Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Bang3r posted:

Full concert is here (only in 440p) get this downloaded before it gets pulled!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JujihaeDpQ0

He's gone full on zootv era 'the fly' Bono, but that look was just stolen from Ogre anyway so whatever. :v:

Platypus Farm posted:

I bought an ugly kid joe album so yeah
:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Okay, I have to confess. I don't understand it, it's completely irrational, but I can't stand Ilan Rubin. Every time I see him in a live video, my hate grows. What the hell is wrong with me?

Fathom
Mar 11, 2005

Damn Kids!

a mysterious cloak posted:

Okay, I have to confess. I don't understand it, it's completely irrational, but I can't stand Ilan Rubin. Every time I see him in a live video, my hate grows. What the hell is wrong with me?

He reminds me of Animal from the Muppets.

I miss Josh Freese being part of the touring band.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Less Than is an amazing track live.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Photex posted:

Less Than is an amazing track live.
All the tracks from NTAE and Add Violence have seemed loving amazing live from what I've seen so far

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 1, 2017

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

All the tracks from NTAE and Add Violence have seemed loving amazing from what I've seen so far

Yeah i just watched the She's Gone Away live track from last night god drat, can it be full tour time?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Also Ilan quickly running from the kit to the piano back to the kit without missing a beat loving owns. I'm down with Ilan.

I don't know how likely this is considering the Tension Blu-Ray never came out, but the cinematography of the Panorama set really made me want a live Blu-Ray of this tour. There aren't even any flashy visuals or backup singers like there were on Tension, but it still feels so loving visceral. Trent's 52 and he brings more intensity to his live performances than a lot of performers half his age. It's ridiculous.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

The Panorama production really was great for 'just a stream.' Even the sound was good.

When does this tour start? Probably with the third EP in the spring right? I hate all this outdoor festival stuff give me LITS again.

BobbyHeenanTinyHat
Apr 1, 2005

Calling all girls of the opposite sex
N/A

BobbyHeenanTinyHat fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Aug 27, 2018

fallenturtle
Feb 28, 2003
paintedblue.net

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Also Ilan quickly running from the kit to the piano back to the kit without missing a beat loving owns. I'm down with Ilan.

I always thought that was cool when I've seen it earlier, but before I thought it was a practical thing because they didn't have enough keyboard guys, but I would think Atticus could play it now.

Perhaps Trent was like, "you don't have to play the piano parts anymore" and Ilan was like, "but boss, I like playing it".

What do people have against him?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Bang3r posted:

Full concert is here (only in 440p) get this downloaded before it gets pulled!

Goddamn this sounds incredible. Great work by the people mixing it for the live stream.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

fallenturtle posted:

What do people have against him?

That's just it - for me, it's completely irrational. I literally don't know anything about the guy aside from his name, he's a drummer, and he works with NIN.

The live stream was great (what I got to watch of it). Agreed that it didn't have the Tension tour production, but man - stripped down and grungy is still amazing.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

M1TCH3LL posted:

Robin Finck is awesome, BUT there is a part of me that wishes we got an Ilan/Aaron North line-up. In my head, that would have been all shades of incredible, live. And no doubt following the trajectory of most NIN touring members these days, North would have ended up playing with Paramore and that in and of itself would have been a sight to behold.

http://www.spin.com/2013/09/aaron-north-nine-inch-nails-icarus-line/

BobbyHeenanTinyHat
Apr 1, 2005

N/A

BobbyHeenanTinyHat fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Aug 27, 2018

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.
I still fondly look back on when Ilan turned 21 in Paris and Trent brought out topless dancers on stage for him. Ilan is a beast loving drummer, and is a great progression of what Josh Freese brought to the live shows. I think M1TCH3LL is right in that Trent enjoys having that youth factor in Ilan - probably helps keep him in touch in some way, or maybe he just sucks his blood for vitality, I don't know.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

M1TCH3LL posted:

Aye, I remember it from the time. Not remotely unexpected but incredibly sad. I don't doubt that he has his demons but it's very difficult between him and what everyone else says to work out the line between demons and Aaron being his own worst enemy. If he was mentally capable of music these days, he could have been a great addition to someone somewhere. Or playing Crushcrushcrush on the Warped Tour... whichever, really.

