Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

rogue wave posted:

I hear people bitch so much about there not being enough titles, but we know about like 80 so far, and I personally have more than I can really handle already and I am still planning on purchasing 5 more games that are already out there.

I think the people that still say that are the same people that gobble up every COD and Ubisoft open world game each year.

The update that adds the original graphics to Cave Story+ is live on the NA eShop.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Aug 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

Zelder posted:

Bayonetta is better than devil may Cry and I say this as someone who beat the best dmc, 3, on every single difficulty

This is a Very Bad and Wrong opinion, as someone who loves Platinum games and the DMC games writ large; DMC3 is the gold standard and I will brook no argument. DMC3 > MGR > Bayo 1 > Vanquish

rogue wave posted:

I hear people bitch so much about there not being enough titles, but we know about like 80 so far, and I personally have more than I can really handle already and I am still planning on purchasing 5 more games that are already out there.

I made a comment earlier about the quality of the physical releases on the Switch so far, but it's less bitching about there not being enough titles and more a generalized question about Nintendo's business practices. I didn't buy a PS4 until it had been out for a minute, and I got one at the holiday season with no issues. I obviously can't see the future but I highly doubt there will be Switches in abundance for holiday 2017; my remarks were basically to the effect of wondering if Nintendo enforces artificial scarcity for nebulous purpose. Trying to get a Wii for my younger brother when that released was a fuckin' nightmare, and I'm fully prepared for the same situation to come about this year. I guess my full point would be "the games on it as of today are not worth buying the console for, but since you probably won't be able to find one at Christmas, you should suck it up and get it now."

There's a couple things that bother me, the relatively uninformed consumer, about how Nintendo conducts business, and that's one of them, combined with things like not including an AC adapter in the New Nintendo 3DS XL or having two-foot cables on the controllers for the NES Classic.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
If you're looking for instant value in terms of buying a console and having a ton of exclusive games, why are you buying at launch? Launch is literally the worst time to buy it if that's your goal.

ETA: And, honestly, the Switch launch has been pretty drat good. There's an exclusive title every month this year. Even if it's a title I'm not into, obviously Nintendo is throwing their weight behind this console and wants it to succeed. They seemed to have learned their lesson from the lack of games on WiiU.

Morby fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Aug 4, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No, Nintendo doesn't employ artificial scarcity. That's one of those conspiracy theories that just doesn't hold up to any scrutiny at all. No company does this. Even in home video, the Disney vault is done for stock they want to get rid of.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I seriously don't understand why people think a company would sell even one fewer unit than they could. Ideally they have one unit on the shelf at all times. They don't want to make too many, but they want to have one for every person willing to trade them cash for it.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

guts and bolts posted:

This is a Very Bad and Wrong opinion, as someone who loves Platinum games and the DMC games writ large; DMC3 is the gold standard and I will brook no argument. DMC3 > MGR > Bayo 1 > Vanquish

Bayo 2 > DMC3 > Vanquish > God Hand > Bayo 1 > MGR > surprise appearance by Viewtiful Joe > the rest

Know my words and deeds. Also DMC4 isn't great but I really like the SE edition. Also Bayo 1 is probably better than God Hand but God hand holds a special place in my heart

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
MGR is super overrated imo, not even comparable to Bayo or DmC

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bleck posted:

It's so drat good once you get parrying down and start ripping everything apart for spines. I'm sad it'll never get a sequel.:(

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Rexroom posted:

https://twitter.com/8bitdo/status/893124434482962433

Arcade stick board that's at least half the price of the Hori brand.

I don't need this, but I want this.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

katkillad2 posted:

I don't need this, but I want this.

I'll grab it if it's good quality. I'd mostly use it on PC though.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Bleck posted:

It's incredibly charming and a lot of fun, but I agree that the core gameplay mechanics don't hold up in the same way

Edit: also an overrated platinum game is still miles ahead of almost every other game

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
slime-san looked kewl until the chuck norris joke

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM33Hr94SKw

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

MGR's level design is insanely lame

you have some sewers

and a warehouse full of boxes

and a cargo elevator

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The Tetris part of Puyo Puyo Tetris is practically loving unplayable with the Pro Controller because the d-pad is like an Xbox 360 level of inaccurate will randomly hard drop like 3 pieces in a row and this goddamn game doesn't allow custom button configs in AD 2017

The joycons aren't any better with the separate buttons for the d-pad equivalent, and it all makes me wanna loving die because I just wanna play some goddamn Tetris

How did Nintendo gently caress up the d-pad, why am I in this nightmare timeline

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That cat returns in Bayonetta 2 and it owns.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Bayonetta 2 would be perfect for the Switch...

