Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So I am at a bit of a cross roads and I'm not sure which direction to go.

Do I spend my WB mats on native T2 dudes or! Do I use them to T2 dudes that I have ready?

I know that the Native T2 dudes are a huge money sink but I would assume they are worth it in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Thanos is extremely good tier at pvp. I'm beating jean greys in timeline about 90% of the time with him

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

So I am at a bit of a cross roads and I'm not sure which direction to go.

Do I spend my WB mats on native T2 dudes or! Do I use them to T2 dudes that I have ready?

I know that the Native T2 dudes are a huge money sink but I would assume they are worth it in the end.

I'd save the mats for native T2s and just use the monthly T2 tickets for the rest.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

Dumping thousands of bios into him, same as Thanos and Jean Greezy and the Black Order.

Is he worth it, really?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I guess my line of thinking is that since I can only clear to about stage 10 of the SL T2ing 2-3 dudes a month would really speed that up.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

ThermoPhysical posted:

Is he worth it, really?

The normal Black Order characters will help you progress way faster than Dormammu. Getting Proxima and Corvus will be more helpful, Dormy costs the same as the 2 of them combined.

For your question though, a native T2 is most likely better than T2ing a character you have ready. But it depends so much on which character you plan on advancing.

If you're thinking of SL primarily, a native T2 is a straight up EZ floor clear. If you T2 2 bad characters with the same resources, you might come out short.

Real question is what dudes are you thinking of T2ing naturally in lieu of the native options.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Tom Gorman posted:

The normal Black Order characters will help you progress way faster than Dormammu. Getting Proxima and Corvus will be more helpful, Dormy costs the same as the 2 of them combined.

For your question though, a native T2 is most likely better than T2ing a character you have ready. But it depends so much on which character you plan on advancing.

If you're thinking of SL primarily, a native T2 is a straight up EZ floor clear. If you T2 2 bad characters with the same resources, you might come out short.

Real question is what dudes are you thinking of T2ing naturally in lieu of the native options.

I've already got Ant-Man, ShaRog, Loki, Moon Knight, Rocket, Silk, Songbird, and Spider-Man (Parker) at T2. Still can't do SL. I think I'm terrible at this game. :v:

I have Strange at 5 star, 4 mastery, 5/5/5/5. It's hard to get him higher since I'm still working on the Rank 6 BAM.

Wolverine is 2 x (?), 1 mastery.

Proxima is 3 star, 3 mastery, 13/13/13/13. I need 4 Rank 4 to get her to 4 star.

ThermoPhysical fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Aug 2, 2017

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

But I guess this is Thor themed so I'm hoping for the entire lame Wrecking Crew! And Thunderstrike! And Beta Ray Bill! And the frog!

sold

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

I know people have been complaining about a stealth nerf to WBI box quality, and while I sometimes get 6 white boxes in a row, this can also still happen:

After opening the blue box I got another purple one right away!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tom Gorman posted:

For me right now I've got the following dudes at 420,

Black Widow
SIF
Coulson
Gwen (gonna ticket her)
Red Hulk
Elsa
Iron Fist
Sharon
Medusa
Black Bolt

So those would be ones that are ready now with a few more on the way. I know that a few of them are perfectly fine at T1 but I really loving suck at playing them I guess because I can't do poo poo with them (I'm looking at you Hobo Fist).

I feel like I could T2 all of those dudes in the time it takes me to finish one of the native T2's.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

For me right now I've got the following dudes at 420,

Black Widow
SIF
Coulson
Gwen (gonna ticket her)
Red Hulk
Elsa
Iron Fist
Sharon
Medusa
Black Bolt

So those would be ones that are ready now with a few more on the way. I know that a few of them are perfectly fine at T1 but I really loving suck at playing them I guess because I can't do poo poo with them (I'm looking at you Hobo Fist).

I feel like I could T2 all of those dudes in the time it takes me to finish one of the native T2's.

