Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Julian Assflange is a loving rear end in a top hat rapist and deserves to be locked into a prison for the rest of his life for committing rape and polluting the earth with the endless hot diarrhea coming from his mouth and twitter posts.

You may as well follow David loving Duke on twitter if you hate yourself enough to give a rancid half-gently caress what the cowardly rapist says.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Democrats seem like they are blowing the 2018 midterms by ignoring the one strategy that is proven to work. It is astounding that they are bumbling this badly.

Statistically, 100% of the time Kanye West says that the President does not care about black people there is a wave election and the opposition party takes both houses.

I haven't seen ANYONE ant the DCCC, DSCC, or DNC even attempt to reach out Yeezy.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Reik posted:

Does this task force wear white hoods and burn lower case 't's on their lawns to tell them "time to stop leaking"?

Keep
Kommunications
Konfidential

He pulled a bunch of fbi agents off their regular jobs to look for leakers and just said that he's going to start prosecuting reporters. It sounds hosed up, but pretty much what people expected in November.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

In the talk about the results of the various midterm elections, you guys are ignoring which party was actually in the White House during each of those elections, a very important factor in the result.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Ripoff posted:

Julian Assflange is a loving rear end in a top hat rapist and deserves to be locked into a prison for the rest of his life for committing rape and polluting the earth with the endless hot diarrhea coming from his mouth and twitter posts.

You may as well follow David loving Duke on twitter if you hate yourself enough to give a rancid half-gently caress what the cowardly rapist says.

rude

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

evilweasel posted:

yeah, the gerrymander was broader and more effective

if dems retake control of the government in 2020 the first thing they should do is immediately ban gerrymandering (which congress has the power to do). i'm worried though that there will be just enough representatives from NY/California/etc who might owe their seats to democratic gerrymandering to make it impossible

or, lock in a pro-democratic gerrymander for a decade i suppose, that is good too

Lock it in, and then ban it.

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Ripoff posted:

I too support the brutalization of political enemies. Was anything released fabricated?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/woodruffbets/status/893489574873243648

this is real bad

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich
loving called it. Dead reporters by the end of the year.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Koalas March posted:

James Woods is a narcissistic bigot who hounded a man until and after he died, because the guy dared to say something mean about him, iirc.

Found it.

https://twitter.com/DanielRTurner/status/893490047873417216

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
ah man how much longer are we gonna have to deal with assaults on the american system of government by the illiterate racists who inexplicably control it

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
With the grand jury news... You know in the one hand sending Trump to prison would be amazing, on the other hand Trump has proven to be incompetent and incapable of doing anything major, having someone whose not a complete moron (Pence/Ryan) pushing their evil agenda.... Slightly torn.

Slightly.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Mr. Crow posted:

With the grand jury news... You know in the one hand sending Trump to prison would be amazing, on the other hand Trump has proven to be incompetent and incapable of doing anything major, having someone whose not a complete moron (Pence/Ryan) pushing their evil agenda.... Slightly torn.

Slightly.

It would be kinda funny if the Dems pushed so hard for Trump to be ousted, only for him to be replaced by someone who actually does damage

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Trump just had Sessions announce that he's prosecuting reporters. That would stop with Trump gone because nobody else is crazy enough to ask.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Radish posted:

Actually it was that one non-Snake quickie mart robber that said he was a singer before shooting at him.

It really bugs me that another country is allowing him to sit in their embassy and push this stuff which is obviously designed to destabilize our government. I get asylum but I don't understand why that means allowing him free reign in this manner. I guess that's somewhat hypocritical considering our own alphabet agencies but it's still something that bugs me.

Ecuador/Moreno hates the US and Assange being allowed to live in the embassy is seen as a political middle finger to the US.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Just because Trump hasn't caused major damage yet doesn't mean that he won't eventually.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Here's hoping the rest of the world takes notice of this poo poo and starts putting massive sanctions on the US, because God knows our government doesn't give a gently caress about what it's citizens think.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

So like subpoenaing journalists to reveal their sources?

Yeah! gently caress your 1st amendment! This is Russia poo poo.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Radish posted:

It really bugs me that another country is allowing him to sit in their embassy and push this stuff which is obviously designed to destabilize our government. I get asylum but I don't understand why that means allowing him free reign in this manner. I guess that's somewhat hypocritical considering our own alphabet agencies but it's still something that bugs me.

they took away his internet access for a while during the election, at least

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Sneakster posted:

I too support the brutalization of political enemies. Was anything released fabricated?

In the sense of "Here, let me mis-contextualize this release to make it seem like it says the opposite of what it actually says", for example, tweeting one paragraph about Mueller taking uranium to the Russians and 'just asking questions' about whether it was related to 'Clinton's sale of uranium' while completely leaving out the three other paragraphs from that same page which show it was Mueller taking evidence to Russia for a joint investigation.

Or in the sense of "Eh, we'll release all of the informant's names and vital information and credit card info, because snitches should get stitches"

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Mustached Demon posted:

So like subpoenaing journalists to reveal their sources?

