Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dexo posted:

Oh I have no doubts about the validity of it. I take issue with people blaming Kyrie when he asked for a trade "the right way", rather than airing poo poo out in the media, as if he's the one that told loving Windhorst he is asking for a trade because he's a big baby that was jealous of how kawaii Lebron is.

Mostly someone else leaking poo poo that you said behind the scenes and didn't make public leads to people saying poo poo like

Agreed. I am ragging on Kyrie for what he wants more than anything. I want to be traded from a contender that has already gone all in, I only want to go to these teams but I won't commit to anybody. Congrats dude, you'll end up getting nothing and have a really awkward year in front of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lockback posted:

Agreed. I am ragging on Kyrie for what he wants more than anything. I want to be traded from a contender that has already gone all in, I only want to go to these teams but I won't commit to anybody. Congrats dude, you'll end up getting nothing and have a really awkward year in front of you.

He has 2 years left on his deal what sense does it make for him on his first non rookie extension to commit somewhere, most other "stars" after their first extension play the field and get wined and dined to figure out where they want to continue their career.

And the Cavs haven't gone all in. Dan Gilbert's cheap rear end didn't want to pay the GM that managed to put together the championship team by making trades and aquisitions​ with minimal cap room and assets.

But mostly it comes down to this if you aren't happy at a job or in your current situation for whatever reason you shouldn't be seriously looked down upon for wanting a change of scenery. Despite how others may think "OMG you have the perfect job and situation, why would you leave" players are humans and thus act on their sometimes logical sometimes illogical thoughts and emotions.

Like make jokes about Kyrie leaving and poo poo those can be funny but like don't seriously disparage a guy for saying he just isn't feeling it in his current job and wants out.

I mean unless you are a legit Cavs fan. Then you have the green light to burn his jersey in the river.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Dwight is one wacky guy

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

WhyteRyce posted:

Dwight is one wacky guy

With Dwight you take the wins where you can. At least she's not a 16 year old high schooler.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

TheKevman posted:

Haha no I was referencing that drink poll if you happened to fill it out, I was sleuthing my way down the list

But yeah, I have a friend that works there and she says the pairings they do are interesting, that you can give them a budget that you'd like to keep it within and they can accommodate or they have a preset pairing list at like $95/person? Something like that, can't remember.

She also said she served Pop and the Spurs there once and that he tries to make a trip when he can when he's got time out here in between games.

Their wine list is filthy good.

I went there not long after their cellar got robbed. I forget how many bottles he said they had stolen but it was relatively few and it came out to some comically large total of cash.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
gently caress me for scrolling the thread today, now I gotta find a place to buy Vernors in the south.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

Should have used your voice connection to have your woman read back NBA Rumors.

"What's it say about Brandon Rush? Hmmmmm. Can you read that back again?"

That's so wise

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dexo posted:

With Dwight you take the wins where you can. At least she's not a 16 year old high schooler.

i was gonna replace all andy's with dwight heads but i cant find a good profile picture of the back of dwight's head

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
This owns https://twitter.com/SInow/status/893128359378661376

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

That is really cool. I enjoy watching WNBA games, and the League Pass was only like $6.99... for the entire season.

edit:

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Aug 3, 2017

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

The new working out with Hakeem

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Time posted:

The new working out with Hakeem

the European working out with Hakeem

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

I'm glad they finally got to workout together. Dirk's shorts own.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

CJ McCollum and Embiid were at this workout too.

I recognize those shorts

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

WhyteRyce posted:

Dwight is one wacky guy

Just a less powerful version of KD's shirt

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

aBagorn posted:

CJ McCollum and Embiid were at this workout too.

I recognize those shorts

I owned them in 1991

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Intruder posted:

Just a less powerful version of KD's shirt

Both of which can't even compare to Jimmy Butler's:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Libertine posted:

Both of which can't even compare to Jimmy Butler's:

:smith: Jimmy

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Is Jimmy rebuttled?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/Timberwolves/status/893143874931118081

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Ray Allen went to Auschwitz and managed to avoid subtweeting Rajon Rondo
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/ray-allen-why-i-went-to-auschwitz/

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

this is so good

all of their renovation videos have been

pasting Jimmy and Teague pictures over Zach (:smith:) and Dunn in the intro is hilarious

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/poundingtherock/status/893202059268411392

Jordan is wise.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hopefully it has some past teams and I can play as Lauren Jackson.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
By two way player he meant that he can play basketball and has a good poker face.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

More like Jordan knows who is signed with Nike.

(hes right though)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

LOL. Jordan really doesn't like LeBron now that more people have put him in the convo of better than him.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Jordan knows, now is the time to strike Lebron.

I admire him more every day.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Spacebump posted:

LOL. Jordan really doesn't like LeBron now that more people have put him in the convo of better than him.

I mean Kawhi probably is a better two way player now that LeBron doesn't play particularly great defense anymore outside of the occasional burst of effort.

On the other hand Jordan always praising Kobe over LeBron is definitely entirely about him trying to knock LeBron because he's mad anyone might think LeBron is better than he was. Kobe was basically Jordan cosplay so he can safely praise him knowing that no one will ever seriously try to argue that Kobe was better.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Henchman of Santa posted:

Ray Allen went to Auschwitz and managed to avoid subtweeting Rajon Rondo
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/ray-allen-why-i-went-to-auschwitz/

quote:

When I returned home to America, I got some very disheartening messages directed toward me on social media regarding my trip. Some people didn’t like the fact that I was going to Poland to raise awareness for the issues that happened there and not using that time or energy to support people in the black community.

man gently caress the internet

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

chunkles posted:

man gently caress the internet

In the grand scheme of disheartening internet messages regarding the Holocaust, those aren't too bad

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

WhyteRyce posted:

Dwight is one wacky guy

Sweatpants in public imply trouble bending and twisting
sorry Charlotte

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Dwight is 100% the dude that brags about how smart he is for wearing sweatpants to a strip club

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Dejan Bimble posted:

sorry Charlotte

it implies the man values comfort. catch me in my sweatjoggers lookin streat

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

sorry Charlotte

*sigh*

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Brolander posted:

it implies the man values comfort. catch me in my sweatjoggers lookin streat

Joggers say "I've recently gained weight but plan on losing it thank you for your concern"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Those are ten thousand dollar sweatpants

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
If i was rich itd be sweatpants and joggers all day errday

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I'd basically be that one rich rear end in a top hat who's courtside on every nationally televised NBA game and wears ridiculous fake cowboy outfits. Marlins Guy ain't got poo poo on that dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Shear Modulus posted:

I'd basically be that one rich rear end in a top hat who's courtside on every nationally televised NBA game and wears ridiculous fake cowboy outfits. Marlins Guy ain't got poo poo on that dude.

howdy I'm the sheriff of sweet dunks

• Locked thread