Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Poultron posted:

I really hope there is a sequel or expansion on the way,

I got some bad news for you bud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Thoughts on an ancient 42-stack Fazula's vs a non-ancient 44-stack Fazula's? They're both Int/Vit/Armor/Life% (the Ancient one got max Int).

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Kyrosiris posted:

Thoughts on an ancient 42-stack Fazula's vs a non-ancient 44-stack Fazula's? They're both Int/Vit/Armor/Life% (the Ancient one got max Int).

This is basically the percentage versus flat mainstat scenario again.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Poultron posted:

I really hope there is a sequel or expansion on the way, I kind of agree with that post a little while ago that I'm getting a bit tired of the same thing every time. I do really love the game and mechanics and systems but I can only do the same thing so many times. I was hoping they'd start doing some wacky PoE-tier stuff with Seasons but the most we've gotten is challenge rifts which are only once a week. Can't they do anything to spice it up just a little bit? :smith:

Wasn't Necromancer's release them cannibalizing the remains of their in-progress expansion?

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Nuebot posted:

Wasn't Necromancer's release them cannibalizing the remains of their in-progress expansion?

That's the rumor and I believe it, but they have had those listings for a "Diablo project" for a while, so that's why I'm holding out some hope for a Diablo 4 or something (in a while, though)

I don't really want Diablo 4 because I'm deathly worried it would be more like Diablo 2.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Dross posted:

This is basically the percentage versus flat mainstat scenario again.

Yeah, about what I figured, oh well. It can chill in the stash until I get bored and reroll it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I feel like Diablo 3 is just not an important priority to Blizzard. This is their one game that doesn't bring in massive amounts of money. Even Starcraft II is bigger due to its tournament scene. All of Blizzards other games are built around having a steady stream of cash rolling in. Diablo III doesn't have that, so there's little reason for Blizzard to dedicate a lot of resources to it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I feel like Blizzard probably made untold millions off of the AH, not to mention that Diablo 3 is like one of the 10 highest selling games of all-time. It may no longer be a priority, but they made enough off of it that they needlessly kept supporting it until it was good, and now it's great.

Rhykker also really seems to think that Diablo 4 is amassing staff, and I for one am excited to see what kind of mistakes they won't make again.

Syrophenikan
Aug 17, 2010
Fun Shoe
Finally made the leaderboard in this silly game... GR93 solo necro with Rathma's set.

Now it's time to git gud with Trag so I can hit GR100.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I don't really know how I'm losing that much damage, but whatever. Seems like a solid shield to me, or am I wrong?

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Nuebot posted:

I don't really know how I'm losing that much damage, but whatever. Seems like a solid shield to me, or am I wrong?

It's from the +crit chance. Roll that somewhere in there (allres or cooldown, depends if your build uses cooldown?) and you're good to go.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

DeadlyHalibut posted:

It's from the +crit chance. Roll that somewhere in there (allres or cooldown, depends if your build uses cooldown?) and you're good to go.

I somehow missed the crit chance completely. The only cooldown I really use is land of the dead when I want everything to die ASAP so cooldown reduction isn't a huge priority.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

The second conquest requirement for Conqueror has been making GBS threads in my loving Wheaties for a while now. Fishing for two minute rifts sucks and so does hunting Gilded Barons with an inventory full of goldfind switches. I'm not particularly convinced those little fucks can drop 50 mil in one one go.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Nuebot posted:

I somehow missed the crit chance completely. The only cooldown I really use is land of the dead when I want everything to die ASAP so cooldown reduction isn't a huge priority.

Don't roll away cooldown when you have way more resistance than you need.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Guilty posted:

Don't roll away cooldown when you have way more resistance than you need.

Every elite pack is capable of one shotting me except the poison ones. I'm only on GR 65 or so.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Potential BFF posted:

The second conquest requirement for Conqueror has been making GBS threads in my loving Wheaties for a while now. Fishing for two minute rifts sucks and so does hunting Gilded Barons with an inventory full of goldfind switches. I'm not particularly convinced those little fucks can drop 50 mil in one one go.

If you want to do it the boring way you can farm up 50x T10+ bounty caches and open them at same time to get 50mil+ gold. You'll also be set for a while with bounty mats.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Potential BFF posted:

I don't think gilded barons work anymore as their gold was nerfed a few patches ago. A t13 gilded baron barely drops 20m now. You can do the ruins of corvus on T10 with just boon, a green gem in your helm, gold in paragon, and I went with leo's in the cube just to be sure and made it just past half-way. You want to run through it first opening all of the doors and triggering all of the little crabs first so there's no waiting at all and you won't make a wrong turn into a dead end since you'll have the full map available to you. Alternatively, if you don't want to do this, or the bounties/caches suggested above, cow level works great too since there are hundreds of them, like 20 chests, and a bunch of bodies on the ground that spew out gold. T10-13, whatever you can instantly and easily melt without relying on a cooldown and just pace your way in a circle, spiraling to the center and triggering the event for more cows/gold.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Also I have a question about legendary gems since I should probably slot those in; is there any particular piece of equipment to best use them on? I have a few of those items to add slots to things too.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Nuebot posted:

Every elite pack is capable of one shotting me except the poison ones. I'm only on GR 65 or so.

It's not their spells that are one shotting you. It's the fact that your armor is too low. Also 17% life is pretty tiny. That's a negligible 1,700 life if you have 1million HP, and if you're running GR 65, you don't have 1 mil hp

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Nuebot posted:

Also I have a question about legendary gems since I should probably slot those in; is there any particular piece of equipment to best use them on? I have a few of those items to add slots to things too.

