Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Mikujin posted:

Got UrfWick for 5 RP because I'm not a chump. Though I can't quite afford it now if it's 150K IP, maybe after my refund.

Although if Grey Warwick is a thing I'll probably do that for myself instead.

Grey Warwick and Medieval Twitch can now drop from honor capsules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

How Rude posted:

the people that are going to have enough runes purchased for this to matter are the people that already own or almost own every champion

Citation needed.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

iSurrender posted:

Last word from Riot on that so far is people will keep their pages, despite the fact that pages will be editable in champ select. No compensation.
I don't really care about compensation from runes tbh, but I bought rune pages because for a while it was just kind of silly to only own 2-3 rune pages since there were so many different relevant runes on different champions. It wasn't exactly required, and it wasn't even necessary but back a couple seasons ago there were just some champions that wouldn't cut it with the standard AD/MPen runes, Magic Resist Blues, and Armor Yellows. If I could get compensation for the rune pages I bought that would be neat since there's no reason to have more than 2-3 anymore.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

RealFoxy posted:

I don't really care about compensation from runes tbh, but I bought rune pages because for a while it was just kind of silly to only own 2-3 rune pages since there were so many different relevant runes on different champions. It wasn't exactly required, and it wasn't even necessary but back a couple seasons ago there were just some champions that wouldn't cut it with the standard AD/MPen runes, Magic Resist Blues, and Armor Yellows. If I could get compensation for the rune pages I bought that would be neat since there's no reason to have more than 2-3 anymore.

no no you see you should feel happy because now you still have those rune pages for the added convenience of never having to change runes while in champ select! surely this is worth not getting your money back on something that is now free to everyone, right

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tired Moritz posted:

to people that actually listen to metal, does anyone actually like pentakill

I'm not a huge fan of Metal but I thought the first Pentakill album was very decently produced, and certainly miles ahead of stuff like ETC. I liked the instrumental tracks, they have a very industrial vibe. This second album feels a bit more generic and it flies over my head.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm sad about two things regarding Pentakill:

First that they'll be performing at World's instead of any other better band
Second that Riot doesn't know their audience well enough to know that a K-Pop band would have probably sold like 5x as many CDs and they can make a bunch MORE Popstar skins

edit: They literally brought in the Dragonforce singer to do this band. At least ETC were a bunch of Blizzard guys' side project

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Aug 3, 2017

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah as fun as their first album is for a Metal band I'd take anything over them for Worlds. I don't know the story behind it though but it seems to me like it was originally a pet project of the musician? Kinda like Battle Pets in WoW was a pet project of the interface team when it ran out of things to do and not something deliberated from the start.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Pentakill are better than they have any right to be all things considered, but that still results in them just being ok, nothing amazing.

K-Pop and the fan culture around it suck, fight me :colbert:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Killed By Death posted:

Pentakill are better than they have any right to be all things considered, but that still results in them just being ok, nothing amazing.

K-Pop and the fan culture around it suck, fight me :colbert:
Find any major celebrity's fashion post on twitter without a million comments on how they ripped off their look from some obscure idol

They also call themselves "Stans" from that Eminem song as if this is a good thing

But they also have a lot of disposable income and lots of them play league

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All the things you just listed are bad.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Addamere posted:

All the things you just listed are bad.
I never said kpop fans were good

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
should had stuck to the superior j pop

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm ready for Pentakill to play in front of thousands of totally indifferent Chinese fans at Worlds

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Imagine Dragons playing their lovely discography outside of like two enjoyable songs in front of a bunch of Koreans wasn't much better either.

I'm not a big power metal fan as Dragonforce is just something you listen to in your teens but I can appreciate the attempt to expose internet dwelling dorks to genres of music that aren't some apathetic hipster and his buddies crooning next to their acoustic guitars or the four bazillionth techno song.

