Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Pakled posted:

This one's a doozy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Ruptured Yakety Sax
Jun 8, 2012

ARE YOU AN ANGEL, BIRD??
From Auspol

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

It seems the apple doesn't fall far from the balcony.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
His father? Yeah righto, whats his name then?

(that's all that fucker is EVER getting from me.)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Debbie who? Compared to the poo poo happening in the White House...

Well at least seems a bit more balanced in his choice of subjects.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm no fan of DWS but Marlette sure just did draw a Jew as a nefarious spider at the center of a web

I don't even think the metaphor is particularly apt

Flynn Priebus and Spicer Comey were the most shocking firings yet

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

History's greatest monster.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Hm, yes, all the turnover in the White House is actually a sign of the strength of the administration, why can't the liberal media see that? :thunk:

Also that well-known phrase of Hillary Clinton's, "stay the course".

e: Hell, while I'm nitpicking this, hitting the iceberg dead on would actually have been better for the Titanic, since it would have flooded fewer compartments and allowed the ship to stay afloat.

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Aug 3, 2017

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Furries getting some attention from the politoonists lately. Rogers seems a bit more neutral though.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

How DARE Hillary fire Scaramucci and Priebus and try to fire Sessions!

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Oh no, I'm feeling genuine sympathy and emotion for the events in a Mallard Fillmore strip. Come on, Tinsley, unload on transpeople again!

Actually, I wonder if this strip is meta. Tinsley knows his strip is getting old and mostly read by old people, and lots of readers want it canceled.

itskage posted:

Zelda is just now doing a 50 shades movie review?

Also English made ginormous. So there's something. We combined two words that meant the same thing...

"Guesstimate."

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

WampaLord posted:

No, she's entirely right in her criticism of 50 shades. I recently read a snarky chapter-by-chapter breakdown and holy gently caress the messages that book sends are extremely troubling.

It's literally a twilight fanfic with the serial numbers filed off; what the heck did you expect.

WampaLord posted:

Abuse is cool and good as long as he loves you, kink is only for broken people and true love means non-kinky sex

That seems kind of self-contradictory.

WampaLord posted:

It makes you really worry about the personal life of the author.

Meh, I think it's just some catharsis stuff. Lots of people have fantasies that they find arousing in make-believe but definitely wouldn't want to see happen for real. Likewise, it's not because someone enjoys playing Call of Duty or whatever other military shooter franchise that they'd want to actually go to Syria and join a real battlefield with real corpses of people who are really dead.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

I didn't realize that was supposed to be Hillary at first because a) Lester's art is so godawful and b) what the gently caress does Hillary have to do with any of this?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

DaveWoo posted:

I didn't realize that was supposed to be Hillary at first because a) Lester's art is so godawful and b) what the gently caress does Hillary have to do with any of this?

I think pointing to Hillary or Obama when Trump fucks up is an unconscious reflex at this point.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

I get irrationally angry whenever I see one of these cartoons where someone holds a newspaper taller than they are.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

DaveWoo posted:

what the gently caress does Hillary have to do with any of this?

That could be a thread title at this point.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Jurgan posted:

I get irrationally angry whenever I see one of these cartoons where someone holds a newspaper taller than they are.

I get upset about cartoons where the only way they can think of to make it about a current event is to have someone holding a newspaper with a headline.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

(Trump shits his pants on-camera, says an ethnic slur)

(Lester draws Hillary about to fall off a cliff, saying "ha, he should've known to emails the Benghazi with the server emails also emails")

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

Why do political cartoons have GIGANTIC newspapers? I know Lester isn't the only one guilty of this. JRRose! comes to mind.

Edit: Beaten.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Disproportionate Orphan posted:

Why do political cartoons have GIGANTIC newspapers? I know Lester isn't the only one guilty of this. JRRose! comes to mind.

It's not even accurate. Outside of Comey and Scaramucci, none of those people were actually fired by Trump.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Disproportionate Orphan posted:

Drawing the scene with a reasonably sized newspaper while still using it to convey this-is-the-news-I'm-joking-about would also mean putting a lot more effort into the scene construction and the characters, because the viewpoint would have to be much closer.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Kirschen posted:

Another threat we're going to have to fight against?.
Labels: emoji, Kim Jung Un, North Korea

Kirschen posted:

Another dragon that threatens the world?
The Asian dragon is different than the European version. It appears in various Asian mythologies. Chinese, Vietnamese, Indian, and others. The Korean Dragon is a kind of bearded serpent which is shown holding powerful magical orbs in its four-toed claws. I figure that today’s North Korean Dragon’s four-toed claws are clutching nukes!

Labels: dragon, Kim Jong Un, North Korea, Nukes

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

:hereiam: ?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Zivilyn Bane posted:

Furries getting some attention from the politoonists lately. Rogers seems a bit more neutral though.
Well with Pittsburgh that's where Anthrocon where the city has for the most part embraced them coming every year, especially from old people and middle age house wives who just think its people who like to dress up like cartoon animals.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

That cartoon loving sucks and makes no sense, and JRRose! mostly makes talking head cartoons, but exposition is hard and I'm willing to give cartoonists a pass for using a cliche. The rest of the cartoon had better do some lifting, though. No, Uncle Sam facepalming is not a strong enough visual to carry a "headline exposits current event" cartoon.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Abyssal Squid posted:

That cartoon loving sucks and makes no sense, and JRRose! mostly makes talking head cartoons, but exposition is hard and I'm willing to give cartoonists a pass for using a cliche. The rest of the cartoon had better do some lifting, though. No, Uncle Sam facepalming is not a strong enough visual to carry a "headline exposits current event" cartoon.

Politoons 2017: That Cartoon loving Sucks and Makes no Sense.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Asian, therefore yellow skin

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Jay Rust posted:

Asian, therefore yellow skin

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

achillesforever6 posted:

Well with Pittsburgh that's where Anthrocon where the city has for the most part embraced them coming every year, especially from old people and middle age house wives who just think its people who like to dress up like cartoon animals.

And spend a shitload of money. I think it's somewhere like, at least a few million? Almost 40mil from 06 - 14. http://triblive.com/news/allegheny/10706861-74/furries-anthrocon-pittsburgh

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

I wonder how happy Kirschen would be if we started drawing Jews in the typically stereotyped way they have been drawn (by anti-Semites) in the past? I guess self-awareness was his dump stat.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
So you may remember a couple of weeks ago when this website posted an article on Ted Rall's SLAPP lawsuit against well, more groups than I can remember. It took him a few weeks but yesterday he finally replied:

Here's Arnie's response:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah that was my first thought after remembering that Rogers is from Pittsburgh. When your city hosts the biggest furry convention in the world for 20 years, furries'll get noticed by people I assume otherwise probably wouldn't be aware.

Why does he suddenly look so concerned in the second panel?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I can't find it, but I think there's also one where in addition to the squinting yellow faces, he draws all the Chinese people in loving coolie hats. And it's supposed to be a favorable portrayal.

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Aug 3, 2017

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

This is basically a non-ironic Wonder Showzen sketch.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

:allbuttons:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Freedom...bad?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

I think that what Mr. Fish is trying to say is that while culturally we're advancing, eventually the progressives will lose power and all that will be left are the apes Trump supporters.

That may be overly generous, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I assumed it was just a standard "Protesting won't stop Trump from destroying things, unlike my valuable work drawing cartoons adding walls of text to Photoshop filtered images!"

• Locked thread