Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Diablo 3 doesn't have do the swarms-of-minions thing with the new necromancer either. Does PoE have a build for that kind of thing? Does any other game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Diablo 3 doesn't have do the swarms-of-minions thing with the new necromancer either. Does PoE have a build for that kind of thing? Does any other game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzegU2UCpyk

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

D3 actually kinda does, in fact two of the best end-game Necromancer builds have you rolling around with 7 skeletons and then between 5 and like...20 skeleton mages depending on resources at the time.

And maybe a Golem for funsies but the Golem is kinda crap at cap.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Turtlicious posted:

Just picked this up, is their a summoner class like D2's necromancer?

Haven't played Diablo either, but Summoner Doom used to be easy mode. No idea what it's like in the Brave New World.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
If you want to play d2 necro then you should try starcraft. I heard the latter's micro is comparable to the former.

If you like easy, open world games with bright colors and pretty princessing, I will plug guild wars 2 here. New xpac just announced, this time with afros, dreadlocks, and fancy arabian themed clothes.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

D3 actually kinda does, in fact two of the best end-game Necromancer builds have you rolling around with 7 skeletons and then between 5 and like...20 skeleton mages depending on resources at the time.

And maybe a Golem for funsies but the Golem is kinda crap at cap.

Pretty sure the skele mages cap at 10.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Erdricks posted:

If you want to play d2 necro then you should try starcraft. I heard the latter's micro is comparable to the former.
:what:

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Pretty sure the skele mages cap at 10.
They do. If it's pure quantity of minions that matters the WD is superior, although in practice the necro outperforms him so hard it's not even funny.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Erdricks posted:

I do play StarCraft quite a bit but uh... No it's not comparable, though Stukov in co-op is pretty good.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
IT’S CORNTOBER cornjack_o_lantern U KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS eyestongue CORN CROP APPRECIATION MONTH hushedok_woman::skin-tone-2tongue SEND THIS TO 12 OF UR HUSKIEST FRIENDS two_men_holding_handssmiling_imp THAT LOVE HOEING CORN corncorncornsweat_dropssweat_dropssweat_dropsjack_o_lanternjack_o_lanternjack_o_lanternjack_o_lanternjack_o_lanternjack_o_lanternjack_o_lanternjack_o_lanternjack_o_lanternjack_o_lanternjack_o_lanternjack_o_lanternjack_o_lanternjack_o_lanternjack_o_lanternjack_o_lanternjack_o_lanternjack_o_lanternjack_o_lanternjack_o_lanternjack_o_lanternjack_o_lanternjack_o_lanternjack_o_lanternjack_o_lanternjack_o_lanternjack_o_lanternjack_o_lanternjack_o_lanternyellow_heartYELLOW-WEENyellow_heart jack_o_lanternIS UPON US !! YOU ARE CREAMicecream OF THE CROPScorn!!! FORWARD THIS TO seven OF THE cornCORNIEST flag_usCOLONELS older_man::skin-tone-1 THAT YOU KNOW WILL GET THEIR CROPS HARVESTED tongueeyes SOON !!! IF YOU DON’T, BE PREPARED bow::skin-tone-1 FOR sixnine DAYS OF WHEAT warning️ ear_of_riceno_entry_sign

sgbyou
Feb 3, 2005

I'm just a shadow in the light you leave behind.

If I have the game an unfair assessment of the Big Bang.
Don't break the tables on the other content is heavily outdated too and it took us a road map of what's to come out next week.
Wise decision said the devs and is basically the 13th char for the Cow King.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Enjoy dousing your hot dog with ketchup, or eating it with a knife and a fork? You philistine. According to one American meat trade association’s official etiquette guide for hot dog-eating (yes, this actually exists), it’s tacky to top your frank with the red sauce if you’re over 18 years old, and pretentious to consume it with utensils.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
What is happening in this thread, has everyone finally gone mad?

sgbyou
Feb 3, 2005

BabyFur Denny posted:

You're missing the party :corn:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

BabyFur Denny posted:

no omega items or difficulty makes thread something something

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

BabyFur Denny posted:

yes but we are all on discord now too because the mh community is the best one and we wanna play games with each other even though mh is bad

https://discord.gg/2HkNXzx

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

Gibbering Madness posted:

Enjoy dousing your hot dog with ketchup, or eating it with a knife and a fork? You philistine. According to one American meat trade association’s official etiquette guide for hot dog-eating (yes, this actually exists), it’s tacky to top your frank with the red sauce if you’re over 18 years old, and pretentious to consume it with utensils.

The Marvel thread is leaking. Also you should put ketchup and mustard on Hotdogs, and if the ketchup drowns out your mustard, put more mustard on or get a brain scan.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

BabyFur Denny posted:

Finally?

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Give him a break, he just woke up from a 2 year coma.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Just join that discord and stay connected. I literally made it just a month ago and we already have a raconbot. Thank you grumby.

We have been having a good time chatting and being a friend.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I had never played this game but downloaded it on PS4 as a whim and it's actually a fun time waster and has way more charm/character than I thought it would.

