Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"Golf putting sim" lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ChaosArgate posted:

...I think I need a copy of Dream Course on 3DS now. Too bad it's not part of the sale. :negative: Oh well, it's cheap enough anyway.

Yeah, it's like, what, 8 bucks? It's super worth it.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.
Guess no Slime-san today?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Wow Triple Deluxe is the first game that made me use 3d and loving it!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

This week's drop.

Switch

ACA NeoGeo Aero Fighters 2 | NA | PAL | $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99 (eShop Only)
Gunbarich | NA | PAL | $ ? / £5.99 / €6.99 (eShop Only)
Puzzle Adventure Blockle | NA | PAL | $7.99 / £5.99 / €6.29 (eShop Only)
Retro City Rampage DX | NA | PAL | $14.99 / £12.99 / €14.99 (eShop Only)
Slime-san | NA | PAL | $ ? / £10.00 / €11.99 (eShop Only)
Strikers 1945 | NA | PAL | $7.99 / £6.99 / €6.99 (eShop Only)
Use Your Words | NA | PAL | $14.99 / £11.79 / €13.09 (eShop Only)

WiiU

Air Zonk (TG-16) | PAL | £5.39 / €5.99 (eShop Only)
Bonk III: Bonk's Big Adventure (TG-16) | PAL | £5.39 / €5.99 (eShop Only)
Flight of Light | NA | PAL | $8.00 / £7.00 / €8.00 (eShop Only)

3DS

VoxelMaker | NA | PAL | $4.99 / £ ? / € ? (eShop / Retail) (August 4)

Switch is getting some Shoot-em-ups this week with both ACA NeoGeo Aero Fighters 2 and Striker 1945. There's also Retro City Rampage DX, if you haven't played it yet (I think I got it for free on 3DS but still haven't played it). Slime-san is a retro-style twitch platfomer. Puzzle Adventure Blockle is a sort of rotating maze puzzle game, possibly with some RPG elements? I dunno. Gunbarich is another arcade game, similar to Breakout/Arkanoid, but with added Anime.

In PAL regions, the WiiU VC is getting 2 more TG-16 games, Air Zonk and Bonk III: Bonk's Big Adventure (both are already available in NA). Both regions are getting Flight of Light, which is a rhythm game that supports multiplayer.

On 3DS, there's VoxelMaker, which at first glance I thought was a Minecraft clone, but it seems to literally just be a blocky model editor.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Aero Fighters 2 is the game where you can play as a dolphin flying a plane. Or a ninja.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
There's also two Switch titles on offer in the EU eShop: 33% off from I Am Setsuna and TumbleSeed. Setsuna is a generic JRPG and TumbleSeed is a hardcore agility balancing game.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Fremry posted:

golf putting sim

I'd be very interested to see the real-life bizarre golf putting that Kirby's Dream Course is apparently a simulation of.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Aero Fighters 2 is the game where you can play as a dolphin flying a plane.
SOLD

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Aero Fighters 2 is the game where you can play as a dolphin flying a plane. Or a ninja.

Is there a dumbed down American easy mode or is it pure bullet hell?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Those games all have infinite credits anyway so you can finish them no matter how bad you are

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rexroom posted:

There's also two Switch titles on offer in the EU eShop: 33% off from I Am Setsuna and TumbleSeed. Setsuna is a generic JRPG and TumbleSeed is a hardcore agility balancing game.

Setsuna is by all accounts apparently boring as hell.

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING
That voxel block editor thing is also out for Switch. It looks very boring.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Are either/both/neither of them bullet hell shooters? I really don't care for those. Don't know which one to buy, although the dolphin thing might sway me if that ones not bullet hell

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Retro City Rampage DX should be cheaper but then that seems to be the case with a lot of Switch indie ports. I bought it once when it was discounted. I then got it again in a Humble Bundle so I gifted that to my partner. I then bought a mystery box at a con which contained the game on disc in a mock NES box. I mean it's fun but I didn't want it 3 times and if they're that keen to give it out then why so expensive?

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING
Apparently Tumbleseed just updated to have a handful of more levels or mountains or whatever plus a 2 player mode and is temporarily $5 or 33% off (so it is going to be $10 instead of $15). The price isn't different in the store just yet though there is an article in the news thing about it. They also added leaderboards and weekly challenges (like Issac, only not daily). It also added 4 new game modes and revised difficulty. Hell of an update and I don't think it will be cheaper any time soon if anyone was ever previously on the fence about it.

rogue wave fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Aug 3, 2017

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Are either/both/neither of them bullet hell shooters? I really don't care for those. Don't know which one to buy, although the dolphin thing might sway me if that ones not bullet hell

It's not bullet hell in the sense of Ikaruga or the games after it, its more like Lifeforce or 1942.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

rogue wave posted:

Apparently Tumbleseed just updated to have a handful of more levels or mountains or whatever plus a 2 player mode and is temporarily $5 or 33% off (so it is going to be $10 instead of $15). The price isn't different in the store just yet though there is an article in the news thing about it. They also added leaderboards and weekly challenges (like Issac, only not daily). It also added 4 new game modes and revised difficulty. Hell of an update and I don't think it will be cheaper any time soon if anyone was ever previously on the fence about it.