Gwen (gonna ticket her)
Red Hulk
Elsa
Iron Fist

These, and to a lesser extent Black Bolt, are all good T2 SL floor clear ppls\

Order of quality in SL I'd probably say Elsa, Red Hulk, Iron Fist, Gwen, BB

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

MarcusSA posted:

I know that a few of them are perfectly fine at T1 but I really loving suck at playing them I guess because I can't do poo poo with them (I'm looking at you Hobo Fist).

FWIW Iron Fist in particular is massively improved by T2. Not being able to do much with him at T1 is pretty normal. Arranging these in order of goodness in shadowlands IMO

Elsa - With her uniform she might still be the best speed T2 overall.
Gwen (gonna ticket her) - Excellent. Ton of iframes and a good heal for topping up between them that gets better with her uni. I usually use her on a hulk energy damage reflect relay.
Iron Fist - Can have some survivability issues but is otherwise totally solid. Give him an invincible obo. I usually use him on an IF boss using bullseye to lead for dodge ignore.
SIF - An excellent choice for a female combat hero. Only actually good with her uniform. Maaaay be worth waiting for Ragnarok for another uni? But she's not in it afaik. Slight edge in SL because of the lady relay stages later on.
Red Hulk - Great. Top tier combat T2. Damage can be a little meh in my experience but he's tank as heck and his leadership is good for a bunch of people.
Sharon - Uh, yeah. People say you don't NEED to T2 her but... she's really good. Only this low on the list because you can probably solo poo poo in SL with her at T1.
Black Bolt - Preeeetty good? I went for him over Medusa and he gets the job done but he's not completely incredibly imo. I have the tuxedo uniform. Still die sometimes when using him on the Falcon / Winter Soldier relays but with backup to swap to occasionally he can do it no prob.
Black Widow - Decent to solid at T2. Better choices for female speed heroes out there but she's wicked easy to farm.
Coulson - Poop himself, but will help give big numbers on ABX and is sort of required for WBU. Basically useless in SL because he's blast, one summon is speed, and the other is combat.

Medusa - Don't have her T2 so I dunno if it's a big improvement. I can solo a universal relay with her at T1 pretty easily though.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Aug 2, 2017

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

NmareBfly posted:

FWIW Iron Fist in particular is massively improved by T2. Not being able to do much with him at T1 is pretty normal. Arranging these in order of goodness in shadowlands IMO

Elsa - With her uniform she might still be the best speed T2 overall.
Gwen (gonna ticket her) - Excellent. Ton of iframes and a good heal for topping up between them that gets better with her uni. I usually use her on a hulk energy damage reflect relay.
Iron Fist - Can have some survivability issues but is otherwise totally solid. Give him an invincible obo. I usually use him on an IF boss using bullseye to lead for dodge ignore.
SIF - An excellent choice for a female combat hero. Only actually good with her uniform. Maaaay be worth waiting for Ragnarok for another uni? But she's not in it afaik. Slight edge in SL because of the lady relay stages later on.
Red Hulk - Great. Top tier combat T2. Damage can be a little meh in my experience but he's tank as heck and his leadership is good for a bunch of people.
Sharon - Uh, yeah. People say you don't NEED to T2 her but... she's really good. Only this low on the list because you can probably solo poo poo in SL with her at T1.
Black Bolt - Preeeetty good? I went for him over Medusa and he gets the job done but he's not completely incredibly imo. I have the tuxedo uniform. Still die sometimes when using him on the Falcon / Winter Soldier relays but with backup to swap to occasionally he can do it no prob.
Black Widow - Decent to solid at T2. Better choices for female speed heroes out there but she's wicked easy to farm.
Coulson - Poop himself, but will help give big numbers on ABX and is sort of required for WBU. Basically useless in SL because he's blast, one summon is speed, and the other is combat.

Medusa - Don't have her T2 so I dunno if it's a big improvement. I can solo a universal relay with her at T1 pretty easily though.

This is perfect thanks! I just T2d Gwen with a ticket and I'll do Elsa in a day or so (I do have her uniform).

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Nice. T2 Gwenpool is one of my go-to speeds now if you have the uniform. She's seriously Wolverine-lite and one of the only truly survivable speeds besides Elsa.

