Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The Cross Chain system looks really cool, btw, but for some reason it feels familiar. They are quick time events involving your buds to allow you to deal more damage to enemies knocked into the Vulnerable state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kindom Hearts II Reaction Commands.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
I have to wonder with this game, how much more would I have liked it if the frame-rate wasn't dogshit. What I'm asking is have we had any further talk of a PC port?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Bushmaori posted:

I have to wonder with this game, how much more would I have liked it if the frame-rate wasn't dogshit. What I'm asking is have we had any further talk of a PC port?

I didn't notice any framerate issues on my inferior Xbone.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Gologle posted:

The Cross Chain system looks really cool, btw, but for some reason it feels familiar. They are quick time events involving your buds to allow you to deal more damage to enemies knocked into the Vulnerable state.

Its probably familiar because it was in one of the demos then taken out later

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Is there anything to do with this game after you finish it yet? I loved my bros and enjoyed it, but I gave up diving boring rear end dark caves for hours in post-game since it sucked.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

JBP posted:

Is there anything to do with this game after you finish it yet? I loved my bros and enjoyed it, but I gave up diving boring rear end dark caves for hours in post-game since it sucked.

Other than wait for the eventual co-op, character DLC whatever the hell they have planned at the moment... No?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Man why are they adding this cross chain system now of all times, I don't get what this game is trying to do anymore.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Rascyc posted:

Man why are they adding this cross chain system now of all times, I don't get what this game is trying to do anymore.

I was thinking they would expand it for DLC purposes but all the DLC has its own systems which makes even less sense.

Although with all the effort they are putting into the system they would be stupid to not just do a full FF15-2 at this point

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I think the general idea is to use FFXV as a testing ground for new mechanics and systems, and Kay the groundwork for a sequel or new FF. At least I hope so!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I was thinking they would expand it for DLC purposes but all the DLC has its own systems which makes even less sense.

Although with all the effort they are putting into the system they would be stupid to not just do a full FF15-2 at this point

There's no way they won't reuse the engine for more games

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I don't have any intention of buying any of the DLC since it's doesn't enhance the main game in any way unlike The Old Hunters in this little game called Bloodborne.

Still can't complain about free gameplay enhancements to the main game, though I think the game needs far more overhauling than that. But at least they are thinking how they can improve the experience without shoving it down our throats as DLC.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

RatHat posted:

There's no way they won't reuse the engine for more games

They said, while making a FF7 remake in a totally different engine

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Renoistic posted:

I think the general idea is to use FFXV as a testing ground for new mechanics and systems, and Kay the groundwork for a sequel or new FF. At least I hope so!

I feel like its this plus making up for the trainwreck that was post Altissia onwards.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I mean I think they're supposed to add more main-game content eventually?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
https://twitter.com/Rurouni720/status/891870162101702656

It looks cool enough I guess!

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
The Magitek Armor looks far lamer than I hoped but nothing could live up to the Power Rangers poo poo that they understandably had to ditch.

Has anyone played the new quest? Is it just a new timed hunt or something else?

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

It's just a regular quest you take at the Hunter HQ in Cleigne. Someone asks you to kill a thing and you go kill it, very straightforward.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

This example is hilarious overkill.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I was catching up on what I've missed and caught this gem too

https://twitter.com/WestinWt78/status/890901575685742593

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:
The multiplayer beta is up. Anyone have any luck connecting?

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015

This just looks like Quickenings but less of a ridiculous nonsense mess.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
It's a bit awkward how the other enemies just stand around while Ignis swipes at chest level to attack an enemy lying on the ground.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Paracelsus posted:

It's a bit awkward

Games > Final Fantasy XV: It's a bit awkward

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Finally took it upon myself to grind a bunch of XP, triple it in Altissia, and take on the finale...

...and what a finale! The first miniboss of Insomnia nearly killed the team a couple times over, the story encounters were suitably epic, and the stack of endings all sold their heartfelt intentions without getting goofy (unless you're one of those Cup Noodle pranksters).

So many great finishing touches. Now if only the other story chapters could've gotten me as invested in the fellas.

Time to dive into that DLC goodness and put this season pass to use for once!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Choosing a picture of Cup Noodles is a bittersweet ending: there are no Cup Noodles in heaven.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Whew the airship in XV sure is something

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Also can anyone explain wtf the cutscene with Noct doing flips with a machine gun and Umbra was all about?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
According to someone, I believe Tabata, that's a bad dream Noct had foretelling what would happen if he didn't have his friends and basically turned evil like Ardyn.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

So they did the CG when the game was Vs whatever the gently caress and made a stupid excuse to add it to the game. Got it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Norns posted:

So they did the CG when the game was Vs whatever the gently caress and made a stupid excuse to add it to the game. Got it.

No, that CG movie is actually from a trailer or promo or whatever and they went "gently caress it" and patched it into the game in one of the very first updates.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Right. A promo for whatever game it was before XV. Right?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

No, it was released like a month or two before the game came out.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Also what was different about chapter 13 before? I enjoyed it with Noct. Haven't done the alternate route yet.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Norns posted:

Also what was different about chapter 13 before? I enjoyed it with Noct. Haven't done the alternate route yet.

Was more annoying to fight the things as noct, just became a bit of a slog if you hosed up the "stealth"

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Stormgale posted:

Was more annoying to fight the things as noct, just became a bit of a slog if you hosed up the "stealth"

It was a slog if you tried to do stealth. Just doge and counter like the whole drat game and it took no time at all.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
They made the ring beefy.

Soo beefy that if you pump up your magic stat a ton, you can start killing anything effortlessly.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Epi Lepi posted:

It was a slog if you tried to do stealth. Just doge and counter like the whole drat game and it took no time at all.

Yeah it was a slog before the ring buffs either way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Norns posted:

Yeah like in FF13 when you kill a character, they are revived for a single CG cutscene, and then they die immediately after the cutscene

• Locked thread