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

raditts posted:

The Tetris part of Puyo Puyo Tetris is practically loving unplayable with the Pro Controller because the d-pad is like an Xbox 360 level of inaccurate will randomly hard drop like 3 pieces in a row and this goddamn game doesn't allow custom button configs in AD 2017

The joycons aren't any better with the separate buttons for the d-pad equivalent, and it all makes me wanna loving die because I just wanna play some goddamn Tetris

How did Nintendo gently caress up the d-pad, why am I in this nightmare timeline

yeah the dpad on the pro controller is insanely bad. trying to play breath of the wild is annoying as hell, especially if i'm mashing the horse whistle

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How can the split joypad be a problem in Tetris? If you're worried about accidentally dropping pieces, that will never happen in the joycon buttons, you just aren't going to accidentally press up.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Maybe it's a problem with the game itself? I know I found it unplayable on the individual joycons due to having to use the joystick, and super triple gently caress that to getting three more full sets of joycons for Tetris just to be able to use the joycon buttons as dpad.

Couldn't you program the game to be super lenient on joystick movement side to side for moving pieces, and a lot tighter up/down for drop and hard drop? I don't know, I guess that could cause other problems and it's a balancing act. I have 20 years of muscle memory with The New Tetris on the N64 dpad that I guess I can't move on from.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Some people can only play Tetris on a 4-gate arcade stick. It just takes a bit by of adjustment.

You want the best PPT experience, though? Pokken controllers.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
if you have the switch dock wired up for ethernet, will it switch to a wireless connection when you undock it?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SeANMcBAY posted:

That cat returns in Bayonetta 2 and it owns.

I really hope that cat is a super-boss in a future Platinum game :allears:.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

How can the split joypad be a problem in Tetris? If you're worried about accidentally dropping pieces, that will never happen in the joycon buttons, you just aren't going to accidentally press up.

The joycon buttons just suck for playing the game is all, almost as bad as using the analog stick. Although even there I had a couple of instances where when I wanted to hard drop one piece it would also hard drop the next 1-2. It's bad times either way for me.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

dragon enthusiast posted:

if you have the switch dock wired up for ethernet, will it switch to a wireless connection when you undock it?

Of course.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

raditts posted:

The joycon buttons just suck for playing the game is all, almost as bad as using the analog stick. Although even there I had a couple of instances where when I wanted to hard drop one piece it would also hard drop the next 1-2. It's bad times either way for me.

This even happens to me with a wired Pokken controller, I'm not sure if the problem is the game or the Switch controller driver or what

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

guts and bolts posted:

This is a Very Bad and Wrong opinion.

artificial scarcity.

That's a lol.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Beastie posted:

Oh that is disappointing. I'm not looking for "hit your dick with a hammer" difficulty but I'd prefer if the game forced me to think tactically and made me make tough decisions.

But it is a Mario game so who knows.

A lot of modern Nintendo games are designed with literal children in mind, so guessing it's not gonna be XCOM cruelty or general difficulty til the very end of the story mode, then after the credits the real game begins. It's been a pattern with a lot of their games of late. New Game+, challenge maps, or whatever the hell. And probably DLC.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
ARMS is getting an update soonish. What kind of and when will be announced in the near future.
https://twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter/status/893306007299817472

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

irlZaphod posted:

This week's drop.

Switch

ACA NeoGeo Aero Fighters 2 | NA

Switch is getting some Shoot-em-ups this week with both ACA NeoGeo Aero Fighters 2

This is the game where you can be a dolphin fighter pilot! I played this as a kid in an arcade and thought that was hilarious

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Zelder posted:

It's incredibly charming and a lot of fun, but I agree that the core gameplay mechanics don't hold up in the same way

Edit: also an overrated platinum game is still miles ahead of almost every other game

agree

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Here's like a 48 minute preview from GameXplain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17c1262y5TE

Thanks, got it after this and it's pretty solid. I like platformers with tons of poo poo to do and this works.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Bayonetta 2 is one of the greatest games ever made and if you're squicky and weird about the "pervy" poo poo (that is actually rad) you don't deserve it in your life and thus will live an incomplete life.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

what's the line I can use so my GF doesn't think i'm a sexpest for playing bayonetta when she's home?

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Al Borland Corp. posted:

No company does this.

:laffo: What about the very forum you posted this on

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

well why not posted:

what's the line I can use so my GF doesn't think i'm a sexpest for playing bayonetta when she's home?

:sever:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

well why not posted:

"She's actually an empowering feminist icon, don't slutshame her."

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

oh so u lie, gotcha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

well why not posted:

I'm gay.

• Locked thread