Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Free stuff if you're willing to put in some effort.

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Installing_from_ONE_store

Metal Gigantuar (30)
Gil 50,000
Magic Key (5)
NRG Restore 10 (20)
Rare Summon Ticket (3)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cartoon Man posted:

Metal Gigantuar (30)
Gil 50,000
Magic Key (5)
NRG Restore 10 (20)
Rare Summon Ticket (3)

Takes all of 3 minutes and was totally worth it.

Unfortunately I have to clear 20 slots to fit in those cactuars.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think i will daily pull on the veritas banner regardless of how long it is until the nier banner, i only have about 49 tickets and 7k lapis which isnt really a ton saved, and with the hidden previous banner boost it may increase my odds of getting the veritas on the nier banner potentially :v:

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
PSA: I have a Lightning set up to be invincible to Dark Espers.

Disclaimers: This will take a LONG time. I estimate 3-4 hours to kill them on auto. Additionally, since you're using her as a friend, you'll lose your actual unit, so you won't get Greatsword Mastery.

Recommended: Two Hide Units with Siren and Ifrit equipped. hide until summon gauge is full, have one come out, summon, and die, keep hiding with other, come out and summon and die. then set on auto, walk away for 3 hours. You'll get all the rewards except GSM.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Dana Crysalis posted:

Disclaimers: This will take a LONG time. I estimate 3-4 hours to kill them on auto. Additionally, since you're using her as a friend, you'll lose your actual unit, so you won't get Greatsword Mastery.

Recommended: Two Hide Units with Siren and Ifrit equipped. hide until summon gauge is full, have one come out, summon, and die, keep hiding with other, come out and summon and die. then set on auto, walk away for 3 hours. You'll get all the rewards except GSM.

Have the actual unit bring something that can petrify and have them petrify themselves. IIRC that doesn't count as a death.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Evil Fluffy posted:

Have the actual unit bring something that can petrify and have them petrify themselves. IIRC that doesn't count as a death.

Are there any single target petrifies other then bopping with a Golem staff/Razz? My lightning is not immune to petrify so that could get awkward. Also it is fairly unlikely you could summon an Esper and live through the next round, but if you wanted to do it in two different tries, that should work.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Lunera has a single target petrify but you can't target a teammate with it.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

Dana Crysalis posted:

Not...entirely sure what just happened since I was moving to and away from my phone, but somehow your Lightning got killed while I was letting her autoattack away after about an hour. I know neither of the espers were close to death, and even when she was confused Lightning would just miss herself until it wore off. :confused:

hamburgers in pockets fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 2, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Dana Crysalis posted:

And if you do it a second time with just one unit of your own, who has Hide/Lie Low you can just mash Repeat while Lightning attacks and your own unit Hides for a couple hours and get that Greatsword Mastery, too.

It's how I did it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Surplus of tickets do to all these summer day packages. Decide to throw one in the banner. Down comes a gold "Oh hope its Meliadoul!" breaks, reforms into rainbow "Well Ramza or Delita sort of dont fit into my party but they aren't the worst you could get"

WOMP WOMP

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Surplus of tickets do to all these summer day packages. Decide to throw one in the banner. Down comes a gold "Oh hope its Meliadoul!" breaks, reforms into rainbow "Well Ramza or Delita sort of dont fit into my party but they aren't the worst you could get"

WOMP WOMP

Stick a 9S TMR on her and suddenly she's Meta.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am either going to pull 70+ times and get zero 9s, or i am going to get like six in my first 20 pulls and i dont know which it is (yes i do. it's zero)

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Thanks Dana, trying the Dark Beasts now with your solo Lighting!

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Not...entirely sure what just happened since I was moving to and away from my phone, but somehow your Lightning got killed while I was letting her autoattack away after about an hour. I know neither of the espers were close to death, and even when she was confused Lightning would just miss herself until it wore off. :confused:

Looking at the wiki Siren has a threshold attack at 70/50/30% that can inflict sleep and Dana's Lightning isn't immune to it. Maybe the sleep hit and Lightning lost her evade? I'm trying it now and trying to whittle down Dark Siren first and hoping to use Flame Strike to negate the sleep but I didn't think about the osmose or confusion so my fingers are crossed that I don't screw it up!

e: a fire attack item would fix the osmose problem thinking about it now, which I totally didn't bring.

e2: my confuse luck has been so bad I got Ifrit to his threshold first

e3: Something hit Lightning, she lost a third of her HP between bits when I checked my phone. No idea what though, I got past the first threshold with Flamestrike and I haven't seen anything hit since.

e4: oh, the Flamestrike on Siren's threshold attack is Fire/Wind element, I missed that. That must've been what hit Lighting.

