Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

well why not posted:

what's the line I can use so my GF doesn't think i'm a sexpest for playing bayonetta when she's home?

That it's being campy for fun, not actually trying to give you a boner. And the meat of the game is a fun action game, not something to give you a boner.

There's a difference between Bayonetta and this:

Lodin posted:

Switch really is the new Vita.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

:laffo: What about the very forum you posted this on

Something Awful forums does artificial scarcity? What is there only s certain amount of avatars to go around?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

bloodysabbath posted:

Bayonetta 2 is one of the greatest games ever made and if you're squicky and weird about the "pervy" poo poo (that is actually rad) you don't deserve it in your life and thus will live an incomplete life.

I just give it poo poo because it doesn't seem interesting at all. It's like when people call any new fire emblem game the best yet, but it's still just the same fire emblem game but looks better.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Dizz posted:

I just give it poo poo because it doesn't seem interesting at all. It's like when people call any new fire emblem game the best yet, but it's still just the same fire emblem game but looks better.

Refining already great level design and removing the weaker points (no quick time stuff that can fail cutscenes, better and more varied weapons, better giant bosses, better frame rate, etc) is why it's so good though. Not every game needs to be a radical departure from it's previous entry to be interesting, imo

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Bayonetta 1 is fantastic, I literally can't fault it in any way.

Bayonetta 2 is not AS good as Bay 1 but it is still an awesome game and I praise Nintendo each and every day for giving it to us.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

dragon enthusiast posted:

if you have the switch dock wired up for ethernet, will it switch to a wireless connection when you undock it?

note if you are playing wirelessly online and dock it will not switch to ethernet less you stop doing matches, and if you pull it from ethernet it disconnects and you gotta rejoin.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Zelder posted:

Not every game needs to be a radical departure from it's previous entry to be interesting, imo

I beg to differ with mario + rabbids.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Mario and rabbids have been a large part of every previous xcom game

Spellman
May 31, 2011

They really did run out of Nintendonium for making NES Classics. Nintendo was unable to ever find another hidden cache of this rare material

The scarcity is real

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Splatoon 2's bad tick rate + playing against west coast squids at 10:30PM EDT = me hitting a super jumping squid square in the face with my Tri-Slosher but still dying because they had already landed and loaded a clip into my face before I saw them land.

I'm also really starting to get annoyed about losing one v one battles with Areospray users, my N-Zap does more damage, why does this keep happening?

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Aug 4, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
You're supposed to be engaging Aeroshamers from slightly farther than usual since the Nzap's main draw is it's slightly longer range. The Aerospray will beat you at its pointblank range because of it's super high fire rate

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

lelandjs posted:

Splatoon 2's bad tick rate + playing against west coast squids at 10:30PM EDT = me hitting a super jumping squid square in the face with my Tri-Slosher but still dying because they had already landed and loaded a clip into my face before I saw them land.

I'm also really starting to get annoyed about losing one v one battles with Areospray users, my N-Zap does more damage, why does this keep happening?

It's the same problems the first game on Wii U had, along with "somehow an enemy Aerospray has longer range than my Splattershot Pro" or "why are my shots going straight through this fucker, who turns around and pops me in one shot" or "why is the enemy able to swim away through enemy ink / ground where there is literally no ink at all"

and yet, I am still playing the poo poo out of this game.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

lelandjs posted:

Have to have the paint down as they're landing. The only squids who should have a shot at surviving a super jump like that are trisloshers who don't have to aim when they land.

They're getting too close. N-Zap is much much much further range than the aero and any time you think someone is nearby, hang back at your max range and paint them out of hiding. They can either run away or try to run at you and die. Or die trying to run away if you painted off their escape and they don't have ink resist. The aero's only hope of winning a fight is surprise/starting the fight inside their range.

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.
i can forgive all the weird design decisions in Splatoon 2 except for the inability to sell/destroy gear

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

raditts posted:

It's the same problems the first game on Wii U had, along with "somehow an enemy Aerospray has longer range than my Splattershot Pro" or "why are my shots going straight through this fucker, who turns around and pops me in one shot" or "why is the enemy able to swim away through enemy ink / ground where there is literally no ink at all"

and yet, I am still playing the poo poo out of this game.

I haven't had the swimming without ink bug, but the "WTF WHY ARE YOU NOT DEAD I JUST INKED THE CRAP OUT OF YOU" has happened a few times, I usually chalk it up to ping/tick rate/Nintendo hating me.

Also while I like the clothing and skills it's really annoying to not have a clear picture about what you're going up against until the other player splats you and you can see their loadout. You can kinda guess based off the intro, but Splatnet items having alt skills messes it up. I'm used to shooters like Overwatch (no intraclass variances) and TF2 (weapons are visually distinct) so that I know when's a good time to engage and, if so how, to engage. I tried bombing an enemy and then finishing them off with my gun only to find out post-death they had a ton of bomb resistance.

[Edit: I know all my recent posts have been bitching about Splatoon 2 but really I do love the game, I'm just trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong and how to improve. I think my biggest issue is that I'm trying to apply my knowledge of other FPSes and coming up short because it's quite different.

Do any of the Goons who boast 1500 point rounds (without the win point bonus) have any footage of their games? I'd really like to see some high level play so I can get a better idea of how to not suck at the game.]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Aug 4, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
You're comparing class based shooters to splatoon 2 whereas splatoon is closer to the modern CoD style of arena shooters

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Nephzinho posted:

Have to have the paint down as they're landing. The only squids who should have a shot at surviving a super jump like that are trisloshers who don't have to aim when they land.

