Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Not a Children posted:

These fuckin' weirdos aren't going to do poo poo no matter what happens

Hard to do stuff when your mom has to drop you off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
edit: beaten

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

I once read an article that said that people who post about doing things online are less likely to accomplish that goal because talking about it and getting karma/likes/upvotes/farts give you the same satisfaction as having actually done it and thus your motivation is gone. Is there a word for this effect?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

JailTrump posted:

I too think members of the left bitching about currently sitting Senators when we need everyone to stop a literal fascist is a good use of our time!

What a bunch of loving retards.

there are people who don't really care about reality, they just care about being self-righteous and there's no better way to be self-righteous than attack your own side to minimize the righteous (making your position as righteous even more impressive), and while this is a very small minority the internet has a habit of giving the biggest megaphone to the biggest idiots

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

evilweasel posted:

what the gently caress does "corncob" even mean, am i so old i dont even know what slurs the kids are using these days

https://twitter.com/karengeier/status/890980070491385856

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

AbsolutelySane posted:

I'm not sure why this idea is so far fetched. The leaks have been ongoing for a while now and quite a few seem to be from insiders, not rank and file staffers. None of those insiders are Obama holdovers. This is how Trump runs his company, too. He encourages competition and cutthroat tactics from his people. Is it really all that surprising that he's getting it? None of these guys have any real sense of loyalty except to their pet causes, Bannon in particular (with the exception of the Generals, who I don't believe are behind any leaks).
The "this is to get Gen. Kelly fired" stuff was the part I was contesting, not that they are Trump hires. :)

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Kamala Harris, Tom Perez, and Brian Schweitzer probably hold records for quickest turnaround from "Progressive Hero - run for President!" to "Neo-Liberal slave to finance" on Liberal twitter.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Mortanis posted:

Normally wouldn't post about T_D, but drat if some of the responses aren't... disturbing.

Millions of people would sit at home and cry conspiracy on their safe spaces. I'm sure a couple people would try something, though... and probably get promptly killed by the police.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

evilweasel posted:

what the gently caress does "corncob" even mean, am i so old i dont even know what slurs the kids are using these days

It's from a dril tweet

https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mortanis posted:

Normally wouldn't post about T_D, but drat if some of the responses aren't... disturbing.

Hahah, so what they actually gonna do, burn down the nearest KFC after president lard-rear end inevitably dies of a heart attack.

Fortunately the comforting bubble of delusional power-fantasies will usually burst the second it comes in contact with reality.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Please do not post wank-fantasies here, take it to the Trump After Dark thread.

These are the same people who spend every night oiling their AR-15s and praying that someone breaks in, nothing will come of it.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Also calling Kamala Harris a 'centrist corncob' in reference to that dril tweet doesn't even make sense. This entire thing is just one long eyeroll.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Al Giordano seems extremely dumb.

Paracaidas posted:

collegiate admissions process
This is a really great post, thanks.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Zero_Grade posted:

Al Giordano seems extremely dumb.

This is a really great post, thanks.

Albert Cassius Giordino is a fictional character in a series of adventure novels by Clive Cussler; he first appears in The Mediterranean Caper (published in 1973). He is described as being of Italian ancestry, 5'4" in height, 175 lb, with dark curly hair, swarthy skin, dark Etruscan eyes, and a Roman nose. He does not have an ounce of fat on his body and is stocky and strong. Cussler often describes him as the 'burly Italian'. One noticeable disfigurement on Giordino is the missing pinky finger on his right hand.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Fangz posted:

Also calling Kamala Harris a 'centrist corncob' in reference to that dril tweet doesn't even make sense. This entire thing is just one long eyeroll.

The whole point is that she's a do-nothing centrist who is going to lose to Donald Trump because she is incapable of presenting policies people actually want.

The left is p much done with putting up with the centrists and is Tea Partying them with no mercy.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Most of them are insufferable pieces of pretentious poo poo who get mad at everyone and everything, gently caress them and if this is the end result for the dnc then gently caress that poo poo. I am not defending this poo poo. Kriss seems like dickhead who wants loving newspeak because he read linguistic papers in his second semester of college.

