Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

angryrobots posted:

*next shot pans to a streak of yellow mustard-base sauce staining the plain beige wall, and a shattered plate on the floor*

behead those who enjoy mustard barbecue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Man if all your food comes out of a replicator that makes a power outage so much worse. I never thought of that and I've seen that one DS9 episode multiple times.

O'Brien mentions Starfleet emergency rations a couple of times. He's not a fan.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
So my back went out for a couple of days and there is no better time than to binge watch Enterprise.

So in the final episode...was Riker's peck on a frozen T'pol scripted or was that a little Frake's touch

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

FuturePastNow posted:

O'Brien mentions Starfleet emergency rations a couple of times. He's not a fan.

obrien liked them

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

corn in the bible posted:

obrien liked them

The same OBrien who claimed ships in bottles were great fun?

The man will say anything to put a smile above a 4 pip collar.

Because he knows Keiko is incapable of it.

naem
May 29, 2011

computer: meat. Obrien. hot.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

obrien liked them

Came to post this, smiley loves his rations.

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Im gonna replicate Hitler

Alright, but you might not have enough replicator rations to do it in one go. Ensign Kim had to save up for a while for his clarinet, and that's got to be at least twice as much.

Still not sure why that pattern's in the replicator, but you're probably only going to use it once - Every time you replicate him he's just identical. No variation at all. It's all down to how you cook him.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Man if all your food comes out of a replicator that makes a power outage so much worse. I never thought of that and I've seen that one DS9 episode multiple times.

If they can make matter from energy then they should be able to do the reverse.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Brofessor Slayton posted:

Alright, but you might not have enough replicator rations to do it in one go. Ensign Kim had to save up for a while for his clarinet, and that's got to be at least twice as much.

Still not sure why that pattern's in the replicator, but you're probably only going to use it once - Every time you replicate him he's just identical. No variation at all. It's all down to how you cook him.

Because it's loaded with more drugs than a racehorse, that's why.

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

Inescapable Duck posted:

In the 24th century racehorses that break a leg are phasered, deconstructed into energy and used to replicate glue.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I have to imagine, having eaten a pretty decent amount of field rations (IMPs, MREs) that Starfleet rations can't taste THAT bad. I mean, even the bad ones I had (Ham steak in mustard sauce, omelette in salsa (or as we called it, the bloody lung) didn't taste terrible.

It was more the texture than anything, and I'm sure a organization with anti-matter energy production and quantum teleportation can make a gray brick of matter taste like a fine dining experience

Also I bet they're energy dense as fuuuuuck. A full MRE provides something like 3000 calories.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

According to Bashir they can but they just don't.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Brofessor Slayton posted:

You're right. It's weird they had the clarinet recipe in there.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I assume the clarinet recipe wasn't in every replicator. I seem to remember in TNG that Worf and Data had to use a special replicator in some room when they were picking out wedding gifts for O'Brien. The same thing could apply to replicating Hitler.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

EvilTaytoMan posted:

I assume the clarinet recipe wasn't in every replicator. I seem to remember in TNG that Worf and Data had to use a special replicator in some room when they were picking out wedding gifts for O'Brien. The same thing could apply to replicating Hitler.

Yeah, I figured that there were special replicators for durable goods.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
And don't forget they're using Cardassian replicators in most of DS9, which they apparently couldn't strip the civil defense programming out of. Human-palatable foods would have to be added to their selection.

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

EvilTaytoMan posted:

The same thing could apply to replicating Hitler.

New thread subtitle right here.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Inescapable Duck posted:

William Shatner earlier this week was riding in a racing horse and buggy and the horse got spooked and knocked it over and he tumbled out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6N9MQ8VBSY

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

William Shatner earlier this week was riding in a racing horse and buggy and the horse got spooked and knocked it over and he tumbled out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6N9MQ8VBSY

lol, what a stupid looking little buggy.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

obrien liked them

O'Brien seems to enjoy pain, though

naem
May 29, 2011

Keiko def had some kind of dominatrix thing going on quietly at home

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

angryrobots posted:

*next shot pans to a streak of yellow mustard-base sauce staining the plain beige wall, and a shattered plate on the floor*

That's South Carolina :colbert:

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

feedmegin posted:

Hell, it's the only GOOD thing about this state.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Gorelab posted:

Hell, it's the only GOOD thing about this state.

Kys

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Everytime they mention something is required reading at starfleet academy it always sounds like the most boring thing imaginable.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

feedmegin posted:

That's why riker was pissed

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

JediTalentAgent posted:

Maybe you're there doing an internship at Sisko's restaurant or something. Learning the art of the cooking so you can go off to some other colony and ply that trade as authentic Earth cuisine and extol the greatness of human creativity to the stars.

I once wondered if to exist as a human in the Trek universe and get all your free stuff is to just master some specific skill that regardless of how much or how little it is in demand. You have a 'value' to society with that skill and they'll eventually just ship your rear end off to somewhere or make you do that job or eventually teach that skill to others so that it never vanishes from human memory as a payment for all the utopian free stuff.

I always thought of it more like, either you really express yourself with cajun food, its like a calling, so you want to hang with the best / nicest guy around and just cajun it up with him all day, just doing what you love

or you're really all about something else like theatre or beetle fighting but sisko is the coolest, so you do a couple shifts a week to help him out. its totally worth it because that way you can get reservations for your friends when they're really hard to get and he's also really good people and he's helped you before with your beetle fights. besides, his son is a Starfleet captain and loving smashing it so you know that will be good for something

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Something about the way Colm Meaney holds phasers in his gross meaty paws always makes them look like especially cheap toys.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Janeway just knocked out the bad guy, and instead of saying "two to beam up." She says "gently caress it, let's go steal our stuff back."

Also John Rhys-Davies should have stuck around and shared the holoemitter with The Doctor.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The General posted:

Janeway just knocked out the bad guy, and instead of saying "two to beam up." She says "gently caress it, let's go steal our stuff back."

Also John Rhys-Davies should have stuck around and shared the holoemitter with The Doctor.

She also calls Leonardo Da Vinci, someone whom she supposedly greatly admires, a small-minded fool.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Captain Candiru posted:

Something about the way Colm Meaney holds phasers in his gross meaty paws always makes them look like especially cheap toys.
What about me hands, mate?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Watching the TNG ep with the Binars. Worf hangs a lot of dong in his parisi squares outfit.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Screencaps or timestamps. Pay the toll.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

shadow puppet of a posted:

Screencaps or timestamps. Pay the toll.
A true fan needs neither

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Worf's dick and balls moving around like two hamsters in a wool sock

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Klingons have 7 balls and 4 dicks

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Klingons have 7 balls and 4 dicks

Don't they have a bunch of redundancies? It checks out.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jose Oquendo posted:

Don't they have a bunch of redundancies? It checks out.

One of B'Elanna's gripes about her poor quarter-Klingon baby is she'll have a third lung :qq:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

One of B'Elanna's gripes about her poor quarter-Klingon baby is she'll have a third lung :qq:.

One of her gripes…

What if B'Elanna and Keiko encountered one another. Would they shack up or cancel each other out?