The 2 player mode is actually (at the moment) exclusive to the Switch.

https://twitter.com/TumbleSeedGame/status/893140020655263744

Nintendo's Flip Wars also received an update, including ranked matches and a new stage.

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/893116775658737666

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I didn't know flip wars was even out. I think it looks cool but know no gamers in my area. Does it have online or any kind of single player component?

PS Cave Story + update goes out this or next week that adds a toggle for original graphics.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It's not bullet hell in the sense of Ikaruga or the games after it, its more like Lifeforce or 1942.

Perfect, I love 1942

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

They're hard but they're not bullet hell.

Gunbarich has shmup elements as well but it's more of a Breakout-style game.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Sakurazuka posted:

Those games all have infinite credits anyway so you can finish them no matter how bad you are

then it's iajanus' time to shine!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Can I turn my switch on it's side to fill up the screen for either of those games

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yes.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Awesome

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:psypop: I'll have to try this tonight. I bought the dolphin one (aero fighters) last night.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

:psypop: I'll have to try this tonight. I bought the dolphin one (aero fighters) last night.

Strikers and Gunbarich definitely do but they were vertically-aligned games to begin with.

Aero Fighters is a horizontally-aligned game so it doesn't really make sense to play it in vertical mode, but I seem to recall a lot of the Hamster Neo Geo releases have that option anyway.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

thexerox123 posted:

I'd be very interested to see the real-life bizarre golf putting that Kirby's Dream Course is apparently a simulation of.

Alright, I'll change my description. It's a "zany mini golf game". It's still a bad suggestion for someone trying to get into the Kirby series, because even if they like it, it's nothing like any of the main games. It's a mini golf game with weird obstacles and Kirby as the ball.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sonic Mania comes out while I'm out of the country. If I buy my credit on the eShop now, I'll be able to download it without issue when it comes out right? It will be perfect for the plane ride back.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Sonic Mania comes out while I'm out of the country. If I buy my credit on the eShop now, I'll be able to download it without issue when it comes out right? It will be perfect for the plane ride back.

I believe regardless of where you are the eShop operates on whatever country the profile is set to.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

You don't even need to add the eshop credit ahead of time unless you only use prepaid cards or something. Your card will work fine regardless of what country you're in provided it matches the eshop region.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I have a Canadian 3DS and I use my Japanese credit card all the time.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Severed is available now on the Switch eShop in PAL Region. It's €14.99/£13.49.

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/894828611185889280

hadji murad posted:

I have a Canadian 3DS and I use my Japanese credit card all the time.
Sometimes it works fine with credit cards from other regions, but not a lot of cards will work it seems.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I think I've used my Canadian address with my Japanese card but i have no idea where to begin checking with Nintendo's online-ness.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Cartoon Man posted:

Is there a dumbed down American easy mode or is it pure bullet hell?

It (the Dolphin game) is one of the easiest coin-op SHMUP games. Expect to be able to beat it on a single credit after a few hours of playing.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
So I figure there's like a 1% chance I might leave my 3DS full of digital purchases on the train some day. Is there any reason at all for me to not finally make a NNIDS? That sad sack baseball dog looks like he could use some help.

Like Hadji, I've got a North American 3DS that I use my Japanese credit card on.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Make a NNID and a My Nintendo account and link them all. There is literally no reason not to, and every reason to do it.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Cool beans, thanks!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

irlZaphod posted:

Make a NNID and a My Nintendo account and link them all. There is literally no reason not to, and every reason to do it.

As someone who can barely make it through any of Nintendo's online set-ups (accounts on accounts on accounts) how do I do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Beastie posted:

As someone who can barely make it through any of Nintendo's online set-ups (accounts on accounts on accounts) how do I do that?

On a 3DS: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2221/~/how-to-create-a-nintendo-network-id-on-nintendo-3ds

Or on a Wii U: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1087/~/how-to-create-a-nintendo-network-id-on-wii-u

And then create a Nintendo Account: https://accounts.nintendo.com/register (you can now use the Nintendo Network ID button on top) - this will work on https://my.nintendo.com/ for rewards