That being said Zedd was really cool

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

RealFoxy posted:

I'm ready for Pentakill to play in front of thousands of totally indifferent Chinese fans at Worlds

i thought metal was actually really popular in asia, am i wrong about this?

e: in hindsight this opinion may be based completely on the junk they play between matches on OGN

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Aug 3, 2017

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Servaetes posted:

That being said Zedd was really cool

I have yet to hear a Zedd song I didn't like, true story.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
i thought that zedd song was awful, it sounded half-finished or something

e: I didn't like the imagine dragons song either but it was slightly better than the zedd song

e2: remember season 3 dude from limp bizkit? lol

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Aug 3, 2017

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
The only good world's theme they did
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5ZvzIOO6aU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Sexpansion posted:

e: in hindsight this opinion may be based completely on the junk they play between matches on OGN

And there ain't no going back
THEY'LL NEVER CATCH ME

Nothing like starting a pro StarCraft II match with some Nickleback.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Sexpansion posted:

Mierenneuker posted:

And there ain't no going back
THEY'LL NEVER CATCH ME

Nothing like starting a pro StarCraft II match with some Nickleback.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbIIMjPErK4

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

remember when dj sona dropped and they had dada life make one of the dogs but motherfuckers was picking the other options, well they been doing that now and it is 2017, the choice is real obvious? but guess not. i always tell ppl with that skin to pick the dada life joint or i am turning the music off

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I havent seen dj sona/elementalist lux in ages

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Tired Moritz posted:

I havent seen dj sona/elementalist lux in ages

There was a support Lux with the Elementalist skin in the last game I played. I took special glee in destroying them.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Sexpansion posted:

That's a v generous definition of metal imo. I guess there's like, Babymetal in Japan? Idk

My theory is that some OGN producer just time traveled in from the early aughts and has a lot of opinions on music.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Sexpansion posted:

e2: remember season 3 dude from limp bizkit? lol

Oh man I remember that, that was they officially had Wes Borland money and also had some chick with a violin and Crystal Method played the Lucian song and left

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Full album's up now.

Free official download over here.

vvv: This is the guy

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Aug 3, 2017

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I don't really like metal all that much (with some exceptions like Mastodon and some of the more classic stuff) but I have to admit that I really appreciate the two singers, especially the dude, whoever he is. He's pretty loving competent.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

if riot ever wants a fly MC to spit some funky fresh rhymes just let me know. anyone from riot reading this send me a pm and we can work out prices, i am one nasty MC on the microphone

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pog boyfriend posted:

if riot ever wants a fly MC to spit some funky fresh rhymes just let me know. anyone from riot reading this send me a pm and we can work out prices, i am one nasty MC on the microphone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HRY4LUl5lc

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

each more boring than the last

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Teikanmi posted:

each more boring than the last

:qq: Oh no, the FrElo!

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
When I play support I just ban Janna.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Lulu has been my go to ban for a while but I might switch to thresh just so people who play support in my games who have no idea how to play thresh stop loving picking him

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

Lulu has been my go to ban for a while but I might switch to thresh just so people who play support in my games who have no idea how to play thresh stop loving picking him

Do they hard tilt after you ban their declared Champ?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
blitzcrank is the only smart support ban

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Luna Was Here posted:

Lulu got nerfed into the ground, she's subpar now

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I feel like nami is gonna make a resurgence, mana isn't an issue with coin, she itemizes well with the standard support builds right now, her bouncing heal works super well with ardent in teamfights, and her ult is solid mix of offense and defense.

I'm at 8/3 on her in the last week and been playing against plat 5-4 teams for the most part. Friend and I recently started grinding ranked again and I feel dominant in p much every lane with nami, basically only exception is when my adc picks ezreal (I think that's 2 of the 3 losses).

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Nami's definitely still strong. I feel like her biggest roadblock will still always be how goddamn hard it is to aim Aqua Prison successfully. It's seriously one of the most difficult skillshots in the game to land.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

njsykora posted:

There was a support Lux with the Elementalist skin in the last game I played. I took special glee in destroying them.

I was laning against an Elementalist Lux in my last game, and she kept asking me to tell her which form she should take. I muted her after maybe three minutes and by the end of the game all eight other players were shouting at her in allchat to just. shut. the. gently caress. up! Needless to say, her team lost. Just as planned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

If you haven't already pre-planned your elemental transformations based on unique voice interactions or color synergy with your team, you have no business playing Elementalist Lux. :colbert:

• Locked thread