Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

jebeebus posted:

Hm well Jecht and Seifer are my two main DPS right now so maybe it could be useful later, good to know

Yeah, definitely keep it in mind; that BSB will make your boys do that much more damage. Imperils are huge, especially with rarely-resisted elements like Dark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
how the gently caress did we all get so many Hope BSBs

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Missing that dumb 5 Dooms event feels like it has held me back more than anything else I missed in this game by coming into it like a year+ later than everyone else.

Yes, every realm gets a Torment and there will be a second torment with thief motes (I think its either XI or IX).

Also Yuffie should hopefully be getting her new stuff before too long and- oh wait that was a record mission banner, and we didn't get the first one. So maybe it'll be a while before her BSB2 and LD appears after all.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Also Yuffie should hopefully be getting her new stuff before too long and- oh wait that was a record mission banner, and we didn't get the first one. So maybe it'll be a while before her BSB2 and LD appears after all.

Please UnderstandTM.

That said, I figure the Record Missions are merely delayed instead of cancelled, similar to the Rebirth Dungeons. Not sure if the banner will show up, but her LD should come around sooner or later.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

ceaselessfuture posted:

how the gently caress did we all get so many Hope BSBs

The Audacity of Goons.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
So who's going to full dive Shelke tonight

I might do her and Morrow if we ever get him. Try out a double entrust team.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Shelke only gets her Legend Dive in the next VII event (where Rude and Elena debut) if you're planning for Entrust Battery speed clears.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Hahaha, we will never get Morrow.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Schwartzcough posted:

Hahaha, we will never get Morrow.

The hopeless optimist dreams that they will reskin the FF Legends characters into a different set of characters from a different game, maybe even give us a FFRK/FFBE collab. Hell, swap out Wreig's Dragoon for Samurai and you actually basically have Rain, Fina, and Lasswell, as far as skillset goes.

The realist in me recognizes that we'll never get anything like them. There's no drat way.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

KataraniSword posted:

The hopeless optimist dreams that they will reskin the FF Legends characters into a different set of characters from a different game, maybe even give us a FFRK/FFBE collab. Hell, swap out Wreig's Dragoon for Samurai and you actually basically have Rain, Fina, and Lasswell, as far as skillset goes.

The realist in me recognizes that we'll never get anything like them. There's no drat way.

That said, hey, maybe they're sort of starting to maybe try, just a little? Looks like we may be getting a global-exclusive Babby's First Event:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/6rc2cq/a_new_mysterious_event_has_been_hard_coded_into/

fattybomchacha posted:

As per title, there was a stealth data push which involves a new series of events, and I dare say it's Global Exclusive

This series of events include 3 sub events featuring Realms VII, X and XIII
Here are some event texts:

VII
These dungeons are for new players. Recruit heroes from FINAL FANTASY VII, and strengthen those heroes as you go through the dungeons!
You can recruit Red XIII, Tifa, Sephiroth, Aerith, and Vincent!

X
These dungeons are for new players. Recruit heroes from FINAL FANTASY X, and strengthen those heroes as you go through the dungeons!
You can recruit Lulu, Yuna, Tidus, Jecht, and Rikku!

XIII
These dungeons are for new players. Recruit heroes from FINAL FANTASY XIII, and strengthen those heroes as you go through the dungeons!
You can recruit Hope, Vanille, Lightning, Snow, and Cid Raines!

