Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Super No Vacancy posted:

what was the buddy murphy tweet and also that deleted zack sabre tweet from the other thread

Buddy was offering his services as a wrestler to appear on the Progress show in New York. Because he's desperate, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And ZSJ was selling one of his jackets.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Serious question, has Black/Itami happened anywhere else? Also the Black Mass is loving beautiful.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Yeah I'm way on board the Aleister Black train. I'm hoping for a HHH level over the top special entrance for Takeover.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Stale Saltines posted:

Yeah I'm way on board the Aleister Black train. I'm hoping for a HHH level over the top special entrance for Takeover.

Just get cradle of filth and a choir of people dressed up like strung out angels to play/sing his intro while he rises from the floor like loving nosferatu

or have him go full crowley and show up in weird pharonic egyptian gear with needles stuck in his arms

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Johnny Gargano is the protagonist of the wrestling anime called life and has won me over completely.

His finisher should be a forearm shot surrounded by glowing energy from his Rebel Heart, and whenever he hits a heel with it at a PPV they should disintegrate like a DBZ villain.

He's the best.

Roderick Strong can be Krillin.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Serious question, has Black/Itami happened anywhere else? Also the Black Mass is loving beautiful.

WXW intermittently flew in NOAH guys in the 00's but they never shared a ring

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I haven't watched NXT in awhile but I saw chatter on twitter about AB v KO and logged right the gently caress in. I was NOT disappointed.

I WILL be disappointed when Aleister Black moves up to the main roster and becomes either a cowardly heel or a Bray Wyatt weirdo. But for now? :discourse:

edit: My hope is that Black's appearance and physical charisma is enough to convince the writers to give him material that compliments his presence. I could see him being something like a scheming Sean O'Haire or Raven type charismatic gothy weirdo who is also deadly in a fight.

That Dang Dad fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 3, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

what was the buddy murphy tweet and also that deleted zack sabre tweet from the other thread

Him asking to be booked on the PROGRESS New York card.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

mary had a little clam posted:

I WILL be disappointed when Aleister Black moves up to the main roster and becomes either a cowardly heel or a Bray Wyatt weirdo. But for now? :discourse:

"Aleister Black... You may worship the devil, but this is MY YARD and I'm the Big Dog that retired the devil at WrestleMania!" *strokes wrist slowly*

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Two Beans posted:

"Aleister Black... You may worship the devil, but this is MY YARD and I'm the Big Dog that retired the devil at WrestleMania!" *strokes wrist slowly*

This but it'll be Asuka meeting Stephanie

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
"C'MON BIG CHARLOTTE!"

(1:02 mark)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIx8wz7-TIY

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Those motherfuckers released Ho Ho Lun
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0803/629778/wwe-releases-nxt-wrestler

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

i'm cancelling my Network subscription

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Good, this leaves the door open for Leo Gao to be the token Chinese wrestler on NXT.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ho Ho no :(

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the woman who is called big charlotte doesn't look enough like charlotte to be doing that so i'm offended.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

You know why I call Aleister Black "Money"?

'Cause that Black Mass kick is money.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

This is lunacy.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I wonder what he did. Usually jobbers are all let go in a rush, on a Friday

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Maybe he asked for it? They weren't doing anything and he's like the creator of wrestling in China. Maybe he just wanted to be back doing that?

Alternatively, he's bad and as much as I loved yelling "HO HO!" anytime I saw him, he really didn't seem to have much of an upside.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Phenix Rising posted:

Maybe he asked for it? They weren't doing anything and he's like the creator of wrestling in China. Maybe he just wanted to be back doing that?

Alternatively, he's bad and as much as I loved yelling "HO HO!" anytime I saw him, he really didn't seem to have much of an upside.

I am trying to find out. Regardless or his Wrestling or physique even he has been the translator for a lot of the Chinese talent they signed so he was useful to WWE.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

I am trying to find out. Regardless or his Wrestling or physique even he has been the translator for a lot of the Chinese talent they signed so he was useful to WWE.

Could one of the other recent signees have taken over that role? In some of the recent NXT slice of life videos, one of the women (can't remember which) seemed super fluent.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Echoing that O'Reily/Black was a great match, worth going out of your way for. It also makes me wanna see Black/Oney and KO/Oney

But they have to do something about the tapings, whether it's too long or what it seems like the crowds are half dead now

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Troxartas posted:

Echoing that O'Reily/Black was a great match, worth going out of your way for. It also makes me wanna see Black/Oney and KO/Oney

But they have to do something about the tapings, whether it's too long or what it seems like the crowds are half dead now

Is this still the taping night when the audience members were shushing each other so they could hear mauro yelling?

What i'm saying is "full.........sail sucks"

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

he's ho ho done

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Ho Ho wanted to open up a wrestling school and it clashed with what WWE wanted to do in China. They had also found more Chinese wrestlers and a good translator for their trainees. John Cena is also learning Mandarin to open up to the market, and WWE might try and open up an Australian/Japan/China title like they did with the UK to try and combat NJPW.

I'm not sure WWE knows that there's a huge disconnect between the Chinese market because there's two different major languages (Mandarin and Cantonese) but they're starting to see them as a market they can expand into just like they're trying to do with Jinder/India.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

Platypus Farm posted:

Is this still the taping night when the audience members were shushing each other so they could hear mauro yelling?

What i'm saying is "full.........sail sucks"

you can't blame people for getting excited about four-months-too-late Shether references.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

freud mayweather posted:

you can't blame people for getting excited about four-months-too-late Shether references.

"Mama Mia!"

Also w/r/t expansion in china: does WWE not realize that having a billion people doesn't matter much if only 1/4 of those people live in places that have, like, internet and money?

ChineseConnection
Jun 23, 2005

Desumaytah posted:

Roderick Strong can be Krillin.

This is the best description I've heard of Roderick Strong in NXT.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Platypus Farm posted:

"Mama Mia!"

Also w/r/t expansion in china: does WWE not realize that having a billion people doesn't matter much if only 1/4 of those people live in places that have, like, internet and money?

If you take the Jinder push as evidence, they clearly don't.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

DangerDummy! posted:

You know why I call Aleister Black "Money"?

'Cause that Black Mass kick is money.

I'm behind on the weekly shows but I can spot a percy watson quote when I see it

ChineseConnection
Jun 23, 2005

VJeff posted:

If you take the Jinder push as evidence, they clearly don't.

The media consumed by 99.9% of Chinese people is vastly different, at a fundamental level, from Westerners. There would have to be some sort of major culture shift at the same time as the genesis of an extreme Chinese idol type figure for the WWE to crack into it that market, if the PRC's government even allowed it (highly unlikely). Even something more basic and accessible as sports programming isn't viewed in the same way as in America. Live entertainment event experiences are also very different there. People say its a huge untapped market, but I would counter that its an *untappable* market.

Middle Kingdom Wrestling (which is actually owned by an expat) is a pioneer in the same way that those who died of dysentery on the Oregon Trail were pioneers. Pick the worst local Indie fed in Appalachia, and it'd still be better attended and with a better product than what their running in Hong Kong/Guangdong. The best performers are washed up Japan indie failures (at best) and the viewers are a tiny smattering of expats or friends of the performers. If you think Hoho is bad, understand he's the best of the bunch and is using his limited experience as a trainer.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/893495073270353920

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
HoHo's angle status confirmed:

https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/893486447751303168

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I just got around to watching NXT and Gargano vs Raul Mendoza was really fun. They worked real well together.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

beggar posted:

I'm behind on the weekly shows but I can spot a percy watson quote when I see it

The 20 seconds of dead silence on commentary after he dropped that gem in regards to Kassius Ohno and his rolling elbow was hysterical. He is absolutely terrible.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/893584713507536897

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm just catching up on the latest NXT and can I just reiterate for the millionth time that holy poo poo Asuka owns forever.

Also that good Lord, Roddy was terrible in that backstage segment :smith:

Edit: Oh gently caress this Hideo segment and the revelation of who was next :hellyeah::hf::stare:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Aug 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

ChineseConnection posted:

Even something more basic and accessible as sports programming isn't viewed in the same way as in America. Live entertainment event experiences are also very different there. People say its a huge untapped market, but I would counter that its an *untappable* market.

How so? I'm honestly very interested in this, since they seem to love the NBA.

• Locked thread