Plus it's Gwenpool.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Ok, my other sad, bizarre hope is that Alpha Flight is added to the game at some point. So if I'm going to take six team members, I'd go with: Guardian, Sasquatch, Shaman, Snowbird, Marrina, and Puck.

Northstar and Aurora have the same powers (and they bore me) so forget those muties.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
In line with other people's posts, I need some advice on choosing my first ever T2's :

I have two T2 Tickets, and 10 possible choices that are almost ready to use them on. Which two should I choose, fellow goons?

Baron Mordo
Black Bolt
Black Panther
Captain America
Sharon Rogers
Hulkbuster
Iron Fist
Magneto
Singularity
White Tiger

I was thinking Captain America and Iron Fist, but I'm imagining some would say forget Cap and T2 Sharog instead.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Wizchine posted:

In line with other people's posts, I need some advice on choosing my first ever T2's :

I have two T2 Tickets, and 10 possible choices that are almost ready to use them on. Which two should I choose, fellow goons?

Baron Mordo
Black Bolt
Black Panther
Captain America
Sharon Rogers
Hulkbuster
Iron Fist
Magneto
Singularity
White Tiger

I was thinking Captain America and Iron Fist, but I'm imagining some would say forget Cap and T2 Sharog instead.

Sharon Rodgers and Iron Fist

Magneto should be on your listand you should be able to natural t2 him quickly

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Sharon Rodgers and Iron Fist

Magneto should be on your listand you should be able to natural t2 him quickly

Thanks!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Wizchine posted:

Baron Mordo
Black Bolt
Black Panther
Captain America
Sharon Rogers
Hulkbuster
Iron Fist
Magneto
Singularity
White Tiger

White Tiger

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Most value-wise I think IF and Black Bolt but you also want unis for both of them. Sharon is amazing but if these are your first T2's you might get better bang for your buck elsewhere. Don't T2 Cap unless you are doing it for personal reasons. Magneto is next on list probably.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Magneto is loving awesome.

That is all.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

NmareBfly posted:

Most value-wise I think IF and Black Bolt but you also want unis for both of them. Sharon is amazing but if these are your first T2's you might get better bang for your buck elsewhere. Don't T2 Cap unless you are doing it for personal reasons. Magneto is next on list probably.

I have the Hobo Fist costume, and everyone (including myself) is pushing for him, so he's a done deal.

I'm still waffling on the 2nd one. Thanks everyone.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

make that second one sharon rogers. yes, shes real good at t1, but at t2 shes even better and will let you push further into endgame content / make the stuff you do now trivially easy

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

White Tiger

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It depends on what your goals are. If you are looking to beat more Shadowland floors, T1 Rodgers can do that, so you can hold off and use it on someone like Black Bolt that you can bolster up to solo a SL floor on his own.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Just a heads up for the dudes in marble hebrons, we hit alliance store level 9! Now you can buy cnorns with your alliance tokens! This is cool because if you were like me and were being stuck on the wolverine/jean 1000 mkraan stage you can covert th cnorn to mkraans in the converter in the lab! You can also do the black antimatter to Phoenix feathers too! This is a really good way to get a little extra everyday and before you know it you'll cut off a ton of time for a couple of the best charCters in the game!!!

Also I got 2 orange chests from wbi today so I am super excited for my incoming 2000 universal Norns or whatever!

Which reminds me, I've seen a couple of people talk about needing regular norn stones for the dr strange quest, you can also convert norn stones to a different kind every day! The converter is sort of forgotten as a thing in the lab it it can help you get that little more every day for basically free.

Ramadu fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Aug 3, 2017

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Speaking of chaos norns, I'm on that section of both epic quests and I'm not sure which one I should finish first. I only have 5 characters at rank 6 right now, so I'm not getting them very quickly. The Wolverine quest doesn't require as many, but Strange seems more useful.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zokari posted:

Speaking of chaos norns, I'm on that section of both epic quests and I'm not sure which one I should finish first. I only have 5 characters at rank 6 right now, so I'm not getting them very quickly. The Wolverine quest doesn't require as many, but Strange seems more useful.

