Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

well, veto xbone right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

bowmore posted:

Nah we need a new system

PS5 isn't out for ages.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

this is going in the pool room (OP)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

JBP posted:

PS5 isn't out for ages.
Persona 5 came out last year mate

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I only play western games, sorry.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

I only play western games, sorry.

Like colonialism.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Is it cultural appropriation of Western traditions when China colonises parts of south-east Asia?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

thatbastardken posted:

Is it cultural appropriation of Western traditions when China colonises parts of south-east Asia?

No, because China has owned those lands for 600 years.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Milky Moor posted:

Nice one Mr Sharon.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

JBP posted:

Stop voting and join my push for full communism now (PM me ur PSN to get started cheers)

I was sadly referring to the ones I report to welp

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

JBP posted:

Nice one Mr Sharon.
excuse me

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Milky Moor posted:

which China tho?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Vietnam will forever be #1 never defeated country and they've literally never had a better army than cranky farmers.

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!

How did I miss this the first time around?

I didn't even notice the pot plants holy poo poo.

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012
That transcript is hilarious. It reads like "Malcom [sic]" is the straight man in a comedy sketch about how stupid Trump is.

quote:

TRUMP
...I will say I hate it. Look, I spoke to Putin, Merkel, Abe of Japan, to France today, and this was my most unpleasant call because I will be honest with you. I hate taking these people. I guarantee you they are bad. That is why they are in prison right now. They are not going to be wonderful people who go on to work for the local milk people.

TURNBULL
I would not be so sure about that. They are basically —

TRUMP
Well, maybe you should let them out of prison.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

MonoAus posted:

That transcript is hilarious. It reads like "Malcom [sic]" is the straight man in a comedy sketch about how stupid Trump is.

Except the comedy sketch is the country we all have to live in.

:toot:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
In an unsurprising twist, a Family First senator is still a flaming garbage heap of a person

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

kirbysuperstar posted:

"mother of 13"

I would have thought she was an insane crazy person even before reading she was an abortion protester.

Foaming at the mouth? Has rabies? Check.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Probably should have stopped this boat ay mate.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Demanding that we stick by the laws and norms our founding fathers laid down shows a remarkable lack of historical understanding coming from a woman of color.

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012
No no - "We should ban same-sex marriage because my brother once had to wear girls clothing as child and didn't like it" is a really sound and logical reason imho.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

hooman posted:

Demanding that we stick by the laws and norms our founding fathers laid down shows a remarkable lack of historical understanding coming from a woman of color.

A bold post.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
All the human rights lawyers in the world couldn’t have laid bare the moral degeneracy of our asylum seeker program more successfully than the fat baby president with dementia

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

racing identity posted:

All the human rights lawyers in the world couldn’t have laid bare the moral degeneracy of our asylum seeker program more successfully than the fat baby president with dementia

Pool room

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

JBP posted:

Vietnam will forever be #1 never defeated country and they've literally never had a better army than cranky farmers.

That's selling the NVA way short but hey, white people gotta white.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I dunno. North Vietnamese strategy was kind of like Zapp Brannigan vs the Killbots.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I don't get the reference but I suspect you're wrong.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Can I just pop into say how hosed Medicare seems to be at the moment?

I don't really know what's going on, I realistically only go to the doctor once or twice a year when I'm sick and today was one of those days. So it feels like every year I go down my list of GPs in my surrounding suburbs which do bulk billing and the amount of practices that bulk bill at all has narrowed down to about 3 and most GPs seems to only bulk bill in extremely specific circumstances (I had one tell me that they only bulk bill if you're a war veteran or under 18) but it just wasn't like this a year or so ago I've noticed alot of GPs that used to bulk bill or provide Medicare rebates simply don't anymore and charge anywhere from 80 to 100 dollars for an appointment.

I shouldn't have to suburb hop to get affordable basic appointments what is going on?

Are we being americanised by stealth?

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
They froze the Medicare rebate for years and years so they can’t afford to bulk bill anymore

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

racing identity posted:

They froze the Medicare rebate for years and years so they can’t afford to bulk bill anymore

This.

Also They was the federal government and the flow on effect is that every emergency department in the country gets more and more walk ins every year. Significantly more. Every year.

Enjoy your 12 hours waiting times to get your broken leg seen to because preventative treatment is evaporating across the country for many people due to bad governance.

(it's real easy to just blame that doctor or this nurse but ultimately it's the workload going up every year without fail and health care facilities struggling to cope overall)

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Aug 4, 2017

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Starshark posted:

I don't get the reference but I suspect you're wrong.

it's a very simplistic view of it but yes they did engage in good ole human wave shenanigans

for reference a lot of north Vietnamese commanders were trained in chinese military academies, along with chinese officers given them a hand with forming strategy

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Starshark posted:

That's selling the NVA way short but hey, white people gotta white.

Look at them vs everyone ever. They're winning all the time for the milk people.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-04/man-jailed-for-whipping-and-poisoning-neighbours-dog/8776088

quote:

An Adelaide Hills man who beat his neighbour's dog with a whip and fed it sausages filled with lead and glass will spend a month in prison after being sentenced in court today.
Peter Kevin Kelliher, 65, caused his Strathalbyn neighbour's female golden retriever 'Mia' serious injuries when he whipped it, and long-term health problems from lead poisoning.
The court heard Kelliher left sausages containing lead filings and shards of glass in his neighbour's yard on multiple occasions.

bring back the death penalty

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

The release of that transcript is the first time I've felt genuinely depressed about the loss of John Clarke since he died :(

Oh god that is depressing. He would have eaten it up and spat out gold.

Anidav posted:

Are we being americanised by stealth?

Out of the mouths of babes and Anidav :colbert:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

This is the sort of thing why one of my friends taught his dog to only eat on command. And it was a specific swear word you had to say to get it to eat, too.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress some people, no words man

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Like... fucken why?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
part of me wishes his punishment was eating the samebsausages he fed the dog

Adbot