Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Made $15 today so the crates are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

using trading card money to open my first crate and get bloody shoes was a good result because now i won't be tempted to spend any more money, trading card or otherwise, on crates at all.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Made $15 today so the crates are good

Yeah, I made $30 with the crates today. Thank you Mr Player Unknown for refunding my game.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Wasn't this an actual exploit at some point, given the invulnerability you get in water?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

ShadowMar posted:

using trading card money to open my first crate and get bloody shoes was a good result because now i won't be tempted to spend any more money, trading card or otherwise, on crates at all.

Loaded five bucks into my Steam market account a while back and made myself an outfit that more or less hides me in brush and blends in with *most* buildings. As I recall the most expensive single item was the camo jacket.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
yeah it's no diablo 3, but getting almost a full refund on this game by selling these terrible crates is pretty satisfying

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/164316048
The New Patch is Very Good (server lag aside)

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Yeah the addition of horns means you can take a car and blast it as you peel away, stranding them in the blue

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Next patch better give the buggy 3 horns, all of which play La Cucaracha

The Dukes of Hazard horn is also acceptable

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Zomborgon posted:

Wasn't this an actual exploit at some point, given the invulnerability you get in water?

You could shoot out of a car underwater in May? April? Something like that.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Are people getting the duos FPP bug where you don't have your team mate on the HUD and when one of you dies the game just ends for both of you? We tried at least a dozen times after we figured out what was happening and we couldn't play it and had to go back to 3rd person.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Mauser posted:

Are people getting the duos FPP bug where you don't have your team mate on the HUD and when one of you dies the game just ends for both of you? We tried at least a dozen times after we figured out what was happening and we couldn't play it and had to go back to 3rd person.

Same.

Duos FPP is broken as gently caress right now. Wait for the hotfix to give it another chance.

As far as the patch goes, I'm most excited to drive at breakneck speeds through towns and known populated areas, blowing the horn like a maniac.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Mauser posted:

Most people are. Me and my buddy when we tried duo first person it outright put us into separate games which we confirmed by going to the same location on countdown isle.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I like how fpp needs to be called out as a beta in an early access game, that's some next level poo poo

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
Early access is the best new scam ever. $30 and now monetized loot crates? The game is broken now? Deal with it; it's early access.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

PantsBandit posted:

I get the argument that it's early access and people buy in with the understanding it's a WIP, but releasing an update for a game that is significantly worse than the previous version is not a good look. They obviously don't have to delay patches but you should have some pride in the product you're putting out there. If they had just said "we're having some significant issues with the latest patch and will be delaying it for x days", would anyone have really cared?

i'd have zero issues with it if they didn't add paid crates. that poo poo shouldn't be added until release (really never but whatever). they have plenty of money to run this poo poo until it's done.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
Has anybody been able to test the hotfix they have put out? Apparently the game is fixed again! I can go back to looking forward to failing in first person duos.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Redundant posted:

Has anybody been able to test the hotfix they have put out? Apparently the game is fixed again! I can go back to looking forward to failing in first person duos.

Was there another hotfix since 2pm EST yesterday? (18hrs previous to this post). I tried last night, and the lag was still there which made it unplayable for me. I think the hotfix I'm referencing was the one that broke duos.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

cosmicjim posted:

Early access is the best new scam ever. $30 and now monetized loot crates? The game is broken now? Deal with it; it's early access.
Have you checked out ARK: Survival Evolved?

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Hockles posted:

Was there another hotfix since 2pm EST yesterday? (18hrs previous to this post). I tried last night, and the lag was still there which made it unplayable for me. I think the hotfix I'm referencing was the one that broke duos.
A tweet was made 30 minutes ago, so maybe? I can't say for sure though I'm afraid.

FE: https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/893438533725073409

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

nachos posted:

I like how fpp needs to be called out as a beta in an early access game, that's some next level poo poo

Yeah I found this really loving funny. So does the beta-ness multiply for the fpp servers? or is it additive? wtf bluehole we want answers

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
The lag yesterday really added to the horror elements. I heard footsteps all around me. The door flickered open and shut impossibly fast while making a racket. A man blinked into existence before, gun leveled at my face. Then he disappeared and I was dead.

All it was missing was a little person speaking backwards and some red curtains.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

mlmp08 posted:

The lag yesterday really added to the horror elements. I heard footsteps all around me. The door flickered open and shut impossibly fast while making a racket. A man blinked into existence before, gun leveled at my face. Then he disappeared and I was dead.

All it was missing was a little person speaking backwards and some red curtains.

That gun you like is going to come back in style.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Redundant posted:

A tweet was made 30 minutes ago, so maybe? I can't say for sure though I'm afraid.

FE: https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/893438533725073409

Not sure whether duo's are fixed but the lag is gone now, that problem is definitely fixed.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

abigserve posted:

Not sure whether duo's are fixed but the lag is gone now, that problem is definitely fixed.

Hallelujah!

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Yeah just tried a fpp game fps seems a lot better and no server lag as far as I could tell.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
How do you get keys for these big money crates?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The lag hasn't been to bad for me. Hell I've been doing better than ever in solos

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Captain Beans posted:

How do you get keys for these big money crates?

You get it to stop bugging out and it allows you to buy one.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

The lag hasn't been to bad for me. Hell I've been doing better than ever in solos

It's gone completely now as far as I can tell

Someone just needs to tell the thread if the duo fpp poo poo is fixed as well

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I mean yesterday.

Someone said the keyless crates are going to stay but they're called weekly crate #1

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Haha holy poo poo I put up the blue shoes on the marketplace for :10bux: and it sold within 30 seconds. It's still baffling to me that people will blow hard-earned money on digital shoes.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
I randomly took off yesterday, and the game was a lag fest the entire day, of course.

It seems to be ok once the first 20 people or so die. I also had a game where it was the final 20 and I coudn't control anything because of lag. I come to crawling into the top 3. And promptly died.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

PantsBandit posted:

Haha holy poo poo I put up the blue shoes on the marketplace for :10bux: and it sold within 30 seconds. It's still baffling to me that people will blow hard-earned money on digital shoes.

I rolled my Twitch Prime garbage clothes money into keys for bloody sneakers and an orange shirt. Gonna ride this trade up bubble.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

The SKS is pretty loving great in FPP. Just click heads. I probably could have won that game if I had a helmet. My lv3 got shot off in the blue and I didn't have time to stop and loot one :ohdear:

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I didn't have steam authenticator set up and now my stupid crate is held until august 19. I just want my $3 assholes

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Wait.

You can punch while crouching now.

Holy gently caress.

Duke Jan
Dec 27, 2009

AGITATING SKELETON
So when are they going to implement jumping out of cars (without dying I mean)? What I really want to do in this game is drive over a hill near a house, jump out of the car and through the window, do that tacticool roll they showed off on twitter a few days back and headshot a streamer, all while my buddy keeps honking the car horn.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Count Bleck posted:

Wait.

You can punch while crouching now.

Holy gently caress.

WHAT

COOL!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU