Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

why is falling damage barely a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Groovelord Neato posted:

why is falling damage barely a thing.

because who likes falling damage???

I was downed on a 3 story roof and crawled off the edge to fight again, it was hilarious.

SpaceBanditos
Aug 29, 2006

Did you hear maracas?
Because your character is part mountain goat.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Steps off six inch curb, breaks leg. Super fun

Nathan Wind
Nov 10, 2003
starring NATHAN WIND as COCHESE
Researcher: The average stream viewer tunes in for eighteen minutes. The average Grimmz fan watches for - are you ready for this? - an hour and twenty minutes.
Pig Vomit: How can that be?
Researcher: Answer most commonly given? "I want to see what he'll say next."
Pig Vomit: Okay, fine. But what about the people who hate Grimmz?
Researcher: Good point. The average Grimmz hater watches for two and a half hours a day.
Pig Vomit: But... if they hate him, why do they listen?
Researcher: Most common answer? "I want to see what he'll say next."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G6xu-J_Dmc

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ice Fist posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - *Honking intensifies*

mods

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

because who likes falling damage???

I was downed on a 3 story roof and crawled off the edge to fight again, it was hilarious.

because i have to wait for my vehicle to come to almost a complete stop or i'm auto knocked down.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

You all weren't kidding about that lag, it's really not worth playing if you care about doing well or feeling like you have agency over your character for the first 5+ minutes.

Unfortunately, this is the message on the homescreen now:

Despite that, first person mode seems very promising, even though the camera is way too low and there's some other weirdness with it.

Edit: "BEAR WITH US" might be the first hint that they are, in fact, adding aggressive wildlife to the game eventually.

Discospawn fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Aug 3, 2017

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Groovelord Neato posted:

because i have to wait for my vehicle to come to almost a complete stop or i'm auto knocked down.
Yeah they should get rid of that, let me leap out of vehicles gta-style because...why not.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

The lag is fine, there's definitely no lag.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/164222043

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Discospawn posted:

You all weren't kidding about that lag, it's really not worth playing if you care about doing well or feeling like you have agency over your character for the first 5+ minutes.

Unfortunately, this is the message on the homescreen now:

Despite that, first person mode seems very promising, even though the camera is way too low and there's some other weirdness with it.

Edit: "BEAR WITH US" might be the first hint that they are, in fact, adding aggressive wildlife to the game eventually.

Right now it's pretty easy to pick a less populated part of the map and if you luck out with circles, the game gets much better when there are around 50-60 players left. Trying to engage anyone in a firefight with a nearly full roster right now is flipping a coin.

Chuck Tingle version: Pounded in the Butt by Early Game Lag.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

fargom posted:

Uhh no? When did I say that? I said i haven't based decisions on the killfeed. Of course I've used it to learn that xyz player just died, but it's not something that usually changes my strategy. It matters most in the lategame, but my attention is usually spent trying to actually spot players and watching my flanks. In the scenario you described, I would check out the close shots regardless of the killfeed.

I don't think they should remove the feed, I just don't use it for info as much as I do in TF2 or Overwatch. I'm sure others do.

If you don't base decisions on killfeed you're probably not keeping tabs on players the way you say you are.

The scenario I described is a very general one you see all the time in final circles and hot drops or anywhere where it is important to clear multiple players out. If you know 3 dudes are over there, hear gunshots and see the killfeed, assume there are 2 guys over there now.

Dyz fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Aug 3, 2017

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

SpaceBanditos posted:

So if you are trying to do first person duo, save yourself the effort and don't. The game will que you as a team and then dump you in the lobby without your teammate on your HUD or map, but in the same game with you. Its some strange hybrid of solo and Duo where the text for kills still shows like you are grouped but you can't share map markers or see each other on the map and if your teammate takes fatal damage you automatically get the "better luck next time screen" while you are still alive and you are awarded 0/50 place.

Source: me when my buddy caught an m24 to the head and immediately died instead of going down, and it immediately gave me the game over screen.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....und-color=black

Apparently this is an EU server thing only? Happened here when I tried duo'ing, but people on reddit (ugh) reporting it didn't happen when they queued on NA.
We ended up just going full 4 man squad and playing normally. With horrific lag. And all the amusement that brought.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Definitely happens in NA servers.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
I wonder how many EC2 instances they are running at peak player count. Must cost a fortune. I'm sure they are not paying full price due to whatever partnership with Twitch/Amazon, but still.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

I was driving around pochinki and had a problem with my car , so I started honking the S.O.S (...---...) and what happened? People started shooting at me which is against the Geneva convention Article 3.