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Aug 3, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So based on what the reddit guys datamined, it seems like we might be getting another sword mastery of some kind from the marlbro trial?
"1100000095
A codex written by a sword master.
Only the wise can understand the mystery of it."
I sure hope so.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Hm, that is pretty mysterious, I apologize for the people that died. It worked for me and I obviously didn't watch the whole five hours so I kinda assumed it had worked. :(

e: the Fire/Wind threshold attack shouldn't be triggering, that only triggers if she's hit with fire damage. It might have been the sleep.

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Aug 3, 2017

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah, I triggered the fire/wind damage to avoid the 75% sleep attack. I got lucky and wasn't confused and had MP for all three of Siren's thresholds, did Flamestrike and healed up after, and finished her off. Now I'm slowly whittling away Ifrit with auto attack without issue. Since the third threshold it's smooth sailing but Ifrit is only 1/3rd dead.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Nuebot posted:

So based on what the reddit guys datamined, it seems like we might be getting another sword mastery of some kind from the marlbro trial?
"1100000095
I sure hope so.

could also grant some abilities like the last few trials.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Trip Report: Killing the Dark Espers using Dana's Lightning! Dana's build is immune to all normal attacks with 100% physical evade and an average of 100%+ fire/water/dark resistance. Not being immune to confuse or sleep caused a hiccup, I think the threshold sleep attack is what did hamburgers in. Here's what I did:

I wanted the trust moogle by summoning Ifrit and Siren. To do this I took my two strongest units with hide: Soleil and Xon, and gave them the espers. I had hoped that if I built them with enough resistance they'd survive a turn and get back to hiding after summoning an esper but both blew up after summoning. However it's still important that you bring units that can take a punch on the chin: Since Lightning can get confused she might start hitting your hiders once they come out of hiding on your turn. Especially Xon since his hide move has an extra animation to it. If they start getting hit by Lighting you want them to have the staying power to not drop otherwise :rip: the trust moogle. Once the fight starts just have them hide and mash repeat until the esper gauge is filled up, wait for one to come back, and summon and let one die. Repeat then let them take a dirt nap. All in all it didn't take long for the summoners to do their part.

I got Lightning to start with Dark Siren*. Dark Ifrit can't do poo poo to Dana's Lightning but Siren's sleep threshold attack can (again I assume) ruin things. You can micro to kill her faster and once she's past her 30% threshold you can auto the rest of the fight down. Plus Siren first means her threshold attack has a 75% chance to inflict sleep so even if poo poo happens you still have a chance of not getting put to sleep and losing the fight. Siren second upgrades her threshold attack to 100% sleep. The plan was that once she buffs as the first part of her threshold attack to use a fire attack: Lighting's Flamestrike. This changes her threshold attack to a fire/wind attack with no sleep chance. Lighting will take about 1800 damage thanks to 85% fire/wind resistance which can just be healed via items.

The problem is that thanks to Siren's confuse and osmose and the chance of countering with holy to get MP back you might not have control of Lightning or have MP for firestrike. Bring some fire damage items just in case and hope you don't get confused. To speed the fight up you can use Army of One for the DEF down debuff and firestrike when you have the MP since that's Siren's weakness (although due to the Zweil Crossblade's wind element it only a marginal improvement). If you see Siren with buffs up then she's on her threshold attack and needs to eat a fire attack.

It's a slog since Lightning will spend a lot of time confused and wasting time flipping everywhere but as long as you can get the two summons off and don't go full auto and hope you have control of Lightning when Siren's threshold buffs are up then Dana's Lightning can take the fight. Use a fire attack or item to avoid Siren's sleep attack three times and then you're home free and can auto the next two hours to drop Dark Ifrit. Congrats on your new Ifrit Claw, Trust Moogle, and Siren's Robe!

now to actually do it for real to get Great Sword Mastery

Thanks again Dana for the solo Lightning build! :)

*I started with Dark Ifrit but then I saw potatoe's post and assumed the sleep threshold was the problem and changed targets. Between that and all the confuse random targets and holy counters Dark Ifrit was about half dead when Dark Siren dropped.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Nuebot posted:

"1100000095
I sure hope so.

Being a codex it sounds like it could be an accessory. Maybe a stronger sword-equivalent of snow's TM?

Gumi's Global Exclusive stuff in Brave Frontier is usually pretty strong (the raid spheres are loving ridiculous) so who knows with this item. It could be good, it could be crap, it could be the Fryevia or Olive of raid loot. :shrug:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Evil Fluffy posted:

Being a codex it sounds like it could be an accessory. Maybe a stronger sword-equivalent of snow's TM?

Gumi's Global Exclusive stuff in Brave Frontier is usually pretty strong (the raid spheres are loving ridiculous) so who knows with this item. It could be good, it could be crap, it could be the Fryevia or Olive of raid loot. :shrug:

Oh man a large sword mastery accessory would be amazing.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Yeah Guess Ill wait to mass pull for 9S, might end up getting some 2B's butts. 9S's Trust Mastery is too drat bonkers not to go for.