Kriss is clearly taking the piss out of them all.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Zapf Dingbat posted:

Hey y'all remember on Futurama where bender was the Pharaoh and he made everyone's life miserable, and they did everything he asked them to, and he became an even bigger jerk, and then even his lovely underlings were like "gently caress this throw him in the garbage. Don't even try to make up a plausible excuse."

How far are we from that?

We're not even to the giant statue that blasts out "REMEMBER ME" yet

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

Taerkar posted:

Time to start an online rumor about how Kelly is already working to undermine Donald's authority.

Way ahead of you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwMUyzoP8Ms

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Fangz posted:

Christ, do we have to turn every random dumb statement on twitter into another civil war?

Fangz posted:

We need to reconcile ourselves to the fact that people on the same side as us are going to have dumb views and make dumb statements and not reflexively make a deal of this.

All I see are people laughing at a corn cob.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/893138528019726337

Hmmmmmmmmmm

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Zapf Dingbat posted:

Hey y'all remember on Futurama where bender was the Pharaoh and he made everyone's life miserable, and they did everything he asked them to, and he became an even bigger jerk, and then even his lovely underlings were like "gently caress this throw him in the garbage. Don't even try to make up a plausible excuse."

How far are we from that?

Ever since I saw Birds Rights Activist I think this is how pussy grabber talks.

TRUMP
L ICKS BUTT!

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

FuturePastNow posted:

We're not even to the giant statue that blasts out "REMEMBER ME" yet

I believe that will be the wall

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
These slow news days suck for this thread.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

After the Mexico/Australia transcripts and the Russia tweet, I think I'm done gaping in awe about the latest thing that Trump said or did.

He can't go any lower. Nothing would surprise me. He could call Mexico and order a Gordita Crunchwrap, or he could tweet that Putin should rule America and it absolutely 100% would not surprise me. I'm not being hyperbolic. There's no more surprise or awe at what he does, it's all boring now. He's an idiot fucker who loves Russia and doesn't give a poo poo about America. Old news from now on.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Gaunab posted:

These slow news days suck for this thread.

there was an unprecedented leak of two of trump's convos with foreign leaders that made abundantly clear he is a tremendous idiot in private too

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Maximum chaos option pls.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Tangentally related to that video but why am I not surprised that the doctors or whatever that Trump gets to speak for him are the douchebags that wear lab coats everywhere.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Pollyanna posted:

Maximum chaos option pls.

its probably ending csr subsidies

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Boon posted:

Yeah, I should have stated compensation (benefits) - which I guess are pretty good.

That said I don't know and am working on heresay.

They offer health insurance apparently, but at least according to that article the actual wages for these jobs are very low. The high-end of the scale given is $13/hour, which is actually on the low side for warehouse work. Warehouse jobs can be pretty awful and even lovely companies tend to offer at least slightly better than retail wages so that people have any reason at all to stick around.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

evilweasel posted:

there was an unprecedented leak of two of trump's convos with foreign leaders that made abundantly clear he is a tremendous idiot in private too

Not that exciting really, just an escalation of what already happens.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Trump is canceling the tv show csi

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

evilweasel posted:

its probably ending csr subsidies

Yup, pretty much this

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

I once read an article that said that people who post about doing things online are less likely to accomplish that goal because talking about it and getting karma/likes/upvotes/farts give you the same satisfaction as having actually done it and thus your motivation is gone. Is there a word for this effect?
Virtue signaling?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

When does this rally take place?

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

WH: "Ok, so the RAISE Act announcement fell flat. What else do we got?"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Krispy Kareem posted:

I really like how he asks the Australian President to say hello to Greg Norman for him. Like the President of Australia is likely to just bump into him. I'm not sure if Norman even lives in Australia anymore.

I don't think he's lived here since 1993!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
is he making another boy scout speech

Fangthane
May 16, 2007
Be true, Unbeliever.

I once heard it called "slacktivism".

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

personally i get zero satisfaction from the internet. none. none at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Got a hole in one on every hole his first day of vacation!

• Locked thread