Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

also given the fan base has used this game as an excuse to devolve into hee-larious "ironic" racism (a reminder that most of the best friends community is sadly trash garabage) I rather they have done basically anything else

Don't read YouTube comments. Or really anywhere that's not SA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Also don't use fanbases as a baseline for what they should or shouldn't play

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

WampaLord posted:

Don't read YouTube comments. Or really anywhere that's not SA.

Don't read SA either

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Andrast posted:

Don't read SA either

Wait, but you responded...so...you read my post...

I'm so confused. :psyduck:

Captain Invictus posted:

Also don't use fanbases as a baseline for what they should or shouldn't play

Fuckin this. The LA Noire playthrough has been terrific, I have 0 complaints.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Andrast posted:

Don't read SA either

yeah I'm not sure when I'm complaining about ironic racism you'd bring up this forum as some kind of bastion of Anything That Is Not That

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

don't read, you're not a librarian, fuckin' nerds

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
SA has such a good TBF fanbase they managed to be the only place to permanently scare off Matt. That's a feat.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Tae posted:

The only solo content i enjoy is pat and that's because of paige making GBS threads on him

What is enjoyable about woolies weird incubater ramblings

Every single Gun To Your Head video is a joy to watch

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

The Deleter posted:

Nobody was brave enough to go on that adventure with him.

Also, probably a good idea they don't risk the main channel if the LP gets TOO SPICY and YT takes action. I don't know how that stuff works, but I have to assume there's a possibility of fallout.

On solo content, it's funny, I think Pat's solo content is the worst, but his side content is strong because he's rarely solo. Woolie VS has been great aside from Tablelords, but I just hate watching TT games played online so I grant that may just be a me thing. Which is a shame, the name is spectacular.

hoobajoo fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Aug 1, 2017

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

hoobajoo posted:

Pat's solo content is the worst

Pat Stares is always fantastic what are you talking about

it was the only good part of Evil Within, for example

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Holy gently caress I forgot how video games the final parts of LA Noire got

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm picky but I'm glad LA Noire has been running for so long. Didn't care about Dark Souls the First after this long and Silent Hill never interested me.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The worst part about LA Noire is it created the massive, sprawling, historically-accurate rendition of the area and then did gently caress all with it.

The LP rules though. The way the game continues to chug along and break randomly(like traffic AI just utterly breaking entirely mid-cutscene and only Pat noticed it) is the best

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Brennan's story of how MLK went through the wormhole knowing he'd die was incredible.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Brennan's story of how MLK went through the wormhole knowing he'd die was incredible.

I can't believe its canon

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Depths posted:

I can't believe its canon

It transcends canon into actual non-fiction. He knew he had to die. He's basically the Nameless one.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
today's twd is peak best friends

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tae posted:

today's twd is peak best friends

poo poo you ain't kidding, that was an extremely good, solid episode both game-wise and banter-wise. I'm sure the writing will take a nosedive from here on out.

Really shocked that Gabe managed to be halfway appealing somehow.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I've tried to watch that Bible Black video and every time I try to it's just a 14 second gif of Mac and Me and the video keeps getting longer as I watch it.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Oh god, I almost forgot about that stupid film strip you find in LA Noire. Why does it exist?!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Watching ep 41 and holy poo poo when did this modern Sonic the Hedgehog level creep up on us?!

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Wiseblood posted:

Oh god, I almost forgot about that stupid film strip you find in LA Noire. Why does it exist?!

I can see one of those guys making a recording as insurance against the others/ for a deal if potentially prosecuted, but that doesn't explain the cinematography. I suppose LA has a lot of directors turning to freelance espionage in tough times.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I feel like this has been happening a lot in LA Noire, where you're trundling along picking up small clues and then welp, here's the place with everything, mystery gone.

I know that fits with some cases where you're being deliberately misled for plot reasons but it seem to happen in regular rear end cases, too.

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

It's becoming more and more apparent since the whole Elsa scandal that they had development issues. The arson desk is pretty interesting, but more and more you're getting these weird leaps in plot or weird glitches.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Holy poo poo, they changed the channel name.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tae posted:

Still shows up as Sw1tcher on my subscription feed

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Burkion posted:

Still shows up as Sw1tcher on my subscription feed

It's still The Sw1tcher in the web address but the name of the channel is now Super Best Friends Play

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tae posted:

poo poo well there goes the one constant I had left in my life. Rip in peace, Thesw1tcher.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

"The whole pedophilia thing has been a bonus" -- Woolie Madden

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Matt's struggles with the "sister" situation in bb is great.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Was rewatching stuff and found this classic moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNGXFZlW47Q&t=1065s

This is a man trained by ninjas in the art of stealth. The Goddamned Batman. And his idea of "oh poo poo, gotta hide!" is to stand in a partially opened doorway with his face clearly visible.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the FURY at these horrible games is the best part of this scrublords. Pat just CAN NOT STAND CLAYFIGHTER, and who can blame him honestly. This is fantastic

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

WampaLord posted:

Was rewatching stuff and found this classic moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNGXFZlW47Q&t=1065s

This is a man trained by ninjas in the art of stealth. The Goddamned Batman. And his idea of "oh poo poo, gotta hide!" is to stand in a partially opened doorway with his face clearly visible.

I'm more amazed that he decided to hurl his high-tech gear and armor - stuff that definitely proves he's Batman - on the floor like a teenager, and has to pick it up and carry it away like it's laundry day.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5XzP9pIexQ

Pat....why torture yourself?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

:lol: literally 5 minutes later, TWD literally retcons Pat's decision. I love this series just for his reactions.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
Season 3 has been bad but this episode is next level about it, what the hell even happened behind the scenes? There's absolutely no focus and everything feels like some kind of fever dream.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The hypest Kelso episode and Woolie couldn't be more excited. It fits his style.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzjso0dt-tM

Youtube Comment posted:

The Zaibatsu would hype the gently caress out if they saw this.
:allears:

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Aug 7, 2017

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I like how TWD seasons are now 3 for 3 on "Hey look at this stable, peaceful seemingly desirable community EXCEPT FOR OH NO CANNIBALS/FACISM/VIOLENCE AND STUPIDITY"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

isn't that just the walking dead in general?