Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Theophany posted:

It's kind of like the danger zone, but more petulant and breathy.

quote:

Revvin' up your engine
Listen to the crowd's booing roar
Hairline under tension
Beggin' you to just quit and go
Highway to the #megazone
Ride into the #megazone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Halo14 posted:

McHonda, a missed opportunity.

McDonald's McLaren Honda has a pretty solid ring to it...

#megamistake #megaregrets

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

:five:

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

I lost it at 'hairline under tension'

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

track day bro! posted:

those are some good hashtags

#spunMR2

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
"Water is wet" says Haas boss

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

iospace posted:

#spunMR2

I can't believe a mod is allowed to own me like this, it should be illegal.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wuffles posted:

I lost it at 'hairline under tension'

That's Gold Jerry, Gold.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So, someone got a hold of one of Manor's intercoolers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS47125tUzk

And we get to benefit by seeing what's inside them.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

track day bro! posted:

I can't believe a mod is allowed to own me like this, it should be illegal.

It's god drat slander and also a myth. Also, all mid-engine cars suffer from it to a degree, don't abruptly lift off the throttle mid turn you dinguses.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Well his avatar says "The MR2 Spinner" :shrug:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Mods please change my avatar text to the Scirocco spinner.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

They are discussing in the MotoGP press conference how this is probably the greatest championship ever. What a time to be alive.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

Mods please change my avatar text to the Scirocco spinner.

How many times did you spin it?

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Supra spinner please

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

iospace posted:

How many times did you spin it?

If you don't count ice rallycross probably three or four times. I just remember laughing whenever it did happen.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

CratSock posted:

McDonald's McLaren Honda has a pretty solid ring to it...

Baa--da-ba ba ba I'm retirin' it

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wuffles posted:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

wuffles posted:

:vince:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I wanna say, new thread title next time the McHonda shits itself.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Tsaedje posted:

Actual graphic from a BBC Sport article

What a silly graphic. Palmer should be where Lewis is, and Lewis straight in the middle of the #megazone.

Also, Vettel should be like 4 levels below "good" with Bottas and Rosberg.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

poty posted:

What a silly graphic. Palmer should be where Lewis is, and Lewis straight in the middle of the #megazone.

What do you expect with BBC and their pro-EU bias?

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

wuffles posted:

Immediately followed by the classic *CLUNK CRASH BOI-OI-OI-OI-OING* sound effect.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Tsaedje posted:

Actual graphic from a BBC Sport article

I realise this is a few pages old now, but a good driver with good weight could probably come in, nick the kube and hit Hamilton off of bottas out the back of the house. Obviously try and leave Alonso second shot. I'm assuming kmag and hulk are out front guarding though. Palmer probably hogged it, and stroll fell over coming out of the hack.

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Aug 3, 2017

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

poty posted:

Jolyon Palmer is the WDC this thread deserves. He is easily the most consistent driver on the grid.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Someone more senior in the team must've seen it because it's not in the article anymore

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/131108/details-of-f1-2017-new-career-mode-revealed

this is good, bad? someone has played the latest f1 games or they are poo poo like the wwe ones?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

The 2016 game was good again. Looks like they are just building on that with 2017

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/131108/details-of-f1-2017-new-career-mode-revealed

this is good, bad? someone has played the latest f1 games or they are poo poo like the wwe ones?

Potentially good but possibly just more tedium once the initial "wow this is cool" factor wears off after your first career season.

F1 2016's R&D and practice modes were pretty fun for the first season and a half but after doing the same tedious tests and targets overa nd over and over again and the horrible "paddock office" where these creepy looking agents and R&D guy gives you a bullshit just slowed everything down. It's very superficial.

Just make that poo poo into a snazzy menu.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I love how on the game's twitter banner, they have all the drivers looking serious...

And then there's Dan with a huge rear end grin, like he does.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wirth1000 posted:

Potentially good but possibly just more tedium once the initial "wow this is cool" factor wears off after your first career season.

F1 2016's R&D and practice modes were pretty fun for the first season and a half but after doing the same tedious tests and targets overa nd over and over again and the horrible "paddock office" where these creepy looking agents and R&D guy gives you a bullshit just slowed everything down. It's very superficial.

Just make that poo poo into a snazzy menu.

there is a sense of progression starting with sauber and finally signing with scuderia ferrari or not?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

there is a sense of progression starting with sauber and finally signing with scuderia ferrari or not?

In F1 2016 and the prior games that introduced "new parts yay make car go fast" you could stick it out with Manor or whatever and slowly work your way up the grid cause at least in prior games the other teams would have static development.

In 2016 it did seem like the other teams also had development curves along with yours. But, yes, there is a slight sense of progress because you can only sign with the poo poo to mid-to-poo poo teams then as the seasons go on depending on how you're doing you can get offered contracts for teams higher up than you.

But, at least for me, all that really entailed was a reskin of the paddock and different shirts on the exact same people like your R&D guy. Obviously the car is different but it wasn't that big of a leap feeling up the grid cause of the rapid car development you could pull off by just taking part in all the tests during the practice sessions.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Tsaedje posted:

Someone more senior in the team must've seen it because it's not in the article anymore

They probably got mad that somebody dared to praise Our Lewis. It goes against everything the BBC stands for. I assume the Brave Lion rebel responsible for the graphic has been fired, but I hope (s)he's at least physically safe.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I had a good time in F1 2016 getting nando and I constructors and drivers championship.

I played on Pro and it took 2 seasons. Mostly cuz I hosed up a couple races my first season.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wirth1000 posted:

In F1 2016 and the prior games that introduced "new parts yay make car go fast" you could stick it out with Manor or whatever and slowly work your way up the grid cause at least in prior games the other teams would have static development.

In 2016 it did seem like the other teams also had development curves along with yours. But, yes, there is a slight sense of progress because you can only sign with the poo poo to mid-to-poo poo teams then as the seasons go on depending on how you're doing you can get offered contracts for teams higher up than you.

But, at least for me, all that really entailed was a reskin of the paddock and different shirts on the exact same people like your R&D guy. Obviously the car is different but it wasn't that big of a leap feeling up the grid cause of the rapid car development you could pull off by just taking part in all the tests during the practice sessions.

thats a shame

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

ilmucche posted:

I realise this is a few pages old now, but a good driver with good weight could probably come in, nick the kube and hit Hamilton off of bottas out the back of the house. Obviously try and leave Alonso second shot. I'm assuming kmag and hulk are out front guarding though. Palmer probably hogged it, and stroll fell over coming out of the hack.

:canada: :golfclap:

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
With a thinner cut you could take out Hamilton and Vettel and avoid accidentally hitting Alonso

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Shut the gently caress up about video games and read this good as hell post.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Really surprised the thread title isn't "welcome to the Megazone"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

dentist toy box posted:

Really surprised the thread title isn't "welcome to the Megazone"

"Alonso on the button"

I really like curling, guys

• Locked thread