Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

DrPlump posted:

The best thing about the horns is that they clearly bother Grimmmzzz by taking the seriousness out of the game. It is difficult to look hardcore when there is horns blaring in background randomly.

Honestly I would spend $200 for a Stat-Track™ Vuvuzela that keeps tracks of my blow jobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Another 500mb patch, hopefully it fixes the poo poo.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Another 500mb patch, hopefully it fixes the poo poo.

FPS problem and sound problem only. The beginning of round lag is still being worked on.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stream honking seems to be the new meta. The best part is they have to track down and kill the player to even have any chance of reporting them. If you are good you would honk at streamers all day without repercussions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NacHbbmCYzU&t=449s

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Streamers are going to get our horns taken away.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Trabisnikof posted:

Streamers are going to get our horns taken away.

Almost guaranteed.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

DrPlump posted:

It is really bad for passengers in sidecar of the motorcycle. I almost got car sick watching Dr Disrespect get driven someplace in FPS server.

How could any of the developers think this was ok to take live? The camera is like a foot off the ground when you're crouched. It's maybe a third of the way up doors. You can't even see out of loving windows. I'd be cool with not being able to shoot out of windows while crouched but you should at least be able to look out of them since you're exposing your head.

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

I'm trying to fpp right now, but I'll unload on someone from like 5 feet away and then they'll teleport 5 feet and murder me in a single shot.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

In case you missed my riveting stream, here's a video of me throwing away BP and Steam bucks for your entertainment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTXBccQZNHk

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Is the sound bug at least fixed yet?

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

we fuck each other very well and we have a lot of energy from eating plantfoods

Porpoise With A Purpose posted:

I'm trying to fpp right now, but I'll unload on someone from like 5 feet away and then they'll teleport 5 feet and murder me in a single shot.

That's just the body and the camera position trying to reconcile

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Kaddish posted:

Is the sound bug at least fixed yet?

supposedly with the most recent patch (1hr ago)

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

DrPlump posted:

Stream honking seems to be the new meta. The best part is they have to track down and kill the player to even have any chance of reporting them. If you are good you would honk at streamers all day without repercussions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NacHbbmCYzU&t=449s

HOOOOOOooooonkkkkkkkk as he flies through the air

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

VulgarandStupid posted:

In case you missed my riveting stream, here's a video of me throwing away BP and Steam bucks for your entertainment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTXBccQZNHk

Your voice is still not fixed

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope
It's not letting me buy one of the dumb keys? Every time the Steam overlay comes up and I try to mash 'authorize' the entire overlay locks up. Can't move it, close it, click anything...have to close PUBG completely to get out of it. Anyone else having a similar issue?

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Why am I not seeing any of the Gamescon Invitational Crate items available on the Steam store? Is there a wait period before you can list those items?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Discospawn posted:

Why am I not seeing any of the Gamescon Invitational Crate items available on the Steam store? Is there a wait period before you can list those items?

1 week from the day you open the crate, this tends to be how paid items work on Steam.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

HOOOOOOooooonkkkkkkkk as he flies through the air

That loving owned, what are these dumb babies complaining about exactly?

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Ah, ok, thanks. I'm eager to see what kind of crazy prices the most rare items in that box go for.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Discospawn posted:

Ah, ok, thanks. I'm eager to see what kind of crazy prices the most rare items in that box go for.

Around $500.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I don't get why they want the horns removed, I mean doesn't that just give them some easy kills?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Harminoff posted:

I don't get why they want the horns removed, I mean doesn't that just give them some easy kills?

It's hard to look like a bad rear end shooter dude with car horns blaring in the background.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Tryhards hate poo poo that breaks their serious man shooting immersion. There were a ton of tears as Planetside 2 introduced amazing horns like a toilet flush or kazoo that sounded like a dying manatee.

e: I need the Dukes of Hazzard horn available on orange Dacia's as I drive off the edge of cliffs.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Streamers are annoyed by horns because it's not enjoyable for viewers to listen to "BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" for several minutes at a time. It's not that hard to understand.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

PantsBandit posted:

Streamers are annoyed by horns because it's not enjoyable for viewers to listen to "BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" for several minutes at a time. It's not that hard to understand.

who cares, though

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

otoh, viewers have a volume knob :gitgud:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
if pubg has taught me anything its that streamers are huge loving cry babies

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

PantsBandit posted:

Annoyed streamers are good for ratings. Just like fights on reality shows.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Hey what are everyone's thoughts on streamers? Haven't seen many pages of discussion about that lately so

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
can't wait to play PUBG in six hours because of my 3 mbps download speed

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Doorknob Slobber posted:

if pubg has taught me anything its that streamers are huge loving cry babies

Tale as old as time,
All they do is whine,
Streamers and the Beeps

fargom
Mar 21, 2007
I doubt horns will be a problem because after a few days the streamers will likely separate themselves from the fun havers via MMR.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

LeafHouse posted:

Hey what are everyone's thoughts on streamers? Haven't seen many pages of discussion about that lately so

Idk what's worse. Streamers complaing about stream snipers or people complaining about others discussing something on a discussion forum.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*Black Screen cuts to Skull and Grim Reaper Scythe*
*Heavy 80s Death Metal plays synced to lighting flashes over the skull*

"Welcome to the Grim Legion tonight we shall reap!"
*Grimz drops on school*
"HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK"
*Car circles school honking continues*
"What is up with that horn I hope these people get bored soon"
*Second car begins to circle and honk*
"Wow"
*Honking intensifies*

SpaceBanditos
Aug 29, 2006

Did you hear maracas?
So if you are trying to do first person duo, save yourself the effort and don't. The game will que you as a team and then dump you in the lobby without your teammate on your HUD or map, but in the same game with you. Its some strange hybrid of solo and Duo where the text for kills still shows like you are grouped but you can't share map markers or see each other on the map and if your teammate takes fatal damage you automatically get the "better luck next time screen" while you are still alive and you are awarded 0/50 place.

Source: me when my buddy caught an m24 to the head and immediately died instead of going down, and it immediately gave me the game over screen.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....und-color=black

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

DrPlump posted:

*Honking intensifies*

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Vaah posted:

Tale as old as time,
All they do is whine,
Streamers and the Beeps

GOTY

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - *Honking intensifies*

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
Horns are amazing. We we're playing fpp duos and a traveling on a motorbike as we hear a horn from behind us and just as I look back a uaz jumps over a hill chasing a buggy. They took a few shots at us so we swerved and decided to follow the action anyway, easily enough because the dude was just laying down on his horn. We woulda missed them stopping at a barn otherwise, instead of just rolling up and finishing the lone survivor. Loot up silencers, snipers, all that good poo poo and continue straight into the nearest bump, fall over and die. Bikes are a deathtrap in fpp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Low Desert Punk posted:

can't wait to play PUBG in six hours because of my 3 mbps download speed

You are not missing much, lag sucks so much it is not worth playing.

• Locked thread