I picked Spiderman and got him to 10 and I have like 250 shards and he takes 750 to unlock wtf? I can only afford some dumb heroes. Who are also level 1. Is the OP still correct that on day 2 I get some item that lets me buy a hero? I had enough fun playing to drop 5$ to unlock Spidey but will wait a day if that's still the case.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Path of Exile has officially launched 3.0 with 6 new acts and the return of tons of goons.

A good chunk of us are trying it for the first time or returning or simply excited to get back in and play the game together.

What I'm saying is come and check it out with us, even if you wrote it off before. This is basically their Biggest Update Ever and it looks like a great time for any ARPG lover.

We can all be great or suck together. Join the discord ramadu posted above if you want to connect with us or find a way to say hi in game! :)

And to not be a total derail (apologies), play this too. It's a game.

sgbyou
Feb 3, 2005

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

play this too. It's a game.

Nah.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Does it have spiderman yet. Or rocket raccoon

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

ultrachrist posted:

I had never played this game but downloaded it on PS4 as a whim and it's actually a fun time waster and has way more charm/character than I thought it would.

I picked Spiderman and got him to 10 and I have like 250 shards and he takes 750 to unlock wtf? I can only afford some dumb heroes. Who are also level 1. Is the OP still correct that on day 2 I get some item that lets me buy a hero? I had enough fun playing to drop 5$ to unlock Spidey but will wait a day if that's still the case.

Console version is a little different. There are not any check-in/login rewards, you only get eternity splinters after completing the raft tutorial mission the first time. IIRC, you don't actually get enough free splinters to buy any one on console. So other than randomly getting splinters through playing or buying the character outright, there is no other way to unlock the more expensive characters.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

I can gladly provide a rocket raccoon summoner build in poe to assist with transition

Seriously though it's worthwhile to confirm poe isn't your thing again if it was a while since you logged in last. Lots of qol improvements and the game is friendlier if you just want to get your arpg on.

If you don't like planning poo poo there are plenty of goons who will sperg a build together for you.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

PoE ruled last night. I had such a great time. I was definitely having some nostalgia from the early days of MH, which was great. And I learned David Brevik is a playable character (Mr 69s character reminds me of Brevik. Wears no pants and has a grizzly beard and walks 'backwards'). Highly recommended with the changes.

This'll sound stupid but the game feels like a 2017 game now. Graphics updated very noticeably, systems are in place to smoothen up the grind and more importantly, a ton of players right now diving into the game together.

Me and Mr 69 and Rockbear dove in last night and had a blast. It's different than years ago and if you didn't like it before, try it one last time.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
So apparently I've been upgraded to VIP on console. I get 5 splinters daily and Nightcrawler. I guess it's kinda neat.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Watrick posted:

So apparently I've been upgraded to VIP on console. I get 5 splinters daily and Nightcrawler. I guess it's kinda neat.
yeah it was smart on their part. i will log in once a day and play for however long i feel like, leveling some characters.

poe still one of the least aesthetically pleasing games in history

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
poe actively catered to the people who thought diablo 3 was bad because it didn't have enough brown and gray

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Cease to Hope posted:

poe actively catered to the people who thought diablo 3 was bad because it didn't have enough brown and gray
Also, that it lacked trap decisions and didn't punish you for lack of systems mastery

HoldMyOwn
Mar 9, 2016
Hope to join all of yall in September @ POE when I get my Gaming Computer back up and running.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

HoldMyOwn posted:

Hope to join all of yall in September @ POE when I get my Gaming Computer back up and running.

We will be there! Don't forget to join fantasy football draft on August 26th!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Also, that it lacked trap decisions and didn't punish you for lack of systems mastery

also for people who wanted a game to be worth playing past the weekend which diablo 3 is not.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Holyshoot posted:

also for people who wanted a game to be worth playing past the weekend which diablo 3 is not.
Yet as Don Marquis wrote, "it is better to be a part of beauty/for one instant and then cease to/exist than to exist forever/and never be a part of beauty".

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I found an X-men pinball in a bar in Stirling the other night and I've already notified Disney to send hired goons to erase all traces of it.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

I found an X-men pinball in a bar in Stirling the other night and I've already notified Disney to send hired goons to erase all traces of it.

you monster

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Saint Freak posted:

Sterling, Virginia or somewhere else? Not familiar with Stirling but I will drive any distance to knock around Wolverine's steel balls.

Also I finally got around to getting Carnage to red 60 (with the sound off of course.) I don't much care for him at all but it's nice to have menial tasks to do in game for cheevo points.

Edit: vv fine I'll take the Blackbird and stop in on Moira MacTaggart.

davebo fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Aug 9, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

davebo posted:

Sterling, Virginia or somewhere else? Not familiar with Stirling but I will drive any distance to knock around Wolverine's steel balls.

Stirling in Scotland. Good luck with the drive.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Saint Freak posted:

Stirling in Scotland. Good luck with the drive.

he can't reply right now as he's hiding out in a shipping crate bound for England and there's no wifi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

he can't reply right now as he's hiding out in a shipping crate bound for England and there's no wifi

Just as well since the marvel servers have been down all night.