Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
They didn't fix the sound thing from the test servers huh? Nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
477MB patch is up, no clue what it fixes

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

asterioth posted:

It certainly wasn't the 0BP bug.

But the servers felt less horrendously laggy and I didn't see any warping, so that's something.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

asterioth posted:

They made it so exiting now requires you to report whoever killed you.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

asterioth posted:

The lag seems to be a bit better and when you get around 40-50 players left it seems much better.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

e: Nevermind.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Made 14 SteamBux selling crates, the regular no-key crates.
Get in before the prices crash.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

qkkl posted:

This game desperately needs 100% of development effort expended on new guns that are only found in crates. In addition each crate should drop with a guard dog that realistically barks and attacks players to make crates a bigger challenge to loot.

Or make one out of every ten crates an explosive surprise for the first guy to open it.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I wonder if the test server lag bug was caused in [part by the fake delay they put into looting.
So the first part of the game would be laggy as hell as everyone is trying to pick things up off the ground.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
The server issues coinciding with the release of the paid crates is hilarious. Reddit's going to be a shitstorm.

E: even more so

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

cosmetics were a mistake.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

You asked for it, you demanded it, now here it is!

EVEN MORE Pro Player Strategies and How to Counter Them!

https://plays.tv/s/LNBeF82AWrpo

Watch the video to learn how to foil the pros' plans every time! Learn how to counter such moves as the Duck Waltz, the Downhill Jamboree, and even the infamous Captain Crunch.

:c00l: :c00l: :c00l: :c00l: :c00l:

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

asterioth posted:

Hm, Steam wants me to download 5GB.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

odiv posted:

Hm, Steam wants me to download 5GB.

You download the 5GB and then the 477MB for...some reason.

Also holy :aslol: is first person mode bad. Movement feels like loving garbage and the world looks completely jacked up and ugly in a way you didn't notice with a third person camera. Also holy poo poo are the servers laggy, even with 65 people left I'm teleporting all over the place.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
looks like the forgot to add pink skirts to the loot table

no listings at all on the steam market

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Just Chamber posted:

Just put on Grimmmz stream and people are stream honking him haha. Basically driving near him honking constantly so he cant hear a thing. Of course the mods in his chat are suggesting they get a ban because they're still following him through the stream so it's technically stream sniping...

What makes me sure this guy's a douchebag is that he could have so easily taken the opposite tack and relish in the celebrity status. Essentially act like 'hey bitches I'm here and I'm gonna kill you all' and essentially turn it into a new game where everyone is trying to kill him. Instead he's being a whiny dummy

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
stats reset has been very good to me, just styling on nerds all day

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

This lag is making early game fire fights complete bullshit.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
The early game lag is absurd, but I can really feel the performance optimizations. The game itself is much much smoother while rubberbanding. :v:

(Late-game firefights feel way more winnable with a smooth framerate though.)

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I take back the servers being better. I just had a game with stuttering teleports in the early game then horribly laggy audio in the mid-end game :v:

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S LAGGY SOUNDS

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Had a man turn a corner around the outside of the school. Then he was inside the school.

Good patch.

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009
Irony in a bunch of streamer hating babies calling streamers babies is thick in here.

Let's talk about the patch instead of crying for 15 pages.

I'm curious how the lack of vision in vehicles will effect vehicle usage. Seems like your chance of dying in a vehicle is much higher now.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Parallel Playa posted:

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S LAGGY SOUNDS

It's so bad in the game I'm in it sounds like a helicopter hovering above you non stop.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

TJChap2840 posted:

Let's talk about the patch instead of crying for 15 pages.
This will just lead to a different sort of crying though.

I can't wait to play a handful of first person matches, realise I still suck and so go back to 3rd person where I can blame my deaths on other people.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

TJChap2840 posted:

I'm curious how the lack of vision in vehicles will effect vehicle usage. Seems like your chance of dying in a vehicle is much higher now.

I don't think so. The most common way for a squad to get murdered in a vehicle is when they drive past you when you are behind some cover and you just blast them with a shotgun or automatic weapon.
It will be harder to do that if you have to peek around the corner to see them coming.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Least you guys can play (laggily). I am stuck on connected, waiting for response. :/

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
Well it's discouraging to hear the lag issues from the test server last night migrated to live. I was hoping it was isolated to the test server since I assumed they kept it smaller and it was getting hammered from everyone trying to play FP.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

It's almost like having the test server up for one day isn't enough time to catch and fix bugs before pushing it to main servers :thunk:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Sultan Tarquin posted:

It's almost like having the test server up for one day isn't enough time to catch and fix bugs before pushing it to main servers :thunk:
Yeah why is there a test server if you're gonna put the patch there for a day, and not fix any of the associated bugs that are immediately noticed and reported? They could have spent that time debugging instead of doing two deployments.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Good thing this game isn't out yet.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Parallel Playa posted:

The server issues coinciding with the release of the paid crates is hilarious. Reddit's going to be a shitstorm.

E: even more so

paid crates shouldn't have been put in until the game was actually finished. my computer should be able to run this effortlessly on all ultra settings and i get lots of framerate poo poo even on mostly medium.

TJChap2840 posted:

Irony in a bunch of streamer hating babies calling streamers babies is thick in here.

that isn't irony. calling a lovely thing lovely isn't being a baby lmao

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Aug 3, 2017

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

odiv posted:

Good thing this game isn't out yet.

On one hand, we're paying to play a beta. On the other hand, we get to do sick flips on bikes.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Do free betas ever last more than a week or two? This is going on several months.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
lately during games my comp has been freezing up entirely and shutting itself down - the screen turns a maroon/red color and it just powers off. i assume its either the video card or the psu, but is there a program i can run that will diagnose the issue when it happens?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Hockles posted:

Do free betas ever last more than a week or two? This is going on several months.

Battlefield style free betas are the modern version of demos, this is closer to what a real beta looks like.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Yeah the game is clearly not a finished product. It plays like a really fun tech demo.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah the game is clearly not a finished product. It plays like a really fun tech demo.
Almost as if it's Early Access or something...

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Roki B posted:

if you watch streamers you're an idiot child hope this helps

it's basically the same concept as watching TV though? except with a lot less advertising

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Parachute posted:

lately during games my comp has been freezing up entirely and shutting itself down - the screen turns a maroon/red color and it just powers off. i assume its either the video card or the psu, but is there a program i can run that will diagnose the issue when it happens?

Easiest thing to do is play some graphically-intensive games that aren't PUBG and see if it happens there.

• Locked thread