Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Nevvy Z posted:

The kill feed should only be broadcast in giant letters in the sky, for my immersion.
Fireworks.
That drop bombs.

Make the red-zone great again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

Nevvy Z posted:

The kill feed should only be broadcast in giant letters in the sky, for my immersion.

Fireworks that spell out the names of the deceased, every 5 minutes, a la the hunger games?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

OdinsBeard posted:

Having a kill feed is interesting but honestly, why even have one for third parties killing each other?
I don't think I'd miss it much, as long as we still have the player counter ticking down. This and an option to hide the session ID would probably go 90% of the way to stopping stream sniping, honestly, which would probably be worth it just to stop the whining on both sides.

e:

OdinsBeard posted:

Fireworks that spell out the names of the deceased, every 5 minutes, a la the hunger games?
This is also good.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Dyz posted:

So when you hear shots really close and the killfeed pops up right after you just assume it's a coincidence 100% of the time?

Uhh no? When did I say that? I said i haven't based decisions on the killfeed. Of course I've used it to learn that xyz player just died, but it's not something that usually changes my strategy. It matters most in the lategame, but my attention is usually spent trying to actually spot players and watching my flanks. In the scenario you described, I would check out the close shots regardless of the killfeed.

I don't think they should remove the feed, I just don't use it for info as much as I do in TF2 or Overwatch. I'm sure others do.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

This is the first game that I've ever watched a live stream of, and it's basically because Chocotaco is way better at the game than me so I can learn a ton in a situation where I am unable to play the game at that moment anyway. Streaming doesn't take the place of playing, it is in addition to it.

Grimmz and many of the others are total twats and need to be ignored until they disappear completely but it's not like the format is completely devoid of value.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Combat pants are a crate unlockable, do they actually add inventory space? I read on some wiki that they do but that would seem odd and is a clear advantage over every other clothing option.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
I think trying a mode without the kill feed or currently alive counter would be real interesting in the end game. Maybe even a mode that gets rid of all out of character info?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Popete posted:

Combat pants are a crate unlockable, do they actually add inventory space? I read on some wiki that they do but that would seem odd and is a clear advantage over every other clothing option.

No but they do increase your killing power.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Nevvy Z posted:

I want this

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

They could watch the stream to know the new name? Just have a twitter blue check mark system to hide from the global kill feed I guess.

The assumption is that people aren't actively looking for say a game that Grimmmz is in, but once they see him on the killfeed they fire up his stream.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Hackan Slash posted:

I think trying a mode without the kill feed or currently alive counter would be real interesting in the end game. Maybe even a mode that gets rid of all out of character info?

That sounds interesting to me, too.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

nobody did lol

source quote.

counterpoint: season 7 of got

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Lmao stairs are a loving death trap in FPP, they're like free kills if you're waiting at the top and someone comes up them because their camera is in their neck or whatever so you just dome them before they can even see you. If you're gonna go up stairs in FPP you may as well go up full speed and hope they just miss

Neon Belly posted:

The assumption is that people aren't actively looking for say a game that Grimmmz is in, but once they see him on the killfeed they fire up his stream.

Someone mentioned the idea for an option in to randomize the name in a killfeed for each kill which would create enough white noise in the feed that you wouldn't know you were in their game based on that info alone

They could also just run their feeds on a delay but then they couldn't jerk their followers off live so

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Aug 3, 2017

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

https://clips.twitch.tv/LaconicLitigiousQueleaJKanStyle

:thunk:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Ahahahahahahahaha

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I didn't even realize there was a report button in game. Is that new with this patch? Cause that is a really bad idea.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Died to a grenade...

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fargom posted:

Yeah I also question this. It's a design choice to give players the Meta information about who killed who with what gun, but i'm not sure it's needed in PUBG. I've used Killfeed info to decide when to push in TF2 or Overwatch, but I can't say for sure that there has been any decision I made in PUBG based on killfeed knowledge.

I guess the only answer is fun? Maybe people just like seeing the scroll.

Keep kill feed and also add in the unreal announcer for headshot kills, multi kills, squad wipes, etc.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

This bans the streamer.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

DrPlump posted:

Keep kill feed and also add in the unreal announcer for headshot kills, multi kills, squad wipes, etc.

This would be loving amazing.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

ban this fuckface

jvilmi
May 29, 2004

Haha I think that's 90% of cheating reports right there

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

If you report someone for intentional teamkill who isn't on your team it should auto-ban you for a week.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

At least place the dota2 feature of limiting the number of reports possible.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
lol if you're not just selling every loving crate you get right now, morons are buying them for $3+ bucks a pop.

edit: even funnier the miniskirt is selling for $500 with buy orders at $300 :psyduck:

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Aug 3, 2017

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
If you open a crate and don't take the Tommy Gun the crate should start rolling towards you Krash Bandicoot style.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

I was driving around pochinki and had a problem with my car , so I started honking the S.O.S (...---...) and what happened? People started shooting at me which is against the Geneva convention Article 3.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

I was driving around pochinki and had a problem with my car , so I started honking the S.O.S (...---...) and what happened? People started shooting at me which is against the Geneva convention Article 3.

Hope you reported them

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Also you are probably now banned from like 12 streams.

Quit stream sniping.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
crates must be a test server thing?

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Banned for inappropriate use of the tools provided.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The best thing about the horns is that they clearly bother Grimmmzzz by taking the seriousness out of the game. It is difficult to look hardcore when there is horns blaring in background randomly.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Party Plane Jones posted:

lol if you're not just selling every loving crate you get right now, morons are buying them for $3+ bucks a pop.

edit: even funnier the miniskirt is selling for $500 with buy orders at $300 :psyduck:

"The mini skirts he sold that day...formed the *foundation* of what we are today."

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

who to hate more, grimmz, pu or elon musk

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

an autistic trump voter

a serial (plate) glass door victim

or the paypal dude

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Dang I think I should have sold the rest of my preorder items. The shoes, pants, and shirt seem to be dropping now :(

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

an autistic trump voter

a serial (plate) glass door victim

or the paypal dude

p sure paypal dude is just a lost alien trying to get home

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Harminoff posted:

Dang I think I should have sold the rest of my preorder items. The shoes, pants, and shirt seem to be dropping now :(

If this is anything like TF2 one of those items will act as currency that form the backbone trading economy. Soon everything will be valued in how many red mini-skirts it is worth.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
First person is cool and more intense, but holy gently caress is the camera position terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fknlo posted:

First person is cool and more intense, but holy gently caress is the camera position terrible.

It is really bad for passengers in sidecar of the motorcycle. I almost got car sick watching Dr Disrespect get driven someplace in FPS server.

• Locked thread