Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

a cock shaped fruit posted:

People diss on Part 5 being poo poo and unwanted, but I would love a map that has sections of the trailer park, the hicks shack and the halfway house + other barn in it.

Man, Part 5 is legit awesome and possibly my favourite in the whole series. I feel like everything clicked perfectly in it and was firing on all cylinders. People just bitch because it wasn't really Jason, but gently caress them, Roy rules!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I still think Roy could be cool as a more "mortal" Jason-as in, he can do the stuff counselors do like open windows and stuff, but has really low stun resist or something like that to balance it out.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Phylodox posted:

People just bitch because it wasn't really Jason, but gently caress them, Roy rules!

Exactly.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

VolticSurge posted:

I still think Roy could be cool as a more "mortal" Jason-as in, he can do the stuff counselors do like open windows and stuff, but has really low stun resist or something like that to balance it out.

Pamela should be an even more extreme version of that. Have stalk always be on, let Pamela interact with objects, have her right click be install kill, but in return make her killable like all other humans.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

joepinetree posted:

Pamela should be an even more extreme version of that. Have stalk always be on, let Pamela interact with objects, have her right click be install kill, but in return make her killable like all other humans.

Pamela seems like she's going to be a nightmare to get right. Especially since she doesn't have the visceral look that Jason does.

At least with Roy, as someone suggested before, knocking his mask off could have an effect on how he plays from there out which could be interesting.

I feel like even though technically Jason 2/3 are "Human" It's still Jason and he still murders the gently caress out of a lot of people. Plus most people who maybe haven't seen those movies don't know Jason is kinda sorta human in those first few movies. He's not proper dead until part 6 opens and Tommy boy fucks everything up :science:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

joylessdivision posted:

Pamela seems like she's going to be a nightmare to get right. Especially since she doesn't have the visceral look that Jason does.

At least with Roy, as someone suggested before, knocking his mask off could have an effect on how he plays from there out which could be interesting.

I feel like even though technically Jason 2/3 are "Human" It's still Jason and he still murders the gently caress out of a lot of people. Plus most people who maybe haven't seen those movies don't know Jason is kinda sorta human in those first few movies. He's not proper dead until part 6 opens and Tommy boy fucks everything up :science:

I'm still a proponent of Pamela being a stealthy killer, able to sprint, crouch, hide in hiding spots, and climb through windows, in addition to some form of "always on" Stalk where her music at least doesn't play until she attacks.

One neat thing would be that not only could she use hiding spots, but attempting to enter a hiding spot she's already in would result in instant death. Also remove flare guns and shotguns from the map so nobody can just shoot her.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Pamela and Roy raise the question of what would they do if the counselors group up. That can be a handful for Jason, much less :airquote: mortal :airquote: killers

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm still a proponent of Pamela being a stealthy killer, able to sprint, crouch, hide in hiding spots, and climb through windows, in addition to some form of "always on" Stalk where her music at least doesn't play until she attacks.

One neat thing would be that not only could she use hiding spots, but attempting to enter a hiding spot she's already in would result in instant death. Also remove flare guns and shotguns from the map so nobody can just shoot her.

With removal of the shotgun, the angry old white woman has just one weakness, the one thing she fears the most:

A black dude.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'd love to see Pamela's stalk disguise her as another counselor's model instead, and have her icon show up on the minimap like a normal counselor. I'd just really love to see Pam become a full on stealth/finesse character to go with Jason's full on brute force style :allears:

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

Danaru posted:

I'd love to see Pamela's stalk disguise her as another counselor's model instead, and have her icon show up on the minimap like a normal counselor. I'd just really love to see Pam become a full on stealth/finesse character to go with Jason's full on brute force style :allears:

That could be interesting as you'd have to keep track of which counselors are being played and when/where you saw them last.

You'd have to change how deaths are represented on the scoreboard/players screen so that another player would need to either witness the death or find the body of that player for them show up as deceased.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I think a disguise mechanic would work as a one-time ability, comparable to a Tommy Jarvis call for the counselors. Pamela would have to kill a counselor away from the group, then use the ability which could hide the body and also hide their status on the scoreboard. But she can only stay disguised until she attacks and kills a counselor directly. But while disguised, maybe she could sabotage escape methods or even trap them. Like, if somebody tries for the phone box and messes up a prompt there could be an electric shock that does a ton of damage and knocks them out of the attempt. And of course she could also just do straightforward things like deliberately running the car into a tree.