Wolverine is great and imo I would finish his quest first simply because it's gated behind less bullshit. I feel like you'll end up with him much faster and have the other 5 xmens to play with.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Strange better, Wolvie faster. Wolvie would help you in WBR so he'd probably be the quicker help to get you to Strange.

And yeah, if you do Wolvie you can easily keep going with Beast, Rogue, Cyclops, and Storm to double your 6* roster.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

With Those push notifications that tell me to login now to get _______ , how fast do i hve to login to get them? I just tried like ten minutes after it popped and had nothing in my mail. And when im already logged in and those notifications appear i dont seem to get anything either

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Those notifications have never worked, ignore them

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

oh. thats dumb.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
My work schedule is changing and with my bio's and crystal subscription all ending i will be taking the 15 day break to get the welcome back rewards
I understand if i get kicked from the guild for now

I'll pop in and offer any advice i can and absolutely will be back after the 15 days

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Tiny Chalupa posted:

My work schedule is changing and with my bio's and crystal subscription all ending i will be taking the 15 day break to get the welcome back rewards
I understand if i get kicked from the guild for now

I'll pop in and offer any advice i can and absolutely will be back after the 15 days

Yeah I won't kick you. Just return whenever!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
https://twitter.com/Marvel_FFightUS/status/893305555770630145

o shi

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I can't guess. Because I have no idea. But I am very excited!!!

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Kly posted:

With Those push notifications that tell me to login now to get _______ , how fast do i hve to login to get them? I just tried like ten minutes after it popped and had nothing in my mail. And when im already logged in and those notifications appear i dont seem to get anything either

thechalkoutline posted:

Those notifications have never worked, ignore them

what? No. If you don't get it, just log off/back on and click it when it pops up. It might time out if you log in and leave it sit. The only ones you can only buy from that screen are the VIP rewards ones. The stark stash and bio selector you can get from the shop whenever.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't know the Spider Verse story but I don't see 2099 in there and that's one of the few alternate Spider Mans I know. I'd be cool with him but I'd love to see Jessica Drew. And sorta Julia Carpenter. Or Scarlet Spider? I guess I know a decent number of Spider alts.

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS
This update is starting to sound like it's going to be pretty massive. There's whatever is going on with Titania/Thor, potentially Apocalypse, the SL update, and now a Spiderverse character? I'm trying not to get too hype, but if we're not just getting the Wrecking Crew and they follow through with Apocalypse, I will definitely be renewing my sub because gently caress yeah.

I know it's insanely unlikely, but I keep hoping since they finally got on the X-Men train, that the Apocalypse update will include Cable and Deadpool (even though I know he doesn't have much to do with Apocalypse, but c'mon!). I haven't gotten around to reading Spiderverse or Venomverse, but I'm going to add hoping for a Ghost Rider/Venom symbiote costume. Venompool would be fun too, but I think that's way too much of a deep-cut, and CoC already beat them to that one. Basically what I'm saying is that I love Venom, so I want them to give him another new costume that can wreck this new rear end in a top hat Homecoming Spiderman costume that I don't have yet, because the Timeline Battle meta sucks pretty hard right now.

What are even the relevant events going on in the MCU and comic land? Thor: Ragnarok is coming down the pipe, The Inhumans, and The Gifted (dunno if that would count). I'm not really current with the comics, but I guess Venomverse and Secret Empire are the major things right now, right?

EDIT: Oh god, it's going to be Spiderpig isn't it?

Nails fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Aug 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Defenders next week.
Inhumans in September.
Ragnarok and Runaways in November.
Agents of Shield S5 in January.
Black Panther in February.
Punisher and Daredevil S3 unannounced yet.
Deadpool 2, Cloak and Dagger, New Warriors, Infinity War, Ant Man & Wasp, Luke Cage S2, Jessica Jones S2, and more in 2018.

So many options coming down the line in just MCU/other movies even without just doing other general comic or random stuff. It makes me so excited.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Aug 4, 2017