Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

hats4cats posted:

Are the IBO Full mechanics kits just 1/100 scale hg's?

Sorta? They have more detailing and gimmicks than the IBO hgs but they're not as detailed as MGs are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Yeah they're kinda halfway between hg and mg.

I just did the McGillis Graze and it was a lot of fun to put together.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
God, normally I hate the ZZ but the ver.ka actually looks good:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Yeah, it looks much better when things are actually [almost] proportionate, rather than the robot equivalent of a t-rex wearing parachute pants.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
They are really taking a lot of care with the new ZZ, and at the same time making some fairly weird decisions.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
those are big beam sabers

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

asterioth posted:

God, normally I hate the ZZ but the ver.ka actually looks good:

that actually doesn't look all that bad

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I dig it. When is that being released?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

those are big beam sabers

e: I'm an idiot. Yep, those are 'Hyper Beam Sabers'. They also function as beam cannons when stowed.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I think what kills the overall ZZ design is the legs and forearms. I don't mind the gargantuan backpack or the flared shoulders so much as I am bugged by the forearm guards with their unnecessary red thingies or the split in a thousand places legs. That ver ka looks okay but it's still working off of a bizarre original concept.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

I think what kills the overall ZZ design is the legs and forearms. I don't mind the gargantuan backpack or the flared shoulders so much as I am bugged by the forearm guards with their unnecessary red thingies or the split in a thousand places legs. That ver ka looks okay but it's still working off of a bizarre original concept.

I dont mind the weird shields too much, but the gun's always looked really silly to me. It looks like a pack-in for a Batman or G.I Joe figure. The Ver.Ka makes some huge strides in having it look like an actual gun, but there's only so much that can be done with those hilariously huge barrels.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Prepare your wallets!!!!

http://www.inask.net/blog-entry-866.html - Dragon Momoko "Metal Build" Avalanche Exia

Also,

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I'm not huge on the gundam 00 design, but that's pretty nice.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

Prepare your wallets!!!!

http://www.inask.net/blog-entry-866.html - Dragon Momoko "Metal Build" Avalanche Exia

Also,

I'm the smiley face on the right knee thruster.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
GN-101 HAPPYBOY Gundam

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
http://www.gundammodelcenter.com/gundam-central-gm-gaogaigar-model-kit

https://www.facebook.com/newgundamcentral/photos/pcb.1960875554196833/1960875340863521/?type=3&theater

More info/photos has appeared for GM's debut piece: "SOC" GaoGaiGar model kit. The facebook link goes to the instruction manuel, while the GMC link shows off some new pictures showing off that it has a LED assembly, and that Liner Gao is prepainted. Sadly, red stickers for Stealth Gao's striping and final fusion mane. :(

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

TaurusOxford posted:

Prepare your wallets!!!!

I want to be excited for this, but the base Exia underneath the armor being some weird hybrid between the MB and the MG turns me off. Especially the knees.

EDIT: I wonder if they'll be able to pull off the MG Exia's GN strips? I remember a previous third party version of the MG Exia Ignition just gave up on it entirely and packed in clear red strips instead.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Aug 2, 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Banpresto showed these at Wondercon but didn't say if they're actually going to be selling them

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
I finally got around to snapping some photos of my Hyaku Shiki Revive and what I submit as the single greatest means of painting blingy gold this side of electroplating it at home for fun and profit.

https://imgur.com/a/MVCRf

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Building the MG Turn A is an absolute delight after you finish the fiddly bits on the chest. The legs have really unique overlapping panels on and the swooshy lines of the design look amazing after panel lining. The fighter as the front skirts and cockpit is also really cool.

I'd like to build the Turn X, Sazabi ver Ka, and nu Gundam ver Ka. Any advice on which to pick up next?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

MJP posted:

I finally got around to snapping some photos of my Hyaku Shiki Revive and what I submit as the single greatest means of painting blingy gold this side of electroplating it at home for fun and profit.

Nice! I'm just finishing up the mg hyaku shiki 2.0 and didn't even bother to paint the gold parts. Bandai did a great job on the gold plating on that one.
... As compared to the Hyaku shiki revive which has that terrible coloring.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MJP posted:

That is just gorgeous :allears:. My only critique is you maybe should've tried to paint the eyes or something to make them a little more visible.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That is just gorgeous :allears:. My only critique is you maybe should've tried to paint the eyes or something to make them a little more visible.

The visor is a semi-smoked clear plastic, and it does a fantastic job of completely covering up the real cool swishy-eye sunglasses decal for the eyes. You can choose between that, red pupils, or no pupils, all of which are wonderfully covered up by the dang visor.