The problem is of course that there's friendly fire. People are hurting and killing fellow counselors already, imagine how bad it's going to get if one of them is Pamela.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Imagine if Pamela could take a fixed car and just run over all the counselors.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

chitoryu12 posted:

You don't need Pamela to do this.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

chitoryu12 posted:

The the only way to counteract it would be to not let her drive cars... then it's like "Hey, why don't you want to drive this car? Are you a PAMELA?!"

Yeah guys, I just don't think disguising is an idea that would work as cool as it sounds in your head. Cool-sounding ideas don't always work when you try to put them into an actual game.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
In a random game last night someone came up with the idea that Chad and Lachappa's dads are old friends, and they've known each other since they were babies and are actually secretly really close. It's 100% canon for me now.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

CapnAndy posted:

In a random game last night someone came up with the idea that Chad and Lachappa's dads are old friends, and they've known each other since they were babies and are actually secretly really close. It's 100% canon for me now.

are you loving shipping these interchangeable character archetypes?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Motherfucker posted:

are you loving shipping these interchangeable character archetypes?

It's not really shipping if it's a bromance. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah the only shipping going on is me X the boat

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/Rontao13/status/892879062636544001

https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/893151554353504256

Oh my God I love these :allears:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Huh, whichever Jason we're getting next has a pitchfork.

Unless they're giving Savini Jason more kills?

Also that Part 2 Jason has torn clothes and a machete. That's interesting

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Burkion posted:

Huh, whichever Jason we're getting next has a pitchfork.

Unless they're giving Savini Jason more kills?

Also that Part 2 Jason has torn clothes and a machete. That's interesting

Looks like Part 7's body with Part 2's head, they imply in a response tweet that it's just a Frankenstein'd model for the mocap stuff. Could be using it to hide a new Jason while still being able to show off their rig publicly :v:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
They could just be giving weapon options to all Jasons with some new kills.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
C'mon, Knife-Jason...

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

That would be beautiful

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I hope so :allears: The machete's my favourite but it's also only on Part 7 right now

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh man, imagine if you could change how much damage a Jason did by giving him a different Jason's weapon

If Part 7 had Part 3's damage dealing, he might actually be a force to reckon with

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Burkion posted:

Oh man, imagine if you could change how much damage a Jason did by giving him a different Jason's weapon

If Part 7 had Part 3's damage dealing, he might actually be a force to reckon with

Part 3 with Part 8's destruction speed.

:gizz:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Give me silly interchangable weapon options and I will play the game forever. Let me be potato-bag Jason and beat counselors with a bag of potatoes. Let me smash down doors with a bowling pin. I don't give a poo poo if it wasn't in the movies.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
It's me, Weed-wacker Jason

*ominous tiny 2-stroke engine noises echo in the woods*

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

ChickenHeart posted:

Every time you do a weapon kill the screen turns black and the words "CENSORED BY THE ESRB" appear on screen.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

ChickenHeart posted:

That's a nice phone repair attempt you kids got there..... *LIGHTSABER ON SOUND*

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Jason's big red toothbrush from the NES game

GINGIVITIS ISN'T THE ONLY THING DYING TONIGHT

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Danaru posted:

Jason's big red toothbrush from the NES game

GINGIVITIS ISN'T THE ONLY THING DYING TONIGHT

I'm legit kinda bummed they didn't give the NES Jason's ax the bright red handle.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Oh man... imagine a completely customizable Jason slot. Mask, colors, clothes, weapons, abilities...

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

VolticSurge posted:

It's not really shipping if it's a bromance. Sorry to burst your bubble.

A bromance is a type of relationship. Valid ship. My bubble remains unburst you gently caress

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I'm thinking of making a Jason costume for Halloween. I'm between normal 3 or NES Jason. Which do you think will terrify trick or treaters more?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Regular Jason would probably be scarier, but NES Jason would be funnier.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Motherfucker posted:

A bromance is a type of relationship. Valid ship. My bubble remains unburst you gently caress

By that logic coworkers have a relationship, are you shipping me and Janet?

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Roland Jones posted:

Regular Jason would probably be scarier, but NES Jason would be funnier.

Hmmm. Maybe I'll do a 3 costume for Halloween but do NES for the convention I'm going to in January.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Inside Out Mom posted:

Hmmm. Maybe I'll do a 3 costume for Halloween but do NES for the convention I'm going to in January.

Don't forget the toothbrush.

• Locked thread