Guys we found the reddit karma whore: https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/6rdl4z/rude_players/

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Dyz posted:

If you don't base decisions on killfeed you're probably not keeping tabs on players the way you say you are.

The scenario I described is a very general one you see all the time in final circles and hot drops or anywhere where it is important to clear multiple players out. If you know 3 dudes are over there, hear gunshots and see the killfeed, assume there are 2 guys over there now.

If there are 3 dudes over in X area, and I hear gunshots and see the killfeed kill counter at the top right reduce by one, I assume there are 2 guys in area X now.

I don't need the killfeed for the scenario you described at all, unless I want to know the specific weapon used to reduce the top right counter by one guy.

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

we fuck each other very well and we have a lot of energy from eating plantfoods
Boy, they really hosed this game up, huh? They didn't even fix some of the poo poo they claimed with this patch, such as my gun randomly acting like it's not set to automatic. I also was killed inside a house by a red zone today! :downsbravo:

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

fargom posted:

If there are 3 dudes over in X area, and I hear gunshots and see the killfeed kill counter at the top right reduce by one, I assume there are 2 guys in area X now.

I don't need the killfeed for the scenario you described at all, unless I want to know the specific weapon used to reduce the top right counter by one guy.

For non-Solo games, the killfeed's ability to show knockdowns, kills, and 'finally kill's adds value.

In the Solo scenario above, the killfeed will allow you to know which enemy won even if they both stop firing at roughly the same time (assuming they were using different weapons, and you can identify the weapons by their sound, which can be difficult with late game suppressed guns).

Sure, this doesn't matter if they were right on top of each other, but if they were at different angles from you, it could influence your decision to attack/avoid 1 angle over the other.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

DrGreatJob posted:

Boy, they really hosed this game up, huh? They didn't even fix some of the poo poo they claimed with this patch, such as my gun randomly acting like it's not set to automatic. I also was killed inside a house by a red zone today! :downsbravo:

It's early access, no need to get your panties in a wad

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Killfeed is important for finding out when AWP havers die.

DrGreatJob posted:

I also was killed inside a house by a red zone today! :downsbravo:

That's a feature.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

fletcher posted:

It's early access, no need to get your panties in a wad

Sorry, we thought this was the thread for the game and talking about the game.

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

ChesterJT posted:

You thought wrong, hope you learned your lesson.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

ChesterJT posted:

No, it's for bitching about streamers and not understanding why anybody would ever want to watch a stream

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
And bragging about my 100% win rate, bitchessss

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The report button is pretty weird. The code of conduct says you can be banned for stream sniping, but doesn't explain what stream sniping is. lol

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

hawowanlawow posted:

The report button is pretty weird. The code of conduct says you can be banned for stream sniping, but doesn't explain what stream sniping is. lol

Shooting into the river. You must never do this.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Discospawn posted:

The camera's actually in the right spot, right on the character's face. It's just that the whole world is bizarrely out of scale and it was harder to tell from 3rd person.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

When this game goes full can we please keep these pages of complaining about bugs and streamers?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Discospawn posted:

Shooting into the river. You must never do this.

:pusheen:

Horn honking still the best.

Neon Belly posted:

When this game goes full can we please keep these pages of complaining about bugs and streamers?

It's guaranteed because they will never stop whining. Our honking/shaming them is just a natural reaction.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
If you are going around honking on peoples streams it may be a good time to take a step back and re-evaluate what you are doing with your life. You may in fact be a loser. :(

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i love how after they decided to put a horn in they made it the most loving obnoxious horn I'm never not honking

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

I haven't had a chance to honk the horn yet. Does it change pitch as a vehicle is driving by? This is important

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Buggies don't have horns.
hosed up imo.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
lol this update is so broken

duo first person just throws both people into first person solo matches

revolther
May 27, 2008
But first person solo matches together. :getin:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it really should've been a first person game from the get go.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

fletcher posted:

If you are going around honking on peoples streams it may be a good time to take a step back and re-evaluate what you are doing with your life. You may in fact be a loser. :(

For someone who is tired of hearing about streamers you sure mention them in every post. Most people don't give two shits if a streamer is in their game or not, they just want to honk and have a good time.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Went around the military base honking the horn to the tune of the Terminator theme and managed to run over one person before I got shot to death

They really need to fix the servers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

fletcher posted:

It's weird how every post you've made in this thread is like the exact opposite of what's cool and good.

• Locked thread