Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016

The Dennis System posted:

New thread title is gross.

Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I hope a giant steps on some more people.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

jfc after watching a few clips on youtube i can safely say jon sno is the least charismatic guy on the entire show, and the least charismatic lead in any show ive ever seen.

I think that's a little hyperbolic, but, yeah, he's a boring dude.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

The Dennis System posted:

I think that's a little hyperbolic, but, yeah, he's a boring dude.

I may not have seen the most boring character in this show yet, true, but i can state with confidence that i honestly havent seen any lead more boring, bland and "meh" ever.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I for one say we need less boobs and more penises

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Trast posted:

Data got it on a few times during the show. He got more action than Geordi did.

Being the Reading Rainbow guy can't be a good way to get a lot of action.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
More man butt too. Jaimes backmeat last episode was a refreshing palate cleanser after dungeon torture

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Dany is pretty loving dull, imo

She must come from the Michelle Rodriguez School of Make the Same Face All the Time

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Toadvine posted:

More man butt too. Jaimes backmeat last episode was a refreshing palate cleanser after dungeon torture

I really liked the way she grabbed his bum.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Over There posted:

With or without warts?

ribbed for YOUR pleasure.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Episode 4 got leaked ya'll

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

bloom posted:

nice lets get a real spoiler in the thread title

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Only starting to watch it now, will spoil if no one beats me to it.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Over There posted:

Easy to solve this conundrum by having all characters naked all the time but otherwise acting normally.

Big tits, little tits, saggy tits. Big dicks, little dicks, weird bent dicks.

Everyone happy.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

bloom posted:

:eyepoop:

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The amount of rapes and torture in ep4 has set a new low for this show.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Does that mean there are no rapes or torture? I'm not sure how that statement works with GoT.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

bloom posted:

Only starting to watch it now, will spoil if no one beats me to it.

I guess the Tyrells did have enough money to pay back all the Iron Bank debts lol
Littlefinger gives Bran the valyrian steel dagger that was used by the assassin that tried to kill him which he then gives to Arya after she gets back to Winterfell.
New autistic Bran tells Meera to "thanks" after she spent all that time dragging his gimp rear end back to Winterfell. She returns to her home planet.
Jon shows Dany some cave drawings the Children of the Forest did. It shows them united with the First Men fighting against the undead. Dany still refuses to help Jon unless he bends the knee haha
Suddenly logistics matter again and Dany is worried she can't feed the Dothraki because Cersei took Highgarden / all the food :psyduck:
Dany learns about Casterly Rock and thinks she should go take her dragons and burn the gently caress out of the Red Keep. She asks Jon Snow what he would do, he advises against it because the commonfolk might feel bad :psyduck:
Arya has a friendly sparring session with Brienne and it ends in a draw :psyduck: :psyduck:
Jon and Reek have their reunion at Dragonstone
The Dothraki attack the Lannister army as they are loading the food into King's Landing. I guess the bloodrider that fought Jorah in s1 was a real loser because these guys do way better against armored opponents. Also Dany and the dragon are loving poo poo up.
I guess logistics don't matter again because Dany is burning everything indiscriminately including the wagons full of grain.
Jaime isn't a complete idiot and orders archers to fire on Dany and Bronn to use the ballista. Bronn lands a hit which forces Dany to land. Jaime goes for the kill on Dany but is saved from fiery dragon death at the last second by someone pushing him into a lake. Final scene is Jaime sinking in a lake.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Aug 4, 2017

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Over There posted:

I believe in a world where boobs and penises can both share screentime equally.

^^^ You have to be kidding about the bend the knee part.... Dany is more and more a character I hope dies soon. The Night King will bring us deliverance and (hopefully) cool action scenes in which everyone dies.

Glad to read Bronn is doing something cool again, he deserves it.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Aug 4, 2017

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

big nipples big life posted:

Does that mean there are no rapes or torture? I'm not sure how that statement works with GoT.
Either more figurative or less figurative.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I guess the Tyrells did have enough money to pay back all the Iron Bank debts lol
Littlefinger gives Bran the valyrian steel dagger that was used by the assassin that tried to kill him which he then gives to Arya after she gets back to Winterfell.
New autistic Bran tells Meera to "thanks" after she spent all that time dragging his gimp rear end back to Winterfell. She returns to her home planet.
Jon shows Dany some cave drawings the Children of the Forest did. It shows them united with the First Men fighting against the undead. Dany still refuses to help Jon unless he bends the knee haha
Suddenly logistics matter again and Dany is worried she can't feed the Dothraki because Cersei took Highgarden / all the food :psyduck:
Dany learns about Casterly Rock and thinks she should go take her dragons and burn the gently caress out of the Red Keep. She asks Jon Snow what he would do, he advises against it because the commonfolk might feel bad :psyduck:
Arya has a friendly sparring session with Brienne and it ends in a draw :psyduck: :psyduck:
Jon and Reek have their reunion at Dragonstone
The Dothraki attack the Lannister army as they are loading the food into King's Landing. I guess the bloodrider that fought Jorah in s1 was a real loser because these guys do way better against armored opponents. Also Dany and the dragon are loving poo poo up.
I guess logistics don't matter again because Dany is burning everything indiscriminately including the wagons full of grain.
Jaime isn't a complete idiot and orders archers to fire on Dany and Bronn to use the ballista. Bronn lands a hit which forces Dany to land. Jaime goes for the kill on Dany but is saved from fiery dragon death at the last second by someone pushing him into a lake. Final scene is Jaime sinking in a lake.

Motherfucker how are you gonna beat me by like 15 minutes. :argh:

But yeah that about sums it up. Apart from wheelchair Bran doubling down on autism and the incredibly convenient children of the forest graffiti, I thought it was actually pretty good. Danny does the first smart thing she's ever done by taking a dragon and the dothraki and mulching Jaime's army. They at least pay lip service to Tactical Realism™ by acknowledging that supplies are a thing that exist and matter(after which Danny burns them all but whatevs). Bronn continues to be the best character by laughing at Dickon's name.

bloom fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Aug 4, 2017

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I can't believe Arya fights brienne of tarth to a draw. Of all the things that seems the most outright stupid.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm just waiting for the episode where King's Landing gets overrun by the army of the dead so I can watch the highlights on YouTube :toot:

Bet Zombie Mountain gets taken over by the Night King and strangles Cersei.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Glenn Quebec posted:

I can't believe Arya fights brienne of tarth to a draw. Of all the things that seems the most outright stupid.

That makes 0 sense. Arya relies on surprise/stealth/agility/plot armor to kill. Brienne fucks poo poo up and is strong as heck apparently. In one on one planned spar - Arya shouldn't stand a chance, even with her few "dance lessons".

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

I've been all lol gay dumb series and light hearted about how lovely it is but I'm just seeing the awful fight choreography in my head and I'm getting legit mad and pissy

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

[Enter Arya and Brienne]
Brienne: lady stark you carry a sword but can you wield it

Arya, potato faced: I remember you ...with the hound...

Brienne: I kept my word to you mother, Cate lyn stark.

[They begin to sword fight and Arya amazing agility allows her to dance around much like oberyn and the mountain. ]

[Glenn Quebec turns his TV off.]

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
I thought Brienne was pretty clearly holding back because she didn't want to hurt Arya. The kick was the one "gently caress this poo poo" moment and in an actual fight would've ended with Arya getting skewered on the ground.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
none of you nonces ever been in a fight

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

How wrong you are .... Zzulu... [unseat unsheathes Hanzo steel]

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Zzulu posted:

none of you nonces ever been in a fight

I put on my black trench coat and unsheathe my replica anime katana, making a metallic "shing!" noise with my mouth

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Wrong kind of show I mean, [unsheathes valyrian steel sword named "oval office Eater"]

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Why wouldn't Arya just sneak up on her big rear end while she's asleep and stick knife down her throat? What's the point of being an assassin if you do stupid poo poo like fight fair?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
this has the potential to put my "toughest fuckers in westeros" rankings all asunder

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Who needs Valyrian steel when you can have stamped aluminium for your blade? :smug:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Here's a choice quote from grrm:

"The ship groaned and growled beneath him like a constipated fat man straining to poo poo."

I make the same noise trying to sit up from my couch to the clicker to turn the channel

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons, The Inbred Retard who took 4 episodes to figure out she should attack the other guys army

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Jaime loving rules, getting his dick sucked by the queen and squaring up against dragons

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

insulated staircase posted:

Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons, The Inbred Retard who took 4 episodes to figure out she should attack the other guys army

She should definitely have Tyrion burned alive after all his stupid plans failed. Then get Melisandre to revive Olenna as her new advisor.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
How many giants stepped on how many things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

That leaked episode is pretty good.