My point was more that Aaron has a drug problem had a mental breakdown and basically disappeared off the face of the earth. If nobody's heard from him since 2013, things probably haven't gotten better for him. If he thinks he can't play guitar while on his meds, his career as a musician is probably over.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 3, 2017

BobbyHeenanTinyHat
Apr 1, 2005

N/A

BobbyHeenanTinyHat fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 27, 2018

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

drat, that YouTube upload of the Panorama webcast is still up after a few days. Nice. Everyone check this out while you can!

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

I liked North in Jubilee. It must have been a come down though coming from a massive arena tour with NIN to playing to an audience of literally 5 when I saw them.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Run Dodo Run posted:

I liked North in Jubilee. It must have been a come down though coming from a massive arena tour with NIN to playing to an audience of literally 5 when I saw them.

A big come down, isn't that what he wanted?

BobbyHeenanTinyHat
Apr 1, 2005

N/A

BobbyHeenanTinyHat fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 27, 2018

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

M1TCH3LL posted:

I got what you were saying. My initial point was simply that I wish Aaron had stayed healthy and done something in this/another band with Ilan. I think they'd have complimented each other well.

"Stayed healthy" implies that he ever was in the first place. That... doesn't appear to have been the case.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

That's an arc anyone who struggles with mental illness can relate to. Right down to the DBT notebook.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Further preempting the need for a Year Zero TV series, Trump anus mouthpiece Sebastian Gorka is now boasting about the USA being a Hyperpower:

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/08/09/sebastian-gorka-says-trumps-message-north-korea-dont-test-white-house

quote:

"We were a superpower. We are now a hyperpower. Nobody in the world, especially not North Korea, comes close to challenging our military capabilities," he said. 

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Sir Lemming posted:

Further preempting the need for a Year Zero TV series, Trump anus mouthpiece Sebastian Gorka is now boasting about the USA being a Hyperpower:

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/08/09/sebastian-gorka-says-trumps-message-north-korea-dont-test-white-house
ARE YA LOOKING FOR THE TRUTH OR FOR ANOTHER FIGHT?
IF YOU WANT TO GIVE ME WHAT I WANT THEN GIVE IT UP TONIGHT

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Sir Lemming posted:

That was a term before that song though.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Leon Einstein posted:

That was a term before that song though.

I know. Still funny. (Sort of.)

Oh also, I got an email saying the Add Violence physical component has shipped.

Sir Lemming fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Aug 10, 2017

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

Sir Lemming posted:

I know. Still funny. (Sort of.)

Oh also, I got an email saying the Add Violence physical component has shipped.

I got my e-mail too. It included, "Any questions, please go [link]here[link]."

"Dear Trent,

If I open this, is it going to gently caress UP MY CARPET?

Sincerely Yours Til The Very End Of Me,
Stryder"

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Trent, my internet bros got their emails, where is mine? All I really want is the t-shirt, man, come on :(

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Got the booklet, some pics

https://imgur.com/gallery/9xjPL

42 entertainment is credited for world integration and structure

ARG :woop:

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Miching Mallecho posted:

How much of a mess did it make when you opened it?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Lol it's a computer program, Trent is such a nerd

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

Obsurveyor posted:

How much of a mess did it make when you opened it?

No charcoal this time. It came in a plain brown envelope and I had no clue what it was until I saw null corporation when I opened it up.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Miching Mallecho posted:

gently caress yes :circlefap:

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I mean, the album came out like a month ago? If there's an ARG where is it?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

TOOT BOOT posted:

I mean, the album came out like a month ago? If there's an ARG where is it?

There's another one coming later this year.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Man, I need to check my mail.1 am is probably not a good time to do that.

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
Got my physical component today. Was kinda hoping for more artwork since I liked the stuff from NTAE and I don't know what any of this programming nerd poo poo is, but the little booklet is pretty neat. Now I can stick "ADD VIOLENCE" stickers to stuff at least. Need to spice up your decor? Just add violence!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I wish I got mail on Sundays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kelp Me! posted:

I wish I got mail on Sundays

OOPS! :shobon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg2HfrIYnwg