Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
If you like traditional JRPGs, you can't go wrong with Bravely Default. Both of them let you customize the experience to an amazing degree. You can adjust the encounter rate, battle speed, experience gains, difficulty, etc whenever you want, and if you hate voice acting you can disable it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

EthanSteele posted:

Bravely Default 1 has loads of quality of life things that make grinding super easy and once you get to the Really Good Grinding Area you can hit max level, job points and money super fast. It has adjustable encounter rate (from 0 to 200% I think?) and battle speed, you can set up your crew to do move macros to blow up the enemies as soon as the fight starts so all you have to do is hold the stick like hatching a dang pokemon egg. It's pretty much the most painless JRPG to play.

Bravely Second is better than Bravely Default in basically every way, most importantly eliminating the creepy parts of the writing, and not containing a thing that happens near the end of the game that a lot of people (not me) found annoying and demoralizing. And Bravely Default was already one of my favorite RPGs ever. If you don't like the idea of having two really long and similar RPGs, it's plot-safe to skip to the second one. They're both long, but I wouldn't call either of them grindy. You can go into the difficulty settings and turn off encounters. Or you can leave encounters turned on, but turn EXP gain off, and beat the game that way with your extreme cleverness, and then reach the end of the game and ram the level and job caps in like an hour if you want.

The "Pushmo" and "Boxboy" series are excellent puzzle platformers. The 3DS versions of Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Dragon Quest VII, and Dragon Quest VIII are the best available. The two Kirby games on 3DS are just short of being the best of them all. There's two and a half Ace Attorney games. Kid Icarus Uprising is a great experience but some people find the controls to be very tiring. There's a good chance you'll like one of the Fire Emblem games available.

They got a surprisingly good selection of Game Boy and SNES games on Virtual Console.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

RareAcumen posted:

Keep naming games because I missed out on all this stuff and only just recently got my New 3DS XL.

The World Ends With You for DS is my favourite game for the DS, if you can find it. (It's not on eshop.) Out of the things that are: Smash is great if it's your kind of game and especially if you have someone to play it with. Devil Survivor 1 is one of the better recent SMT games, alongside SMT4 and Apocalypse, so I'd also recommend. And Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon is the best PMD yet and really good and cute. Oh, and Rune Factory 3/4 are really good Harvest Moon-meets-RPG kind of games. Shovel Knight is also great but if you were interested in it you probably got it for the ten other platforms. :v:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
The anime is teasing Ash's Rockruff evolving into the predicted third Lycanroc form (Lycanroc Sunset) from USUM:

https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/893057358552854528

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

heck yeah Ash-Lycanroc

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
pokemon devs cursing at the lack of furry popularity of the lycanrocs and rushing to make lucario 2.0

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

this will be zoroark 2.0 if anything

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
it'll be sun lycanroc but he's standing

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I hope it gets a cooler unique move than Counter.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I hope it gets a cooler unique move than Counter.

Mirror Coat

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

less laughter posted:

The anime is teasing Ash's Rockruff evolving into the predicted third Lycanroc form (Lycanroc Sunset) from USUM:

Here's hoping it's better than Midnight at least.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
They're both in PU.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

less laughter posted:

They're both in PU.

Yes, but Midday form is at least okay at being a speedy attacker while Midnight form's stats make it awful at the defensive battles it is supposed to do.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

It should just look like Rockruff but bigger and with a hat

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

oddium posted:

this will be zoroark 2.0 if anything
zoroark IS lucario 2.0

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yeah

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

But are they both good dogs?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

changed my mind, it should split into several rockruff puppies that do this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSmkv1gyDtg

also rockruff is a good dog

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

iospace posted:

But are they both good dogs?

every pokeman is a good dogs

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zoroark is the Shadow to Lucario's Sonic.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I like the design of both rockruffs and their stats are fine but the abilities are not good.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I think rock might just be a bad type for a Pokemon but good for an attack movetype.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

RareAcumen posted:

I think rock might just be a bad type for a Pokemon but good for an attack movetype.

It'll be Rock/Ghost but with no movepool to take advantage of that.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

RareAcumen posted:

Zoroark is the Shadow to Lucario's Sonic.
so we're due for a knuckles, is what you're saying

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Midnight Lycanroc is pretty Knuckles.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MasterSlowPoke posted:

It'll be Rock/Ghost but with no movepool to take advantage of that.

Oh no, I just think that maybe being rock type is a bad place to be in general.

IronicDongz posted:

so we're due for a knuckles, is what you're saying

Yeah, but we're gonna get an Amy or a Rouge instead and only weird people are going to be happy about it.

LightningKimba posted:

It seems real Ripper Roo to me.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's going to be the Crash Bandicoot costume from the old PlayStation commercials and the trainer actually puts it on and wears it. UltraBodyHorror.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

less laughter posted:

Man, I really hope this one has a wider movepool and a better ability.

I love the Rockruff family because they are cute and good dogs, but trying to fight with them can be, well, rough.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Lycanroc just needs pokebank to disappear forever so he has near-exclusive access to The Quiet Geodes again

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Oh no, I just think that maybe being rock type is a bad place to be in general.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

LightningKimba posted:

It's dumb as hell agreee

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Dabir posted:

It's dumb as hell agreee

im gonna track u down and beat ur rear end

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

much like knuckles the echidna tracks down the shards of the master emerald and beats their asses

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i know not what weapons world war 3 will be fought with, but i know for certain that knuckles the echidna owns - al "Howlin' Mad" einstein

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

oh no, look out for that ice/water/fighting/ground/grass/steel type attack!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

oh no, look out for that ice/water/fighting/ground/grass/steel type attack!

*i spit the toothpick out of the side of my mouth and look u dead in the eye*

it's a common misconception but rock is not weak to ice

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

What should the potential third Lycanroc evo need to get make it good?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ruggington posted:

*i spit the toothpick out of the side of my mouth and look u dead in the eye*

it's a common misconception but rock is not weak to ice

Rock is also not immune to Electric, for those of you wondering at home.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Avalerion posted:

What should the potential third Lycanroc evo need to get make it good?

A new species.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

a rockabilly pompadour and also angel wings