Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Zark the Damned posted:

On the turn you charge you can only allocate attacks against a unit that you charged this turn. You can consolidate into other units, but can't hit them because you didn't charge them.

Yep. To really take advantage of it you're going to have to multi-charge into a pile of stuff at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

TheChirurgeon posted:

The collar of Bhorghaster
https://17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/40kLegionFocus_WorldEaters_Image7kzx.jpg

Basically lets you Deny the Witch, but if you get a successful denial, the psyker auto-perilses

Oh poo poo, that's awesome.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Corrode posted:

Yep. To really take advantage of it you're going to have to multi-charge into a pile of stuff at once.

Which is pretty self balancing. To take advantage of all the fight phases you'll need to take a lot of overwatch fire, which seems fair.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
So I picked up an Avenger Strike Fighter. Guess who has 2 left wing tips and no right wingtip? So far no reply to my email.

I also found out the hard way that no one should ever order from modelsandminis.com. I ordered some stuff from the guy back in early June and they still haven't arrived. I was told twice back in early July that my order was done and would be mailed that day. Then the guy stopped replying to my emails, and wouldn't respond to me until I publically called him out on Facebook. He then lied to me about having sent me a Facebook message that there is noo record of. Apparently this is par for the course for him. One guy didn't get his stuff shipped until he disputed it 4 months later. Another guy had to wait 8 months for his order.

Oh well, hopefully I will get my order soon now that I have made a stink about it.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
Any DC/MD/VA goons want to get a game in this Saturday?

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

I loved the "There are only supposed to be a few dozen traitor marines left, so this means we have inflicted an amazing 6000% casualties!"

I thought this was better.

I’ve seen skull-faced warriors tear men limb from limb and use horrific terror tactics, hundreds of human soldiers driven like a living shield before our guns, and whole regiments forced back by rippling waves of psychic force. Luckily, we were relieved before long by a combined force of Reivers, Conscripts, and Wyrdvane Psykers from the Adeptus Astra Telepathica

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Huh. Warhammer 40,000 over on facebook just posted this teaser video, which shows this image fading in then out.

That's for sure Mortarion, right?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

jadebullet posted:

So I picked up an Avenger Strike Fighter. Guess who has 2 left wing tips and no right wingtip? So far no reply to my email.

They can take a few days to answer via email.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Zuul the Cat posted:

Huh. Warhammer 40,000 over on facebook just posted this teaser video, which shows this image fading in then out.

More likely the Necromunda remake they've been teasing.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
^^^Or that^^^

Zuul the Cat posted:

Looks more like some sort of variation of AdMech, especially with the sparks and machine noises. Mortarion wouldn't keep the Imperial Eagle.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So I found out Richmond has a warhammer store, neat. Never been in an official GW store before. Gonna check it out once I move there in a few months.

Edit: New konor is out, it's a kill point mission where you get double points for getting kills with units that have an unmodified save of 2+ or 3+.

I guess they're twisting the knife of xenos relevancy.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Aug 3, 2017

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
They announced on facebook that the Imperium won last week, and people are super salty about Space Marines having a codex while Chaos don't. The replies from whoever is running the Warhammer 40,000 page are gold.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
ha, that is great. I ain't even mad about Chaos losing

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Local GW posted scores for last week and it was something like 20 Imperium, 12 Xenos and FOUR Chaos. I'm never gonna see Macragge fall :smith:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Zuul the Cat posted:

Someone on FB suggested Steel Legion, which I'm inclined to believe. The skull looks gas mask-y, the industrial feel of the tease, and Armageddon Steel Legion was the only faction in SWA that isn't yet out in plastic.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Steel Legion would be cool but them being a thing again will increase the people assuming that's what my Guard are by 1000%

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Plastic Steel Legion would not be good for my budget. I've barely been resisting the urge to start a Guard army for years and this might well be the thing that pushes me over the edge...

What I would *really* like to see are plastic Valhallans though. That could be an incredible looking army.

Pendent fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Aug 3, 2017

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Bombogenesis posted:

Local GW posted scores for last week and it was something like 20 Imperium, 12 Xenos and FOUR Chaos. I'm never gonna see Macragge fall :smith:

You were literally never going to see macragge fall? We're fighting over Konor.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Pendent posted:

What I would *really* like to see are plastic Valhallans though. That could be an incredible looking army.

If you don't mind third party, I'd love to see what Cadian arms look like on Warlord's winter Soviets...

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Played in a great game against BuffaloChicken during his hamslam weekend with my Black Templars vs. his Genestealer Cult, 1500 points.

Deployment, objectives were in the central hill, central temple, far right temple and far left temple

Crusaders eye the objective

As do the tactical squad

The corrupted guardsmen of the Genestealer Cult defend their spotter tower and triceratops (counts as earthshaker battery and manticore)

The cultists in hiding

Sneaky gits

The Templar line

Assault Marines drop in! They fail their charge

Their quarry fires a storm eagle rocket in overwatch, doing little

Marines advance and take the center

Cultists ambush the assault marines!

And they brought friends...

A Primaris psyker and corrupted guardsmen take the center hill objective

The battlefield at the end of turn 2

The stealers hit hard!

Terminators arrive!