I fully intend to whale like a stupid fucker should we ever get the SD3 collab, and for Wee one Rydia.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Well, after a bit of finagling with Dark Siren, I managed to cancel her threshold attacks with Dana's Lightning and killed her off, so now it's on to Dark Ifrit!

And holy poo poo, he's literally taking double damage per hit. But whatevs, at least I'll finally the equipment from the trial. Now to put together a team and try it myself for Great Sword Mastery. :shepicide:

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I'm really glad that even with the hiccups, people are managing Dark Espers with Lightning. Look, she's useful! really!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

http://toucharcade.com/2017/08/02/square-enix-confirms-final-fantasy-tactics-will-be-getting-64-bit-update/

Hooray!

Buy! Buy! Buy! Only $6...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Great to hear!

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Aaaaalmost hosed up and bought the 3000 bundle today looking for the 300 summer bundle offer

So glad I caught myself.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

Metal Gigantuar (30)
Gil 50,000
Magic Key (5)
NRG Restore 10 (20)
Rare Summon Ticket (3)

This is super easy and worth it alone for the tickets and enhancements

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

But if I have War of the Lions, I don't need to buy it again, right? I have the original (iPhone?) and War of the Lions. Is this another new version?

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

BDawg posted:

But if I have War of the Lions, I don't need to buy it again, right? I have the original (iPhone?) and War of the Lions. Is this another new version?

No, people were just hesitant (alongside a lot of other apps) because Iphone is dropping support for 32-bit apps, so if they weren't planning on updating, there'd be no point buying it.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
Man, you know what quality of life thing that Record Keeper added more than a year ago that both it and Brave Exvius should have had to begin with? Individual saved party set-ups that include gear and materia being auto-swapped to their saved states for each party. Set 'em up once, save 'em, good to loving go. Having to swap my dual wields and quick assaults and accessories and poo poo around all over the place to do the King Mog stuff, then swap them back around to my main party for story and trials and poo poo is just pointless awful busy-work (that can be completely undone if the app crashes and you didn't remember to visit the home screen a bunch during the process).

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I wouldn't be surprised if this is never addressed since it potentially drives down the need for multiple TMs and the lapis to grind them.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Rocketpriest posted:

Man, you know what quality of life thing that Record Keeper added more than a year ago that both it and Brave Exvius should have had to begin with? Individual saved party set-ups that include gear and materia being auto-swapped to their saved states for each party. Set 'em up once, save 'em, good to loving go. Having to swap my dual wields and quick assaults and accessories and poo poo around all over the place to do the King Mog stuff, then swap them back around to my main party for story and trials and poo poo is just pointless awful busy-work (that can be completely undone if the app crashes and you didn't remember to visit the home screen a bunch during the process).

JP has this for Arena at least. And also the 10 man trials. Can't wait for this to hit GL.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
People at the Festas gotta ask about that.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Two out of 3 FFT runs today had a (yellow) chocobo. Pretty nice after my weekend drought. Though at this point I'm only doing 3 ELT runs per day because the only thing left I care to buy is the damage reduction materia and 100 gigantaurs. Maybe giantcrysts but I think I'd rather TM grind. If the upcoming story event lets you farm T4s again I'll just run that if I want more.

I'd have been surprised if they didn't do this, but I'm not surprised they took this long to confirm it because SE is kinda weird when it comes to mobile.

Rocketpriest posted:

We already have multiple parties and yeah it'd be wonderful if the gear settings were party-specific (we'd still want a bunch of excess gear for expedition units). They made that change for espers and eventually we should get the arena-specific team layout stuff too.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Gumi says different things at different times, but this and certain dataminers agree that 10+1 ticket will work to get Nier characters. During the Nier event.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Yeah I mean I don't see why it would be any different than using normal tickets on the standard pool. You just don't get the rate up.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
going all in on veritas anyways

wish me luck

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cry Havoc posted:

wish me luck

Veritas of the Gacha

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Cry Havoc posted:

wish me luck

Good luck pulling Veritas of the Shadow! I hear his Throw TM is pretty rare :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cry Havoc posted:

wish me luck

Took me 48 rolls on the summon simulator to get DV.

Got 3 FVs, a Knight Delita, and a pair of Luneths on the way there.

Good luck. Although I'm not sure you'll need it, you always seem to get the good rainbows from these things, so instead I'll send my luck towards Dana.

Edit: Another one in 21 10+1s.

23 rolls for the next one.

27 for the next one.

I'm definitely rolling for Earth and calling it a day.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Aug 3, 2017

• Locked thread