Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Someone find the filename for the horn sound so we can replace with the General Lee's and I can stop having that queued up on my phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Woke up early this morning and did a quick solo round. Not bad for being on my second cup of coffee.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

If you're old enough to remember enjoying the poo poo out of Microprose's Red Storm Rising, there's a game on Steam called Cold Waters that is basically the exact same thing with modern-ish graphics.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sega is launching it's own licensed ROM machine called the flashback with 85 games. Reviewers poo poo all over it, and the manufacturer is blaming faulty units.

Pretty good pre-launch imo

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
I reinstalled Fallout 4, since I've been on a bit of post apocalyptic binge after reading "The Road".

So far I've actually played the game for oh, 5 minutes tops, and installed/configured mods for 3-4 hours and counting.

:pcgaming: BETHESDA GAMING :pcgaming:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I tried fallout 4 again. Played for about ~6 hours and got stonewalled by a bugged quest line that progresses a part of the story I was finally really interested in.

Now I'm finishing Horizon instead.

I'm playing Bloodborne off and on but haven't dedicated any real time to it.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
I'm still incredibly pissed about the Shadow of War delay, even if it results in a better game.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Slim Pickens posted:

Sega is launching it's own licensed ROM machine called the flashback with 85 games. Reviewers poo poo all over it, and the manufacturer is blaming faulty units.

surprisingly late to cashing in on nostalgia, since it's not like they have much else

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

surprisingly late to cashing in on nostalgia, since it's not like they have much else

they acquired atlus in 2016 and make bank off them

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

how hard is it to build a lovely emulation box that doesn't drop frames and glitch out

jfc

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Why not just release all those games as a bundle pack or digital download? They could probably even milk it for more money. Because as much as I loved the Genesis and Dreamcast I sure as poo poo don't care to use those controllers again.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

they acquired atlus in 2016 and make bank off them

pretty sure creative assembly is their actual cash cow, not some random anime game studio

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Did that Sins of a solar empire match ever take place last weekend?
If so, who won & how bad was the pirate incursion gangbang?

Just realized I've purchased SoaSE 3 goddamn times. I stopped buying stuff from that developer (Stardock) when they went fullbore DLC 4gameplay.

This weekend, I'm definitely free for a round of DEFCON or Viscera Cleanup madness.
Or Chivalry medieval combat.

quantumfoam fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Aug 4, 2017

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Titanfall 2 single player is p good so far.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

ElMaligno posted:

can we just require people to have played the TF2 (not team fortress) campaign to post here

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

Did that Sins of a solar empire match ever take place last weekend?
If so, who won & how bad was the pirate incursion gangbang?

Just realized I've purchased SoaSE 3 goddamn times. I stopped buying stuff from that developer (Stardock) when they went fullbore DLC 4gameplay.

This weekend, I'm definitely free for a round of DEFCON or Viscera Cleanup madness.
Or Chivalry medieval combat.

No because we are useless. We'll keep trying hahaha

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

my fav chivalry video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_3VZDb7pj4

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
have a dumb video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywCNEHylHEA

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Two Finger posted:

No because we are useless. We'll keep trying hahaha

Sins is a good concept but such a annoying, uh tedious? game to play.
Star Ruler 2 has slicker gameplay, never tried multiplayer with it.

Chivalry is a perfect pop in & bash heads game. Tactics, logic, and aversion to screams need not apply.
The most difficult weapons to get kills with for me are: Polearms and 1 handed axes.
Mostly play as man-at-arms or vanguard.

Again, this weekend I am down for DEFCON, Chivalry or Viscera Cleanup multiplayer.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Magnificent

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

red19fire posted:

every sniper should be no more than 100m from their squad, or the team's front. spot constantly, flares everywhere, drill far off snipers, harass dug-in defenders on a point, leave booby traps on main avenues.

VVV I was a wrench spinner and they taught us the basic tenets of infantry tactics in a 3 week course, plus a bunch of pre-deployment specific training. The USMC historic record since Vietnam is 1 kill for every 1.7 rounds fired in combat. XX_UgOtSn1pEd_XX would get a dishonorable discharge if they got a kill for every 100 shots.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Third time in like three days he's mentioned being in the marines in the battlefield thread lol.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

What. The. gently caress.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Has anybody called him a pog-rear end bitch yet? Sounds like he's about due.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I nominate kfff

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ahahaha says he's a photographer in his profile and left this link

http://www.chrishaydenphoto.com/

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I nominate kfff

I nominate shim and kfff

Who gets to clothesline him and who gets to jump off the turnbuckle and bodyslam this idiot?

e:

red19fire posted:

YO MARINES LEAVE THE loving BOAT YOU ARE BUTT NAVY AT BEST YOU PIECE OF poo poo

me, 2/7 USMC, in fallujah

Also fun fact, the red piping on the enlisted marine dress blue uniform is based off the WW1 german uniform you see in the game.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Aug 4, 2017

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Look at that pog

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
:lol:

red19fire posted:

I should probably start recording videos of games. Last night with BUTT KREW i drilled a spawn sniper through the peephole of the sniper shield with ironsights at 150m. ONE SHOT ONE KILL USMC FOR LIFE BITHC. and then threw an anti tank grenade that quad-killed a tank during the endgame screen.

fun times, bros.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Gee I wonder why he doesn't post here he'd fit right in

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

He sounds like a badass

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

#koolkrew posted:

May 25 14:34:23 <IDR> Thought about going SEALs but its the same thing I do now so meh
May 25 14:34:30 <IDR> Could go delta

May 25 14:34:39 <*******> https://www.cia.gov/careers/opportu...ls-officer.html
May 25 14:34:58 <IDR> That gig looks pretty sweet...
May 25 14:35:26 <Rrail> a gig no one in GIP qualifies for
May 25 14:35:27 <Rrail> @ all
May 25 14:35:42 <IDR> Well, me and Iceslice do
May 25 14:35:47 <Rrail> lmao
May 25 14:35:47 <Rrail> u
May 25 14:35:50 <IDR> don't know about anyone else
May 25 14:35:51 <Rrail> what did u do
May 25 14:35:58 <IDR> Hmmm?
May 25 14:36:06 <Rrail> how do you qualify
May 25 14:38:09 <IDR> 0372, yeah
May 25 14:38:36 <IDR> So how am I unqulified for that job in anyway?
May 25 14:38:45 <Rrail> whats your degree in
May 25 14:38:50 <IDR> Chemistry
May 25 14:39:04 <Rrail> youre an enlisted person with a bachelors degree in chemistry
May 25 14:39:09 <IDR> Yep
May 25 14:39:10 <Rrail> dont take this the wrong way but the CIA doesnt hire retarded people

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Free rrail

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
After installing 155 mods, everything seems to be working fine and the game seems stable, but some armor mod is giving the missing purple placeholder texture.

I know this was to be expected, but still...

:suicide:

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

It's a really cool campaign. On the shorter side, but really cool.

I'm liking frontier defense the more I play it. Locking on to half a dozen targets with Tone and unleashing a firehose of homing missiles is very, very satisfying.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Euro Truck Sim 2 is the best nighttime game for shutting your brain off

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Jesus christ, I'd forgotten how dog poo poo Gamebryo was. I mean, how does an engine go from 60 to 25 fps just because you turn to look at the corner of the room that's facing an urban area :wtc:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I was never in and the closest I ever got was going to Ft. Lewis for ROTC so I am not in any way qualified to dunk on this guy, but loving lol.

Shockules
May 2, 2017
I'm curious where he got those metrics of 1.7 bullets fired per kill since Vietnam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

no but seriously somebody tell that fool to get in here