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
So I've actually been considering the upcoming FFXV banner:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5zvwfu/crownsguard_journey_with_sworn_friends_jp/

My A-team needs better DPS and better healing and this seems to provide both. Anyone have any thoughts/experience with these Breaks?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Iris's BSB is arguably the best white mage BSB in the game. Gladio's BSB is a reasonably good earth-element physical BSB (worse than Yang, but pretty much everyone is). Noctis's BSB ... isn't that good. Gladio's OSB is an excellent stat stick and a meh OSB, Noctis's OSB is very good if you have his (not out yet) USB, all three LMRs are pretty good, and Noctis's SSB is actually really good for an SSB.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Dollar pull got me Vincent's LM hat. I have no SBs for Vincent. A five star is a five star I guess.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Zurai posted:

Iris's BSB is arguably the best white mage BSB in the game. Gladio's BSB is a reasonably good earth-element physical BSB (worse than Yang, but pretty much everyone is). Noctis's BSB ... isn't that good. Gladio's OSB is an excellent stat stick and a meh OSB, Noctis's OSB is very good if you have his (not out yet) USB, all three LMRs are pretty good, and Noctis's SSB is actually really good for an SSB.

So the majority of the banner is decent to good? That seems pretty convenient!

I was thinking this one or the Edge/Rosa banner, but Rosa only gets two relics on it.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Zurai posted:

Noctis's BSB ... isn't that good.

Might want to double check that buddy. Noctis can get doublecast combat from his LMR, but even without it his BSB has CMD1 High Quickcast and CMD2 Stoneskin and smart-ether so you can endlessly Omega Drive.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

$1 pull got Vincent's BSB. I'll take it.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Might want to double check that buddy. Noctis can get doublecast combat from his LMR, but even without it his BSB has CMD1 High Quickcast and CMD2 Stoneskin and smart-ether so you can endlessly Omega Drive.

Smart-ether and bubble on a command sounds good on paper, but what I'm hearing is that he sacrifices damage for utility, but has a near-chainable CMD1.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
One pull:

Not too shabby!

Went into hoping for anything other than an LM without an accompanying SB, came out with a fully equipped Vincent. That'll make my first strong magic dps

Hairy Right Hook fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Aug 4, 2017

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

lightning osb, hope bsb1, and arc ssb (pblink)

eh...okay. I like the pblink but that means i have to take a healer that isn't ysh.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Yes. Like I said, not that good.

Spending a turn doing zero damage to ether is a very, very bad idea. It completely kills your damage output. Command 1 is OK, but nothing that stellar compared to other available options for other characters. Being limited to 2 hits and 0 elements makes it pretty subpar.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Zurai posted:

Yes. Like I said, not that good.

Spending a turn doing zero damage to ether is a very, very bad idea. It completely kills your damage output. Command 1 is OK, but nothing that stellar compared to other available options for other characters. Being limited to 2 hits and 0 elements makes it pretty subpar.

We're just going to have to disagree then. If thats the worst thing on the banner I think its pretty safe for people to pull on.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

lightning osb, hope bsb1, and arc ssb (pblink)

eh...okay. I like the pblink but that means i have to take a healer that isn't ysh.

Arc's instant pblink is very, very good. Absolutely good enough to beat ysh's burst in a fast paced dps race fight.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I'm happy with this

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

ceaselessfuture posted:

So I've actually been considering the upcoming FFXV banner:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5zvwfu/crownsguard_journey_with_sworn_friends_jp/

My A-team needs better DPS and better healing and this seems to provide both. Anyone have any thoughts/experience with these Breaks?

I'd say the XI banners after it look better, but overall, if you can hold off, you're still better off holding out till the fest. The upcoming V banner with Bartz relics is probably the best of the upcoming banners in the next 2 months, but it's also not as helpful for newer players missing medicas, astras, and radiant shields.

It's great for future Magicite element coverage though. Probably the best banner between now and their opening if you can get a tricked out Bartz, since he'll be able to solo cover 4 elements.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
The Bartz stuff looks cool but I'm pulling on the FF6 banner instead because Shadow and Setzer :jiggled:

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Okay, this amount of Hope's Gloves you guys are getting is actually kind of weird.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Cinnamon Bear posted:

We're just going to have to disagree then.