Yeah! gently caress your 1st amendment! This is Russia poo poo.

yes. basically a backdoor way to jail reporters who write about leaks, they don't actually expect the reporters to give up their sources.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

CyberPingu posted:

It would be kinda funny if the Dems pushed so hard for Trump to be ousted, only for him to be replaced by someone who actually does damage

I think Trump's done plenty damage to America's international reputation and no matter what happens after his presidency I have to expect the office of potus won't be the same again

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Mr. Crow posted:

unironic trump supporter itt

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

CyberPingu posted:

Gorsuch? Never heard of him.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Just imagine a guy who is known for spending his days golfing and scarfing down snacks being forced to spend time in a boring old cell with only PBS to watch.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Why is it real bad when we have "freedom of press" written into law?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

evilweasel posted:

yes. basically a backdoor way to jail reporters who write about leaks, they don't actually expect the reporters to give up their sources.

Welp, I suppose it was only a matter of time, really.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/893490687332634624

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

i am harry posted:

There will always be the press.

RN is technically the press in Russia.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Reik posted:

Caveman diets only work if you spend hours persistence hunting the animal down before eating it.

The effective mechanism of nearly all rule-laden fad diets is conscious eating. When you have a strict set of rules you've committed yourself to following, you stop and think before shoveling the nearest item into your gaping maw out of habit/stress/boredom.

I missed earlier chat and can't be arsed to dig through it, but the death of caloric restriction plans is when the goal has been achieved but the nowslowed BMR lags behind a restored intake (iirc 3-4 weeks). Increasing exercise for a month after you've stopped dieting will greatly limit the yoyo effect.

evilweasel posted:

yeah, but you could excuse that as a bad national wave: where the real problem comes is him running 3-4 points behind clinton

and i do not think he's a bad candidate (he might be, again, not from wisconsin and perhaps he somehow pissed people off), and I just don't really have a good explanation for why he lost, especially one that fits the post-mortems of clinton's campaign, and if people have a theory on how to win back wisconsin it absolutely has to explain why feingold lost because he is a very, very different sort of candidate than clinton

It's why anyone claiming that the key to retaking the House is to follow their policy/messaging advice is full of poo poo. The Justice-dem types are regionally effective (at best)-both nationally and within states. The same is true of the coastal neoliberal incrementalists. Neither is a strong enough coalition to win on their own, and claims about either generating great electoral shifts are bullshit. There is zero evidence to support the idea that the WWC will shift en masse when presented with a nonracial populist message. Similarly, a national strategy aimed at Pabera districts is doomed for failure.

Retaking the house is going to be a messy tent, largely united by opposition to Trump and the GOP agenda. It's the Dems job to-without the senate or white house-unite them around a positive, affirmative platform of reforms and programs that they'll pass if given back those offices.... and then to follow through.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

i am harry posted:

Gitmo exists while the 8th Amendment also exists?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i am harry posted:

because it's an end-run around it

reporter gets a leak of classified information. reporter publishes story on the classified information, which is highly embarrassing to the white house.

sessions orders a criminal investigation into the leak of the classified information. he subpoenas the reporter, demanding the reporter give up his source. reporter refuses.

the doj puts the reporter in jail until they comply with the subpoena.

now, any reporter who wants to report on classified information will get jailed, unless they reveal their sources, in which case their sources get jailed and nobody writes about classified information. doj policy is not to subpoena reporters precisely because of this. sessions intends to throw that out.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

i am harry posted:

You're free to be a journalist.

You're not free to be a journalist we disagree with.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
TheLeft.txt

We've moved on from Corncob. Eskimo kisses is the new thing.

quote:

Democrats Post Picture of Barack and Michelle Obama 'Eskimo Kissing' to Celebrate Former President's Birthday

quote:

It's irrelevent whether anyone in this thread personally like Eskimo kisses. The fact is if someone has an aversion to it so you must stop. You should NEVER touch someone in a way that is against their consent.

quote:

The article and commenters should be aware that "Eskimo" is considered an offensive term. It depends on the location, but the most common term for northern indigenous groups is "Inuit".

quote:

Eskimo means cannibal in the Inuit language. It is not appropriate to use and is based off of the stereotype that Inuits only live in areas too cold to hug properly. It's 2017 Democrats.

quote:

Eskimo? Really Democrats? This is why I didn't vote in 2016. Do you want an "out and proud" avatar of white supremacy that the party is in opposition to or do you want to normalize "soft" white supremacy in the party that is supposed to be opposed.

quote:

Anyone here who is upset about cultural appropriation and the Democratic party's attacks on people of color and indigenous communites should check out DSA. We've grown to over 26k members in the past year alone and we have a dictionary made in 2017 and not 1817.

quote:

Tell me again how "Democrats are better for native/indigenous/PoC/black and brown/non-dominant cultures and lgbtqqiaap/NA +2S communities?"

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Aug 4, 2017

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

DreamShipWrecked posted:

There will always be the press.

RN is technically the press in Russia.

Yes but even Heritage has a write-up that doesn't besmirch the idea: http://www.heritage.org/constitution/#!/amendments/1/essays/140/freedom-of-speech-and-of-the-press
and even supports indictment of the President:

"b. False statements of fact: False statements of fact may generally be punished if they are knowing lies, though generally not if they are honest mistakes (even unreasonable mistakes). There are, however, some situations where even honest mistakes can be punished, and a few where even intentional lies are protected. Gertz v. Robert Welch, Inc. (1974)."

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

i am harry posted:

In a 5-4 decision, the Supreme Court...

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

CyberPingu posted:

Dude, are you kidding?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Jesus loving christ this is fascist bullshit. This is the point of no return, guys.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Genealogists fuckin' up your rhetoric since 1956.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Please join me in putting boots to asses of anyone who mentions James Rosen.

• Locked thread