You can only use them on jewelry, so those.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Yea. I'm pretty sure you all are right. I haven't managed to top 20 mil out of a Baron.

My nerd crew has been balking at the idea of fishing for a 2 minute rift or running the 20 min boss gauntlet. I'm fairly sure I can solo a 2 minute rift with a CE cooldown cheese nec but the RNG has not been kind.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

A two minute rift on T10 is just something that will naturally happen over the course of playing Diablo if you play any sort of speedfarming spec.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

You can only use them on jewelry, so those.

Oh, okay. Makes sense. The description says it can be used on Jewlery so I kind of assumed it was optional. Guess I'll slot in what I can and hope to find some better rings soon.

Guilty posted:

It's not their spells that are one shotting you. It's the fact that your armor is too low. Also 17% life is pretty tiny. That's a negligible 1,700 life if you have 1million HP, and if you're running GR 65, you don't have 1 mil hp

I have like 600k :negative: Is getting my armor up just a matter of finding more ancient gear?

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Potential BFF posted:

Yea. I'm pretty sure you all are right. I haven't managed to top 20 mil out of a Baron.

My nerd crew has been balking at the idea of fishing for a 2 minute rift or running the 20 min boss gauntlet. I'm fairly sure I can solo a 2 minute rift with a CE cooldown cheese nec but the RNG has not been kind.

We managed the 20min boss mode with 2 players but it got really close, we had maybe half a minute to spare at most. If you can get 3 or 4 players it should be easier.

Everyone has to get in on all the bossfights so you run as far as you can and when someone triggers a boss fight you tp to town, and after the boss you teleport to town through the map and enter your old tp to continue where you left off.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Potential BFF posted:

Just mention to them that they can just master 8 set dungeons and suddenly, spending 10 minutes fishing for an open rift, or 20 minutes doing the boss run, seems like a great idea.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Avarice is pretty simple. Just find a bit open outdoor rift and have boon maxed with avarice. I think I did it on TX and slowly just did sweeps around the map. GR75 is pretty doable with most classes (or just PL a necro or wiz and have it in about 6 hours :v:) and the boss one isn't too bad if there's some coordination. 4 peeps, everybody has assigned bosses and the last one there is the one you do first with everybody else porting to town. I did it with some goons over discord a few seasons back and I was pretty slow but we still got it first try.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Guilty posted:

Interesting math

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

I've always used the Ruins of Corvus trick for Avarice since I hate fishing for rifts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXq8aG3co6I

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Definitely the easiest way to guarantee the conquest. I'd hug the walls a lot more during the initial runthrough though since you can trigger many more of the little crab dudes and not have to worry about running out or even having to clear the whole thing.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Boss mode is Not Hard at all even with a teeny bit of coordination

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Vomik posted:

Interesting math

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this.

sfmarine7
Aug 26, 2004
hey, how's it going

Nuebot posted:

The crit, as you mentioned, but I think the most important stat is Max essence if you're running a build with shadowhook cubed?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

sfmarine7 posted:

The crit, as you mentioned, but I think the most important stat is Max essence if you're running a build with shadowhook cubed?

Jesseth's Skullshield can't roll essence as a secondary, but not sure why (likely an oversight). Even if it could, essence secondary is not the most important stat compared to others that bring far more damage, like 10 crit in this case.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, about what I figured, oh well. It can chill in the stash until I get bored and reroll it.

Update: rerolled it in the cube, got an ancient 48 stack belt :hellyeah:

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Vomik posted:

Interesting math

Stupid gotcha nit-picky society we have these days

His core message is right though. HP hoarding is probably the least desirable way of boosting survivability.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
I've been debating that with the Trag set since you get essentially twice the value. Obviously you need other defensive stats still but it would be fun to tinker around with how big of a health pool you could get. st archews gage would provide a hell of a shield if you stacked it with other bonuses, for example.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Bust Rodd posted:

I feel like Blizzard probably made untold millions off of the AH, not to mention that Diablo 3 is like one of the 10 highest selling games of all-time. It may no longer be a priority, but they made enough off of it that they needlessly kept supporting it until it was good, and now it's great.

Rhykker also really seems to think that Diablo 4 is amassing staff, and I for one am excited to see what kind of mistakes they won't make again.

They straight up include dialogue that says, "Then Diablo is out there again somewhere" when you finish Act 5, so D4 is inevitable.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

^burtle posted:

They straight up include dialogue that says, "Then Diablo is out there again somewhere" when you finish Act 5, so D4 is inevitable.

Yep.

That said, I'm kind of curious what the lag time is going to be like on it. Blizzard is notorious for taking their sweet time developing sequels. Twelve years went by between D2 and D3. We're only 4 years into D3 right now, so even a quick (by blizzard standards) turn around might have us waiting another 3 or 4 years for a sequel.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Ort posted:

I've been debating that with the Trag set since you get essentially twice the value. Obviously you need other defensive stats still but it would be fun to tinker around with how big of a health pool you could get. st archews gage would provide a hell of a shield if you stacked it with other bonuses, for example.

Loreth's Sunstone is a cool ring to pair with Trag's since with a gigundo 3mil health pool you still have like 600,000 HP even when you're at 20% health and get 80% DR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Cyrano4747 posted:

Yep.

That said, I'm kind of curious what the lag time is going to be like on it. Blizzard is notorious for taking their sweet time developing sequels. Twelve years went by between D2 and D3. We're only 4 years into D3 right now, so even a quick (by blizzard standards) turn around might have us waiting another 3 or 4 years for a sequel.

D3 took so long since they basically had a finished version done then remade the game from scratch.