And they eye their prey...

Crusaders defend the temple

The Terminators charge the spotter tower as the rockgrinder prepares to ram the crusaders

They make the charge! Unfortunately, they leave the Chaplain behind

Tactical Marines get stuck in on the central hill, clearing out the guardsmen

Cultist command comes to take the hill back

While some degenerate mutants charge the chaplain, who failed to join his assault terminators

Crusaders fall back on the temple objective

Sword brethren clear some stormtroopers off the right temple objective, crusaders hold the central temple objective, the hill is contested by assault terminators and genestealers, and the left flank objective has a rapidly moving triceratops running for it

Out of missiles, he runs!

Sword brethren defend their prize

Dreadnought gets stuck in, but escaping Genestealers take the objective from behind him

A rhino comes and helps the Chaplain! At game's end, Templars hold two objectives, plus bonus points for first blood, slay the warlord, and linebreaker. Victory to the Black Templars!

Not pictured:
- My Dreadnought's arms, as they're not painted yet
- The Emperor's Champion getting punked by a mining laser and krak grenade in overwatch
- BuffaloChicken dressing up like a Catachan and opening beers with a machete all weekend

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If they make plastic steel legion, I might have to start a Guard army.

SRM posted:

- BuffaloChicken dressing up like a Catachan and opening beers with a machete all weekend

You can't tell us that and not have a picture of it.

What a great battle report. Two really good looking armies and an awesome table.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SRM posted:

Zuul the Cat posted:

You can't tell us that and not have a picture of it.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

More likely the Necromunda remake they've been teasing.

Are they seriously re-releasing Necromunda?! I can finally bring out my old redeemers and repaint them cause as my first models they're ugly as sin?! I really hope this is a real thing, small skirmish games like it, Shadow War and Mordheim have always been my favorite part of 40k.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Cainer posted:

Are they seriously re-releasing Necromunda?! I can finally bring out my old redeemers and repaint them cause as my first models they're ugly as sin?! I really hope this is a real thing, small skirmish games like it, Shadow War and Mordheim have always been my favorite part of 40k.

They've only teased it occasionally. Maybe just joking. Wait And See (tm).

Anyway, SRM, your Black Templars always look amazing.

And agreed on the "plastic Steel Legion will be bad for my bank balance".

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

And agreed on the "plastic Steel Legion will be bad for my bank balance".

:same:
I just know if it turns out to be true I'll end up buying like one or two boxes have alongside my Kriegers.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
Been absent since 6th Edition, I just assumed the Shadow War thingy that appeared on the store since then was the "New Necromunda" so they could reuse the existing 40k minis.

Finished the Ancient from Dark Imperium

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Cainer posted:

I was at a GW store and someone from the 'eavy metal crew stated necromunda was an upcoming thing. Not sure if he wasn't trolling though.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Extra funny to me if Necromunda comes back considering I just dumped a ton of Redemptionists and the full range of Ratskins on Ebay for a cupola monies

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

moths posted:

Someone on FB suggested Steel Legion, which I'm inclined to believe. The skull looks gas mask-y, the industrial feel of the tease, and Armageddon Steel Legion was the only faction in SWA that isn't yet out in plastic.

Don't forget the preview pic from a week or so ago that was clearly the muzzle of a plastic las weapon of some kind.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I am excited for all the young bucks out there today with their snap together primaris Marines and wacky Plague Marines to reach a certain age. As they begin raising a family, that slide into button colors and period appropriate uniforms will inevitably begin. Then they will find the purest hobby calling.

Future Space Historicals
it me

Pendent posted:

Plastic Steel Legion would not be good for my budget. I've barely been resisting the urge to start a Guard army for years and this might well be the thing that pushes me over the edge...

I don't even want to think how many plastic Guardsmen from the cooler regiments I'd buy, goddang.

richyp posted:

Been absent since 6th Edition, I just assumed the Shadow War thingy that appeared on the store since then was the "New Necromunda" so they could reuse the existing 40k minis.

Finished the Ancient from Dark Imperium

God drat that's hot, glad to see you back duder.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

moths posted:

Death Korps also seems very possible.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Cythereal posted:

Cannibalizing forge world sales seems bad.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Nah, they wouldn't take away Forge World sales like that. If we're getting plastic greatcoat IG, it'll be Steel Legion.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Can't help but feel the allusions to Necromunda in WD were referring to that video game adaptation they announced a year ago.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

SteelMentor posted:

Can't help but feel the allusions to Necromunda in WD were referring to that video game adaptation they announced a year ago.

Man I hope not, especially if it's anything like the Mordheim pc game.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
Start Collecting Astra Militarum is no longer available. Is that a recent development and related to the new lasgun image?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Cainer posted:

Man I hope not, especially if it's anything like the Mordheim pc game.

It's the mordheim game reskinned. Same dev.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

chutche2 posted:

Despair. Oh well, maybe I can sucker some people into a Shadow War campaign next week.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

chutche2 posted:

gently caress. I was hoping for X-COM: Underhive Edition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

richyp posted:

Start Collecting Astra Militarum is no longer available. Is that a recent development and related to the new lasgun image?

I'd expect most boxes to start cycling in and out of availability as they update the rules inside.