If I had Serious Photographer Gear I'd probably be able to get enough light into it to show off the eyes, but alas.

Monaghan posted:

Nice! I'm just finishing up the mg hyaku shiki 2.0 and didn't even bother to paint the gold parts. Bandai did a great job on the gold plating on that one.
... As compared to the Hyaku shiki revive which has that terrible coloring.

I've seen the gold for the MG 2.0 in person. It's very nice, but the Alclad in the photos I took blows it out of the water if you want a Blingy Shiki.

I'm biased, though - I thought there was absolutely nothing wrong with the disco ball electroplated gold/yellow plastic on the original HGUC. I recognize I'm in the minority but I had one of those little solar-powered turntables and a window in my office, so it was super duper reflective.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Bandai finally announced MG Sandrock Custom vEW. To the surprise of absolutely nobody, the literal recolor of the original MG is P-Bandai.

The only difference between this and the original is the cloak. Which unlike the MG Crossbones (but like the RD ones) seems to be molded in plastic! It'll probably hamper posability a ton and make it look weird next to all the others, but it's nice that they put some effort into it.

All of the previous P-Bandai vEW releases are being reprinted too.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BlitzBlast posted:

Bandai finally announced MG Sandrock Custom vEW. To the surprise of absolutely nobody, the literal recolor of the original MG is P-Bandai.

The only difference between this and the original is the cloak. Which unlike the MG Crossbones (but like the RD ones) seems to be molded in plastic! It'll probably hamper posability a ton and make it look weird next to all the others, but it's nice that they put some effort into it.

Could you, like, cut real cloth to match that and attach it in place of the crummy plastic?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
The upcoming Supernova Sandrock Gundam has a cloth cape. :smug:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/347660375597344?view=permalink&id=477743265922387&ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_activity

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Too bad the actual redesign looks like crap.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Monaghan posted:

Too bad the actual redesign looks like crap.

Too bad you're actually wrong. :colbert:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

Could you, like, cut real cloth to match that and attach it in place of the crummy plastic?

It shouldn't be that hard to fit the old 1:100's cape onto the new MG. Having had experience with both kinds of capes though, I'd say plastic is the way to go.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Cloth capes always look weirdly out of scale to me on plastic figures, idk.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

TaurusOxford posted:

Too bad you're actually wrong. :colbert:

I'll be happy when supernova stops adding weird pointy bits to gundam designs I like :

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Monaghan posted:

I'll be happy when supernova stops adding weird pointy bits to gundam designs I like :

You love it! :v:

http://www.gundammodelcenter.com/gundam-central-dragon-momoko-avalanche-exia-mb

Pre-orders are open for Dragon Momoko's "MB" Avalanche Exia Dash.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

:allbuttons:

Just awful.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

TaurusOxford posted:

You love it! :v:

http://www.gundammodelcenter.com/gundam-central-dragon-momoko-avalanche-exia-mb

Pre-orders are open for Dragon Momoko's "MB" Avalanche Exia Dash.

I know I tend to rag on third party redesigns for senselessly adding extra details and cluttering up designs, but jesus christ

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It's okay, it's all stickers anyways.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

BlitzBlast posted:

This is the important news, gonna finally get me some Tallgeeses.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I'm honestly curious how the beam effects for the shotels will work with those extra pointy bits all over it now.

EVGA Longoria posted:

This is the important news, gonna finally get me some Tallgeeses.

If you paint, it'd be cheaper to buy a MG Tallgeese I and then just kitbash it with either the Dragon Momoko TGII or the Daban TGIII.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BlitzBlast posted:

I'm honestly curious how the beam effects for the shotels will work with those extra pointy bits all over it now.

It also comes with the shotels that the original MG comes with.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Speaking of 90s Gundam AUs, fengqimodel finally put up pictures of their Bolt Gundam ver F conversion kit.

If you don't remember, ver F(antasy) was that line of conversion kits for the MG Wing vEW line that tried to turn them into stylized versions of the TV designs.

Some, uh, looked better than others.

To be entirely fair on this one, you can take off the Tallgeese cosplay and reveal a regular Epyon.

Now that they're finished with Mercurius and Vayeate, they seem to be finished with Wing in general and are moving onto G. Gundam Rose is next, and presumably they intend to at least do the entire Shuffle Alliance. All the kits will still be using the vEW frame too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

BlitzBlast posted:

If you paint, it'd be cheaper to buy a MG Tallgeese I and then just kitbash it with either the Dragon Momoko TGII or the Daban TGIII.

I don't paint (in an apartment with no room for a box or space outside), I'm an OoB guy in general.