Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

please dont summon that which must not be named

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm Rasputin.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ytlaya posted:

To be fair, it's pretty obvious that the Democratic Party is specifically looking for a PoC candidate in an attempt to replicate the success of Obama. Like, the main two people who come to mind when thinking of "obvious Democratic presidential hopefuls" are Cory Booker and Kamala Harris (and the thing with Deval Patrick just came up recently). So if the Democratic Party specifically targets PoC politicians as presidential hopefuls, it's not much of a coincidence that those are the same people who are going to receive focus from the left.

There are people in the party (black and white) who really do think that black people will only turn out to vote for a black person. Sadly right now most PoC politicians trend pretty close to the center because it's already hard enough to run for officer when your non-white and non-white leftist is uh, a big up hill battle electorally

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Supporting mass incarceration and the drug war sure is an odd way of "prioritizing racial justice." Also, seizing people's assets without ever charging them with a crime! Sounds like racial justice to me.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-01/kamala-harris-being-aggressively-manufactured-2020-wealthy-clinton-donors

quote:

In an effort to fight criminal organizations, a newly proposed bill could give prosecutors the power to freeze illicit profits before filing criminal charges.

From drug-selling rings in Salinas’ Chinatown to corruption scandals with more than $10,000 at stake, the Assembly bill introduced Monday would allow prosecutors to seize assets before initiating criminal proceedings — a power only available at the federal-level — if there is a “substantial probability” they will file a criminal complaint.

The bill comes a month after U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder sharply limited a civil asset forfeiture program that had come under bipartisan scrutiny. A number of ideologically opposed groups, including American Civil Liberties Union, The Institute for Justice and Americans for Tax Reform, have all criticized forfeiture programs, particularly when no criminal charges are filed.

The bill is being sponsored by Attorney General Kamala Harris, who has focused on battling transnational criminal organizations. Harris said those groups have made California the biggest point of entry for methamphetamine trafficking into the United States, adding that this bill could equip local and state law enforcement with tools to “dismantle these dangerous organizations.”

“Transnational criminal organizations rely on a steady flow of billions of dollars in laundered money to support their operations,” Harris said in a statement. “The legislation I am sponsoring will equip local and state law enforcement with more tools to target their illicit profits and dismantle these dangerous organizations.”

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

according to the internet i am a shitpost

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I've seen places, faces and smiled for a moment
But oh, you haunted me so
Still my tongue tied, young pride
Would not let my love for you show
I case you say no

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

my purity test is that i will only vote for candidates who reference cspam jokes in public appearances

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Scent of Worf posted:

please dont summon that witch

sexist bernie bro much?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

UHD posted:

according to the internet i am a shitpost

buddy, u aint seen nothin yet

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

MaxxBot posted:

Supporting mass incarceration and the drug war sure is an odd way of "prioritizing racial justice." Also, seizing people's assets without ever charging them with a crime! Sounds like racial justice to me.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-01/kamala-harris-being-aggressively-manufactured-2020-wealthy-clinton-donors

zerohedge lmao

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

I'm extremely concerned about Harris' connections to the Lemurians and donations from Big Chemtrail

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Fallen Hamprince posted:

zerohedge lmao

Here I'll post the same thing from another source, since I'm sure this is a good faith questioning of the reliability :jerkbag:

http://www.montereycountyweekly.com...d87ff98c44.html

quote:

Last year, that meant a total of $161,000 distributed to Monterey County through this practice, called asset forfeiture.

Assembly Bill 443, introduced Feb. 23 by Assemblyman Luis Alejo, D-Watsonville, would expand law enforcement officers’ powers to seize goods even before an arrest is made.

The bill is sponsored by Attorney General Kamala Harris, a candidate for U.S. Senate. (Harris is also sponsoring SB 298 introduced by Marty Block, D-San Diego, which would grant wiretapping powers in money laundering cases.)

“The legislation will equip local and state law enforcement with more tools to target their illicit profits and dismantle [transnational criminal] organizations,” Harris said in a statement.

MaxxBot has issued a correction as of 18:53 on Aug 3, 2017

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Fallen Hamprince posted:

https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/893048585327042560

no uncomfortable racial dynamics here at all no sir

I hope they don't get taken to the Hillary mansion

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Feldegast42 posted:

It just struck me that every cat that appeared in the original cat macros is probably dead or on their way to the great litter-box in the sky

Thanks rear end in a top hat

Business Cat is still alive and kicking.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

I hope they don't get taken to the Hillary mansion

Ain't no place I'd rather be

starbucks, no singlepayer and family-leave

Sky high, iced out paradise, in the sky

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Now with that bad faith criticism out of the way, I'm sure you'll be pointing out how civil asset forfeiture prioritizes racial justice.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Funny how lesser evilism still pushes evil.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol at hamprince reheating these 2016 arguments tho

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Last few Hamprince posts have a vintage-Zegermans feel to them, I can't help but suspect we're being trolled

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

loquacius posted:

Last few Hamprince posts have a vintage-Zegermans feel to them, I can't help but suspect we're being trolled

I feel like I put a bit more effort into it

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The moment I always see white liberal racism exposed is when the white liberal has to shut up and listen to a poor or uneducated person - actually shut up and listen and yield the floor. It's the moment where some 22 year old grad student believes a 90 year old black woman doesn't know anything, that she's presumptively dense and uneducated and really just a prop.

Saw a lot of (fellow) Bernie supporters going there, especially when it became clear Bernie had no relationship with any black voters over the age of 30.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I only trust the Observer dot com

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Nonsense posted:

The moment I always see white liberal racism exposed is when the white liberal has to shut up and listen to a poor or uneducated person - actually shut up and listen and yield the floor. It's the moment where some 22 year old grad student believes a 90 year old black woman doesn't know anything, that she's presumptively dense and uneducated and really just a prop.

Saw a lot of (fellow) Bernie supporters going there, especially when it became clear Bernie had no relationship with any black voters over the age of 30.

hard to have a relationship with anyone when we're raised in fenced off suburbia and have no money

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Nonsense posted:

*Macronishly*

Manuel, the macaroni is lukewarm. I neither like or hate it.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Macron was the badguy from Quake 2 and 4 :thunk:

also someone argue with me so I can stay awake

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

got any sevens posted:

hard to have a relationship with anyone when we're raised in fenced off suburbia and have no money

You're not allowed to talk to an old black woman.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Nonsense posted:

You're not allowed to talk to an old black woman.

what is he gonna do yell across the street he just crossed

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

zegermans posted:

also someone argue with me so I can stay awake

roman reigns is an absolutely lovely wrestler and people that say he's good are blind morons

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

roman reigns has a shameful back

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Raskolnikov38 posted:

ronald reagans was an absolutely lovely potus and people that say he's good are blind morons

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

but could he actually do a powerbomb

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

but could he actually do a powerbomb

Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran

(Wait, no, that was McCain. Eh, same difference.)

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to dress up as a Russian propaganda robot for Halloween

"beep boop... healthcare free at the point of use... good... means testing... baaaaaddd...beep blorp Putin 2020 beep boop"

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Nonsense posted:

source your quotes?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/shanley/status/893175509370011648

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nonsense posted:

"Hillary's supporters weren't hissing that BLM protester, they were whispering 'yaaasssss'"

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm glad we've realized that liberals are garbage.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Frijolero posted:

I'm glad we've realized that liberals are garbage.

Bernie's okay

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

MaxxBot posted:

Now with that bad faith criticism out of the way, I'm sure you'll be pointing out how civil asset forfeiture prioritizes racial justice.

it's bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

GalacticAcid posted:

Bernie's okay

• Locked thread