'm pretty drat confused now. I have been in an abusive relationship in the past where I didn't realize what was happening and now I can't stop second guessing and feeling some kind of fear that she's right. She urged me to rethink the relationship and I'm having a really bad time thinking about my past relationship and trying to find parallels. I've never thought David was abusive, but poo poo, I never thought my ex was either! It really sucks that I'm doubting him now. My friend was there through my last relationship so I know she wants the best for me but I don't know if she's sounding the alarm for nothing. So, please help! I gave myself a headache thinking about this!

Tl;dr: bf is super into the idea of a tall family/tall kids and friend has told me his feelings and actions are abusive. I've been in an abusive relationship before and now that she's pounded it into my head I'm confused and worried.

Now, calling this "abusive" is way over the top, but it is extremely loving weird and eugenics-y, and honestly were I this lady I would not want to have kids with this guy, because god forbid the kid ended up being short.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

WampaLord posted:

Bf [24M] is extremely enthusiastic about our heights and potential for tall children. Friend has warned me that this is actually abusive and shallow. I [24F] have no idea what to think here.

Now, calling this "abusive" is way over the top, but it is extremely loving weird and eugenics-y, and honestly were I this lady I would not want to have kids with this guy, because god forbid the kid ended up being short.

"We live in a relatively short area" is the best part of this. WELCOME TO TINYTOWN, POPULATION 2,320 NORMAL SIZED PEOPLE AND TWO GIANTS

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Mommy blogger vision is movement based.

Lol.

quote:

My brother (35M) is an evangelical Christian now, and he has decided to cut me (25F) out of his children's lives because neither me nor my boyfriend (27M) meet his religious standards

Good riddance!

hawowanlawow posted:

Fuckin Christians Protestants

:colbert:

tactlessbastard fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Aug 3, 2017

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

WampaLord posted:

It's weird but, assuming that's the only weird thing going on, relatively harmless unless he really does start beating the soles or her feet with a belt for bearing short kids or whatever.

We want some piece of us to live on in our kids, this guy is just boring enough that what he wants to pass forward is tallness.

I am a tall who beget offspring with a short, but she has tall famil so here's hoping the genetic dice don't make my boy a little manlet.

But if they do? I will love my short, tiny son all the same.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

WampaLord posted:

Midget friend spotted, lmao.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Which TCC goon was this

Received DWI in NC after overdose

quote:

Hi,

I overdosed and was found unconscious with my car running.

The police did not arrest me, but I was given a DWI at the hospital and my car was impounded.

Their body cam shows me with a needle in my arm, but there is no evidence they collected, and I received a piece of mail that said my blood had a 0.00 alcohol content.

I do not have the money for an attorney. My court date is coming up and I plan to ask for a PD...

Any tips or feedback I can use to drop this charge? I have a prior conviction of cocaine possession in a different state, and I have a pending driving with an expired license and open container violation that I did not go to my court date for.

Thank you for your help.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Danaru posted:

Which TCC goon was this

Received DWI in NC after overdose

Lol, get hosed, dipshit

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

They don't make exceptions for regular drunks passed out in their cars, why would they make one for a dude with a needle literally sticking out of his arm?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
:catholic: :hf: :catholic:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

WampaLord posted:

Watch the gently caress out, because eugenics poo poo is definitely on the rise

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Catholics are no better

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

hawowanlawow posted:

Catholics are no better

We are way better

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Tall guy is weird, but 6'6" is tall enough that it's absolutely a defining part of his life. My cousin is the same height and even when he'd around family and friends, it's not uncommon for people to talk to him solely in the context of how tall he is. He's also super skinny and finding a lot of clothes / shoes is a huge pain, especially formalwear.

I could see how having an exclusively tall family might be a comfort.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

hawowanlawow posted:

They don't make exceptions for regular drunks passed out in their cars, why would they make one for a dude with a needle literally sticking out of his arm?

It sounds like he thinks they don't have a case because his BAC was 0, lol

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Tall guy is weird, but 6'6" is tall enough that it's absolutely a defining part of his life. My cousin is the same height and even when he'd around family and friends, it's not uncommon for people to talk to him solely in the context of how tall he is. He's also super skinny and finding a lot of clothes / shoes is a huge pain, especially formalwear.

I could see how having an exclusively tall family might be a comfort.

That part is all fine, it's where he's loving obsessed with making sure his kids are genetically pure tall that's kinda red flaggy.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

WampaLord posted:

My god, we've gone full ENERGY BEINGS where no one is allowed to see physical forms anymore or its "abusive."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Insufferable nerdy white guys who are definitely racists are always obsessed with height. I 100% know this as a fact.