Let me put it this way: Alternating Omega Drive->Cmd2, you're dealing 284 potency of damage every turn on average (568 every two turns). That's less than just using a different character with a better ability, such as Edge or Shadow with the upcoming 4 hit ninja skills which both hit harder and charge faster. His command 1 does barely more damage than a Lifesiphon (190 potency vs 180) and is limited to two hits when most other BSBs have four hit commands, plus the only thing which can boost its damage is his USB and you can't use his cmd2 with USB up because you replace the 100% HP bubble with a 30% HP one.

Noctis's BSB is just objectively not very good. It isn't bad, it's just not very good either.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

If thats the worst thing on the banner I think its pretty safe for people to pull on.

This, however, is quite the non-sequitur. I never said either that Noctis's BSB is the worst thing on the banner (it isn't, Iris's SSB is) or that the banner is unsafe for pulling on. In fact, I was pretty sure I'd given the opposite impression.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Okay I'm sorry I was flippant because I thought something was good when it has now been objectively proven wrong.

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Okay I'm sorry I was flippant because I thought something was good when it has now been objectively proven wrong.

I believe Zurai here literally writes the boss guides for the Japanese version for Reddit, debating him was always going to be tough, like facing Nemesis.

Steve, what battle is that?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'm pulling on the FF6 banner instead because Shadow and Setzer :jiggled:
Same. I was planning on pulling on IV for Edge but with that getting pushed back I might as well save for the real #1 ninjaman. Plus I already have Rosa USB and Setzer is my main support so might as well try to make him stronger!

iamsosmrt posted:

That's 300 gigases. "I stacked tellah 30 atk/mag, ramza shout/chant, triple imperil, faris bringing three defense breaks, 2 holy+ gears, truthseeker rm and agrias legend dive for extra holy%"

edit: \/ I believe yes but only up to the character's amount of HP, not the full damage amount

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 4, 2017

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Would radiant shields work on the tonberry king's It's Sharp!?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I think you can only reflect as much damage as HP you have.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Okay, this amount of Hope's Gloves you guys are getting is actually kind of weird.

Always Lucky!

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010

iamsosmrt posted:

I believe Zurai here literally writes the boss guides for the Japanese version for Reddit, debating him was always going to be tough, like facing Nemesis.

Thats the current jump start torment, the ffii gigases.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Alxprit posted:

I think you can only reflect as much damage as HP you have.

At the same time, with enough Last Stands, that's a hefty chunk of damage.

It's Sharp! really wants a lot of Last Stands and raises flying around.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

I managed to down the Apoc version, but we were chaining Penelo/Yuna/Selphie USBs/Curaise and Raise the entire time and still ended up losing people.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Are mage legend materias meant to take a lot more investment than physical characters, or did I just happen to make weird choices? I have like 2.5 physical characters fully dived, but I'm not even halfway through a single mage yet, and all the mages I have an immediate interest in seem to require roughly the same amount of 5* motes.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Are mage legend materias meant to take a lot more investment than physical characters, or did I just happen to make weird choices? I have like 2.5 physical characters fully dived, but I'm not even halfway through a single mage yet, and all the mages I have an immediate interest in seem to require roughly the same amount of 5* motes.

Just kinda bad luck on our end - we're getting Rebirth dungeons much later (which would have pretty much evened it out). It more or less balances out in the end.

Mage characters all use pretty much the same motes, sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

At the same time, with enough Last Stands, that's a hefty chunk of damage.

It's Sharp! really wants a lot of Last Stands and raises flying around.
If you have Galuf's Unyielding Fist (his very first SB, probably never coming back) or his Unshaken Resolve (his first SSB) you can basically just cheese the fight with a source of AoE regen and your choice of heavy damage. The trick is to make sure everyone else's health isn't quite at full (unlike Galuf's), so that he "taunts" and negates all the crazy single-target attacks. Ultimate Junk will still hit the party, but you can generally get by with Protectga/breakdowns/AoE regen. (You can also hit-and-run the fight freely, but this should only matter for A+.)

• Locked thread