I've definitely had a couple of times where I was shooting directly at where the guy is going to land for a couple seconds before he did, and then I just explode immediately when he lands while he walks away unscathed.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I never got to play Bayonetta 1 or 2 due to ARTIFICIAL SCARCITY of my money so I am greatly looking forward to them being on Switch.

I have played as Bayonetta in smash because I bought all the dlc except most of the dumb mii costumes

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Will the bayonetta amiibo work for bayonetta

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

lelandjs posted:

I haven't had the swimming without ink bug, but the "WTF WHY ARE YOU NOT DEAD I JUST INKED THE CRAP OUT OF YOU" has happened a few times, I usually chalk it up to ping/tick rate/Nintendo hating me.

Also while I like the clothing and skills it's really annoying to not have a clear picture about what you're going up against until the other player splats you and you can see their loadout. You can kinda guess based off the intro, but Splatnet items having alt skills messes it up. I'm used to shooters like Overwatch (no intraclass variances) and TF2 (weapons are visually distinct) so that I know when's a good time to engage and, if so how, to engage. I tried bombing an enemy and then finishing them off with my gun only to find out post-death they had a ton of bomb resistance.

[Edit: I know all my recent posts have been bitching about Splatoon 2 but really I do love the game, I'm just trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong and how to improve. I think my biggest issue is that I'm trying to apply my knowledge of other FPSes and coming up short because it's quite different.

Do any of the Goons who boast 1500 point rounds (without the win point bonus) have any footage of their games? I'd really like to see some high level play so I can get a better idea of how to not suck at the game.]

On the map your opponents gear loadouts are in the top right.

For turf war big points, take something with a lot of coverage and just paint. If anyone looks at you, run away and try to come around from their blind spot. Kills really, really don't matter until the last 30 seconds. You can still control your squid while the map is up and you should totally check it out whenever you are running/painting in a straight line.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I hope Mario XCOM gets popular so maybe we get a new one without rabbits and instead get splatoon and arms characters

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
It'll just be mario x rabbids 2 sorry, that's how sequels work

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'd play SmashCOM

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Lakbay posted:

It'll just be mario x rabbids 2 sorry, that's how sequels work

Maybe it's not a direct sequel okay?! How about that

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Norns posted:

Maybe it's not a direct sequel okay?! How about that

okay.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Thank you

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Rexroom posted:

ARMS is getting an update soonish. What kind of and when will be announced in the near future.
https://twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter/status/893306007299817472

Too bad Biff isn't as good a mascot as the Squid Sisters or Off The Hook

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

turn on your monitor

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Splatoon Xcom would allow for MULTIPLE OUTFIT COODRINDATION so it's clearly the freshest choice

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
It'll be Splatoon X Rabbids

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

a.lo posted:

Will the bayonetta amiibo work for bayonetta

Perhaps in the Switch edition.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rexroom posted:

Perhaps in the Switch edition.

They could include extra outfits you unlock via Amiibos. The Bayonetta Amiibos would unlock Bayonetta themed outfits

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
This just in: Smash for Switch will require you to tap an Amiibo to costume switch as Kirby. Please understand.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Played some more Bayonetta on XB1 last night. Now I'm praying for a Platinum Games Remaster Pack that has MGR, Bayo 1 +2, and Vanquish.

I didn't realize how much I love their games. Just nonstop balls to the wall insanity.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

irlZaphod posted:

This week's drop.

Switch

ACA NeoGeo Aero Fighters 2 | NA | PAL | $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99 (eShop Only)
Gunbarich | NA | PAL | $ ? / £5.99 / €6.99 (eShop Only)
Puzzle Adventure Blockle | NA | PAL | $7.99 / £5.99 / €6.29 (eShop Only)
Retro City Rampage DX | NA | PAL | $14.99 / £12.99 / €14.99 (eShop Only)
Slime-san | NA | PAL | $ ? / £10.00 / €11.99 (eShop Only)
Strikers 1945 | NA | PAL | $7.99 / £6.99 / €6.99 (eShop Only)
Use Your Words | NA | PAL | $14.99 / £11.79 / €13.09 (eShop Only)

Switch is getting some Shoot-em-ups this week with both ACA NeoGeo Aero Fighters 2 and Striker 1945. There's also Retro City Rampage DX, if you haven't played it yet (I think I got it for free on 3DS but still haven't played it). Slime-san is a retro-style twitch platfomer. Puzzle Adventure Blockle is a sort of rotating maze puzzle game, possibly with some RPG elements? I dunno. Gunbarich is another arcade game, similar to Breakout/Arkanoid, but with added Anime. Use Your Words is a party game, I think it's similar to stuff in Jackbox Party Pack, but probably not as good.

About loving time ACA did an Aerofighters game.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Gotta be a Mario Maker coming out for this some time down the line. That was some of the most fun ever when you weren't wading through a zillion IT KILLS YOU INSTANTLY ISN'T THAT FUNNY levels. Lots of the stuff people posted here was great. Maybe Nintendo will figure out a way to relegate the completely worthless levels to the idiot corner

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

whaley posted:

Maybe Nintendo will figure out a way to relegate the completely worthless levels to the idiot corner

They already did; it's called being required to beat your own level before posting it online.

So uh, git gud?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Facetious posted:

They already did; it's called being required to beat your own level before posting it online.

So uh, git gud?

Nah, technically possible levels that kill you instantly without warning are not what Mario is about

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nintendo please release Mario maker and then someone please build a 1:1 copy of super Mario world in it and I'll be set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Bloop posted:

Nah, technically possible levels that kill you instantly without warning are not what Mario is about

Someone's clearly never played the Japanese version of Super Mario 2.

• Locked thread