Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Hey the Third Hokage did his best by giving baby naruto his own rundown apartment. What else do you want from him? Foster parents? To tell the people that treated him like a monster to gently caress off? feh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

livingfruitvirus posted:

Mysterious schedule bullshit happening on August 19th: Block may be expanding another half hour: 11PM - 4 AM. Jack no longer on schedule.

i didn't think we'd reach these episodes of GitS for another week or so, but now that we are, the show ends in about two weeks

whatever this schedule fuckery is, it involves the replacement show for the rerun slot

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gruckles posted:

Hey the Third Hokage did his best by giving baby naruto his own rundown apartment. What else do you want from him? Foster parents? To tell the people that treated him like a monster to gently caress off? feh

Seriously, who actually took care of this kid during his early childhood. Cause wild as he may have been as a brat, he sure wasn't feral at least.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Seriously, who actually took care of this kid during his early childhood. Cause wild as he may have been as a brat, he sure wasn't feral at least.

Well that's established, it's some scrub named Iruka who's never important enough to show up like ever.

e: he's the Yamcha of Naruto.

e2: actually I take that back, because DBZ/DBS remember Yamcha exists. I guess Iruka is the Launch of Naruto.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jul 30, 2017

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TwoPair posted:

Well that's established, it's some scrub named Iruka who's never important enough to show up like ever.

Who's parents the nine-tails killed.

So he got to think about that every time he had to heat up formula for the crying baby. And change his lovely diapers.

Kerning Chameleon fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jul 30, 2017

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Too bad the McDonald's down the street from me closed down forever a couple of weeks ago.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/McDonalds/status/891657097825460224

More sauce.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/McDonalds/status/891836358393683969

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Here's to hoping that they put poison in each gallon

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Free network simulcast happening.

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

SHINY AND CHROME AND ALSO PRISMATIC

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh no, Robo-Morty's gone rampant.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh no, Robo-Morty's gone rampant.

Beth's "what the gently caress" was perfect. :v:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
gently caress yeah. I've been wanting to see Shin Godzilla for a while now but never did anything about it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

WHAT

https://twitter.com/clarknova1/status/893176701206843393

They're hoping to air 23 with light edits and they will assuredly be using the blu ray masters, so if you wanna see it in HD, please do, it's amazing.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Aug 3, 2017

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

holy motherfucking goddamn

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

That's the good stuff

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
gently caress man I don't wanna stay up that late but on the other hand I've never seen Outlaw Star and I know everyone loving loved it back in the 90s...

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

TwoPair posted:

gently caress man I don't wanna stay up that late but on the other hand I've never seen Outlaw Star and I know everyone loving loved it back in the 90s...

It doesn't hold up that well but it has a lot of fun episodes.

Jean was a lot more molesty than I remembered.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

fit em all up in there posted:

That's the good stuff

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Outlaw Star is cool

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Melfina and Aisha Clanclan are cool people. But this is what I was saying before, utilize good old anime with the new. Now if you need me, I'm going to be sitting here, trying not to get my hopes up that Toonami funds Outlaw Star season 2 if it gets a lot of views and Blu-ray sales.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Fuuuck yeah.

Been waiting on this since toonami was revived.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Crabtree posted:

Melfina and Aisha Clanclan are cool people. But this is what I was saying before, utilize good old anime with the new. Now if you need me, I'm going to be sitting here, trying not to get my hopes up that Toonami funds Outlaw Star season 2 if it gets a lot of views and Blu-ray sales.

I remember the creator left one of the main villains alive in case he ever continued the series.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

While the manga never actually reached an ending, there were preproduction plans for a sequel to the anime that never got off the ground.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

I remember the creator left one of the main villains alive in case he ever continued the series.

I vaguely remember him

Didn't he kick everyone's asses then let Gene win so he could fake his death?

Or were you talking about the McDougle Bros?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SgtSteel91 posted:

I vaguely remember him

Didn't he kick everyone's asses then let Gene win so he could fake his death?

Or were you talking about the McDougle Bros?

McDougle

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

LAST WEEK

Dragon Ball Super: Goku steals Vegeta's kill.

Dragon Ball Z Kai: Vegeta's getting wrecked by Buu.

Stardust Crusaders: Jotaro Kujo, Joseph Joestar's grandson, is in jail after discovering a spirit by his side. Joseph and his associate Avdol explain that this is a manifestation of psychic power called a Stand. Dio Brando, Jonathan's rival, has come back to life, transplanting his head on Jonathan's body, and MUST BE STOPPED!

Hunter x Hunter: Gon and Killua enter the player selection test and go into Greed Island. Also Leorio leaves for like ANOTHER MILLION YEARS GUH!

Lupin III: Lupin gets fooled by the same lovely joke twice and that's just the entire episode and it sucked.

Spice and Wolf: While fleeing, Lawrence is injured, causing him and Holo to be cornered by Chloe. He refuses to hand Holo over and she turns into her wolf form to drive the pursuers back. Waking up at Milone Trading, Lawrence is told that despite a huge profit and a sizeable loss, he's still coming out of this whole thing with a good bit of money. Taking it in pepper, he is also given an invoice for apples, which he recognizes and quickly heads to his cart to reunite with Holo. In town, Lawrence buys Holo some new clothes and teaches her about haggling and the art of the deal.

Edit: Also, I'm gonna make a quick rule for the chat tonight. Please let's not discuss Nick Robinson at all. It's made too many of my bookmarked threads absolutely unreadable and I just do not want to have to deal with it all night.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Aug 5, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Speaking of which

http://taima.tv/r/goonami

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Spicy Wuff in an hour.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Super.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Hot.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
what's a super

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

last time on super, the fuckin earth blew up and it was immediately undone

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Why are they using the beginning of anime OP?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Is it finally time for dbs to be good? Maybe.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Why are they using the beginning of anime OP?

No clue it's outdated. There should be scenes from the next arc or the Frieza one.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Funi needs to send them the full OP updated. So far they've only been using it shortened in the 8 PM block.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I just noticed that they show off SS3 Goku in the opening even though he never uses that form ever again.

• Locked thread